Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > Off topic
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Off topic General off-topic chat goes in here.

Old 2003-12-14, 17:52
weee

Question Why do you all hate USA???

People, what's wrong with you... Gustav, Medur, most of other people here, why do you hate the USA? You hate it's culture, you hate Bush, and you think americans are stupid.

This is really starting to annoy me. Stop with it already. Or at least state a good reason for this.
Old 2003-12-14, 17:59
Magic Ball Master

I see this in a lot of people around me and it does indeed get very annoying (although I wouldn't say Medur fits into what you're saying CF). Gustav does a tad though.
Old 2003-12-14, 18:00
Magic Ball Master

America sux cok!!!!111!!1111one11one11eleven
Old 2003-12-14, 18:02
weee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushmeister
(although I wouldn't say Medur fits into what you're saying CF)
Sorry, maybe I confused Medur with someone else...
Old 2003-12-14, 18:28
Still in a dream...

I think George Bush is a bellend. But I have nothing against America. If I hate someone, it is because they are idiots/twats, not because of their nationality/race etc. Although all this anti-American stuff here in Europe can be reflected by Anti-French/Islam etc in the USA....
Old 2003-12-14, 18:37
Bottoms Up!

Send a message via AIM to citadelle Send a message via MSN to citadelle Send a message via Yahoo to citadelle
I'm kinda torn cos I'm French and American. People in this country don't like my nationality, and when i'm in another country, they don't like the fact that i'm American. Lose-lose situation really.
Old 2003-12-14, 19:06
Party animal

Send a message via ICQ to Reek Send a message via MSN to Reek
I don't hate america, just like i don't hate any country.
Their culture has it's good sides, and bad sides.
It has a LOT of crime and seriously fucked up people, but it has many nice people too, and i certainly wouldn't mind living there.
It's just that a high percentage of americans are a bit ignorant, or at least very different from me in their P.O.V.

---

Citadelle -> If anybody criticizes you for your nationality he is just an ingnorant fool, who's not worth the slightest bit of attention.
By saying that i may have accidentaly insulted your friends or people you care about, so i apologize in advance for that.
Old 2003-12-14, 19:25
Idyllic + whimsical

I don't hate the US.
I think it did many good things to the world in terms of science, music, movies, etc.
On the other hand, I simply don't like when people are all patriotic and I feel like throwing a hammer at their head.
Same thing applies also for Israelis, so it's not something personal against the US ("We cought Saddam!!!" -- wtf @ "we"???).
"Ignorance IS NOT bliss! How is your credit card history?" (Banner)
"I find bliss in Ignorance" (Linkin Park - One Step Closer)
Old 2003-12-14, 19:37
Somewhere

Send a message via AIM to ellimac Send a message via MSN to ellimac Send a message via Yahoo to ellimac
Quote:
it's culture
Nah, it's nice
Quote:
you hate Bush
I do. No need to give ewamples he ?
Quote:
americans are stupid.
That can't be said for the whole population. A lot of american are great, just like a lot of people in other countries. But that's a fact (at least for me) that a bigger percentage (than in some other countries) of them are just off their heads.
I also dislike people who feel superior in every situations, and american are particulary known for that, even in situations in which they really shouldn't.

Although I like the country a lot.

LinX:
* vote for LBA here !!!
* find out what raynal said A LONG TIME ago here !!!
* get to listen to my midi version of LBA's Theme here !!! (or (the beginning of) my own LBA's Theme mp3 version??)
* See my 1st Franco parade drawing here !!! (and relentlessly encourage me to finish the 2nd one!)
* Wish me happy birthday more than 6 months late here !!!
Ok elli, let's just STOP here, ok???
Old 2003-12-14, 20:17
Tomorrow burns!

Send a message via MSN to Illumina
I wouldn't hate anything of America, not even Bush.

We need to stay together, inclusive the USA! We need to fight the difficulties! Together we can survive better! You don't hate USA, you just do underestimate it.
I think that it's wise to question anyone or anything who thinks that they have the answer. The ultimate sum of all natural laws comprise the concept of God. And I'd have to be smarter than I am to describe it. The only way to enjoy life is to enjoy it and not to try to spend your time to deconstruct it. Ultimately, on the most of tombstones it should read: "Humans: Fretted, worried, prayed, procreated, sacrificed, died anyway." - Devin Townsend
Old 2003-12-14, 20:18
LBA fan

Chaosfish, don't accuse and label me like that. You have no right to do so. I didn't like your attitude in this thread.
Old 2003-12-14, 20:29
Somewhere

Send a message via AIM to ellimac Send a message via MSN to ellimac Send a message via Yahoo to ellimac
Fishos why don't you hate USA ?

