Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > Administration > Graveyard > LbaX
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

LbaX LbaX is an unofficial non profit sequel of Little Big Adventure 1 and 2 (homepage)

Old 2005-01-10, 10:18
Look beyond reality.

I downloaded the files.
Now I see the whole 'ctrl'-screen, not just parts of it. I also came perfectly through the start-screen, with the settings-panel.
Then I saw the twinsen-on-metal-plate screen. 5 seconds later it was totaly black, and only a white or pink small cube in the upperleft.

As said, I can see the panels when pushing ctrl or shift.
Old 2005-01-10, 16:55
Magic Level: Fire Ball

Since many of you reported that they can see the "intro" screen (That one with twinsen, the sun glowing and the buttons Play,Install,...) it seems that the problem is somewhere after the loading screen then.
At least now everybody can see the intro screen? With Twisnen moving and the sun glowing too?

LbaX Official Home page Last update... too long time ago^^
Old 2005-01-10, 16:58

The LbaX site has been totally redesigned today!
(I finally spent a couple of hours reading some help files about html )

Old 2005-01-10, 17:35
View paradise and fall...

i get that effect, and it works great! (even if it does take a while to load up)
lol > last post ill check it out now
EDIT:
cool! i really like the site graphics. 2 things however, are that the frame at the side does not display all the options, and there is no scrollbar; could the bottom frame line be not made noresize? also, the screenshots do not display (maybe thats just me). i really like the effects though

So what if I have to have control over every situation? It's only because you would screw it up.
Two carefully balenced hypocrits could make a perfect world. All I need is another hypocrit now...
Old 2005-01-11, 21:50
What is this place?

Send a message via ICQ to Atresica Send a message via AIM to Atresica Send a message via MSN to Atresica
Ahh mousehover effects, I like them
Old 2005-01-12, 01:56
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
Game works fine for me
STUNNING WORK!

Title Screen ~ Cool, ran fine with everything set to max. Usefull for testing game proformance too.
Your using GLscenes partical effects? Very nice.

It does seem to "leak" onto the background sometimes though. (turning it off and you still see the glow pasted to the background).
Also the drawing order seems wrong I think, as you can sometimes see the stars/backdrop withen twinsen when on high quality mode.
Oh, also the solar atmosphere is done using a tga file right? why not try setting the transprance settings to Addative mode...should look quite cool with a sun...also it will look better with twinsen behind.

Anyway, aside from small glitchs Only real thing makeing it look less then professional is the bitmaps for the buttons arnt quite the same colour as the background so you see the square around the ovals.
(At least on my LCD you can see it).

Game ~ Wow. Great models, the 3D view of insometrix looks spot-on. Just a few texture seems thats the only difference...yet we can rotate it!
Brillent.

Minor problems:

Twinsen is going mental as a type. (its detecting keypress's even with another program active). I seem to remember I got this a lot when I did Delphi stuff...I solved it with an auto-pause when the app isnt active.

In the inventory, the discription dosnt fit in the box. (1280*1024 screen res, if that makes a difference)

Portsman can appear twice if you press the button by the door.

Credits are slightly jurky compared with the smoothness of the game.
And it seems to freeze when Yazors name reachs the top

Major problems:

Collision detection is the main in-game thing makeing it not look professional. (especialy walking up and down stairs)

When in sporty mode you can ran out the door and sometimes get stuck.

Walking out the door makes you jump upwards onto the black bit! (rotateing the camera clearly should you are level with the top of the house's walls.)

Interesting notes:

I can load a few LBX-X title screens up at once without problems
Sometimes when alt-tabing the charecter dosnt respond, loading the inventory up and down fixs it.

Overall amazing!
I have quite a few ideas/surgestions aside from bug-fixs, but I'll leave them as I am no dought the team is busy
Old 2005-01-12, 17:10
Look beyond reality.

well it really doesn't work here at the moment though
Any new patches? Or updates on the GLScene forum?
Old 2005-01-12, 17:34
Welcome to Zirla!

Send a message via ICQ to Battler Send a message via AIM to Battler Send a message via MSN to Battler Send a message via Yahoo to Battler
Quote:
Originally Posted by mad_aeon
Since many of you reported that they can see the "intro" screen (That one with twinsen, the sun glowing and the buttons Play,Install,...) it seems that the problem is somewhere after the loading screen then.
At least now everybody can see the intro screen? With Twisnen moving and the sun glowing too?
I see the title screen, and then, when I select Play, I get the fatal exception. I don't see the intro screen you're mentioning.
Old 2005-01-12, 17:51
Look beyond reality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBrasilo
I see the title screen, and then, when I select Play, I get the fatal exception. I don't see the intro screen you're mentioning.
The first screen you should see schould be twinsen and a glowing sun though? What do you mean with 'title screen' then?
Old 2005-01-12, 18:45
View paradise and fall...

thats the one, if its from there he selsects play, which is on the twinsen/sun panel

