Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > General
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

General The general chatting goes on in here. That means talk about the LBA games and it's world.

Old 2018-06-26, 12:08
Party animal

Send a message via ICQ to Reek Send a message via MSN to Reek
How long between the two games?

Guys, help up settle a raging debate we have ongoing on whatsapp, how much time do you think passed between the two games, and why?

Shortest possible amount of time is a few months I suppose, assuming twinsen got zoe pregnant at the end of lba1, but it's weird that your neighbour (mies van de rooh's father) is now and old man. In lba1 he's running around and shit, seems to be in great shape, in lba2 he uses a walking stick and is all hunched and shit. Another thing to consider is that the old man from the desert doesn't seem to have aged considerably. So it's a bit unclear.
Old 2018-06-26, 14:48
Neko

2 years or so, you don't have the impression twinsun got freed just a couple of months ago. they had to set up the museum and stuff. most people seem carefree.

his neighbour is on drugs and aged considerably is my guess. Or maybe it is his father?
Old 2018-06-26, 18:28
Party animal

It is the father. But even the father wasn't very old in lba1, he was in great shape in and didn't sound old either.

It's weird how they killed off his son without providing an explanation..
Only thing I can think of is that after lba1 the people of twinsun lynched anyone who used to work for Funfrock.
Old 2018-06-27, 04:25
Polly parrot

Maybe he got killed at then end of LBA1, when Twinsen "erases" all traces of FunFrock :/

That aging discrepency is weird though... Maybe rabbibunnies age faster than quetches, and the old one in the desert stayed alive because... magic ?
Old 2018-06-27, 07:03
Neko

I think they kinda forgot or just didnt think about it
Old 2018-06-27, 08:47
You what?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
I think they kinda forgot or just didnt think about it
NO JESSE THAT’S NOT GOOD ENOUGH

We need a plausible in-universe answer.

Even though you’re probably right.

As Dave said to me, they clearly made the conscious decision to make the neighbour noticeably old in Odyssey, so it wasn’t completely overlooked. My guess is that he actually is already pretty old in Relentless but it’s harder to tell because all rabbibunnies are just orange or brown and all look the same age.
Old 2018-06-27, 23:37
the legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reek View Post
In lba1 he's running around and shit, seems to be in great shape, in lba2 he uses a walking stick and is all hunched and shit.
Too much Gallic acid.

Polaris: "And what is a guitar doing in the middle of an asteroïd anyway?"
sgk: Think of it this way: it's like a message in a bottle. In our world, we put a message inside a bottle to protect it while it travels through the oceans to reach some other island. In other worlds, they put a message inside an asteroid to protect it while it travels through space to reach some other planet. In this case it is a gift, a guitar, rather than just a message.
Old 2018-06-28, 01:04
Polly parrot

Old 2018-07-03, 18:50
Magic Level: Fire Ball

https://www.magicball.net/gamequotes/1177

According to this game quote, "it was long, long ago", so I'd say 10+ years.
Old 2018-07-03, 22:47
the legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renesans View Post
https://www.magicball.net/gamequotes/1177

According to this game quote, "it was long, long ago", so I'd say 10+ years.
Nice find renesans!

sgk: Think of it this way: it's like a message in a bottle. In our world, we put a message inside a bottle to protect it while it travels through the oceans to reach some other island. In other worlds, they put a message inside an asteroid to protect it while it travels through space to reach some other planet. In this case it is a gift, a guitar, rather than just a message.
Old 2018-07-04, 16:26
Party animal

Wow, indeed..
Old 2018-07-04, 17:15
the legend

Quote:
Shortest possible amount of time is a few months I suppose, assuming twinsen got zoe pregnant at the end of lba1
Also it is unknown how time passes by (ie: affects its inhabitants) in Twinsun and how Quetches pregnancy function - it can be related to Earth and Humans or not at all. Their pregnancy might last 9 months or... years. Who knows? It's another universe.

Another theory is that different species age differently, maybe rabbibunnies get older faster and more visibly than quetches - much like us and other animals:

Last edited by SpaceGuitarist; 2018-07-04 at 17:21.
Old 2018-07-04, 17:32
Party animal

Hehe. tbh i'd rather avoid overthinking it. I doubt the creators had some sort of elaborate aging scheme for each race. Here's what i wrote on the whatsapp group:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.png‎
Views:	124
Size:	158.5 KB
ID:	10188  
Old 2018-07-04, 17:46
Neko

hey how can i join the app group
Old 2018-07-04, 18:09
the legend

Quote:
I doubt the creators had some sort of elaborate aging scheme for each race
I know right? but if they secretly read some MBN threads before making LBA3, they might include these cool science-fiction concepts in it...

