Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > The site and forum
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The site and forum Place your comments about the Magic Ball Network here. Talk here about the Magicball Network and the forum.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #26  
Old 2013-04-26, 23:43
Kobold's Avatar
Kobold Kobold is offline
Magic Ball Master
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Germany
Posts: 7,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasia View Post
Is there really nobody who wants to try "ignoring strategy" towards A_LIPSTICK?
It'd be such a nice experiment, and so refreshing for the forums...
Sorry?

Click image for larger version

Name:	A_LIPSTICK.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	59.3 KB
ID:	9576
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 2013-04-26, 23:45
SpaceGuitarist's Avatar
SpaceGuitarist SpaceGuitarist is offline
the legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Brasil
Posts: 7,058
Damnit, why is it nobody ever told me about this Ignore List thingy!?? SO USEFUL.
__________________

Polaris: "And what is a guitar doing in the middle of an asteroïd anyway?"
sgk: Think of it this way: it's like a message in a bottle. In our world, we put a message inside a bottle to protect it while it travels through the oceans to reach some other island. In other worlds, they put a message inside an asteroid to protect it while it travels through space to reach some other planet. In this case it is a gift, a guitar, rather than just a message.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 2013-04-26, 23:46
Kasia's Avatar
Kasia Kasia is offline
~
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 591
I love you.
I'll do the same.
But it may bring some positive changes to the forums, only if more people will start to ignore her and Anakin. Especially those who generally tend to get involved in conflicts with the two infamous trolls and therefore continue the paranoia of this forum. Amen.

EDIT: Done! AMESOME!!!
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 2013-04-26, 23:47
Reek's Avatar
Reek Reek is offline
Party animal
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: israel
Posts: 9,487
Send a message via ICQ to Reek Send a message via MSN to Reek
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasia View Post
Is there really nobody who wants to try "ignoring strategy" towards A_LIPSTICK?
It'd be such a nice experiment, and so refreshing for the forums...
is there a reason you're going on and on like a broken record about this "ignoring alipstick" thing? she's allowed to express her opinion just as much as you are. she's not trolling in this thread, she believes what she's saying, and i happen to agree with her.

everyone's talking about how offensive elliptic is, at least she's not trying to organize some forum-wide boycott on a member. why is it so important for you to get people to ignore her? you're just as bad as we are. worse in fact, because you make things personal.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceGuitarist
there's no room for subtleties, which are so important in personalities such as mine.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 2013-04-26, 23:57
Neko's Avatar
Neko Neko is offline
Neko
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Posts: 8,569
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anakin View Post
is there a reason you're going on and on like a broken record about this "ignoring alipstick" thing? she's allowed to express her opinion just as much as you are. she's not trolling in this thread, she believes what she's saying, and i happen to agree with her.

everyone's talking about how offensive elliptic is, at least she's not trying to organize some forum-wide boycott on a member. why is it so important for you to get people to ignore her? you're just as bad as we are. worse in fact, because you make things personal.
I think some of this stuff is really out of proportion. But if you have such problems with other members, the ignore list is a good idea.
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 2013-04-27, 00:02
SpaceGuitarist's Avatar
SpaceGuitarist SpaceGuitarist is offline
the legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Brasil
Posts: 7,058
Anakin, if she seriously ever wanted to be heard she'd first have to have the tiniest bit of respect towards other people. Just sayin'.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 2013-04-27, 00:02
Lupin's Avatar
Lupin Lupin is offline
Previously Link
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Paris
Posts: 2,762
Btw, why has Twinsan been banned?
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 2013-04-27, 00:03
Kasia's Avatar
Kasia Kasia is offline
~
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 591
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
I think some of this stuff is really out of proportion. But if you have such problems with other members, the ignore list is a good idea.
Can you please AVOID QUOTING them, cause it sort of ruins the "ignored member" effect.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 2013-04-27, 00:04
Kasia's Avatar
Kasia Kasia is offline
~
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 591
Quote:
Originally Posted by link View Post
btw, why has twinsan been banned?
Oh WHAT?
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 2013-04-27, 00:04
Battler's Avatar
Battler Battler is offline
Welcome to Zirla!
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Koper, Slovenia
Posts: 5,318
Send a message via ICQ to Battler Send a message via AIM to Battler Send a message via MSN to Battler Send a message via Yahoo to Battler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasia View Post
Can you please AVOID QUOTING them, cause it sort of ruins the "ignored member" effect.
Agreed. Ignoring by means of ignore list is rendered null and void the second someone quotes a post by an ignored member.
__________________
Join #doki-doki on irc.ringoflightning.net for some nice chit-chat about anime, manga, and other aspects of Japanese culture now!
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 2013-04-27, 00:06
Kasia's Avatar
Kasia Kasia is offline
~
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 591
Quote:
Originally Posted by Battler View Post
Agreed. Ignoring by means of ignore list is rendered null and void the second someone quotes a post by an ignored member.
Yes.
However, we are adult people are we REALLY should be able to manage to ignore them, even if we see their posts.
Still, if anyone wants to join, you're more than welcome!
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 2013-04-27, 00:08
SpaceGuitarist's Avatar
SpaceGuitarist SpaceGuitarist is offline
the legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Brasil
Posts: 7,058
Oh c'mon, if you don't want to read just don't read, simple.


