Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > Administration > Graveyard > LbaX
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

LbaX LbaX is an unofficial non profit sequel of Little Big Adventure 1 and 2 (homepage)

Old 2006-03-09, 23:59
Tralalalala ...

Question LbaX downloads unavailable

Hi!

I'd like to download the newest version of the game, but the site says:
Note: all downloads are temporaliy unavailable.

Can anybody show me a working link? Thx.

Also:
What is the license of the game? It would be nice to see it released under an open-source license like GPL. Making the project avaible under sourceforge.net would probably help developers to improve the speed (with usefull tools like cvs and sf.net's bug-tracking system etc.) and quality (by letting other's to port the game to other OSs like UNIX, Linux) of their work and it would make finding new developers easier and the project more popular. Such game as LbaX has to be taken seriously. Letting an open-source community to have the code would provide us with the chance to have the game always under development and make it long life.

Ginjeet
Old 2006-03-10, 02:08
Boobs!

Hi,
Welcome to the Magicball Network.
Yeah. There's no available demo yet. I'm doing the website for it and once I have permission from Mad_aeon, I'll put beta 0.4 up.

I've registered the game under the CreativeCommons site. The website will also feature a forum where users can submit bugs and it will immediatly be logged onto the bug page on the website.

I'll also include the GPL in the about page.

Again, welcome!
Old 2006-03-10, 07:59
Tralalalala ...

System requirement

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Another thing has caught my attention:

Recommended System Requirements:
Pentium III 733, 192 MB of Ram, and a GeForce 2 MX. OS is Windows XP.
Frame Rate WILL be slow, even on a 3.6 GHz Pc!

What graphical engine does the game use? Why is it slow anyway?
Old 2006-03-10, 08:57
Boobs!

Wait... What website are you looking at?

Yeah, there have been some MAJOR improvements to the engine so now it runs fairly smooth.
The engine is made from scratch! (I think) But he's doing SO well with it!

Update: I've sent an e-mail to AngelFire asking if they can remove the old site.
Awaiting reply.

Last edited by SebZ; 2006-03-10 at 09:47.
Old 2006-03-10, 11:04
Twinsunian Quetch

Send a message via MSN to Quetch Send a message via Yahoo to Quetch
OMG Sebz , PLEASE ask Mad_Aeon A.S.A.P. to let you post the demoooo !!! Please !!!!!!!!!!! I urge you to beg him to release it as soon as he can !!!!!!!!!
"Because we don't know when we will die, we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well, yet everything happens only a certain number of times, and a very small number, really. How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood, some afternoon that's so deeply a part of your being that you can't even conceive of your life without it? Perhaps four or five times more, perhaps not even that. How many more times will you watch the full moon rise? Perhaps twenty. And yet it all seems limitless." --- Paul Bowles
Old 2006-03-10, 18:47
Tralalalala ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SebZ
I'll also include the GPL in the about page.
--> source code ...
Old 2006-03-11, 00:42
Free-lance designer

Send a message via ICQ to Horadrim
Oh, God. I couldn`t understand what do you like so much in the technical demo... We concidered to release the real demo, when we complete the first part of the game (the scenario for the part is done from a long time ago). Currently I`m reworking everything and even doing the models from the scratch, most of the animations too. The look of LBAx won`t be the same as you see it on the shots or in this:

http://rapidshare.de/files/15192006/...se_04.zip.html demo, which you people want so much.
Old 2006-03-11, 01:24
Boobs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginjeet
--> source code ...
I don't think they'd allow the source code... So I might get rid of the GPL and just have the CreativeCommons bit.
Old 2006-03-11, 10:30
Tralalalala ...

Thumbs Down How nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by SebZ
I don't think they'd allow the source code... So I might get rid of the GPL and just have the CreativeCommons bit.
lol.
Old 2006-03-12, 00:48
Boobs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginjeet
lol.
What?!?! I'm not in charge, but Mad_aeon might have it as source code, I don't know!
Old 2006-03-13, 08:13
Twinsunian Quetch

Um .... horadim ... isn't that the demo with the LBAx.exe problem ? The one showing a black screen and then crashing to the desktop ?? Oh well , I am downloading it now and I'll see
EDIT : Yes , It's exactly the one I have since 2-3 years ago . It crashes ... any patches , Horadim ? BTW : In my old version ( the same one like this one ) , the startup screen says LBAx 8 January 2005 ... why ??? It's since 2001 . Anyway , that's not important ... please give me a solution with the crashing ( I've only put FMOD.DLL into C:\windows\system32 )
"Because we don't know when we will die, we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well, yet everything happens only a certain number of times, and a very small number, really. How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood, some afternoon that's so deeply a part of your being that you can't even conceive of your life without it? Perhaps four or five times more, perhaps not even that. How many more times will you watch the full moon rise? Perhaps twenty. And yet it all seems limitless." --- Paul Bowles

Last edited by Quetch; 2006-03-13 at 08:41.
Old 2006-03-13, 12:59
Boobs!

No patches have been given.

One cause is because the LbaX folder is in something like "C:\LbaX Demo\"
The spaces can cause it to crash because the engine (that he developed) can't cope with spaces.
One way to solve it is "C:\lbax_demo\"

Another might be that you havn't got the latest graphic drivers.
Download them and try.