LinX:
* vote for LBA here !!!
* find out what raynal said A LONG TIME ago here !!!
* get to listen to my midi version of LBA's Theme here !!! (or (the beginning of) my own LBA's Theme mp3 version??)
* See my 1st Franco parade drawing here !!! (and relentlessly encourage me to finish the 2nd one!)
* Wish me happy birthday more than 6 months late here !!!
Ok elli, let's just STOP here, ok???
Old 2003-12-14, 20:35
Here.

I don't hate the USA...

I AM CANADIAN! (On average we don't hate anyone, except Bush, because he's a twat, as forementioned)
Old 2003-12-14, 20:42
ffffff

I really don't think it's most of us that hate the USA, Chaosfish... In fact, I didn't really know anyone here hated the USA/Americans or hated one particular kind of people to a racist extent.

I think imo, before accusing us you should go to some of the other boards, see what's worse, their constant flames or our light discussions...

P.S. Just thought It looked like I was avoiding the topic so; No, I do not hate Americans* in any way, shape or form. DD is the only one exception to the rule, though. He should be burnt... with bees...

* or any other race/culture
[21:53] <OBattler> i just don´t believe in behaving like either an animal
[21:53] <OBattler> or like adolf hitler

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreGGy View Post
Opinions are like testicles, everyone has theirs - Those are my opinions and I have no fear to show them to you.
Quote:
but that's what it is, the troll is a rapist
a soul rapist

- Link, 2013
*~ Anakin ~ Mia ~ Rex_Hollywood ~ Jesse ~ Jasiek ~ Kitarii ~ Twinsan ~ BFFs 4 lYfE ~*
Old 2003-12-14, 21:08
weee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medur
Chaosfish, don't accuse and label me like that. You have no right to do so. I didn't like your attitude in this thread.
You're right, I got confused with someone else, I pray for your forgiveness (no sarcasm). Sorry.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellimac
Fishos why don't you hate USA ?
Hopefully you're being sarcastic.
Old 2003-12-14, 22:21
Wish of eternity...

Send a message via ICQ to Firephoenix
I've got there under the hand a book "why do people hate america", that looks full of good arguments. But I havent the time to read it at all.

All what I know is that many people keep up hating countries for crimes of the PAST, and that's more than lame. Concerning the recent events, I myself just hate my own country, and I'd prefer to live in the USA (even if the americans are a little too proud of themselves and not altruist enough, as most citizens are). If we want a better world, it'll be WITH the US, not AGAINST them.

------------

Take a time to visit the Relentless Movie Project page.
Old 2003-12-14, 23:11
master of electronica

It's cool to hate Bush and the US. Just like it's cool to be anti-religion.
Old 2003-12-14, 23:16
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
Yes thats true, while there is many reasons to hate the US I do think that quite a lot of people are only doing it because its "trendy".

My own personal reasons are mostly to do with the stupid gun sitution there...one of the few compliants you can level at most of the citisens as well as the govenment.
Oh, that and creationists.....arg...how they currupt the american education system is disgusting -_-
Old 2003-12-14, 23:32
Wish of eternity...

Send a message via ICQ to Firephoenix
Boah, we know about nothing on the appearance of the "humans" on earth, all what we have is a bunch of monkey bones....yah know, I think it's more important to understand WHY humans are the way they are rather than HOW they may have evoluated and moved for millions years.

What really lacks at school is a lesson of humanity, knowing the worthless things the science says about the origins of humans (it doesnt explain at all our human features) will never make anyone any better.

------------

Take a time to visit the Relentless Movie Project page.
Old 2003-12-15, 00:05
What is this place?

Send a message via ICQ to Atresica Send a message via AIM to Atresica Send a message via MSN to Atresica
Hate? To hate over 200 million people is a bit rash don't you think?

I dislike aspects of the US
Its government
Its additude towards other countries
Its hypocritical econimical behaviour
The over-religious nature of the country
and its cluelessness

US politics nowadays is about everything I dislike.

