Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > Off topic
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Off topic General off-topic chat goes in here.

Old 2016-10-18, 18:20
Quetching a Mr.

My Busy Summer ( Full Of Programming )

It's really funny because in reality, I'm an artist. I think computer science might be a good hobby of mine for many reasons though. I've posted very few of my arts on the MBN, but still haven't posted more - better get on top of that soon.

This summer once I got out of high school, I figured it was time to do some work still, but on a different note. First thing this summer, I began learning how to use the Unity game engine. I can make some pretty good games now, and although not in the professional sense, I am well on my way to making that happen.

Second, which was honestly about a month ago or so, I began to hex edit Fred's AITD. Amazingly, I solved the algorithm for the way in which the models are stored in the game, and although I cannot ( even today ) edit it perfectly and put it back in game in that sense, I have been able to edit the compressed files. Thanks to Gravel and Xesf, I was able to figure out some more file information / structure. Without the links Gravel gave me, it would have been extremely difficult to figure out more file info. I have been able to view AITD models in 3D using the Unity engine - it's been awesome! For the first time I was able to see AITD models in higher than 320 x 200 resolution!

Finally, third, I've been ( I'm all over the place by now - I know ) learning how to program Nintendo 64 roms. I bought an Everdrive 64 cart off of Amazon.com yesterday, which I assume is being shipped from Japan, because it's not going to arrive until November 10th - 30th. With that, I'll be able to play any game on the system from any region, but additionally, be able to homebrew already existing games, and even develop my own for the first time ever.

There is this one user on YouTube known as, "marshallgs" who has become familiar with the N64 - he has his own car racing game. He has a video in which he shows various examples of his, and another where he shows his N64 in half, with a cartridge / board of some sort soldered to the N64 cart port, and plugged up to his computer on the left. And on the right, he can test his compiled code on his CRT tv - that's so awesome! This guy gives me hope for being able to do it for myself soon. If any of you are interested, you can look up Shaun Taylor ( A.K.A DragonMinded ) on Google. For a few to several years he worked on his own library called, "libdragon" to be able to edit information in the N64, which makes it all possible to edit / produce N64 games. Marshallgs even stated that he used libdragon in some of his videos.

So, before my mission, I'll still be doing what I have been doing, but less and less until the time comes before I go. I'll have plenty of reading and preaching to do when I'm out in the, "field". It will either be near the ending of this year or beginning of next - still unsure.

Any of you guys been pretty busy, or in preparation for something big lately? Besides that MBN meet in Holland?
Old 2016-10-19, 13:38
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
Wow. Sounds like you learned a lot and had some great success's already
Good luck with your homebrewing. I enjoyed messing about with the NintendoDS no end a few years back (sadly Nintendo3DS homebrew hasnt really taken off the same way)

For me I have mostly been working, game prototypes. Porting my engine for Web/GWT to LibGDX.
Soon, however, i am going to try to help out with this project though;
http://swellrt.org
As I can in turn use that project to resurrect a older project of mine;
http://arwave.org

I badly need a lot more spare time though :P barely play any games these days.

Tags
aitd, hex, n64, program, unity