Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > General
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

General The general chatting goes on in here. That means talk about the LBA games and its world.

Old 2020-04-30, 18:55
Polly parrot

Frankly, they are being optimistic...
Old 2020-05-02, 02:57
Welcome to Zirla!

Send a message via ICQ to Battler Send a message via AIM to Battler Send a message via MSN to Battler Send a message via Yahoo to Battler
- Quetch: Even the governments were taken by surprise and announced lockdown measures as it went, so how do you expect event organizers to know any better. Here, for example, the local anime convention that has just moved to my town, and was to be on May 20th this year, did not know whether or not it was going to be possible to hold it, until April. That's how much uncertainty this has caused, unfortunately.
Old 2020-05-02, 11:21
Twinsunian Quetch

Send a message via MSN to Quetch Send a message via Yahoo to Quetch
Not expecting them to know any better. On the contrary, it seems yet again they are rushing things before even knowing what will happen. But nevertheless, my point was about Paris, I hope they won't change this to Lyon now, as that would mean I'll lose all the money I've spent for the cancelled March event. No matter when the restrictions will go off, there's no reason for them not to resume it in Paris, so I hope they'll consider this.
"Because we don't know when we will die, we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well, yet everything happens only a certain number of times, and a very small number, really. How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood, some afternoon that's so deeply a part of your being that you can't even conceive of your life without it? Perhaps four or five times more, perhaps not even that. How many more times will you watch the full moon rise? Perhaps twenty. And yet it all seems limitless." --- Paul Bowles
Old 2020-05-02, 20:54
Polly parrot

Don't want to be pessimistic, but it's not impossible that restrictions would be lifted sooner in Lyon than Paris...
Old 2020-05-02, 21:32
Twinsunian Quetch

Still, this should not even be a factor. The restrictions of all people, from all participating countries have to be taken into account. What good does it do if France is open tomorrow 100% and the rest of us will be "unblocked" 1 at a time every other month? Unfortunately they have to wait until the others are able to come. If not, that'd be a pretty BS move on Wayo's behalf. Hope it won't go there though.
"Because we don't know when we will die, we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well, yet everything happens only a certain number of times, and a very small number, really. How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood, some afternoon that's so deeply a part of your being that you can't even conceive of your life without it? Perhaps four or five times more, perhaps not even that. How many more times will you watch the full moon rise? Perhaps twenty. And yet it all seems limitless." --- Paul Bowles
Old 2020-05-15, 20:08
Twinsunian Quetch

Update:

Quote:
Hi everyone !
The recording of the Lba Symphonic Suite is underway
We’re on our way !
We’re safe and taking care. Energy, positive spirit and good vibrations are with us, here and now.
We send it to you.
Stay safe, take care of your friends, family, and... Yourself !
Much love, we’re together.
See u soon,
PhilV
Old 2020-05-17, 14:22
Twinsunian Quetch

Update again:

Quote:
WE DID IT!! ???????????? Thanks to the union of a team and partners in gold!

Yesterday was the first shared symphony recording session of the déconfinement Orchestra of Paris!!

It took us the agreement of the ministry and a drastic application of exceptional measures to ensure the maximum health safety of artists and technicians (safety distances, vacuum scores 48 hours before, travel route, a dedicated person to open the doors , the winds in a studio apart.... and a whole page of protocols to apply! )

A special thank you to Christophe Briquet, Victor Jacquemont and Isabelle Théo who joined to make this session possible and effective, to Alexandre Tanguy who had all the solutions to counter the technical challenges this new provision requires, and
to the talented musicians, conductor and composers who were so adorable and trusted me all over the line!

Taking back these recording sessions is an unimaginable preparation challenge, and here is proof that balancing the safety and the recovery of our musical productions is possible in our country!

A dense day to record a musical composed by Samuel Safa and directed by Valery Rodriguez with a golden singer Océane Demontis!
And the first music album of the famous video game "Little Big Adventure" composed by Vachey Philippe in a new symphonic version produced by Romain Dasnoy!

Philippe Vachey: "Little Big Symphony Adventure"
Producer: Romain Dasnoy with Wayo records
Producer: Jonathan Grimbert-Barre
Production manager for Scoring Productions: Isabelle Théo
Male and conductor: Pierre-Adrien Théo
Sound Engineer: Alexandre Tanguy
Pro tools assistant: Victor Jacquemont
at the RiffX Studios by Crédit Mutuel
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	97977487_2903065773073789_1894074315473682432_o.jpg‎
Views:	62
Size:	205.1 KB
ID:	10317   Click image for larger version

Name:	98170662_2903065506407149_6346737065232695296_o.jpg‎
Views:	61
Size:	228.9 KB
ID:	10318   Click image for larger version

Name:	98201335_2903065909740442_2654903518279761920_o.jpg‎
Views:	61
Size:	84.8 KB
ID:	10319  
Old 2020-05-18, 17:50
the legend

To be honest I am not so happy about this being done this way... None of these fears, safety protocols and blablabla should even remotely be on the musicians minds (not to mention the discomfort of wearing masks the whole time, ugh) while playing these wonderful, sublime melodies of pure love, joy and freedom. We've sooo eagerly waited for this moment to be real, to bring this music alive, and now it had to happen like that. Oh shoot, life goes on...

