Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > General
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

General The general chatting goes on in here. That means talk about the LBA games and its world.

Old 2019-06-10, 18:17
Look beyond reality.

The MBN of 5 years ago would be a beehive of activity right now... Nobody got the MINDBLOWING e-mail update this morning?

Quote:
Hello Twinsuners! This last weekend, the LBA and Wayô teams met in Lyon, the hometown of Adeline Software and Twinsen! We celebrated the successful Kickstarter project so far, and by surprise, we reach 40k just in time for the half way of the campaign! We will soon post a beautiful picture of the founders of Adeline and LBA: Yael Barroz, Frederick Raynal and Didier Chanfray!

Some people asked us to have stories about LBA's development. Believe us: we have a LOT of stories to share! Most of them will be into the booklet of the CD, and released later online for everybody, in English and French!

In middle time, Philippe dug his archives and did a miracle: his old Atari 520, which was boosted with more RAM modules, with its PRO-24 (digital audio workstation) and all the floppy disks from Alone in the Dark and Little Big Adventure, is still alive and works very well!

Stay tuned and share the project until the end!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190610_181732.jpg‎
Views:	39
Size:	129.4 KB
ID:	10258  
Old 2019-06-10, 22:38
Magic Ball Master

For some reason I am not getting those e-mails but I have seen that photo yesterday in Philippe FB.

Lol, I actually was the one asking for the stories by replying to Serge Pagnol comment. Really great to hear they are going to take the time to put that on the booklet.

Also, not sure this is known, but we have a small piece of Symphony done for LBA here:

A full version of the 2Dark theme here:

TwinEngine v0.2.1 win32 beta released - open source re-implementation of the LBA 1 original engine.
[Discuss]|[Download]|[Changes]|[SourceCode]|[Issues]

The Sacred Carrot website
Old 2019-06-14, 13:08
Twinsunian Quetch

Send a message via MSN to Quetch Send a message via Yahoo to Quetch
cool update

Also, a very heart-warming update :

Hello Twinsuners! Last week, we were in Lyon to meet the original team of Little Big Adventure 1 & 2, but also Alone in the Dark and Time Commando!

On this picture, you can recognize (left to right) Frédérick Raynal (the famous director of the games), Yaël Barroz (graphic designer, artistic director) and Didier Chanfray (graphic designer, artistic director, game designer, current LBA rightsholder) - the original founders of Adeline Software and creators of Little Big Adventure!

Didier has a little word for you:

« I am very grateful to everyone and for all the support to this project! Last week I was with Yaël and Fred, and we still are very surprised to see that Little Big Adventure is still alive into people's hearts. This is very motivating and thanks to you, the Symphonic Suite will have excellent conditions for its creation. Thank you again and see you soon! »
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mail.jpg‎
Views:	95
Size:	219.9 KB
ID:	10260  
"Because we don't know when we will die, we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well, yet everything happens only a certain number of times, and a very small number, really. How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood, some afternoon that's so deeply a part of your being that you can't even conceive of your life without it? Perhaps four or five times more, perhaps not even that. How many more times will you watch the full moon rise? Perhaps twenty. And yet it all seems limitless." --- Paul Bowles
Old 2019-06-18, 21:56
Magic Level: Yellow Ball

And we reached stretchgoal 4. I think we'll get a few euros ahead 50.000€ but we won't reach the 75.000€ one.
Old 2019-06-19, 17:05
Twinsunian Quetch

This is major:

Quote:
After 30 days of a beautiful campaign, we reached 550 backers, €45,000 (around $50,000) and 3 stretch goals! Thank you everybody for your amazing support!

For this occasion, Philippe Vachey decided to share with you a very precious video... a look at the new version of the LBA's Theme for the Symphonic Suite! Of course, this is a "mockup", without a real orchestra sound, without a real mastering and mixing... however, we are very thrilled to give you this present! Please, share it around you on social network, and let's enter into the legend all together!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UL_P1M5sQJg

"Hi everyone! You're awesome!
We've reached a new goal…☺ Thanks a lot!!!
We’re now on the way to next step, more or less 10 days before the end… and the beginning of a new musical adventure… Please do share the good news!" ― PhilV
"Because we don't know when we will die, we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well, yet everything happens only a certain number of times, and a very small number, really. How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood, some afternoon that's so deeply a part of your being that you can't even conceive of your life without it? Perhaps four or five times more, perhaps not even that. How many more times will you watch the full moon rise? Perhaps twenty. And yet it all seems limitless." --- Paul Bowles
Old 2019-06-19, 18:39
Look beyond reality.

