Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > General

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

General The general chatting goes on in here. That means talk about the LBA games and its world.

Old 2005-12-15, 17:28
Magic Level: Yellow Ball

Twinsen Relentless 1994 release.

I am not asking anyone to just make a copy and give it to me. I am asking if someone could directly show me some where I can obtain it or let me PURCHASE their copy. I have been searching for months for this game and cannot find it. All I can find is the newer Twinsen/Twinsun games which I am not interested in. I am only interested in the orignal 1994 release which is no longer sold in stores produced or available anywhere that I can see. No need to close my topic I am just looking for a copy of a rare game that I cannot find. Thanks everyone if you are able to help. Post me a reply if you have some input better than Ebay.com because ebay does not have it that I can see. Please Help! I'd really like for my son to play this game and would like to get him a copy for christmas its a really good game.
Old 2005-12-15, 17:32
Welcome to Zirla!

Send a message via ICQ to Battler Send a message via AIM to Battler Send a message via MSN to Battler Send a message via Yahoo to Battler
- DanThMan: The only CD releases of LBA 1 that exist are all 1994 releases. Although they say 1995 on the box, the game files are all dated 1994, and the game's quit message says "Copyright (C) 1994, Adeline Software International.".

So no, the 1994 release is not rare - it's actually the standard release of the game.

The "newer games" you find are probably LBA 2 a.k.a. Twinsen's Odyssey, while Relentless is also known as LBA 1, or simply LBA.

Just search on eBay or anywhere for "LBA", and you'll find the game.
Old 2005-12-15, 17:38

ok sorry I only know it by Relentless im a noob But I search ebay for LBA and all I could find was Little Big Adventure 2... sorry I just cant find this game something I am doing wrong? Possibly send me a direct link to it?
Old 2005-12-15, 17:57
!!!!!

Dan - see this post.
Old 2005-12-15, 18:10

okay I guess I am confused after clicking on that and searching some of the sites. ok so how many Twinsen games are there? I thought it was "Relentless: Twinsens Adventure" , "Little Big Adventure", and "Little Big Adventure 2". I think I get confused because I dont know if it is Relentless: Little Big Adventure or just Little Big Adventure, so I wonder if I am looking at the right game or not.

are there three games? im sorry im just lost lol. I have not seen the game box for years so when I am clicking on these links I am looking at the box and it looks like the newer games that I dont want? I dont know. I did however find a Relentless CD on ebay for 35 bucks its orange, is this the 1994 game?
Old 2005-12-15, 18:17
!!!!!

There are 2 games.
"Relentless: Twinsen's Adventure" is another name for LBA1.
"Twinsen's Odyssey" is another name for LBA2.
Old 2005-12-15, 18:55
Pianist

I hope my versions of lba1 und lba2 will not demaged, because I cannot buy this games in the shop. But one year ago there was a new LBA 1 version for buy in german shops. I have bought one of them.
Old 2005-12-16, 21:03

Send a message via ICQ to Lightwing
Some publishers re-release games. Topware re-released Septerra Core just recently.

I wonder if we get enough signitures (sort of to show demand), that we can get the guys to publish the games again.
Old 2005-12-16, 23:51
Horza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightwing
Some publishers re-release games. Topware re-released Septerra Core just recently.

I wonder if we get enough signitures (sort of to show demand), that we can get the guys to publish the games again.
Only if they publish the original (not the "classics") design and "big box" packaging. Big box? yea right!
Old 2005-12-19, 19:46
Magic Ball Master

There is someone on ebay selling copies of Lba 1 and 2 online for 4.99 each! He claims they are xp compatable too.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Little-Big-Adv...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 2005-12-19, 20:02

Oh, that's BS. You can only make them compatible to XP via outside software.
Old 2005-12-19, 21:46
Still in a dream...

It's pirate as well.

Wheres the link to report it?
Old 2005-12-20, 01:16

Abandonware does not equal the right to copy games. It just means that the title isn't sold anywhere.
Old 2005-12-20, 13:24
I lost the Game!

thats really bad marketing don't you think?
Old 2005-12-20, 14:17
Magic Level: Red Ball

Send a message via MSN to takashi_maze
Unfortunately, eBay sucks because you can only report copyright infringement if you are the owner. So unless whoever owns the rights to the LBA series files a report, he will keep on selling. Still, at least it isn't extortion in terms of price. But if I remember, you could buy it for only half of that at one time.
Old 2005-12-20, 22:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishashobar
thats really bad marketing don't you think?
Yes, it's pretty frelled up.

But the executive chairs are a bunch of doosh nozzles, so what can you do.
Old 2005-12-20, 23:13
Master of Science & Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by takashi_maze
Still, at least it isn't extortion in terms of price. But if I remember, you could buy it for only half of that at one time.
That logic doesn't add up, he is earning money over people's backs. Illiegally distributing the game for free is less evil than selling illegal copies.
Old 2005-12-20, 23:16
Still in a dream...

You're not allowed to sell pirates or copies of games on eBay. I can't find the place where you report it to eBay though...
Old 2005-12-22, 13:18
Horza

OGM those idiot buyers should be ashamed of themselves, all 10 of them and as for the seller
Old 2005-12-25, 01:44

Shit, man. I'd rather you get LBA for free from somebody than spend your money on a ripped copy.
Old 2005-12-31, 15:20
Magic Level: Green Ball

I would NEVER part with my copy of LBA/Relentless, except for an insane amount of money ($1000 USD) or a copy of the upcoming official LBA3...