Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > Off topic > Member Announcements
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Member Announcements Announcements like "I'm leaving", "I'm new", "Happy Birthday", etc. goes in here.

Old 2014-09-20, 22:17
Just a soaring leaf.

Dinofly Greetings from a LBA Rookie

Hi everyone,

Firstly, it's great to discover a loyal fan base for what I think is one of the most important games for the adventure genre. I had fond memories playing Little Big Adventure 2 and was very drawn by its expansive world. Everything from the intricate controls, charming humor, and its surprisingly deep interaction. I can never forget the time I accidentally pummeled one of the kids at school, and true to his word, I was punished by his older brother! It left a big impression on me at the time because it felt like my actions had real consequences, which is something games nowadays can't do in such a lighthearted manner.

I'm actually writing to everyone because I'd like to share a game that's been in development for the past three years. It draws a lot of inspiration from LBA 2, mainly it's full rotation controls and a literal adaption of the game's title. I'm really sorry if I'm coming off as someone who's trying to self promote themselves, but I thought it'd be relevant since it's more or less an homage to LBA 2's gameplay. If you're interested, then please check out the game in the link below:

http://www.indiedb.com/games/nin

Overall, I'm glad I stumbled upon this fan base. Hopefully I can be more active in the community once development is finished. Until then, thanks very much for reading!
Old 2014-09-20, 23:45
Magic Ball GrandMaster

Welcome dear PunkDrifter!
Glad to see a newcomer with such enthusiasm. Have a great stay at our forums, look around, share, talk, think LBA. There is a lot to talk about, and a lot has been covered already, but if there is anything new you'd like you're very welcome to bring in some!

There are some critical places on the forums you could find some interesting things, so if you don't know where to find something, just ask! Nice to have you

Threads: News, Introduction, Discussion, Bugs collection || Content: Characters, Enemies, Items
Words come in all sizes. But even if they fit you,
they might not come at appropriate times.

Good for everyone is finding yourself first,
and then the good in others second.
Old 2014-09-21, 03:25
Polly parrot

Hello and welcome among us
I hope you'll enjoy your stay and be active
Your game looks nice !
Old 2014-09-21, 16:39
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
WELCOME

That game looks pretty cool. Reminds me a little of that Nintendo game with the robot.
Old 2014-09-22, 00:25
Magic Ball Master

Hey, welcome to the MBN Forums!
Your game looks very nice! How big was the team that worked with you to create it?
Old 2014-09-22, 05:50
Just a soaring leaf.

Oh whoa, looks like it's an active community as well! Thanks for the warm welcomes and positive feedback =)

In reply to marcosmapf, the team is just myself, an artist, and a game musician. Also did one of you guys post to the IndieDB page? If so, the team appreciates the wish of luck

Actually, does anyone know if an official remake of LBA exists? I was reading an article about LBA3 when it mentioned that the original creators released it on March 16th of 2014, but I couldn't find it anywhere. Otherwise, I guess I'll just buy the original at gog.com
Old 2014-09-22, 11:53
Polly parrot

There was a remake of LBA1 done for tablets, but nothing for PC.
We have a review of it here.
Old 2014-09-24, 02:05
Just a soaring leaf.

Ah I see, it's basically a straight port to the tablet more than a remake. The achievements sound like a neat feature, but I think I'll just go with the classic controls and original difficulty.

Thanks for the link, Polaris
Old 2014-09-24, 05:36
Magic Ball Master

Its actually not only for tablet, but any Android (and IOS I belive?) device. I have it on my smartphone and its realy easy to play on it.
Old 2014-09-24, 11:50
Just a soaring leaf.

Oh whoops, sorry I didn't mean to assume it was tablet exclusive. Guess I got a little too excited about playing it on the iPad ^^;

Tags
adventure, lba 2, ninja