Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > LBA Modifications > LBA Prequel
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

LBA Prequel The goal of this project is to make a prequel of LBA1 using the original engine. (homepage)

Old 2011-08-17, 19:34
Master of Degree

Progress anyone?

Hi everyone. It's been some time since the last progress report, and I suppose you already started wondering if there will be any. Well, I wanted to keep you in suspense for some time. Nah, I'm kidding .

The reason I prolonged the news report publication is that I wanted to make a bigger surprise. Unfortunately, some people failed to make their part, and this will not be such surprise, as planed. Though it still may be a kind of.

Without getting into much words, I show you this table, that speaks for itself quite much:

In case it does not, here is some explanation. The table above comes from our team-only management system, that helps us keep track of the Prequel content and progress of various parts. The table itself gathers progress of the world areas (grids and scenes) for the demo. As you can see, almost all the grids and some scenes are already done. The only thing that raises worries are the three not started grids at the bottom. These are the things that failed. Some time ago two guys (brothers) offered us help with the map design. We saw their previous work and was amazed of how talented they were. So amazed that we outsourced the three maps so they would make it. Unfortunately, after one very promising image of half-made work we lost contact with them. At the moment it's been over two months since we got the last e-mail from them, and we have no idea what is going on. I think we will wait for them till about a month before the demo release, maybe they will get back to us. If not, we will make the maps by ourselves.

So, almost all Grids are done! Now we will focus on the Scenes and scripting. This is much harder task though, and I do not dare to estimate how long it could take

Thanks you are still with us!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Progress.png‎
Views:	618
Size:	81.3 KB
ID:	8747  

Last edited by Zink; 2011-08-18 at 17:54. Reason: I left some html formatting out
Old 2011-08-17, 19:36
Magic Ball Master

You look far better organized than the TGR ever was
Old 2011-08-18, 14:17
Neko

there's a demo coming? nice
Old 2011-08-18, 14:35
weee

Awesome.
Old 2011-08-18, 16:16
Neko

good news thread

come on zink and alex, we know you can do it
Old 2011-08-19, 08:40
Master of Degree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobold View Post
Actually, our management system is based on MediaWiki engine, just like TGR's . Only that I have made some improvements so it is more functional.
Old 2011-08-19, 14:42
Neko

But to be frank the prequel only got a youtubevideo farther than the tgr so progress in both projects was zero. So obras had noting to complain about.
Old 2011-08-20, 20:22

Send a message via ICQ to Lightwing
A big "you guys rock" to Zink and Alex for the work they've produced for the project!!
Old 2011-08-21, 22:50
New efforts! :)

You guys inspired me to make my own mod. Can't wait to see it.

A big hug to you guys.

Take a look at the blog!

LBA:LID Demo v1.0 HERE
Report bugs here! Thanks Alexfont!
----------------------------------------
Take a look at Vindish's mod!
Old 2011-08-23, 09:26
Master of Degree

Good news. I wrote in the first post that the guys working on some grids for us stopped responding. Well, I hurried too much with that statement. It turned out that they were on vacation and after that they just forgot to reply . They got back to me after they saw the progress post, and it turned out that they were still alive! Till now they have made one of the grids, which is fantastic.

My apology to the guys for misinterpreting the whole situation, and I hope that we will avoid such accidents in future.
Old 2011-08-24, 05:59

Send a message via ICQ to Lightwing
Good news! Can't wait to see how it turns out!
Old 2011-10-09, 14:49
Welcome to Zirla!

Send a message via ICQ to Battler Send a message via AIM to Battler Send a message via MSN to Battler Send a message via Yahoo to Battler
Quote:
I had the same kind of thing re: the grids about the TGR in the Team section of my forum. And you know that very well.

The Prequel is well-organized? I'll tell you this, when I left the Prequel Team, the atmosphere was utterly unpleasant. It had become more about making the best and biggest LBA game ever than about actually getting it done.
Yes I in a way did do similarly with the TGR as well, but I eventually had the decency to stop and see it had no sense, and tried to re-organize the whole thing. Obviously at that point, LBAWinOwns started demanding me to do 95% of all the work, even when I had no way or time to, so the whole thing failed.

You know, sure I can understand what Kobold and LBAWinOwns were coming from, but it's one thing when you're doing something you know you'll get at the least paid for, and when you're doing something for which you expect nothing in return, in my case, not even basic appreciation, as a lot of people still haven't moved over the damn past.
In the former case, there's enough incentive to make said project your priority and spending 95% of your time on it. In the latter case, there simply isn't.

So yes, Kobold, ask yourself, why no-one offered to set up the organizational framework themselves? I'm admittedly bad at that, which is why I wanted help with organization in the first place. There's some things I'm bad at. To name relevant things: organization, story-writing, drawing, and 3D modeling. At I would like to get help with these things.
Old 2011-10-11, 20:44
Neko

You still want to do tgr?
Old 2011-10-13, 21:54
Magic Ball Master

I know exactly what I'm criticising with your working habits. The fact that as soon as one asks you to do work, you point out how lazy everybody else was, and thus see no reason to do anything yourself. And the fact that you still haven't seen what's wrong about that is one of the main reasons for the TGR's current state.
Old 2011-10-13, 23:17
Welcome to Zirla!

Send a message via ICQ to Battler Send a message via AIM to Battler Send a message via MSN to Battler Send a message via Yahoo to Battler
Quote:
I know exactly what I'm criticising with your working habits. The fact that as soon as one asks you to do work, you point out how lazy everybody else was, and thus see no reason to do anything yourself. And the fact that you still haven't seen what's wrong about that is one of the main reasons for the TGR's current state.
Yes, have you ever wondered why I reacted like that? Because I kept explaining I wasn't even at home most of the time, thus not really able to do it, yet you and LBAWinOwns still insisted I had to do it.
But none of you, apart from Allindir, really bothered to understand why I was being like that. Sad.

Edit: And don't forget that for like two years before I even made a Team, I did all the work on the project alone. And I still did a lot myself even after that. Sadly it was increasingly difficult as I had to spend time at the capital with no access to my data. So I was unable to work most of the time. But no-one showed any understanding.
Old 2011-10-16, 21:19
Magic Ball Master

Send a message via MSN to LBAWinOwns
There have been amazing success in the world of open source with github and co. I'm talking about sending pull requests, modern issue tracking and an overall social take on collaborative development.

Have you considered using such modern tools for this project Zink?

LBA Image Creator project
(image by leoboe! )

Get the Jump-Save-Bug graphically explained here
Old 2011-10-22, 12:52
Master of Degree

We have not considered it yet, we will maybe do it for the full game. For the demo it is not worth the effort.