Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > Fan Creations > Fan Games
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Fan Games A forum for discussion of any demos and fan games being made. Not for discussion of Modifications.

Old 2004-03-13, 01:08
the legend

This is the definitely post for anyone who wants to be in the game!

So, the game expect to have these places, so u could be in one of these:

NAME/DESCRIPTION:
MBN (specify exact room)
Portals none needed

--------BRUNDEL ISLAND----------
first place outside in brundel island
main area in which u can go to every area in brundel
Darkflame house
SGKs bar
Docks
-------TIPPET ISLAND-------------
Tippet main area (the one you know in te game)
Tippet shop
Swindler st
Twinsun Cafe
passage to mermaid cafe
Mermaid Cafe
Caves
Sewer Control
Sewers
Outside passage (got to be a saylor in this one)
Ruined Docks
===========END==============

Thats it. Now please PM me if youre interested. specify place and what ull look like and if you want, ur role in the game, but dont mind about that, i can fit you into something.

Please if youre going to use a custom image send it big and with the invisible areas cutted. You can use a animation too (depends, im not ceratin about animations yet).

Thank you, any bugs reply here please and read the readme before asking me how to play. Thanks to Chris jones for the game engine.

Polaris: "And what is a guitar doing in the middle of an asteroïd anyway?"
sgk: Think of it this way: it's like a message in a bottle. In our world, we put a message inside a bottle to protect it while it travels through the oceans to reach some other island. In other worlds, they put a message inside an asteroid to protect it while it travels through space to reach some other planet. In this case it is a gift, a guitar, rather than just a message.
Old 2004-03-15, 00:12
the legend

Hey! a new idea of a place, i just dont know in which island.. or how to get there but the idea is to have a museum/artgallery with all/most fan art images

so what does anyone think of it?

sgk: Think of it this way: it's like a message in a bottle. In our world, we put a message inside a bottle to protect it while it travels through the oceans to reach some other island. In other worlds, they put a message inside an asteroid to protect it while it travels through space to reach some other planet. In this case it is a gift, a guitar, rather than just a message.
Old 2004-03-15, 01:08
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
Good idea indeed!

Theres a few buildings in LBA1 you never got to go into.
So maybe just have it in one of them?

You would have to link it too a location in the game suitable.
If you change it enough people will just think its a simerlar building.
(ie, not "how did i get teleported here)
Old 2004-03-15, 03:50
the legend

Thanks citadele for the idea

allright! Ill manage to make a new road from brundle isalnd new place.

And btw hows ur charether in the game? is that what uve expected, want any speech/fixes/anything?

NEWS: the new version of the game (v.2.2) will take as long as i get enough changes (people participating and new rooms), so come on i need more people!

Old 2004-03-15, 22:50
the legend

NEWS: im working in another game now so until i dont get more motivation (people participating) i dont think illl make more of the game :/

and cos i cant use now the computer that is with the files of the game

Old 2004-03-16, 00:27
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
What?
It was going well!
Old 2004-03-17, 00:08
the legend

yeah but id like some more response from the public too , its just that, look at the thread, so many posts without replies, its sad.. unmotivativating.

But thought its not dead, ill finish what ive started and thatll be good for me and whoever apreciates the game.

Old 2004-03-17, 00:19
LBA fan

SGuitarKid, you have to understand that this community has seem many projects start and die; and that the ones that didn't die weren't completed and are progressing very slowly.

I don't think there'll be much response from the public unless you come up with something truely enjoyable (i.e., with a certain level of completion, maturity and gameplay). I'm not criticizing the project, I think it looks very promissor, and probably had more progress than 90% of the other projects.

When it's bigger, like big enough for beta-testing, and polished enough for entertainment, you create a new thread and I think people will give it more importance.
Old 2004-03-17, 01:04
the legend

Well im trying to do the best as a 2d adventure game can do, as fast as i can learning and reading the manual.

thanks for the comments.

Old 2004-03-19, 02:20
the legend

Heres a preview screenshot of the Mermaid cafe!! The mermaid cafe will be featured in the new version among the various places in tippet island! yes the Foxy Bunny Soft is creating more lba world!!

Please support our sponsor (well, myself ) by simply participating in the game!

More screenies soon!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenmermaidcafe.jpg‎
Views:	540
Size:	85.8 KB
ID:	3315  

Old 2004-03-19, 15:20
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceGuitarKid
This is the definitely post for anyone who wants to be in the game!

