Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > Administration > Graveyard > LbaX
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

LbaX LbaX is an unofficial non profit sequel of Little Big Adventure 1 and 2 (homepage)

Old 2005-02-17, 20:58
Magic Ball Master

Here's another sample with the text Aeon suggest.
Attached Files
File Type: zip injuredDino.zip‎ (40.1 KB, 274 views)

TwinEngine v0.2.1 win32 beta released - open source re-implementation of the LBA 1 original engine.
[Discuss]|[Download]|[Changes]|[SourceCode]|[Issues]

The Sacred Carrot website
Old 2005-02-18, 01:11
Boobs!

would i be able to help with the musics? seeing as i'm doing the RMP musics i'm realy in the mood!
Old 2005-02-18, 06:59
Gobbles the bush turkey

Hmmm... It doesn't sound like Twinsen. There has to be someone that can mimic his voice. What about rmp? There seems to be many people willing to be a voice actor for Twinsen for that project. Otherwise if it doesn't sound like Twinsen, then i think there shouldn't be any voices at all. Is there a way produce different dialogue by cutting different words from quotes from LBA1 or 2 and peicing them back together to make new sentances?
Old 2005-02-18, 17:04
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
Like in that thunderbirds eppisode? (amongst others )
Unfortunately not, voices just sound off when choped together.
Human speach varies so much in tone and pace.

It would be good if there was a common voice actor for the RMP and LBAX...
At the RMP our plan was for loads of submitions and then a "Blind vote".

The RMP is in hibition till the main people are out of the busy phase's of university though
Old 2005-03-05, 06:59
Boobs!

So.. ah.. Hows the progress?

New demo comming soon?

Mad_aeon, i'm designing a flash webpage, anycoments to go in the opening scene?
Old 2005-03-05, 07:08
Boobs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Follis
Sorry for Double posting!

It actuly sounds like twinsen!!! Serious!
were the other 2 acutal people cos the first "Friend" sounded drunk!
they sounded like you!
Old 2005-03-05, 18:01
Magic Ball Master

For voices, you could always check the RMP, all my samples are on there as well as others which are pretty good too.
Old 2005-06-11, 05:50
Magic Ball Master

Since I am double-posting, should I make a new demo and upload it tomorrow? I dunno if you guys still need voices...? Maybe I'll do that anyways, unless Firephoenix has my existing demos lying about someplace?
Old 2005-06-11, 09:32
Free-lance designer

Send a message via ICQ to Horadrim
Ofcourse you can make some samples ^_^.We haven`t found the perfect person yet,so everybody-feel free to post your samples!
Old 2005-06-12, 02:54
Magic Ball Master

Okay, I'll get to work on that pronto. What script sample would you like used? I know the RMP has specific text to say for auditions, is there something along those lines for LBA X?
Old 2005-06-12, 08:34
Free-lance designer

I think mad_aeon suggested the "Could you help me treat my injured dino fly?" sentence.I think that it would be good if you make a sample of this text and an another one of your choise,of which you think that you sound more closely to Twinsen`s voice.
Old 2005-06-14, 03:15
Magic Ball Master

These are just a couple. I did them in different styles, just as a demo. I can do more if you wish. I'd also like to try Funfrock and others, if you wouldn't mind - maybe you can provide more sample text from the in-game transcript?

Let me know what you think.

BTW - created using Adobe Audition 1.5, batch processed from .wav to .mp3 using Audition as well.
Old 2005-06-14, 03:23
Magic Ball Master

Oops, forgot the attachment.

Hmm, it won't upload, so I put it on my FTP.

Double-J_Twinsen Audition #1
Old 2005-06-14, 10:58
Boobs!

Dude! AWSUM!!! Hi 5 Man! *Gives DJ a "High 5"*
Old 2005-06-14, 11:18
Magic Ball Master

I think I found the first voice to put on LBA prequel

Really great indeed.
And yeah Adobe Audition is great. Is the one I use to record my musics

TwinEngine v0.2.1 win32 beta released - open source re-implementation of the LBA 1 original engine.

Old 2005-06-14, 12:51
Free-lance designer

These samples are perfect imo.The only thing that it`s needed from you is to add more passion/expression,when articulate the script,but this is not hard thing to do
Since mad_aeon is working over the dialogues,he probably will give you some script.
Old 2005-06-14, 15:14
Magic Ball Master

Yes, if you tell me what you need for each scene or whatever I can give it the proper feeling or mood. I didn't know exactly what we were looking for for the demos, so I just did it in a bland style. With the proper direction for each scene, it will have the correct attitude and whatnot.

