Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > General
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

General The general chatting goes on in here. That means talk about the LBA games and it's world.

View Poll Results: Would you like to see this website made?
I dunno 6 17.14%
Yes 25 71.43%
No 4 11.43%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2003-05-29, 01:35
The return of

Twinsun Ultimate Lba website?

People over here love info concerning lba, its like somthing glowing in the dark, we dont get much from the light. Now i wanted to break open a little window in the wall of this dark room, open up all the info people want/need to know. I want to make a site with vast amount of info, i also want it to be there for all people, all langiages, all gamers. I want to make a site promoting the games, preparing LBA3 for its arrival, and im optomistic its gonna be made. I see, in my point of view, that lba partially failed due to lack of correct advertising, and the general market demand for adventures. Sure the demand was there back in 94, but the problem remained with the "first looks". I wanna make a site wich makes the lba series appealing to all consumers, rpg, adventurours, sims, strategy. I want the real lba feeling to spill over the people who visit the site, i have plans on what the design should look like, what backround music to be played. I plan on creating and using my own renders to capture the lba feeling when needed. The i plan on releasing some old work, a sort of "lba guide" where people get in depth details of the function of every item, what each charecters role it, and a walkthrough. Also i can have a little place of my own where i can give the most indepth detail on f4-toys available, what is happening behind the scene, that is more analysis, that it is a collecting of info. The mbn is a nice place, i dont want there to be forum competition with this place, we need a place were all the lba fans are united. The site i wish to make will be independant, i.e. no magicball network signs, but i hope, that if i make it, el makes it the information center for lba. I hope to have it in as many languages as possible, on my part arabic and english, maybe hebrew, dutch, hungarian, brazilian, japanese, etc... Whoever would be able to perform the translating job well, will get controll of the site section with his language. Also, in the summer vacation, ill order remaining stocks of lba1, and have them distrubuted via the site, its pritty cheap, but this idea still needs a considerable amount of money. Adressing the problem of allocation of resources for the projects, i hope to write a document on every project made, and what it needs, how long, and my own suggestions.
My talent lays in 3d modelling, ive recently mastered many advanced techniques in a bid to work with a company. GIES I SPENT 6 MONTHS AND WENT FROM AMATUER TO HIGH INTERMEDIATE. I wont say the word advanced till ive prooven it. So what im suggesting here is a 3d section, ill make tutorials as i create 2 chrachters, twinsen and funfrocks agent. Ill get some info on how to model with effieciency and precision, how to texture. Then i want to lighten up the place a bit with a very peacefull lba design. Basically i wish to make a very light coloured site, once im finished making the site, ill contact pvachey for some midies, if everything goes well, ill contact fred and ask him for the right to distrubute lba freely, by downloading it from the site. I will hopefully get some photos of f4-toys and the people this year, july 1st ill be in france, if all goes well. I want to start lba programs, were we can EFFECTIVELY help the our cause. Why just sit and wait for lba3 when we can make an influence? Arnt we one of the very few fans who are very close to the team?
Articles, ill share a database of articles. I havnt shared them because some include personal information on fred, and some other members of his team, fred will have to personnaly view its content before i post it up.
I plan on using techniques which attract the usual gamer. 1st and foremost, choosing a name which a normal gamer would find interist in, i must admit, Little Big Adventure, the name, was disastorous, and relentless wasnt much better. Twinsens odyssey was ok, but still not attractive enough. Havnt thought of anything yet for this,

Lba3, now who on earth dosnt like to read info on this? Well, he might not be an lba fan, but i will request some new info, and i will put an indepth look at it, and when, or how it might come out.