However, to hate an entire population because of dumb actions because of its government? Hardly, no, I even feel sorry for these people that they're kept clueless about everything and that every nasty bit about the government is hidden beneath a thick layer of pseudo-patriotism (since when are you patriotic if you let your government do what it wants?)
Old 2003-12-15, 00:45
Hello

Send a message via MSN to Gustav Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosFish
People, what's wrong with you... Gustav, Medur, most of other people here, why do you hate the USA? You hate it's culture, you hate Bush, and you think americans are stupid.

This is really starting to annoy me. Stop with it already. Or at least state a good reason for this.
Thanks for informing me! I didnt know!
Old 2003-12-15, 00:57
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firephoenix
Boah, we know about nothing on the appearance of the "humans" on earth, all what we have is a bunch of monkey bones....yah know, I think it's more important to understand WHY humans are the way they are rather than HOW they may have evoluated and moved for millions years.

What really lacks at school is a lesson of humanity, knowing the worthless things the science says about the origins of humans (it doesnt explain at all our human features) will never make anyone any better.

Dude, either evolution is right, or god faked a hell of a lot of stuff too try to trick humans. (monkey bones? How about hundreds of thousands of catalogued species? fosils. How about evolution we see before our eyes in bacteria? How about the countles species we have witnessed adapt to urban eviroments?).

Not to mention according to creationist the world isnt nearly even a million years old...which means god would have to fake tens of thousands of years of chemical traces, magnet pools flipping, ice ages, atmospheric changes and continants moving.

Thats an awfull lot of of effort to go too for no reason.

Creationists are poluting the US education system to an extream degree, almost all the critisms they level at Evolution are false.
(ie, its mostly due to them that people think evolution says humans evolved from monkeys)

Worse, they damage peoples attitudes to science and logic by spewing lies about them. You really should see some of the nonsense books they got over there.
("Science tells us that humans involved from monkeys, yet if that is true, why are there still monkeys?" )

Science/Evolution might not explain humans 100%, but it explains quite a lot.
Creationisms dont tell you bugger all about ANYTHING.

The bible may have a lot too teach about morals, but about biolog,anthropology, and geology it knows nothing.

Worse, by attempting to teach people these things it damages their chances of ever being able to understand evidence, and they grow up in ignorance of a science they believe is wrong mearly because someone has told them about it badly.

---
And as for "not making anyone any better", you REALLY should look at the base's of modern medicine.
Knowing evolution is helping us save lives every day, and gives us strong warnings why its bad too overuse vacines.
And, if your not worried about saving lives, maybe you should also know that computer chips are designed using basic evolutionary rules.
Knowing how evolution works is extreamly important and the more we understand its fine points the more powerfull a tool it becomes.

Last edited by Darkflame; 2003-12-15 at 01:02.
Old 2003-12-15, 00:58

Send a message via ICQ to Lightwing
A lot of Americans are generally brainwashed...I'm not going to go into details, but those people in US that are spoiled, near-minded and socially deprived are mainly part of the Baby boomer generation. The Baby Boomer generation of America is really the part of the nation which is often hated. Its the one that's careless, lazy and stubborn (aka Homer Simpson). The baby boomers fucked it up for everybody else (mainly their kids) and thus the trend of stupidity and degredation continues. Although in the past decade I have noticed a gradual development for brighter personalities (aka more tolerance, notion of the outside world, discipline, etc..)
Old 2003-12-15, 01:11
master of electronica

Creationsim doesn't neccessarily mean that the world is younger, nor that evolution does not occur. I know a creationist who got his doctorate in biology and a phd in physics who believes that mutations occur, animals adapt to their surroundings and evolve because of them, micro evolution occurs etc...but does not accept we all evolved by chance from single cells (or whatever, I'm not well versed in this) nor that evolution can create such drastically different species.

Actually, I can't remember what he said exactly, and all the stuff above could be bullocks, but there are different levels of Creationism and they aren't all insane right wing fucktards. Nor are all religious people, something that the MBN doesn't seem to be believe is true (the way "religious" people are assumed to be stupid and backward and even immoral really is beginning to annoy me actually.)

Just to let you know, before I get any personal attacks from smart people, I believe in evolution, or rather, evolution with the involvement of a God.

Last edited by CS2x; 2003-12-15 at 01:19.
Old 2003-12-15, 01:37
Classic

I believe you are talking about "inteligent design", which is slightly more believable then pure creationism.
(however, almost all creationist thoerys do indeed paint the earth as far younger then science does)

However, im having a go against those schools, nah, states, in the US that have baned Darwins books from schools.

Im having ago at those places that teach the bible as science.
Which is as stupid as looking for morals in genetic codes.