Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > First aid
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

First aid The forum for getting help to run or complete the LBA games. Note: could contain spoilers.

Old 2013-05-25, 14:41
Welcome to Zirla!

Send a message via ICQ to Battler Send a message via AIM to Battler Send a message via MSN to Battler Send a message via Yahoo to Battler
Well, I agree with J McKalling's proposal to use the saved game editor. That way we can also test the hypothesis quickly rather than go through entire half-replays of the game.
Old 2013-05-25, 18:08
New efforts! :)

Yeah, but people that get the bug don't edit their savegames to the end of the game. It's more natural this way. Although it would be good to do that too, I also thought of using the editor.

Take a look at the blog!

LBA:LID Demo v1.0 HERE
Report bugs here! Thanks Alexfont!
----------------------------------------
Take a look at Vindish's mod!
Old 2013-05-25, 19:23
Magic Level: Fire Ball

I don't really like the idea of using the savegame editor, because it creates "invalid" savegames. With "invalid", I mean that you'd never be able to create a savegame with exactly those parameters which can be created by the savegame editor by just playing the game. Besides, it's no problem for me to play the game in order to prove the cause of the bug. It's one of my favourite games after all.
Old 2013-05-25, 21:21
Welcome to Zirla!

Send a message via ICQ to Battler Send a message via AIM to Battler Send a message via MSN to Battler Send a message via Yahoo to Battler
What people mean is get to talking to Joe by playing normally, talk to him, save the game, then edit the saved game to change the scene to the Wizards' one, and see what happens.
Old 2013-05-26, 02:00
<3 MP

Couldn't that still possibly alter the outcome of the game somehow cause the savegame editor was maybe created with the buggy/non-buggy disc?
Old 2013-05-26, 02:30
Welcome to Zirla!

First, the bug doesn't affect the saved game file format. The file format is the exact same.
Second, the Saved Game editor can not in any way be affected by the bug because it was not created with any disc, but instead it was created completely separately from the game itself.
Also teleporting with a saved game editor only means changing one single byte that beginning of the saved game file so that it points to a different location. That's it.
Old 2013-05-26, 10:29
Magic Ball GrandMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renesans View Post
I don't really like the idea of using the savegame editor, because it creates "invalid" savegames.
Aye, that is right, under normal circumstances I wouldn't play the game with one myself either. But when we're trying to debug the game, we need absolute results.

Anything you'd normally do between talking to Joe and getting to the statue, could potentially have an effect on whether the bug happens. Remember we would have never thought about Joe there in the first place, were it not for examining the game files. Skipping all of the between though, makes sure it will only be Joe that does or doesn't trigger the bug.

Battler, do you know whether the island with the raised statue is a physical different location as the one with the statue raised? Because I think it's a significant difference to "teleport" to the outside island as opposed to directly inside the statue. The entering of the room is probably a trigger of something too.

Threads: News, Introduction, Discussion, Bugs collection || Content: Characters, Enemies, Items
Words come in all sizes. But even if they fit you,
they might not come at appropriate times.

Good for everyone is finding yourself first,
and then the good in others second.
Old 2013-05-26, 14:01
Welcome to Zirla!

It's the same island, the correct .ILE file is just selected by way of game flags and variables. The same way Citadel Island works too.
But just teleport yourself into the Wizards' scene.
Old 2013-05-26, 16:16
Magic Level: Fire Ball

I think you're right, Battler.

To Jack:
If you just teleport yourself into the statue, the same will happen as if you have entered the statue through the door. It's beacuse when the game opens the modified saved game, the life scripts (and move scripts) of the Wizards' scene will start running and it'll trigger any events that the entry through the door would have triggered. The only thing I know that the Wizards' scene triggers is that you automatically get fire-level magic.
Old 2013-05-26, 22:44
Magic Ball GrandMaster

Well I was referring to the zones really, I'm not sure whether you'll land in one if you teleport in, that you would have passed through had you gone through the door.

I don't have any reason to believe any zone at the entrance of the statue triggers something that you need or don't need, but it's something that should be looked into if anything unexpected occurs.

Threads: News, Introduction, Discussion, Bugs collection || Content: Characters, Enemies, Items
Words come in all sizes. But even if they fit you,
they might not come at appropriate times.

Good for everyone is finding yourself first,
and then the good in others second.
Old 2016-08-29, 17:12
Magic Level: Yellow Ball

I love you guys.

The fact that the problem was originally solved, yet you still tirelessly decided to search for bugs as to why it even happened in the first place...that's admirable.

Hope everyone is doing well! It has been years since I've visited this board.