Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > Off topic

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Off topic General off-topic chat goes in here.

Old 2005-11-11, 01:04
Hello

Send a message via MSN to Gustav Sweden
Praise The Lord! Praise The Lord!

http://www.ulfekman.org/default.asp?n_section=58
Old 2005-11-11, 04:37

Send a message via ICQ to Lightwing
A broken spine got healed?

Oh yeh, fucking magic.

The priests must have been Lvl 102 Magi Healers / ArchMages with 160 Intelligence, 159 Wisdom, and 55 Dixterity!!!
Old 2005-11-11, 05:10
Gee, it's been a while.

Right...

Internet Rule #1: If a site has bad spelling/grammar and has not been translated by Babelfish, its not a reliable source. "Hindu man got healed!" "Young girl heald!" "serious skinn disease."
Old 2005-11-11, 10:36
What is this place?

Send a message via ICQ to Atresica Send a message via AIM to Atresica Send a message via MSN to Atresica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireball
Right...

Internet Rule #1: If a site has bad spelling/grammar and has not been translated by Babelfish, its not a reliable source. "Hindu man got healed!" "Young girl heald!" "serious skinn disease."
Like the Magic Ball Network mainpages?
Old 2005-11-11, 12:42
Tomorrow burns!

Send a message via MSN to Illumina
There has been other rumours about such miracles, like the pope who recently died has cured a few persons in south america during the past without medication.

In my opinion, we can't tell if it is a miracle. Some secrets are to remain secret. After all we know, there are still things we shouldn't know.
I think that it's wise to question anyone or anything who thinks that they have the answer. The ultimate sum of all natural laws comprise the concept of God. And I'd have to be smarter than I am to describe it. The only way to enjoy life is to enjoy it and not to try to spend your time to deconstruct it. Ultimately, on the most of tombstones it should read: "Humans: Fretted, worried, prayed, procreated, sacrificed, died anyway." - Devin Townsend
Old 2005-11-11, 12:45
!!!!!

I believe some people have yet-unexplained abilities. I don't believe it's "divine" though.
Old 2005-11-11, 21:52
inharmonic explorer

I won't defend these miracles, because I've never seen them or met any of these people. They are probably fake.

I will defend the possibility of the "miraculous" on philosphical grounds, though (and the existence of them based on my own experiences or the experiences of someone I trust and know well). Hume et al had some good arguments against the possibility of miracles (even if spiritual beings existed), but I find them defeatable.
Old 2005-11-12, 02:09
inharmonic explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axx
Healing a spinal cord by calling upon Allah?
Replace with god of your choice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axx
Healing a spinal cord by calling upon Krishna?
Old 2005-11-12, 03:11
Hello

Send a message via MSN to Gustav Sweden
I can tell you a bit about this sect. It is strongly ruled by a Swedish nutter who has a big fucking stadium in which he preaches from a stage. He sounds a bit like Hitler when he talks, except that he is also moving and jumping and shit.
Old 2005-11-12, 11:44
Do the evolution.

Did you guys heard about the Placebo effect ? When people think that they have been given a medicine, but in reality it's just water with sugar, but still, they're healed - or just feel better ? We use like, 30% of our brain, maybe that 70% holds some means of self-healing? I don't believe in miracles like that, but for me it's a fact that people can cure themselves to some extend. Our conscious mind is never present in the process of recovering from injuries, but what if it was possible to use it's abstract way of thinking, to destroy for example: cancer cells ? Or to give an order to the neurons and nervous system cells from the spine to merge themselves?
Old 2005-11-12, 13:32
!!!!!

I heard of the Placebo effect. That's why people say belief makes them stronger, and they are right.
Old 2005-11-12, 13:47
inharmonic explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasiek
Did you guys heard about the Placebo effect ? When people think that they have been given a medicine, but in reality it's just water with sugar, but still, they're healed - or just feel better ? We use like, 30% of our brain, maybe that 70% holds some means of self-healing? I don't believe in miracles like that, but for me it's a fact that people can cure themselves to some extend. Our conscious mind is never present in the process of recovering from injuries, but what if it was possible to use it's abstract way of thinking, to destroy for example: cancer cells ? Or to give an order to the neurons and nervous system cells from the spine to merge themselves?
Could be very possible. Maybe this is why religious teachers of the past have urged us to "have faith"? Maybe our minds are a lot more powerful than people have realized.

As for bending spoons..naaah.
Old 2005-11-12, 13:50
inharmonic explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axx
Allah dosnt heal spines. Allah asks you to lead your life in a certain manner, to conduct good, not to heal you while forgetting others.

Why should i be healed if i know a bunch of christians, and the man that knows not does not get healed? That would be a biased god, and this is a load of bullshit, as if it werent people would REALLY document it, and like i said earlier, families will talk about their niegbors who got healed, and everyone would find out and the world would become christian.

The reason they preach this is because people like security, and if they are convinced that belief in jesus will cure them and save them from death, surely they will convert in that hope, and that IS NOT THE FUCKING POINT OF A RELIGION.
Sorry, didn't Mohammad perform miracles and recieve special divine revelation from God? Him, and him only? Isn't that "biased" according to your definition? Why didn't Allah grant everyone the same miracles and revelation? I don't care if it's healing we're talking about, or splitting the moon in two. You are being hypocritical in your assertion that modern day healing makes for an "unfair" God, when your own religion is also based on a unique, miraculous revelation to one person.

By the way, this has nothing to do with the OP's "miracles", or the actual reality of healing today. I'm just talking about your specific attack on miracles going to one individual and not another making God unfair. If you are going to stick to that position, you'll have to admit Allah is also unfair. And, for that matter, any personal theistic god. Also, clearly the world is not Islamic, even though Mohammad performed miracles, so your argument that "the whole world would become Christian" doesn't make sense from your own perspective.

Are you telling me people don't pray for certain things in Islam? And, some prayers and answered, and others are not? The same applies here.

Last edited by CS2x; 2005-11-12 at 14:09.