I didn't know Twinsan what banned - wtf!?
__________________

Polaris: "And what is a guitar doing in the middle of an asteroïd anyway?"
sgk: Think of it this way: it's like a message in a bottle. In our world, we put a message inside a bottle to protect it while it travels through the oceans to reach some other island. In other worlds, they put a message inside an asteroid to protect it while it travels through space to reach some other planet. In this case it is a gift, a guitar, rather than just a message.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 2013-04-27, 00:09
Neko's Avatar
Neko Neko is offline
Neko
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Posts: 8,569
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasia View Post
Yes.
However, we are adult people are we REALLY should be able to manage to ignore them, even if we see their posts.
Still, if anyone wants to join, you're more than welcome!
calling up people to ignore a certain member is rather offensive too.
It's good to point out you can, but this is just as much 'a campaign' as people complain about. We know you can filter, good, now drop it.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 2013-04-27, 00:11
Kasia's Avatar
Kasia Kasia is offline
~
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 591
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceGuitarist View Post
Oh c'mon, if you don't want to read just don't read, simple.
Yes, but some people seem to feel forced to respond to personal attacks. What I want to achieve is having members who repeatedly offend other people not getting any responces.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 2013-04-27, 00:14
Kasia's Avatar
Kasia Kasia is offline
~
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 591
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
calling up people to ignore a certain member is rather offensive too.
It's good to point out you can, but this is just as much 'a campaign' as people complain about. We know you can filter, good, now drop it.
OK, I know you like the paranoia.
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 2013-04-27, 01:03
SpaceGuitarist's Avatar
SpaceGuitarist SpaceGuitarist is offline
the legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Brasil
Posts: 7,058
Regarding Twinsan, this is the reason:

Quote:
You have been temporarily banned for 7 days, due to your highly aggressive private message to Pimmin. This kind of behaviour is not tolerated under any circumstances. Your ban will expire in exactly 7 days
__________________

Polaris: "And what is a guitar doing in the middle of an asteroïd anyway?"
sgk: Think of it this way: it's like a message in a bottle. In our world, we put a message inside a bottle to protect it while it travels through the oceans to reach some other island. In other worlds, they put a message inside an asteroid to protect it while it travels through space to reach some other planet. In this case it is a gift, a guitar, rather than just a message.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 2013-04-27, 01:08
Kasia's Avatar
Kasia Kasia is offline
~
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 591
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceGuitarist View Post
Regarding Twinsan, this is the reason:
I've already asked the mods about it, and Jesse answered (in the "Dear moderators" subforum).
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 2013-04-27, 01:25
Neko's Avatar
Neko Neko is offline
Neko
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Posts: 8,569
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasia View Post
OK, I know you like the paranoia.
What paranoia are you talking about?
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 2013-04-27, 01:29
Kasia's Avatar
Kasia Kasia is offline
~
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 591
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
What paranoia are you talking about?
The sick situation of this forum generated by A_LIPSTICK, Anakin & co.
If you can't understand why it's paranoidal, then I can't help you.

