Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > LBA Modifications > LBA Modifications - General
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Old 2005-08-06, 08:51
Tomorrow burns!

Send a message via MSN to Illumina
Since I've begun once again to continue on translating the Otringal quotes, I've been thinking that some storyline quotes are quickly jumping to conclusions which would let the player question this plot. Want some examples?
Quote:
They say the Esmers left for our planet to kidnap Twinsun's children! They say nothing can be done, but I still have hope. I'm sure you will succeed in reaching the astroport to steal a shuttle and go save those children!!!
For instance, I would sharpen this quote to look better and give more meaning of continuing this game. Then the quote would look different. When I'm done translating all of LBA 2's quotes, I'm gonna do the last stage: Sharpening and polishing the quotes that it could be like Metal Gear Solid.
I think that it's wise to question anyone or anything who thinks that they have the answer. The ultimate sum of all natural laws comprise the concept of God. And I'd have to be smarter than I am to describe it. The only way to enjoy life is to enjoy it and not to try to spend your time to deconstruct it. Ultimately, on the most of tombstones it should read: "Humans: Fretted, worried, prayed, procreated, sacrificed, died anyway." - Devin Townsend
Old 2005-08-06, 23:46
Magic Ball Master

Send a message via MSN to LBAWinOwns
I leave this project .Sorry I leave this project, but you are never on MSN and we cant even hold contact . and no1 gonna use it anyway, all in Sweden can english also.

LBA Image Creator project
(image by leoboe! )

Get the Jump-Save-Bug graphically explained here
Old 2005-08-07, 05:10
Magic level: Ice Ball

Send a message via MSN to morshem
I think that's not right, I mean, I see lots of Israelis using our Hebrew translation, and are really enjoying it...
Old 2005-08-07, 08:54
Tomorrow burns!

LBAWinOwns: Don't try making me lose my hope of work. By the way, although I'm translating LBA 2 I don't need correction yet. I've been thinking we could take it in the end.

Morshem: Thanks.
I think that it's wise to question anyone or anything who thinks that they have the answer. The ultimate sum of all natural laws comprise the concept of God. And I'd have to be smarter than I am to describe it. The only way to enjoy life is to enjoy it and not to try to spend your time to deconstruct it. Ultimately, on the most of tombstones it should read: "Humans: Fretted, worried, prayed, procreated, sacrificed, died anyway." - Devin Townsend
Old 2005-08-07, 14:27
Magic Ball Master

Btw, I once ask you (at the bigining of the thread) but you didn't reply to me. Why did you start doing the LBA2 instead of the first one?

Reviving this thread just reminds me that I need to finished reviweing my LBA1 translation and finished my LBA2 one

TwinEngine v0.2.1 win32 beta released - open source re-implementation of the LBA 1 original engine.
[Discuss]|[Download]|[Changes]|[SourceCode]|[Issues]

The Sacred Carrot website
Old 2005-08-07, 14:31
Magic Ball Master

Send a message via MSN to LBAWinOwns
sorry if you took it that way Illumina. But that IS the reason why I wanna leave it.

morshem: Well, didn't know. But I always thought 30 % of the fun was to hear they talk.

LBA Image Creator project
(image by leoboe! )

Get the Jump-Save-Bug graphically explained here
Old 2005-08-07, 15:31
Tomorrow burns!

Alexfont: I've decided to go for LBA 2, since it was one of my first game before LBA 1. It's unknown if I'm gonna translate that game after LBA 2. We'll see.
Old 2005-08-07, 16:33
Welcome to Zirla!

Send a message via ICQ to Battler Send a message via AIM to Battler Send a message via MSN to Battler Send a message via Yahoo to Battler
- Illumina: Don't forget to send me the files after you finish the translation (and polishment as well), so I can put them into the .HQR's using compression.
Old 2005-08-07, 17:39
Tomorrow burns!

OBrasilo: I know, I know. Good to see you unbanned again, I think.
Old 2005-08-14, 12:18
Pony A-sploded!

Send a message via ICQ to Simon
Jag ska använda din översättning tills jag dör. Kör hårt

How's it going anyways? Got LBA2 working on Xbox, wouldn't mind a Swedish translation aswell, good luck
Old 2005-08-14, 18:39
Tomorrow burns!

Tack, Simon.
So far, I got Zeelich' quotes left. But after that, I'm gonna improve some things.
Old 2005-08-15, 00:35
Pony A-sploded!

Send a message via ICQ to Simon
cool cool, I heard something about LBA going Dreamcast and I guess you could easily extract that iso and insert your swedish translation there. Hehe, there are probably several ways of using this one :P
Old 2005-08-15, 12:11
Welcome to Zirla!

Send a message via ICQ to Battler Send a message via AIM to Battler Send a message via MSN to Battler Send a message via Yahoo to Battler
- Illumina: A reminder - I hope you didn't forget to translate the "demo texts" (last few entries in the second file).
Old 2005-08-15, 13:12
Tomorrow burns!

Why should I? They aren't worth anything in LBA 2 full version.
Old 2005-08-15, 14:12
weee

They're just a few lines, it shouldn't be too hard.
You make so much effort making this translation, so I think it's worth translating the few demo lines just to make it complete.
Old 2005-08-15, 17:06

Erm.. I don't think we translated those demo lines into Hebrew
Old 2005-08-15, 21:27
Welcome to Zirla!

- morshem: Actually, I think Fishos did translate them.
Old 2005-08-15, 23:23
weee

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBrasilo
- morshem: Actually, I think Fishos did translate them.
Yep.

What made you check that out anyway?
Old 2005-08-16, 05:08

Why aren't they in any of the translation txt files you sent me then?
Old 2005-08-16, 15:07
weee

I think I actually did, it's in file "overall 3.txt".
Old 2005-08-16, 16:52

Oh, OK. Didn't remember that.

Why are those lines in the full version, anyway?
Old 2005-08-16, 17:25
Welcome to Zirla!

- morshem: Because the game still has the code to show them. If you put the SCRSHOT.HQR file of the demo version to the folder of the full version, you will see those demo images and texts, when you specify "Quit" in the main menu.
Old 2005-08-16, 17:42
weee

Cool, didn't know that.
Old 2005-08-16, 18:14
Tomorrow burns!

OBrasilo, you are a genious on this. Even I could have found it out before a long time.
Old 2005-08-18, 16:30
Tomorrow burns!

Update news!

I've translated the demo texts, and put a mention about ChaosFish's site for more dialogue texts in different languages to download.