Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > Fan Creations > Fan Games
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Fan Games A forum for discussion of any demos and fan games being made. Not for discussion of Modifications.

Old 2004-11-18, 14:09
weee

Your're getting better Botman
Old 2004-11-18, 14:34
????

Send a message via MSN to Seba
Hey can someone send me that lba remake 0.2 file please.?? My email: [email address]
Old 2004-11-18, 16:46
Look beyond reality.

some updates, tell me what you think

A movie this time, to let you guys see how it will possibly look in the game.

http://home.planet.nl/~kuijt153/lba_house.mov
Old 2004-11-18, 18:52
the legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seba
Hey can someone send me that lba remake 0.2 file please.?? My email: [email address]
the file is too big to send by email... (i think)

BOT13: downloading!!..

btw, the house is great, except for what the_angry pointed out!

Polaris: "And what is a guitar doing in the middle of an asteroïd anyway?"
sgk: Think of it this way: it's like a message in a bottle. In our world, we put a message inside a bottle to protect it while it travels through the oceans to reach some other island. In other worlds, they put a message inside an asteroid to protect it while it travels through space to reach some other planet. In this case it is a gift, a guitar, rather than just a message.
Old 2004-11-18, 21:02
Do the evolution.

Twinsun

Yes, Beyound Good7Evil 2 (hey, this is Poland ) I've played it and finished about two months ago. Hey, Bot13, I'm getting jelous
Old 2004-11-18, 21:22
Look beyond reality.

I'm getting jelous here too I want that game dammit
Old 2004-11-18, 21:29
Do the evolution.

Twinsun

Well, It's awesome. But I haven't played the first part though. (I fixed my mouse, some super glue, scissors, and a piece of a broken Floppy disc)
Old 2004-11-18, 21:36
Look beyond reality.

I seem to can't find anything about BG&E 2 on the internet though ..?
But lets not continue this subject, better do it in the BG&E tread.

I'm working hard to get everything right, texturing is the main problem, do you have texture skills in 3d game studio? I can send you the model and the textures, becouse my textureskills really suck in gamestudio.

Still you have to place the models though, this model I made has a to big polycount to get in thesame scene as your model, so it has to be a new scene (just like LBA, when entracing a house you get into a new scene).

I don't have the C-Language skills to make that transision from scene to scene as well, so you got alot of work

I'll work as hard as I can, the last 3 days where a bonus, becouse I didn't had much homework, but homework is going to be pitty next week, so don't expect miracles

Good luck with your (our?) project
Old 2004-11-20, 01:46
Do the evolution.

Twinsun

This is a very early stage of the thing I said i am wokring on. A VERY early stage, I really need to find a way to convert a 3ds or mdl file into a hmp(terrain file) and this is the only issue I have, when I'm going to find a way to fo this, I'm going to do something new, sorry for the remake, I will finish it, I'm just doing this right now, I wan't to do a very thing of my own, not a copy, but it's still going to be LBA. On the picture you can see a modified part of the Citadel Island, guess what part

The textures are from a free pack from the site of RMP

Hey, Bot13, could you send me the house model ? I could texture it and attach it to the game, it shouldn't be too dificult
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	EarlyStage.jpg‎
Views:	344
Size:	76.3 KB
ID:	4202  

Last edited by Jasiek; 2004-11-20 at 12:37.
Old 2004-11-20, 12:34
formerly just angry

Cool - is that ripped from LBA2? or did you make it yourself? How will the textures look at ground level btw
Old 2004-11-20, 12:40
Do the evolution.

Twinsun

No, I made it myself, but right now i Can't find a way to convert it to a hmp file so it's not going to be too usefull ( you can walk normaly on a hmp file, like on a piece of terrain, but a model file like this has to be restricted by a lot of blocks and walls, or the player will just fall trough the ground and walk through the walls and cliffs...) So, I'm back to doing the remake again
Old 2004-11-20, 12:45
Look beyond reality.

I'll send you that model in 3ds format, with all the textures, but I am on the wrong PC for that now, so you'll receive it today later on
Old 2004-11-20, 12:56
Do the evolution.

