Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > First aid

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

First aid The forum for getting help to run or complete the LBA games. Note: could contain spoilers.

Old 2005-02-22, 09:54
Magic Level: Yellow Ball

Can the Screen resolution be adjusted from LBAWIN

Bare with me...I'm new to this forum. I recently downloaded LBAWIN 8.0 so I'd be able to play LBA 1. It works great but I noticed the resolution was a little choppy. I know that this game is old an all but I don't believe the graphics looked that bad when I first played it back in the day. I don't think It would be my video card...It's not top of the line but considering that this game normally runs on a 386 or 486. I figure my computer with it's hardware should be able to run it with smoother graphics....especially during the cut scenes. Unless That's because of LBAWIN then please disregard.

If not, anyone out there with any suggestions...I'm running on windows xp pro if it helps.

Oh yeah, one other thing...I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to computers, so be gentle.

Thanks in advance.
Old 2005-02-22, 19:55
Welcome to Zirla!

Send a message via ICQ to Battler Send a message via AIM to Battler Send a message via MSN to Battler Send a message via Yahoo to Battler
If you're asking, whether you can play LBAWin in full-screen, then yes, of course. Just press F12, or something (look in one of the included text files for more information). I know it gives you a different feeling, when you play the game in a window, because we're all used to playing both LBA games in full-screen.
Old 2005-02-22, 21:07
Magic level: Ice Ball

Send a message via MSN to morshem
I don't think that's what he asked.

Although I can't completely understand what his problem is...
Old 2005-02-22, 23:52

Sorry, I know what I'm asking maybe a bit difficult to understand...Again like I said before I'm not too knowledgable when it comes to computers. Basiclly when It comes to running the game through LBAWIN, I have no problems. The only thing I noticed is that the resolution is a bit choppy especially during the cutsenes. I just don't remember the game looking that bad. It's a minor thing to me but I just want to know if It normally looks that way or can it be adjusted in some way or is it just because I have a old videocard. (Matrox productiva G100...I think)
Old 2005-02-23, 00:23
Welcome to Zirla!

Send a message via ICQ to Battler Send a message via AIM to Battler Send a message via MSN to Battler Send a message via Yahoo to Battler
- XXZEDXX: Can you post some screenshots, or something, so we can know, what problem you have?
Old 2005-02-23, 01:28

Yeah, I can do that...However, I'm currently at work so it will be awhile before I can post some. Roughly around midnight (eastern).
Old 2005-02-24, 01:12

Sorry for the slow response...But I figured out my problem. It is my video card and not the game or the program that is running the game. I got some info on my video card and also from a friend who knows a lot more than me about computers. It turns out that my card is virutally crap. To put it mildly. I purchase my computer solely for the purpose of browsing not gaming so the guy at the store put in the most basic of video cards. I tried the game on my friend's computer which is far more powerful and the images, both in game and cutscenes are sharp and clear as I remembered them. So it turns out I just need a better video card.

Thanks to all who tried to help....I'm still very happy that the game works on my computer....Thank you LBAWIN!!!