Polaris: "And what is a guitar doing in the middle of an asteroïd anyway?"
sgk: Think of it this way: it's like a message in a bottle. In our world, we put a message inside a bottle to protect it while it travels through the oceans to reach some other island. In other worlds, they put a message inside an asteroid to protect it while it travels through space to reach some other planet. In this case it is a gift, a guitar, rather than just a message.

Last edited by SpaceGuitarist; 2020-05-18 at 18:12.
Old 2020-05-18, 19:20
Twinsunian Quetch

well to be honest me neither... I don't understand why they had to do it now and why they said "we can't postpone it any longer", I mean it's not like you have to launch your newest iPhone in Q3... it's music, it's art, it's a fan-funded project, we were supposed to be there, the musicians should have enjoyed this... so having to go through all that... pointless in my opinion, but who knows what reasons they might have had.. but as a musician myself, I need 100 takes to pick up the perfect one in normal conditions, I don't even wanna think how it'd be to put some emotion in my playing with all those stupid constraints around me (and a mask on my face)...
Old 2020-05-18, 20:07
the legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by quetch View Post
But as a musician myself, i need 100 takes to pick up the perfect one in normal conditions, i don't even wanna think how it'd be to put some emotion in my playing with all those stupid constraints around me (and a mask on my face)...
... yes EXACTLY

sgk: Think of it this way: it's like a message in a bottle. In our world, we put a message inside a bottle to protect it while it travels through the oceans to reach some other island. In other worlds, they put a message inside an asteroid to protect it while it travels through space to reach some other planet. In this case it is a gift, a guitar, rather than just a message.
Old 2020-05-18, 23:44
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quetch View Post
well to be honest me neither... I don't understand why they had to do it now and why they said "we can't postpone it any longer", I mean it's not like you have to launch your newest iPhone in Q3... it's music, it's art, it's a fan-funded project, we were supposed to be there, the musicians should have enjoyed this... so having to go through all that... pointless in my opinion, but who knows what reasons they might have had.. but as a musician myself, I need 100 takes to pick up the perfect one in normal conditions, I don't even wanna think how it'd be to put some emotion in my playing with all those stupid constraints around me (and a mask on my face)...
Musicians have it especially hard these days because they can't perform in front of audiences. So projects like these are very welcome to be able to work at all.

Regarding the quality I'm still very positive that this music will totally live up to our high standards. Having studied music (piano and saxophone) I played in crammed orchestra pits, studio concerts without audience, and in pretty much all weather conditions.
When you really concentrate on the music, you will forget about everything around you - no matter what!
Old 2020-05-19, 07:37
the legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by leoboe View Post
When you really concentrate on the music, you will forget about everything around you - no matter what!
I hope so. I hope they were bracing themselves to high noble ideals of doing something extraordinary despite all odds and it would turn out that this extra adrenaline injected the necessary emotion during the performance.

Old 2020-06-21, 00:44
Magic Level: Yellow Ball

Hey guys, look what came in the mail this week
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20200620_2321422.jpg‎
Views:	77
Size:	329.8 KB
ID:	10320  
Old 2020-06-21, 01:50
Twinsunian Quetch

wow! super!!! hmm... nothing came for me at the moment, they didn't even announced they'll ship them.. again, disappointed with how they're handling the whole communication thing but.. let's just hope we'll get the promised packages and the trip..

Last edited by Quetch; 2020-06-21 at 01:58.
Old 2020-06-21, 11:06
Magic Level: Yellow Ball

Post services are currently very slow in some countries. I'm sure you'll receive yours soon
Old 2020-06-21, 20:28
the legend

Beautiful !

Old 2020-06-21, 21:11
Neko

i moved since the ordering, how to give your new address?
Old 2020-06-21, 22:48
Magic Level: Green Ball

Nice I am also waiting for the medallion
Old 2020-06-21, 23:04
Magic Level: Green Ball

I wonder if once you receive the medallion if your ball turns red
Old 2020-07-19, 14:14
Twinsunian Quetch

Got mine about 2 weeks ago, just forgot to post the message It's a bit scratched here and there but oh well, don't matter, it would get scratched in time anyways I guess... Just not super careful on their behalf, could've had a little bit more care
EDIT: I see wannie's medallion has a similar scratch in the exact spot as mine, on the lower end of the "S". I guess they somehow stacked them in the same way and they got bumped in that area...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_20200705_101941.jpg‎
Views:	35
Size:	98.3 KB
ID:	10321   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200705_101951.jpg‎
Views:	29
Size:	102.3 KB
ID:	10322   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200705_101957.jpg‎
Views:	27
Size:	97.7 KB
ID:	10323   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200705_102027.jpg‎
Views:	29
Size:	99.9 KB
ID:	10324   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200705_102245.jpg‎
Views:	26
Size:	110.7 KB
ID:	10326  

Old 2020-07-20, 14:37
the legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quetch View Post
Got mine about 2 weeks ago, just forgot to post the message It's a bit scratched here and there but oh well, don't matter, it would get scratched in time anyways I guess... Just not super careful on their behalf, could've had a little bit more care
EDIT: I see wannie's medallion has a similar scratch in the exact spot as mine, on the lower end of the "S". I guess they somehow stacked them in the same way and they got bumped in that area...
Do you know how scratched Twinsen's medallion must've been, with all the fighting and saving the world ??

Old 2020-07-20, 23:09
Twinsunian Quetch

true true, that's why I said it's gonna get more in time