Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > First aid

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

First aid The forum for getting help to run or complete the LBA games. Note: could contain spoilers.

Old 2006-08-08, 15:51
Twinsunian Quetch

Send a message via MSN to Quetch Send a message via Yahoo to Quetch
hmmmmmm how come I passed in 10-15 minutes ??? well I was 12-13 at that time and I was on my first computer ever too ... I guess we both played LBA on our first comps
"Because we don't know when we will die, we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well, yet everything happens only a certain number of times, and a very small number, really. How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood, some afternoon that's so deeply a part of your being that you can't even conceive of your life without it? Perhaps four or five times more, perhaps not even that. How many more times will you watch the full moon rise? Perhaps twenty. And yet it all seems limitless." --- Paul Bowles
Old 2006-08-08, 19:26
Magic Ball Master

I had to get a new pc to play LBA 2! My old 486 dx just wasnt up to it.
Old 2006-08-10, 10:45
Previously Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurck View Post
You shouldn't be, it took me three years (late 1997 - 2000) And that was because of the refinery... after that it wasn't that hard to complete
In fact, maybe it was 2 or 3 years, I don't really remember, that must be arround 2 years. The refinery was my biggest problem too (2nd room), I was starting to loose interest for LBA2 when my math teacher gave me a magazine with the walkthrough and some helpful tips like "jumping when running makes twinsen jump farther", I didn't know this before. There was also a great review in this magazine.
Old 2006-08-10, 18:37
Master of Science & Magic

it's also in the game: http://www.magicball.net/gamequotes/1294
Old 2006-08-12, 13:28
Previously Link

Yes, yes, but didn't remember this when time came to use it.
That was my first video games, and I know I'm not made to play video games, (I'm pretty sure I completed less than 10 games in my life), maybe I'm made to create them, infact excepted LBA, Zelda and BGE and games like that, I think all other games suck.
Old 2006-08-21, 06:13
Magic Level: Yellow Ball

I don't remember how much time i took to complete, the only thing I know is that LBA2's the game of my life, I can't count how many times I played this game (I still play x.x), but I started when I was 10. I still have the original cd here, wich came with my grandfather's old pentium II multimedia kit.
I also had LBA1, but I lost it because I was too young, and things were not clear to me (i was 7, i think),
And about those guessing games, its really hard to me because I'm brazilian, and my LBA2 is in portuguese, but i'll give it a try =p
Old 2006-08-24, 12:18
Previously Link

There is no audio version of lba/lba2 in portuguese, is there ?
Old 2006-08-24, 12:48
Magic Ball Master

According to Little Bit Adventure there are official LBA 2 Portuguese texts existing. So probably voices too...
Old 2006-08-24, 13:09
Previously Link

Yep texts for sure according to LIttle Bit Adventure, but i'm not so sure about voices.
Old 2006-08-24, 15:02
Magic Ball Master

No, there aren't voices in Brazillian Portuguese in LBA2, only dialogues translations, but it sucks :/

Its a shame, since Portuguese is one of the most talked languages in the world (more than French, Deutch, Itallian and much others) and don't get a chance of that kind of things. I simply don't understand.
Also don't understand why people still make Brazillian Portuguese as main Portuguese language like they did in LBA2 when they simple kill the Portuguese.

The Sacred Carrot website
Old 2006-08-24, 15:44
Sheepie for short

Well, American English is always the standard for everything, which is annoying.

My LBA screenshots page. And some exciting games I have made.
Old 2006-08-24, 21:24
Magic Level: Yellow Ball

Well, my LBA2 has english voices and brazilian portuguese text, which is very good, btw, only a few mistakes, but that's all ;D.
Old 2006-08-24, 22:35
Magic Ball Master

Sorry, but I don't think it is very good. Portuguese is the main language so I don't know why people still think Brazillian one is the main.
I came from a African country that talk Portuguese and it stills the same as the main. Brazillian Portuguese are too much influenced by Americans and the Portuguese is getting worse and worse each time.

Sheep, English still the standard one because its the most easier language to learn and is accessible for everyone (or almost).

Old 2006-08-24, 23:03
Magic Ball Master

I think he is complaining on the American part in American English.
Old 2006-08-25, 00:07
Previously Link

Yes I think he is,actually...
~
There are many more brasilians than portuguese people, so it's normal that there are more brasilian translations.
~
There are many brasilians on the MBN, why nobody try to make a brasilian dubbing ?
Old 2006-08-25, 01:45
Magic Ball Master

Indeed that are more brazillians talking "Brazillian" Portuguese than portguese talking Portuguese. We are less here. Anyway, more countries like Angola, Timor, Cabo Verde and other still talking in Portuguese, so it pass the number of Brazillian ones.
I think this isn't a matter of numbers, but wrong use of the language.

But lets stay on topic now. Sorry all this offtopic.

Old 2006-08-25, 16:41
Sheepie for short

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobold View Post
I think he is complaining on the American part in American English.
Yes... why would I complain about English, when I'm English. It's that nothing is in English English.

My LBA screenshots page. And some exciting games I have made.