I'd like to try other voices as well, such as Funfrock, Baldino, etc. If you guys have a working script, please let me know, so I could do some more demo cuts. Also, is mp3 format okay? I didn't know if you wanted .wav or .mp3 or whatever, but mp3 uploads the fastest for me, and takes the least beating when I batch process it as far as quality wise, it's almost lossless.

Thanks for you complements! Let me know what I should do for the other demos.
Old 2005-06-14, 19:18
Magic Ball Master

These are demos I did this morning. Baldino I wasn't sure if you wanted the Frenchy one from LBA 1 or the kooky voice from LBA 2 (which I prefer). I posted the French-accented one here, dunno how good it is. I've also added a few different Funfrocks, the first in a Willem Dafoe style, another more game-like, one with some nice vocal filters, and one where I did sort of a Star Wars imperial officer interpretation. I also added a Soldier demo, just to see if I could get the robotic voice somewhat right. Let me know what you think.

Baldino Demo #1
Funfrock #1
Funfrock #2
Funfrock No Filter
Funfrock #3
Soldier Demo #1
Old 2005-06-14, 20:39
Free-lance designer

These are very good samples.This time you added some passion,which sensetively made the samples more expressive.
I have an idea for the script.After aech sentence there will be a descrition of the wanted expression of the voice.I think that this method is used in the movie and theatre scripts.
About the script itself:since I`m helping only with ideas for the basis story,I didn`t made any dialogs (yet :P).Mad_aeon is the one who makes them.
BTW all of your samples are very good,which makes me think that your voice is fitful ont only for Twinsen
Old 2005-06-14, 20:45
Magic Ball Master

Thank you! Yes, I PM'ed mad_aeon this morning, but I haven't heard anything back. I'm really excited about this project, especially since my Univ. duties are coming to an end for the summer, I can really put some time and effort into it. I'd like to help out with the script writing, unless you guys have already gotten that taken care of. At the very least, like you said, we could turn it into a "screenplay" so that the voice actors have different cues as to how to deliver the lines and such.

My only other quick question - LBA X is not the same as Alexfont's LBA Prequel, correct? Or is this kind of a joint effort? I'd like to work for both projects, if that's possible too.

Sorry for my posting, it's been a long time (probably since the start of the RMP) when I've been this excited about a group project, and this one seems like it's very feasible. I'm downloading the demo tonight, and I can't wait to see how it looks.
Old 2005-06-14, 20:52
Magic Ball Master

Yeah the auditions are great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-J
My only other quick question - LBA X is not the same as Alexfont's LBA Prequel, correct? Or is this kind of a joint effort? I'd like to work for both projects, if that's possible too.
Check the thread for some explanation.
Yes it was intended to be an effort
Working on both projects just depend of your free time.

Old 2005-06-14, 22:40
Magic Ball Master

Okay. Any other auditions you guys want at this time? I'm ready to do just about anything at this point except 3d modeling or code editing and whatnot, since I have no skill in that area. However, anything else, I'm there.
Old 2005-06-15, 09:02
Free-lance designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-J
LBAx is a sequel,which`s time takes place around 10 years after the adventure Twinsen made in LBA2 .
As Alexfont said the work over two projects is depending of your free time.The only thing that we require is serious people .
About the PM you sent to mad_aeon.Since he`s very busy man,I suppose that it will take some time until he replies to your message,but he`ll certainly answer you,I`m sure in this.
Old 2005-06-15, 21:16
the legend

i have no chance for any other random characther.. *coughs* such as a *coughs* rabbibunny... er.. with some kind of *coughs* guitar or soemthing.. right?

Polaris: "And what is a guitar doing in the middle of an asteroïd anyway?"
sgk: Think of it this way: it's like a message in a bottle. In our world, we put a message inside a bottle to protect it while it travels through the oceans to reach some other island. In other worlds, they put a message inside an asteroid to protect it while it travels through space to reach some other planet. In this case it is a gift, a guitar, rather than just a message.
Old 2005-06-16, 15:17
Magic Ball Master

How big is that .wav? I only ask because I have dialup, and if it's massive, it might take a couple of hours