As for the walking stick, well he might have gotten injured working in the sewers.

Old 2018-07-12, 01:50
Welcome to Zirla!

Send a message via ICQ to Battler Send a message via AIM to Battler Send a message via MSN to Battler Send a message via Yahoo to Battler
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceGuitarist
Nice find renesans!
I've actually been pointing this out for at least 10 years already. That LBA 2 quote is what made my idea for LBA: The Great Rebellion possible, as there's more than enough time between the two games for major events to happen. It also makes sense - after FunFrock was overthrown in the end of LBA 1, the rise of factions fighting for control over the planet would have been very likely.
I also imagine something similar happening on paradise Zeelich after LBA 2 - the Sup's trying to start a new regime over Zeelich, but the Mosquibees rebelling and claiming they should be the ones ruling because the Sup's were responsible for the dictatorial empire seen in LBA 2.
Old 2018-07-12, 10:58
Hello

Question: did all the creatures in the Undergas die when Twinsen spontaneously turned the gas into (what appears to be) liquid water?
#include <iostream>

using namespace std;

int main()
{
  cout<<"Regards,\nDino-Fly\n";
 cin.get();
}
Old 2018-07-12, 17:09
the legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino-Fly View Post
Question: did all the creatures in the Undergas die when Twinsen spontaneously turned the gas into (what appears to be) liquid water?
Well as far as I know those creatures lived in and out of the water in a gas world (concerning the ones that float around in undergas). Therefore if the gas vanished, it did not affect them that much.

Old 2018-07-12, 20:45
Hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceGuitarist View Post
Well as far as I know those creatures lived in and out of the water in a gas world (concerning the ones that float around in undergas). Therefore if the gas vanished, it did not affect them that much.

But what about the Wannies for example?
#include <iostream>

using namespace std;

int main()
{
  cout<<"Regards,\nDino-Fly\n";
 cin.get();
}
Old 2018-07-13, 01:23
the legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino-Fly View Post
But what about the Wannies for example?
I think it's a matter of the planet being revitalized; that being said, noone gets hurt. Revitalizing means recovering from destruction into new life, so, where you had deserts blossomed forests, and the undergas... instead of toxic (?) wastelands became somewhere beautiful. Pretty sure wannies are like mammals we have on Earth, like martens, so their natural habitat was actually rainforests... they were living miserably in the undergas for lack of options/opression/dictatorship/etc.

Old 2018-07-17, 23:51
Welcome to Zirla!

Send a message via ICQ to Battler Send a message via AIM to Battler Send a message via MSN to Battler Send a message via Yahoo to Battler
It wasn't the gas that turned into water, but the lava. The gas just disappeared and the former undergas is now exposed land surrounded with water instead of lava and lush forests everywhere. The former above gas islands are now mountain peaks.
And the Wannies and the Mosquibees are still alive, as shown in the ending of LBA 2.
Old 2018-07-19, 03:44
Welcome to Zirla!

This is Paradise Zeelich:

So most of the lava became land with lush forest, with some water in between.
Old 2018-07-19, 18:56
the legend

You are wrong, Battler, no lava turned into water.

This is how it goes:

The planet was in a primordial state: toxic gases, lava and rocks. Probably kept that way purposefully by Dark Monk. What happened with Dark Monk's fall is the evolution of that planet's morphology and geology in minutes rather than millions of years. Probably what it was supposed to be all that time.

1 - We can clearly see that first, the gas dissipates.
2 -- Then the bare lava is revealed.
3 --- Then this lava becomes solid earth (fertile terrain).
4 ---- Nature regulates itself and forests and rivers have now room to grow.

And by the magic of Sendell, no sups, mosquibees, francos, wannies, doggies or giraffes were harmed in the process. Although I don't really care about the doggies.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Zeelich reborn.jpg‎
Views:	178
Size:	270.5 KB
ID:	10190  

Last edited by SpaceGuitarist; 2018-07-19 at 19:02.
Old 2018-07-19, 21:03
Welcome to Zirla!

Yes, I did say in my last post, that most of the lava became land.
Old 2018-07-19, 21:20
the legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battler View Post
It wasn't the gas that turned into water, but the lava.
^ Sorry I only read this bit.