Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > Off topic
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Off topic General off-topic chat goes in here.

View Poll Results: Who do you want to win the US Presidential Election 2008?
Barack Obama 18 81.82%
John McCain 4 18.18%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-07-04, 06:52
the hobbits to Otringal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightwing View Post
Bottom line is: (...) People want something new to blame all their problems on.
...and they will get it.

It's almost total passiveness if u think of it. Really, the confused power hungry fasist are not to blame it's the ignorant lazy people who let them toy with our world.

Peace, lol.

http://forum.magicball.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2558&dateline=1285864225
Old 2008-07-04, 12:28
Party animal

Send a message via ICQ to Reek Send a message via MSN to Reek
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosFish View Post
Granted, I'm not really an expert in all this politics thing. But I find this VERY hard to believe Bush is actually stupid. Separate comedy from reality. And did they go to Iraq because of the oil? REALLY? That just seems unlikely, maybe even stupid to think that.
You're right, who wants oil, anyway. It's not like it's prices are growing every day.

1)why do you think it's unlikely oil is one of the reasons for the war?

2)what do you think the reason is then?

3)And if the war wasn't about oil, why were the american troops instructed to secure oil fields as a top priority?

4)And, care to explain: [1][2][3][4]

Last edited by Reek; 2008-07-04 at 12:52.
Old 2008-07-04, 15:16
weee

Hmf, anyway, this seems odd.
Old 2008-07-04, 16:09
The return of

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireBall2K View Post
I don't see why someone should say "terrorist" instead of terrorist, in the end it's a person that causes terror to some group, not much to argue there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasiek
Well guys, anyone who kills in any different manner then self-defense, or kills innocent people, has no moral right to call himself a freedom fighter. Which means the tool he uses to fight is terror, and thus he is a terrorist. It doesn't matter if his cause is just or not, the fact remains that innocent deaths on his hands make him just a big of a murder as the people he fights.
In that case, every Army, is a terrorist army. The word "Terrorist" is a convenient term used by those usually guilty of similar, if not more grave crimes (e.g. Israel which, by all means, has targeted civilian populations as a policy) to give them the moral upper hand in a war, and to justify the crimes they commit.

Its not to say that those who are usually termed terrorists are not, ill be the first to admit that firing rockets that have no guidance system is terror, in that it terrifies civilian populations. But I'll like to point out theres more than 100fold more rockets fired in the opposite direction into civilian populations, often with complete disregard as to whom may get hit, even though they have technology that would allow them to avoid civilian targets.

I personally would like for Obama to come to power because of the threat we all face from a war between Israel and Iran. Israel has an arrogant policy, Iranian WILL strike back hard, and its proxy groups would too. The result? It would most certainly spread to Iraq, and from there on possibly other countries.

Such a war holds catastrophic consequences for the entirity of the middle east. It is by no means necessary, as Irans aquiring of a nuke is most definatly more of a threat to its arab nieghbors than it is Israel, as Nuking Israel would result in wiping out the palestinean people.

Personally, I would like for a North Korea like scenario, where Iran does aquire a nuke, and the world negotiates a serious deal in which both Israel and Iran let go of their respective nukes.

Regarding the threat, I would say it is common knowledge there are two nuclear powers in the middle east, Israel, and Saudi Arabia. I would presume the latter has nuclear weapons, as it financed Pakistans nuclear program.

The three having nuclear weapons (all declaring such a capability) could actually be the key to all dismanteling their nuclear progams/nukes.

Israeli leaders are creating baseless fear, Iran is exasperating the situation with its comments (which most arabs do realise is just talk to rally regional support, Iran would never act on its threats, it is impossible realisticly speaking). Israel is not threatened by Iran, however, its ability to fight external wars was severly diminished by Iran's growing military power, which proxy groups in the middle east are inheriting. The last war with lebanon demonstrated just that, when Hezbollahs weponry struck Israel hundreds of times a day for the duration of the war, and nothing could stop it, and nothing can stop it apart from peace negotitations.

The key to peace is probably negotiations, regional ones. However, Israel has refused the 1967 borders, even though that in itself is minimal. Worse probably is Israels refusal to dismantale west bank settlements, which in essence denies the palestineans to a two state solution.

Where does Obama come into all of this? He has said he would talk directly with the Iranians. He has the bonus of being well liked already here, and a change from the typical "we'll destroy you" american policy, which only ever destroys the government system, and breeds a million insurgents, terrorists, freedom fighters etc...
Old 2008-07-04, 16:37
Idyllic + whimsical

TLDR, didn't even bother to read beyond the first paragraph which I predicted you'll post.
Anyway terror is relative.
And I don't want to get into this discussion with you about the Israeli-arab conflict, neither of us will change our opinions and I'll just think you're more of a hypocrite than the last time, and that won't matter anyway.
"Ignorance IS NOT bliss! How is your credit card history?" (Banner)
"I find bliss in Ignorance" (Linkin Park - One Step Closer)
Old 2008-07-04, 18:38
weee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axx View Post
It is by no means necessary, as Irans aquiring of a nuke is most definatly more of a threat to its arab nieghbors than it is Israel, as Nuking Israel would result in wiping out the palestinean people.
That doesn't even make an internal sense.
Old 2008-07-04, 19:09
The return of

Unfortunately it requires minimal cognitive abilities to make sense, which you have not acquired (yet, I hope).