So what if I have to have control over every situation? It's only because you would screw it up.
Two carefully balenced hypocrits could make a perfect world. All I need is another hypocrit now...
Old 2005-01-13, 06:07
Gobbles the bush turkey

Mad Aeon, About the particle effects, can your engine render things like clouds ingame? I just had some good ideas for parts of desert island for example where you can get to high mountains etc... And there could be faint clouds and mist surrounding mountains at high altitudes. I think this would be good for perhaps another entrance to the temple of bu etc... But i shouldn't go into much detail as this is not the LBAX members thread, and it could use alot of polygons for detail too because when you get up there the clouds will hide the lower ground, so you could set the lower ground on static, or have the top part of the mountain a different model altogether.
And i have allready drawn some concept sketches of desert island, but i will submit them on the LBAX forum in batch instead of one at a time. Ive nearly finished conceptualising all of desert island... (Landforms i mean, not including plot related stuff)
Old 2005-01-14, 11:04

To Darkflame:
i have not already used particles, just an additive motion blur effect for the sun. Your suggestions are really useful, you helped a lot with them.
And if you have more suggestions, you are welcome... Just maybe post them in the developers sub-forum.

To Gobbles:
I think I'll be able to render clouds, I'm trying different ways to do that.

I have just made some updates at the game, fixed the animation loops bug,
and added a few locations more, and many other changes.
An update will be released in a few days, and the next after that will be the FULL CHAPTER 1.

Old 2005-01-14, 16:50
Look beyond reality.

yey
Old 2005-01-20, 18:11
????

Send a message via MSN to Seba
How that lbax patch "project" goes??
Old 2005-01-21, 00:25

The last patch will be available before the end of this week.

Old 2005-01-21, 10:23
Boobs!

Hey poeple, the new lbax "Fan" website was put up today, there maybe a few broken links... that's just the server...

Address is here!

Last edited by SebZ; 2005-01-21 at 10:25. Reason: Forgot to put the address in...
Old 2005-01-21, 12:12
Gobbles the bush turkey

I like the site. I think a black backdrop colour would suite it more. Good work, i was wondering where you went sebz2003. Good to hear from you again.
Old 2005-01-21, 16:23
Magic Ball Master

Send a message via MSN to LBAWinOwns
You should keep ur older website i think. was much cooler somehow

LBA Image Creator project
(image by leoboe! )

Get the Jump-Save-Bug graphically explained here
Old 2005-01-22, 04:08
Boobs!

well, i'm using a program called "Microsoft Frontpage 2003" and it allows me to make frames, and there is also allot more thing you can do with it!

I like it!

Oh and the 5th version might not look like what it will in the final verson!
Old 2005-01-22, 04:24
Gobbles the bush turkey

What happened to that site with the flash stuff and the spiral buttons? I can't remember it too well, but i thought it was a very good website.
Old 2005-01-22, 07:58
Boobs!

It was old!
but i like this one alot!

Mad_aeon?
what do you think?
Old 2005-01-22, 22:09

I liked the older one to be honest.
Why do you like this one more?
That one had some kind of style, this one is just 3 frames and some black text on white background.
If you would have used a pre-made template from Frontapge or Macromedia you would have achieved a better result.
Please write somewhere that for the moment it is not the official website BTW.
PS sorry

Old 2005-01-23, 02:50
Boobs!

naa that's cool, but my mum bought me Macromedia Flash MX 2003 just the other day, and alot of other Macromedia stuff as well... and i was thinking uploading a flash version (Pure Flash), and seeing if you could send me some pictures of the later LbaX to go into the Screenshots section!
and if the person doesnt have flash it'll go into (text version 'html') v.5 of the website!
and if i could have a photo of all the people contributing to lbax (or "was" eg bot, darkflame etc) that would be great.

thanX

Last edited by SebZ; 2005-01-23 at 02:55. Reason: he... he, TypeOs!
Old 2005-01-23, 03:07
Gobbles the bush turkey

Macromedia flash is the best app for web design.
But try not to put any annoying flash pop-up's and music, some people find them really annoying. Or atleast have an option for the viewer to turn it off for themselves.

I recommend sounds from LBA2 for buttons and stuff, but they souldn't be high pitch sounds, i am making a personal computer game, and before on the menu i always had a sound of a bullet hitting a tin every time you select a button, and it became very unpleasant for the users ears when it is repeated alot.
Screenshots are a must. Every time i go on Mad Aeons site they are always broken links. Maybe a collaige for the boarder would be nice? Anyway desighn it how you want, it's your site after all.
Old 2005-01-23, 10:07
Boobs!

[offtopic]
Gobbles your from australia? where?
[/offtopic]

That is true, but if it's good enough mad_aeon said
Quote:
Originally Posted by mad_aeon Email
So for the moment it will be like a "fan page", but it can become the official it will become very good
thanks for the tip about no sound and the images! (I did something like that once. except it looped! by acident but i had allready posted it on the net! lol)