Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > Administration > Graveyard > LbaX
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

LbaX LbaX is an unofficial non profit sequel of Little Big Adventure 1 and 2 (homepage)

Old 2007-07-14, 21:57
Twinsunian Quetch

Send a message via MSN to Quetch Send a message via Yahoo to Quetch
well u can't program a game like Warcraft in Java
"Because we don't know when we will die, we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well, yet everything happens only a certain number of times, and a very small number, really. How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood, some afternoon that's so deeply a part of your being that you can't even conceive of your life without it? Perhaps four or five times more, perhaps not even that. How many more times will you watch the full moon rise? Perhaps twenty. And yet it all seems limitless." --- Paul Bowles
Old 2007-07-15, 11:44
Returning after 5 years!

ORLY?

Some guy managed to remake Warcraft 2 In Flash.

Another guy made a small adventure game in flash using 3d monsters and scenery from WoW(Although they're sprited. :P)
Old 2007-07-15, 12:47
Twinsunian Quetch

see java has yet to develop its 3d capabilities
"Because we don't know when we will die, we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well, yet everything happens only a certain number of times, and a very small number, really. How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood, some afternoon that's so deeply a part of your being that you can't even conceive of your life without it? Perhaps four or five times more, perhaps not even that. How many more times will you watch the full moon rise? Perhaps twenty. And yet it all seems limitless." --- Paul Bowles
Old 2007-07-17, 15:47
Magic Ball Master

I wish this project was back, I was really excited about it. Without my initial interest here, I probably wouldn't have gotten into the Prequel...
Old 2007-07-17, 15:52
Or Emi (was StreGGy)

Send a message via MSN to Streg
yeah lbax surely was the most promising one back then
Old 2007-07-17, 16:08
Magic Ball Master

Yeah it's really a shame that so many Fan-Porjekts are lost or given up.
Old 2007-07-17, 22:24
Twinsunian Quetch

I know if only we would have had ONE SINGLE programming language, and not so many ... we would have been able to work together and finish a project in the end but Horadrim knows Delphi, I know DarkBasic, Obrasilo knows VisualBasic, and so on ...
Old 2007-07-18, 00:01
Magic Ball Master

Yeah and most of us i think can't even program on 1 of these languages
Old 2007-07-18, 00:26
Magic Ball Master

Send a message via MSN to LBAWinOwns
I think Obrasilo know C++ and Pascal, Alexfont most likely knows Pascal, Zink I definitely assume knows C++.

There are some who only know one however, I only know Pascal.

What is most important is how much experienced a programmer is. If I were experienced it would take like 15 mins instead of more than a whole day to make a fully working project system for my image creator .

Also, when it comes to projects that are non-profit ones, like fan projects, the programmer must be motivated and have much spare time.

LBA Image Creator project
(image by leoboe! )

Get the Jump-Save-Bug graphically explained here
Old 2007-07-18, 01:43
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
motivated and have much spare time.
Which is the most difficult part for all the others
To motivate the Programmer
Old 2007-07-18, 02:34
Welcome to Zirla!

Send a message via ICQ to Battler Send a message via AIM to Battler Send a message via MSN to Battler Send a message via Yahoo to Battler
- LBAWinOwns: I know VB 6, Pascal/Delphi, C/C++ (learned most of C/C++ in this last year ), Java (thanks to the University ), and Intel Assembly, Zink knows Pascal/Delphi, and alexfont mainly knows C/C++.
Well, and then we have LBAWinOwns at Pascal/Delphi, Quetch at both Pascal/Delphi and Dark Basic, and yaz0r at C/C++ as well.
Old 2007-07-18, 18:39
Twinsunian Quetch

hmm we must choose one who suits us ALL
Old 2007-07-18, 20:37
Magic Ball Master

No. Why must we do so?

(image by leoboe! )

Old 2007-07-18, 21:01
Twinsunian Quetch

... in order to work together on a project ...
Old 2007-07-19, 00:58
Or Emi (was StreGGy)

Thats gonna be too messy
Old 2007-07-19, 08:39
Twinsunian Quetch

yeah but finished ... also, which is the easiest for 3d ??? Delphi or VisualBasic ... I mean which one of them has the simplest way of calling ( loading ) objects ???
Old 2007-07-19, 13:04
Magic Ball Master

I never heard of Visual Basic supporting 3D. Visual Basic is for GUIs.
Old 2007-07-19, 14:02
Boobs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobold View Post
Visual Basic is for GUIs.
Shitty GUIs at that!
Old 2007-07-19, 22:56
Twinsunian Quetch

oh ... well then any good suggestions on a 3D engine ??? not a 3d supporting language ... there's a difference ... I want an engine made SPECIFICALLY for 3d games
Old 2007-07-20, 00:08
Welcome to Zirla!

Send a message via ICQ to Battler Send a message via AIM to Battler Send a message via MSN to Battler Send a message via Yahoo to Battler
Quote:
Originally Posted by SebZ
Shitty GUIs at that!
In what way are the VB-designed GUI's shitty? Actually, in what way do they differ from GUI's, designed in other programming language, at all?
Old 2007-07-20, 00:33
Boobs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBrasilo View Post
In what way are the VB-designed GUI's shitty? Actually, in what way do they differ from GUI's, designed in other programming language, at all?
I dunno. Just some mates and I used to program in VB6 and we hated it!
Then we started learning some C++. That's when I left the group in order to get a GF and a life!
Old 2007-07-20, 01:10
Or Emi (was StreGGy)

after 3 years of programming with vb6, i decided to have my bro to teach me c/c++ (he got 32/30 at uni) cos vb6 cant do a lot of things, or just doesnt support pngs, changes lines colours at random when a image changes top and left and such.
Old 2007-07-20, 01:15
Magic Ball Master

May I ask, who is the news poster in the LBAX site?

(image by leoboe! )

Old 2007-07-20, 09:09
Free-lance designer

Send a message via ICQ to Horadrim
It`s mad_aeon. The domain is his property. But anyway, these news are pretty old. Even if he had changed the date of the post, I already knew about this last message. He wrote it the last time he contacted me. After this, everything is in the mists now.
Old 2007-07-20, 10:06
Twinsunian Quetch

damn Horadrim, I understand u don't want to release any more demos but do you at least have any screenshots left ??? I'd REALLY want to see the way LBAx looked like I feel so sorry I never got to play it