So, the game expect to have these places, so u could be in one of these:

NAME/DESCRIPTION:
MBN (specify exact room)
Portals none needed

--------BRUNDEL ISLAND----------
first place outside in brundel island
main area in which u can go to every area in brundel
Darkflame house
SGKs bar
Docks
-------TIPPET ISLAND-------------
Tippet main area (the one you know in te game)
Tippet shop
Swindler st
Twinsun Cafe
passage to mermaid cafe
Mermaid Cafe
Caves
Sewer Control
Sewers
Outside passage (got to be a saylor in this one)
Ruined Docks
===========END==============

Thats it. Now please PM me if youre interested. specify place and what ull look like and if you want, ur role in the game, but dont mind about that, i can fit you into something.

Please if youre going to use a custom image send it big and with the invisible areas cutted. You can use a animation too (depends, im not ceratin about animations yet).

Thank you, any bugs reply here please and read the readme before asking me how to play. Thanks to Chris jones for the game engine.
Name: Areith Quadrant
MBN: Ruined Docks

(i dun think the portals thing is neccesary, do you?)
Old 2004-03-20, 01:26
the legend

Ok. do you want to be like sonic? will you giveme the image or ill find it? wantme to use your avatar image?

(yes i think so it gets more interesting)

ps: whats fifthscape? got any screenshots/downloads?

Old 2004-03-20, 01:40
formerly just angry

OK played a bit and seems cool - would def like to be in it! Think I'll find the guy from Harvest Moon as my char........Don't really understand how this all works - then again I'm probably being thick!
Old 2004-03-20, 02:31
the legend

Allright just follow the instructions in the post at the top of tis page and pm me your decisions.

Old 2004-03-23, 08:17
Boobs!

Hmmm.......

My company could help in creating the sound fx and music aswell...

I bring you:

Bug Bytes MP3 Enc0d3Rs
Old 2004-03-23, 18:36
the legend

lol i make musics myself but ur welcome! ok, i want some samples of ur music.

Old 2004-03-23, 18:52
the legend

The "MBN and LBA!" FAQ:

1- What is it?
Its a game im developing in AGS using screenshots of lba1 and probably in the future of lba2 too. I edit the screenshots creating new areas in Twinsun!
Not new islands, only islands that were not shown enough, like Brundle island.
All the rest is my creation. Most of it.

2- Good, now where can i get it to download?
HERE

3- Ive played it and liked it. What can i do with it else than play?
Yes this is an uncommon question not really frequently asked. You can participate in the game if ure a member of MBN, thats the reason of the name of the game, u can choose ure appearance, location and maybe if u want ure role in the game. More detailed info on that see HERE

4-I generally dont download games without a screenshot first. Got any?
Yes, enjoy:
And here is a banner, feel free to put it in your website with a link to this post.
banner

Thank you and thank Adeline. As this is a freeware game with no profit im using their images.

Old 2004-03-23, 23:30
Boobs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceGuitarKid
... download games without a screenshot first. Got any?
Yes, enjoy:
You've already shown that one! lol
Old 2004-03-25, 03:44
the legend

actually ive shown all of them already. I just compiled it all in one post so i could link it.

Old 2004-03-25, 18:58
thegnarlypanda

Send a message via AIM to hobmoblin
I like the banner!
Old 2004-03-27, 22:35
Banned

wow great game so far...
if the offers still open, could i be in the game?
i would try to help, just tell me what you need
Old 2004-03-28, 00:49
the legend

Allright just follow the instructions in the post at the top of tis page and pm me your decisions.

No one will ever be late itll always be open. Until i finish it course.

I need help on animations models for AGS of the four species. Anithing related to that is useful too. I prefer them in separate sprites in any normal graphical extension.

Old 2004-03-30, 08:51
the legend

HEY ANYONE KNOWS WHERE I CAN GET THE LBA FONT? urgent!

Old 2004-04-03, 11:58
Banned

:)

the lba font is found here:
lba font
Old 2004-04-03, 12:14
Magic Ball Master

*hides the owl from Morshem* DON'T show the OWL when Morshem is around! Don't you know how much he could abuse the poor creature?!

BTW, I could send you my whole sprite sheet if you want SGK.