If they don't work, make a new text file on the desktop. Rename it to bla.nfo

Open it. It should say it doesn't contain any system info. "OK" that and delete the file off the desktop. Back at System Info, go to "File > Save as Text File..."
And PM me the results. I'll see what the problem might be.
Old 2006-03-13, 19:36
Free-lance designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quetch
Um .... horadim ... isn't that the demo with the LBAx.exe problem ? The one showing a black screen and then crashing to the desktop ?? Oh well , I am downloading it now and I'll see
EDIT : Yes , It's exactly the one I have since 2-3 years ago . It crashes ... any patches , Horadim ? BTW : In my old version ( the same one like this one ) , the startup screen says LBAx 8 January 2005 ... why ??? It's since 2001 . Anyway , that's not important ... please give me a solution with the crashing ( I've only put FMOD.DLL into C:\windows\system32 )
No, it`s not the demo with LBAx.exe problem. This is the latest demo mad_aeon released ( 8 January 2005 ). There were 3 demos - the 2nd demo, when Twinsen starts outside the Citadel isle (released few months before I join the team, this was 2001) and two others 3 and 4 (3 had this exe problem). There were no other demos released for the audithory, exept a technical demo, only for the team members, which shows the grass and water shaders of the Citadel isle. That`s all.
Old 2006-03-13, 20:32
Twinsunian Quetch

Then how come it crashes ? I've tryed it on 4 computers , on WinXP , Win 2000 and Win98 . Obrasilero also told me that his version is crashing too . You realise there's nothing wrong with my computer .The game is being held in the "E:\Games\LBA\Fan-Games" 9 so no blank spaces , ONLY FMOD.dll is in the system32 ( though it doesn't make any difference weather is there or not ) , I have the latest drivers , my computer is an Intel Pentium 4 , nVidia GeForce 6600 at 256 Mb , 1024 RAM , 80 Gb . So there must be a thing with the exe or other files within the game . Can you please help me ???
Old 2006-03-13, 22:30
Do the evolution.

Quetch... The only thing you can do is to wait for the next demo. This one doesen't work for me either, but you know, that's the reason why it isn't available for download anymore...(duh...)
Just wait for the next one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horadrim
There were no other demos released for the audithory, exept a technical demo, only for the team members, which shows the grass and water shaders of the Citadel isle. That`s all.
Shaders!? How for behind you guys am I then ?
Damn I need coders Every time I try using shaders something screws up :/ And I need to work out multitexturing for the ground, cause that texture that I have there is a killer for the GPU and ram :/.

Last edited by Jasiek; 2006-03-13 at 22:35.
Old 2006-03-14, 10:40
Free-lance designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quetch
Then how come it crashes ? I've tryed it on 4 computers , on WinXP , Win 2000 and Win98 . Obrasilero also told me that his version is crashing too . You realise there's nothing wrong with my computer .The game is being held in the "E:\Games\LBA\Fan-Games" 9 so no blank spaces , ONLY FMOD.dll is in the system32 ( though it doesn't make any difference weather is there or not ) , I have the latest drivers , my computer is an Intel Pentium 4 , nVidia GeForce 6600 at 256 Mb , 1024 RAM , 80 Gb . So there must be a thing with the exe or other files within the game . Can you please help me ???
Take a look at this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horadrim
OBras,whichever OS you use,you`ll achieve the same result.The problem is that the game seems to be strongly dependent from the nVidia geForce drivers.I suppose that mad_aeon will correct this dependance and allow the others to play the demo (which I think that it`s useless to see now,since there are major changes in the whole vision of the game).
link to my post:
http://forum.magicball.net/showthrea...273#post256273
Old 2006-03-14, 11:32
Twinsunian Quetch

Well , then , I suppose the only thing left for me is to wait ... Thanks anyway Horadim I really hope in the next demo ( which I understood , will contain the FULL chapter 1 ) , there won't be any problems and I will finally be able to play LBAx ( I never played it before , though I have my eyes on it since 2001-2002 ) .
Old 2007-03-17, 19:06
Magic Level: Yellow Ball

beta 5

Anyone has Beta 5 (or even beta 4, because the link above is down).

I'd like to try the current demo.
can anyone give a link?
Old 2007-03-17, 21:32
Magic Ball Master

This project is currently, sadly, like so many projects, "on a hold".
Old 2007-03-20, 14:11
Twinsunian Quetch

I think it's fair to say this one , like all others , is dead
Old 2007-03-21, 14:29
Magic Ball Master

The Prequel Team has tossed around the idea of helping to revive this project though once our game is done...so it may be only dormant for now.
Old 2007-03-21, 22:51
Free-lance designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quetch View Post
I think it's fair to say this one , like all others , is dead
No, it`s not dead and it won`t be, as long as I live. I hope that one day I`ll have the sources, so I could continue the project under the guidance of mad_aeon. He really wants that game finished and it will be one day...
Old 2007-03-22, 00:16
Magic Ball Master

Send a message via MSN to LBAWinOwns
He should publish the code to everyone. Wasn't this open source b.t.w.?

LBA Image Creator project
(image by leoboe! )

Get the Jump-Save-Bug graphically explained here
Old 2007-03-22, 14:06
Free-lance designer

GLScene is opensource. Mad_aeon modified the engine to fit our needs. Since there are commersial GLScene rpoducts, the LBAx source could be commercial. The produts we make from this source are free, but we have some copyrigths, so they couldn`t be used without our persmission.
Anyway, we could release some stuff when we clear out some things. For example, most of the models are new, the textures too and the source itself will be rewriten. Soon, the guys developing GLScene will release a new version, so there will be major changes in the game itself.
Old 2007-03-22, 20:10
Twinsunian Quetch

so basically there's no hope for the old LBAx system ? cause usually when the engine is upgraded , incompatibilities occur