In any case, I'm adding my two cents to a so far intellectually defunct debate. This has been said many times, those who are offended can and should go somewhere else.

Last edited by Axx; 2008-07-04 at 19:14.
Old 2008-07-04, 19:32
weee

Riiiight, I don't have minimal cognitive abilities. Why am I even bothering..
Old 2008-07-04, 20:09
Magic Ball Master

Don't rationalize...vaporize!
Old 2008-11-05, 07:02

Send a message via ICQ to Lightwing
YES YOU CAN!

Common. Everybody say it with me!

Everyone else is.
Old 2008-11-05, 13:09
The Prince of all Saiyans

Send a message via ICQ to Bomba!
I'm glad he is chosen, but the real test begins now. It's no time for euphoria, if people will build unrealistic expectations of him it is a recipe for failure.
Let us hope he will fulfill some of the change he was talking about, it's time for actions to backup his lovely words.
"All men dream, but not equally.Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible." ~Thomas Edward Lawrence

"When you were born, the world rejoiced and you cried. Live your life, so that when you die, you will rejoice and the world will cry." ~ Indian Saying
Old 2008-11-05, 14:21
Magic Ball Master

Wait, another thread? I must have missed something.

Class warfare should be fun though.
Old 2008-11-05, 15:55

Eh, I couldn't find another thread and this one appeared to be the original one.
Old 2008-11-05, 16:22
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
Eh, I couldn't find another thread and this one appeared to be the original one.
I think the US Election thread in the Roofles is the one I've been following, I didn't realize we had this one too (even though I had previously responded to it, apparently).
Old 2008-11-05, 19:12
The return of

Yes can YOU!

I watched, I waited, He won, I partied, now that all thats over....

Damn that AMERICAN leader OBAMA! He is the enemy of all muslims, preach preach preach!!!

Or atleast I expect that to happen. Hopefully though something different happens this time round, hopefully Obama can push for world peace after Bush brought world war.
Old 2008-11-05, 19:34
Father of Shoda

great

Listen to my band's EP on one of the following links!

Check it out:
https://soundcloud.com/inglorious-da...orious-days-ep
http://ingloriousdays.bandcamp.com/
http://open.spotify.com/album/3C1idn10yT06VK0qPiusku
Old 2008-11-05, 19:42
Magic Ball Master

Incidentally, since we now have an (allegedly) muslim President, could we recruit some of your suicide bombers to our side? I'd rather use them as disposable soldiers instead of having white people die.
Old 2008-11-05, 19:45
Magic Ball Master

Incidentally, please take that above comment as a joke - I already got banned on a forum I've visited for a long time because I made a "black" joke about Obama. It was pretty hilarious. So I'm trusting that my sarcasm is more evident here, but until then, I'll apply the sarcasm tag. :P
Old 2008-11-05, 19:49

I want to hear this joke.
Old 2008-11-05, 20:16
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
I want to hear this joke.
We were joking about this lady on the forum who works in retail, and how she voted. I made a comment that "Black Friday" had a whole new meaning this year. With a smilie and everything.

Apparently the powers that be must have felt I was no longer welcome. The login screen tells me my account has been deleted and that "your racist allusions are not welcome here."

I can already tell it's going to be a fun four years...
Old 2008-11-05, 20:22
Magic Ball Master

Send a message via MSN to LBAWinOwns
You made the right decision to wait until they moved the thread out of the Roofles Den before posting your joke -.-

LBA Image Creator project
(image by leoboe! )

Get the Jump-Save-Bug graphically explained here
Old 2008-11-05, 20:28
Magic Ball Master

The joke probably doesn't make sense to folks outside the U.S. anyways. It wasn't even really a joke, I was just responding in a relatively humorous and lighthearted way to a political debate...
Old 2008-11-05, 20:30
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-J View Post
The joke probably doesn't make sense to folks outside the U.S. anyways. It wasn't even really a joke, I was just responding in a relatively humorous and lighthearted way to a political debate...
You're right. Your sense of humour could have got you some enemies though.
Old 2008-11-05, 20:47

I don't know what you guys are talking about, I think the joke's halarious.

People seriously need to lighten up. I'm quite sure that if the case was with white people nobody would notice. It's just a pun. It's not like he said "Black Friday? More like NIGGER Friday, ROFLOL!!11"
Old 2008-11-05, 20:55
Hello

Indeed!
+1 XP to Lightwing.

This forum needs to lighten up, think of LBA or something.
#include <iostream>

using namespace std;

int main()
{
  cout<<"Regards,\nDino-Fly\n";
 cin.get();
}

Tags
elections, politics