Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > Fan Creations > Fan Music

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Fan Music The place for all your music creations

Old 2011-05-26, 01:24
You what?!

LBA2 Intro

As titled. This is my soundtrack to the LBA2 opening.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mqN552CW8A

Part of my university portfolio, there are a couple of other videos up there if anyone is interested, one more coming tomorrow.
Old 2011-05-26, 08:22
Look beyond reality.

Phillipe Vachey must see this.
Old 2011-05-26, 14:39
You what?!

To show him that he has inspired great work or to show him the blasphemy I have created?!
Old 2011-05-26, 14:50
the hobbits to Otringal

Thumbs Up

Great, the quality of the capture is a bit of a shame and not sure about the percussion. Even so, it's a very nice and fitting tune. Engaging the imagination with the promise of a whole world out there.
Nice work Kit.

http://forum.magicball.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2558&dateline=1285864225

Last edited by Odysseus; 2011-05-26 at 14:56.
Old 2011-05-26, 21:24
Neko

I think it could be great if the piano wasn't playing like crazy. It's such an awesome piece...but there's way too many notes.

Wait did I really say too many notes?

Dude if you would make that a bit more calm it would be a tune I'd like to go into lba3 perfectly
Old 2011-05-27, 16:24
Magic Ball Master

Excellent work! It sounds really nice. I don't know what else to say really, I can't listen closely enough to tell instruments apart, which is actually a good thing. If I had something to say it would be because something annoyed me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
Great, the quality of the capture is a bit of a shame
Actually that's the real video we extracted from the game's files. It's always been this way.
Old 2011-05-27, 20:23
Look beyond reality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitarii View Post
To show him that he has inspired great work or to show him the blasphemy I have created?!
Haha no really it's really good. Personally I'm not too annoyed about you using a lot of notes. I can clearly hear your style and the LBA-influences, really nice.
Old 2011-05-27, 21:25
Neko

just think it could go from awesome to AWESEOME
Old 2011-05-28, 16:25
the hobbits to Otringal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobold View Post
Actually that's the real video we extracted from the game's files. It's always been this way.
Aha, because of the the weird frame rate variations I figured it would be a capture thing. But I checked other clips aswell now. Cool.
Someone should one day write some code to polish it.

http://forum.magicball.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2558&dateline=1285864225
Old 2011-05-29, 15:34
Magic Level: Yellow Ball

If you want to show this to Philippe Vachey: his email-address is [email address]
Didier Chanfray gave me this address about a month ago.
Great work btw!
Old 2011-05-31, 00:21
Refrão* (ligar overdrive)

Hmm.
My review:

It is good, and every part of the tune suits the scenes. The sound effects are well placed, too, and adds very well to the "interaction" of the audio with the scenes.

IMHO, and perhaps unecessary to say, that, it comes nowhere near the grandeur of the original; but would be a decent secondary option with a few adjustments. I am glad that you have not ripped off the original tune at any moment, and you get bonuses for doing so.

I don't know what it is with your music, but usually it sounds to me a bit too much keyboardish/midish, I don't know why. Maybe it's the drums that are so dry. I don't know. It sounds flat. Particularly the intro piano, there isn't much soul, most of the notes sound too much in the same volume, perhaps you'd need to fiddle more with the velocity/dynamics, or maybe it has to do with the final mix/mastering to add some majesty to it. So, sonically, it's kinda dull to me, with a few exceptions (like when that plucked-string-like instrument comes in at 2:00).

As for the composition; very good, very original, very much your style (from what I heard in your previous Lbaish tunes like Asylum, etc.). Quite rich, I like the ornaments during the intro with those pizzicatos and stuff. The piano is indeed a bit annoying at times (perhaps because of the constant volume I've mentioned) which turns out to have too many notes like Jesse pointed out. For the moment of Dino-fly's flight, I'd expect the music to get HUGE, and fill the room, but alas it kept soft all the way, which is not bad, just, sort of an anti-climax.

In a nutshell: sounds good, sounds appropriate, sounds original, shouldn't be discarded and should be used into some actual game intro sometime!
Old 2011-05-31, 08:27
Neko

do you still do music space? I'd love to hear something from you as well
Old 2011-06-01, 02:51

@Jesse: Yes, still doing music (it's a lifetime's commitment to do so ), however rarely for myself, mostly for other people's projects.

There's this short loop/groove I've made for a documentary on "São Paulo's Fashion Week". Put it loud, and imagine high fashion and hot girls on a catwalk along with it. --> http://www.filedropper.com/roy-fashiongroove

Also... there's some advertising stuff, but I'll pick something more interesting since this thread is about giving aural life to moving pictures. Here's a short that goes on in France, 1918, end of WWI (and unfortunately it's all in french). I've composed the soundtrack. Was a tough one! --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0yIZ1T5GOk

That should suffice... for now hehe.
And excuse me Kit for posting my stuff in your thread!
Old 2011-06-02, 19:34
Neko

awesome!

so do you think i could do that too? like play for games and tv, movies and stuff? How do you arrange that? I'm a musician but not a good manager for music :P
Old 2011-06-06, 17:41

Ofcourse you could, just get known in the "scene" - look for the people who need this sort of thing, show your work, have a website with some of your portfolio, etc.

This is currently my daytime job, so it's inevitable for me have a lot of projects to work with without really having to run after clients; but you could, for example, try to meet students in colleges who are studying cinema, they often film shorts, yet have little idea about the importance of having original sound&music created for their productions, no matter how small a project it is. Sometimes you can show it could get much better if they hired a pro or someone like you.

Old 2011-06-12, 00:00

This is great stuff man, like someone said the percussion could need some work but not arrangement-wise, just another kit with some EQing and compression and every so slightly shuffled MIDI-notes!
Old 2011-06-27, 21:36

Excellent. This song really captures the LBA atmosphere.

Old 2011-07-13, 16:23

Wonderful job, stole my heart!