Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > Fan Creations > Fan Games
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Fan Games A forum for discussion of any demos and fan games being made. Not for discussion of Modifications.

Old 2013-01-08, 03:40
Quetching a Mr.

Twinsun LBA Fan Game: Dino - Flight

I have had this idea for a few days now. It should be done in a few months. I plan on not taking too much time on it. It is planned to be a very small puzzle game. In this game, you will take the role of both Twinsen, and Dino - Fly. You will have to fly to different islands in the game, possibly an open ocean, and maybe walking around on land. The point is to find objects that are needed within a certain time limit, and then make it back to the final destination in order to progress onto the next puzzle. It may sound kind of strange. I plan on making this better than it is already.

I have been working on it for a short time now. I hope all of you will like it, so that is why I plan on releasing it after it is finished. I am only releasing it on the MBN. It is a fan - game, we need to remember that. It won't have too much to it. It is supposed to be a small, simple, addicting, puzzle game. For example: Angry Birds. I will be using a program called, "Game Maker 8.0" which is an easy - to - use interface, and is mostly meant for 2 - D games. It can use forms of 3 - D games, too. It is harder to learn the 3 - D functions, and I don't think I am completely ready for that yet. As of now, I am working with the 2 - D functions.

I have already started working on the Twinsen model for the game. He will be pre - rendered into sprites and put into the game. All of the characters and everything will be pre - rendered sprites, and backgrounds. Twinsen is almost complete, he just needs his head, his feet, and his medallion. Right after I am finished with Twinsen, I plan on creating the model of Dino - Fly for the game. I hope all of you can bare with me on this. I am very certain that this will be created, finished, and released.

The reason why I am certain that this will be finished, is because it may only take literally a few months. This is not part of the topic, but, since I am in school right now, it will take me longer. Little progress will be done over time. On the weekends, I will be able to get more progress done. Also, I am putting my paragraphs into account now. Zeelichian told me, and I agree. It has been hard to read my long, big, paragraphs. I am sorry for that. I will try to do even better in the future.

I may not be the best person in the world. I know that I have problems, and everyone else does to. To be nice, I am making this for me, but also for all of you. I hope you all look forward to this, and I hope this becomes possible. We need to have a finished LBA game. Too many fan games have been cancelled over the years. I am going to take a step up to releasing an actual LBA fan game.

I will be working on this game myself. If anyone does want to help, I will see what it is they want to do. I thank you all for reading this. I will do my best to be a better person in the future. I need to have a little bit of slack. I am a freshman in high school. All of you are 18 and older, and here I am almost 16, and I don't even have a driving permit yet. I bet a lot of you think I might not be a good person. I will try my best, and I hope all of you do to.

Thank you, for reading this.
I look forward to your comments.
Old 2013-01-09, 03:01
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrQuetch View Post
I will do my best to be a better person in the future. I need to have a little bit of slack. I am a freshman in high school. All of you are 18 and older, and here I am almost 16, and I don't even have a driving permit yet. I bet a lot of you think I might not be a good person. I will try my best, and I hope all of you do to.
See, this is what I was afraid of. Mr. Quetch, please don't listen to the others around here. Right or wrong, it's quite admirable that you believe enough in your convictions to share them here. I applaud you for your desire to achieve personal growth and I think we all can say that we were 16 years old at one point, as well. So don't worry about it.
Old 2013-01-09, 21:09
Polly parrot

I'm curious how that game will turn out...

As the others said, as long as you don't hurt anyone physically or psychologically, you can't be a very bad person

Btw, are you done editing the video about Twinsen dying at the end of the game ?
Old 2013-01-10, 07:01
Quetching a Mr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polaris View Post
I'm curious how that game will turn out...