I am freaking out. I am freaking the hell out. God damn this is cool.
It's simply awesome. I don't know what I was expecting but it wasn't this. Wow. LBA3 feels so close now I can almost touch it.
Seriously, I've been so fucking nostalgic these days I'm re-watching the Fred/Didier LBA1 speedrun and re-reading LBA Prequel threads. I was already a mess in that regard and now Vachey hits us with this. Holy god damn.
Old 2019-06-20, 21:26
Magic Level: Fire Ball

This brings back so many memories If LBA3 somehow came about, my dream job would be to help in its creation.
Old 2019-06-22, 11:01
Lba1+2=3

We're up to 6 backers on the €800 pledge now! All aboard the hype train!

I've dusted off my big box copies of LBA 1 & 2 so I can get them signed
^^^
Old 2019-06-22, 23:51
the legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bot13 View Post
The MBN of 5 years ago would be a beehive of activity right now...
True that...

Polaris: "And what is a guitar doing in the middle of an asteroïd anyway?"
sgk: Think of it this way: it's like a message in a bottle. In our world, we put a message inside a bottle to protect it while it travels through the oceans to reach some other island. In other worlds, they put a message inside an asteroid to protect it while it travels through space to reach some other planet. In this case it is a gift, a guitar, rather than just a message.
Old 2019-06-25, 03:38
New efforts! :)

And we're over €50.000 and reached stretch goal #4: A new symphonic composition by Philippe Vachey!

I think this is as far as it gets (considering there are only ~4 days left) but it's really heartwarming to see how successful the campaign is!

Take a look at the blog!

LBA:LID Demo v1.0 HERE
Report bugs here! Thanks Alexfont!
----------------------------------------
Take a look at Vindish's mod!
Old 2019-06-25, 20:00
Magic Ball Master

The amount reached is pretty good considering the total backers. I was expecting way more backers on smaller amounts, but guess we got the opposite.

There is a topic on facebook where it is still possible to reach the 75k if some of the lower backers bump the value. Not sure that will be possible, as there was a reason ppl didn't gave from beginning.

TwinEngine v0.2.1 win32 beta released - open source re-implementation of the LBA 1 original engine.

Old 2019-06-25, 20:56
Twinsunian Quetch

A message from Didier :
Old 2019-06-26, 08:42
Magic Level: Red Ball

Djdndkdbdkdbdkfesjskshsk

The last words of Didier " LBA n'est pas prêt de s arrêter"!!!!!!

LBA3 / LBA sequels is coming my friends!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 2019-06-26, 13:20
Twinsunian Quetch

I know, that's why I shared it I soooooo hope so man!!!
Old 2019-06-26, 13:28

Yes I'm very excited too, it's amazing this last sentence of D.Chanfray! That means everything, we will have the right to another LBA, it can be the 3 or a spin-off!!!!

( sorry I use translate google, for speak english )
Old 2019-06-26, 14:42

Old 2019-06-27, 10:15
Polly parrot

But we'll still be able to buy the cd independantly, right ?
Old 2019-06-27, 13:38
Twinsunian Quetch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polaris View Post
But we'll still be able to buy the cd independantly, right ?
mmm not sure... I think it's just within the Kickstarter confinement. But why don't you pledge for the basic thing with the CD? That way it's guaranteed you'll get it.
Old 2019-06-27, 18:50
Magic Ball Master

I think you will be able to get it digitally, but physical versions only on Kickstarter.

Old 2019-06-27, 22:22
Master of Science & Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archas View Post
Djdndkdbdkdbdkfesjskshsk

The last words of Didier " LBA n'est pas prêt de s arrêter"!!!!!!

LBA3 / LBA sequels is coming my friends!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hold your horses there, let's not get overexcited.
Old 2019-06-27, 22:30

For me is the most amazing declaration for hope LBA3.

Sorry for my bad english. But it's a real good declaration.

i'm very excited !!!!
Old 2019-06-27, 23:30
the legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmuerte View Post
Hold your blue horses there, let's not get overexcited.
^ Fixed

Polaris: "And what is a guitar doing in the middle of an asteroïd anyway?"
sgk: Think of it this way: it's like a message in a bottle. In our world, we put a message inside a bottle to protect it while it travels through the oceans to reach some other island. In other worlds, they put a message inside an asteroid to protect it while it travels through space to reach some other planet. In this case it is a gift, a guitar, rather than just a message.
Old 2019-06-29, 18:56
LOLwut?

Hell yes, this is happening! I contributed at the last minute, but yay!! Do you guys realize this is the first bit of official good news on LBA since 1997? Awesome.

Old 2019-07-02, 13:42
LBA fan

Does anyone know if it's possible to somehow pledge after the Kickstarter has ended? I forgot to tip in :/
Old 2019-07-03, 00:09
Magic Ball Master

I don't think its possible, but try to contact them.