Edit: Hypocrisy! I forgot to mention hypocrisy! And manipulation!
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 2013-04-27, 01:42
Reek's Avatar
Reek Reek is offline
Party animal
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: israel
Posts: 9,487
Send a message via ICQ to Reek Send a message via MSN to Reek
umm, can someone who's not joining in in this whole ignoring thing please explain to me what kasia is talking about?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceGuitarist
there's no room for subtleties, which are so important in personalities such as mine.
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 2013-04-27, 01:45
Streg's Avatar
Streg Streg is offline
Or Emi (was StreGGy)
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Naples, Italy (Citadel Island)
Posts: 5,430
Send a message via MSN to Streg
even if sometimes I'm very pissed off by what you write, I'd never add you guys to my ignore list. I secretely wait for another series of posts like the ones we can see in the middle of this page. Should I be unable to witness something like that, I'd never forgive myself.
http://forum.magicball.net/showthrea...t=15553&page=7
peace&love
__________________
YouTube channel:
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 2013-04-27, 01:47
A_LIPSTICK's Avatar
A_LIPSTICK A_LIPSTICK is offline
ffffff
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 2,088
i think that was our magnum opus
__________________
[21:53] <OBattler> i just don´t believe in behaving like either an animal
[21:53] <OBattler> or like adolf hitler

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreGGy View Post
Opinions are like testicles, everyone has theirs - Those are my opinions and I have no fear to show them to you.
Quote:
but that's what it is, the troll is a rapist
a soul rapist

- Link, 2013
*~ Anakin ~ Mia ~ Rex_Hollywood ~ Jesse ~ Jasiek ~ Kitarii ~ Twinsan ~ BFFs 4 lYfE ~*
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 2013-04-27, 01:50
Reek's Avatar
Reek Reek is offline
Party animal
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: israel
Posts: 9,487
Send a message via ICQ to Reek Send a message via MSN to Reek
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreGGy View Post
even if sometimes I'm very pissed off by what you write, I'd never add you guys to my ignore list. I secretely wait for another series of posts like the ones we can see in the middle of this page. Should I be unable to witness something like that, I'd never forgive myself.
http://forum.magicball.net/showthrea...t=15553&page=7
peace&love
holy shit that was hilarious.

nice to see SOMEONE appreciates our work
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceGuitarist
there's no room for subtleties, which are so important in personalities such as mine.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 2013-04-27, 02:03
SpaceGuitarist's Avatar
SpaceGuitarist SpaceGuitarist is offline
the legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Brasil
Posts: 7,058
Someone should close this shit already.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 2013-04-27, 11:32
A_LIPSTICK's Avatar
A_LIPSTICK A_LIPSTICK is offline
ffffff
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 2,088
sgk i didn't realise you were a mod

i hope you never are i mean i heard sexual harassment isn't exactly a good trait in someone in a position of power
__________________
[21:53] <OBattler> i just don´t believe in behaving like either an animal
[21:53] <OBattler> or like adolf hitler

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreGGy View Post
Opinions are like testicles, everyone has theirs - Those are my opinions and I have no fear to show them to you.
Quote:
but that's what it is, the troll is a rapist
a soul rapist

- Link, 2013
*~ Anakin ~ Mia ~ Rex_Hollywood ~ Jesse ~ Jasiek ~ Kitarii ~ Twinsan ~ BFFs 4 lYfE ~*
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Forum Rules & Guidelines - Read before you post Kitarii The site and forum 0 2013-04-23 22:22
'New' rules regarding agression - discussion Bomba! The site and forum 121 2005-08-24 01:16
Forum rules revision... Battler Dear moderators 84 2005-06-19 01:46
About the Forum's rules {}ghost{} Off topic 21 2001-02-04 21:22


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 08:22.




News Feed
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, the Magicball Network