As the others said, as long as you don't hurt anyone physically or psychologically, you can't be a very bad person

Btw, are you done editing the video about Twinsen dying at the end of the game ?
I am curious myself also. It literally started not that long ago, so I need to think about how I am going to put it all together. Thanks for making me feel better about other people. Unfortunately, on the account of that video, no. I haven't worked on it for a few days. My time seems so narrowed down nowadays, I don't get to do too much of what I want...
Old 2013-01-10, 07:06
Quetching a Mr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-J View Post
See, this is what I was afraid of. Mr. Quetch, please don't listen to the others around here. Right or wrong, it's quite admirable that you believe enough in your convictions to share them here. I applaud you for your desire to achieve personal growth and I think we all can say that we were 16 years old at one point, as well. So don't worry about it.
Thanks. This makes me feel better. You're right, I need to stick to who I am. I also very much agree that everyone will be or has been 16 at one point in their lives. I am certain all of you have passed that point. Thanks for admiring these convictions. I thought it would help me out if I shared them. Thanks a lot. I will try even better.
Old 2013-01-29, 14:09
Magic Level: Yellow Ball

Cool!
Pretty cool indeed! keep us posted!
Old 2013-01-29, 15:45
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
Cool, cant wait to see it
Old 2013-01-29, 22:28
Previously Link

Good luck on that project of yours! Looking forward to playing it.
Old 2013-02-11, 00:17
the legend

I am 23 and still didn't bother learning how to drive. Oh well.

Polaris: "And what is a guitar doing in the middle of an asteroïd anyway?"
sgk: Think of it this way: it's like a message in a bottle. In our world, we put a message inside a bottle to protect it while it travels through the oceans to reach some other island. In other worlds, they put a message inside an asteroid to protect it while it travels through space to reach some other planet. In this case it is a gift, a guitar, rather than just a message.
Old 2013-02-11, 00:56
Polly parrot

Why so ?
I don't have one either, but it's purely because of my lazyness
Old 2013-02-11, 00:56
the legend

Same here. For some reason the whole thing scares me.

Traffic, dealing with unexpected situations, finding routes, taking highways and the whole responsability involved in owning a car (maintenance and repair, having papers in order, bills, insurance, and other bureaucratic shit).

I'd rather use my bicycle whenever possible, and public transport/ride with someone else driving in all other situations.

sgk: Think of it this way: it's like a message in a bottle. In our world, we put a message inside a bottle to protect it while it travels through the oceans to reach some other island. In other worlds, they put a message inside an asteroid to protect it while it travels through space to reach some other planet. In this case it is a gift, a guitar, rather than just a message.
Old 2013-02-11, 01:02
Polly parrot

Hehe 21.

But you know, knowing how to drive doesn't necesseraly means you must get a car. I'll do it to drive my parent's car when we go on holiday

Plus even if you don't plan to drive, you can't know what the future hoolds for you, maybe one day it will come in handy, but that day, you won't have the time anymore
Old 2013-02-11, 01:29
Previously Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polaris View Post
But you know, knowing how to drive doesn't necessarily means you must get a car. I'll do it to drive my parent's car when we go on holiday
Pretty much my case, I started learning at 16, passed the exams the day of my 18's, but never drove much after that. I don't own a car, and don't want to.
Old 2013-02-11, 18:45
Quetching a Mr.

Here is a small update. Not too long ago, I posted the model of Twinsen in the, "Fan Creations General" section. Check that thread out to see the model of Twinsen. He only needs a few more changes, and then he is ready to go!
Old 2013-04-11, 19:33
the legend

WTF : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tm2xgHeULSc

Seriously.

Old 2013-04-11, 20:52
Polly parrot

Wut ?

Also, why in this thread ?
Old 2013-04-11, 21:06
the legend

Because we were talking about driving and age of driving, this is totally related.

Old 2013-04-11, 21:24
Polly parrot

Were we ? *checks* Right, we were
Old 2013-04-11, 21:56
the legend

So, isn't the video perplexing !?
Old 2013-04-11, 23:32
Polly parrot

Indeed...
Old 2014-10-11, 10:24
Banned

Exclamation