Twinsun

Thanks!
Old 2004-11-20, 13:37
Look beyond reality.

Shall I give you the whole scene with all the objects inside? Or maybe the whole scene except for the furniture, so that you can texture those separated and add them later on to the scene?
Old 2004-11-20, 13:54
Look beyond reality.

Okay, here a .zip that I made.

It contains a .3ds file, witch you can import via the MED. Also allot of textures, and I hope that you know where they must be placed, reading the filenames.

If you don't get something, just ask, and texture you own way through if you find it to difficult to texture.

I trust on you, cause I know you can do it

http://www.wxs.nl/~kuijt153/3ds.zip
Old 2004-11-20, 14:26
????

Send a message via MSN to Seba
Jasiek Can you send newest lba remake file to my bigger email adres (over 15MB ) :: [email address] Please..
Old 2004-11-20, 14:29
Look beyond reality.

Seba, please knock it off, There's a function here that's totaly made for these kind of messages

PM

Good luck
Old 2004-11-20, 22:06
Do the evolution.

Bot13, I cannot use this house , because it's an 3DS file, however I can use the objects, but I will have to split them into seperate pieces to texture them properly. Your house would be an entity, and the entities do not cooperate with the newton phisics engine from 3DGS so the whole house Has to be made with the world editor(WED), only things like the fireplace, furniture can be made with the MED or 3DS. It's the same problem I have with the Island I made, you cannot walk on it and you will pass trough the walls . But the objects are great they will be very usefull
Old 2004-11-20, 22:09
Look beyond reality.

And if I split up everything? Furniture, floor, walls, doors, carpets... Will you then be able to set all the object in to place and so make it GameStudio proof?

That would be a blesson..
Old 2004-11-20, 22:14
Do the evolution.

Twinsun

Well, If you could split the objects it would be grate but unfortunately the house has to be made in WED I't very uncomfortable to use (wed) If I could make the whole game in the model editor, it would be a lot better. You know I can make te whole house you made "Passable" and then I could add a invisible block in the place of the walls and the objects and the carve wholes in those blocks to make doors etc. But I think It would be less work to make the house in WED and texture it there. Could you make the house in WED ? I could do the texturing and the textures for the models?

(By splitting the objects I mean placing all the parts of a model seperately beside each other for texturing)

Look at the player mdl and look at it's texture, you can see there that in the biginning I placed all the parts beside each other, then I textured them, and then I placed them in the right place, after applying the texture you can reshape the parts as you like, but for texturing the have to be placed separetely for the texture to look normal if you won't do that, you will have the texture of the eye on the back of the head etc.

Last edited by Jasiek; 2004-11-20 at 22:20.
Old 2004-11-20, 22:50
Look beyond reality.

Why do they have the 'import from 3DS' - option then? If you have to redo it anyway, they shouldn't have that option I think.

But does the furniture have to be redone too?
Old 2004-11-20, 22:58
Do the evolution.

Twinsun

No, I can do it all I you don't mind. And you know, you can safely import a face from 3DS but the eyes and the hair have to be placed separetly. I thnik that in newer versions it's going to be corrected and you will be able to make whole levels in 3DS. I can also make the house, based on your model if you don't mind , but you can do it to, I would just like to try and place it, I think I'll do it on an empty room, but if you don't want to do the whole house again I can do it, it's no problem ( with your objects )

No, they don't have to be redone, I can split them to the most basic parts in the MED it's all easy and a few seconds, but aferter all, they're yours, so you should be the one doing this
Old 2004-11-21, 08:09
Look beyond reality.

I'm not very professional with GameStudio really, so it would just be stunning if you want to do it for me.

In meantime, this youngman is going to learn proper modelling with gamestudio
Old 2004-11-21, 13:48
Do the evolution.

Twinsun

I've made working sliding doors, activated by the space button I still have some problems with them, but basically they are working quite good.

I've also changed tha camera, it moves smooth now, and you can control the height of it and the distance from twinsen.

Last edited by Jasiek; 2004-11-22 at 12:48.
Old 2004-11-21, 18:00
Look beyond reality.

Huray man!