There is so much, but im lost, and dont now what to adress next, i want YOU the lba fan to tell me what you think make suggestions for what you would like to see, voice your opinion
Old 2003-05-29, 06:58
Party animal

Send a message via ICQ to Reek Send a message via MSN to Reek
OK.
A fine initiative.
I'm sure many members here will help you out, (i'll try too once the summer holidays start)
I wish you good luck!
(and btw, i hope there's going to be a documentation of adeline's 'transformations' so far, etc)
Old 2003-05-29, 07:10
Magic level: Ice Ball

Send a message via MSN to morshem
All righty Axx. We spoke about all that in #lba a few days ago. The idea sounds very, very good actually.
However, I would avoid a forum in such a site. Too many people are just dedicated to the MBN, and as you said, all LBA fans should be united.
The idea sounds very good though, I'm sure such a site will succeed.

I may help you too (especially with the translation).

I really hope the site will do well!
Old 2003-05-29, 12:41
(formerly) lots of numbers

Send a message via MSN to LukeNoNumbers
This sounds like a magnificent idea. As Anakin said, many people here would be willing to help.
Old 2003-05-29, 15:00
Magic Ball Master

Oooo, nice idea, I'm always willing to help promote the great adventure genre, and would be happy to help in any way I can.
Old 2003-05-29, 16:00
LBA fan

No.
All the community should be focused in one single site, which is the Magic Ball Network.
An attempt to create something else would only lead to division, and I think that would be bad for fans.
The MBN can provide everything you mentioned. And besides, there'snt such a "large" amount of info. Before having big ideas you must have the content.
IMO, it will not succeed - the Ultimate LBA site is and should be the MBN, and that can't change.
Old 2003-05-29, 16:24
weee

Quote:
Originally posted by Medur
No.
All the community should be focused in one single site, which is the Magic Ball Network.
An attempt to create something else would only lead to division, and I think that would be bad for fans.
The MBN can provide everything you mentioned. And besides, there'snt such a "large" amount of info. Before having big ideas you must have the content.
IMO, it will not succeed - the Ultimate LBA site is and should be the MBN, and that can't change.
You stole the words from my mouth.

The only thing we need is El to get his lazy butt and start working on the MBN!! j/k
Old 2003-05-29, 20:04
What is this place?

Send a message via ICQ to Atresica Send a message via AIM to Atresica Send a message via MSN to Atresica
*agrees with Medur and Cf*
Old 2003-05-30, 18:52
Mageling at heart

Quote:
Originally posted by Medur
No.

having one single community is nice but having one single fansite would just be restrictive and silly. there used to be so many lba fansites... all the most popular games out there have at least a few fansites. one single fansite is just... :\ i can't explain it. good games = lots of fans = lots of fansites.

ergo /me thinks axx should go ahead ^_^
- kirsty maccoll
Old 2003-05-30, 23:54
Ben Folds live

Send a message via MSN to Lucifer
Hmm I dunno...

The idea sounds very good, but I also prefer one main place about LBA. Maybe we could make a combination.
Old 2003-05-30, 23:56
The return of

atresica, i showed you what sort of articles i found on mirc... The project ill be iniciated on june 13, considering the size of the task, i think it may take several months to finish, probably in august ill have the first part uploaded
Old 2003-05-31, 11:48
Master of Science & Magic

Quote:
Originally posted by ChaosFish
The only thing we need is El to get his lazy butt and start working on the MBN!! j/k
Old 2003-05-31, 12:08
Previously Link

Quote:
good games = lots of fans = lots of fansites.
Ye, that's right, i agree.
Go on Axx... Do it, it's a very good idea.
Old 2003-05-31, 12:20
weee

Quote:
Originally posted by El_Muerte
OMG El! I never saw you using that smiley before!
Old 2003-06-01, 00:00
Mageling at heart

he must be really shocked ^_^
- kirsty maccoll
Old 2003-06-01, 00:49
The return of

Quote:
Originally posted by Kieron
he must be really shocked ^_^
amazing chaosfish's mbn name hasnt been exterminated yet (el is still in that period of shock, a period of shock is always accompanied by a perioud of , well, extreme anger:P)
Old 2003-06-01, 22:41
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
Originally posted by El_Muerte
OMG! El used the "" smiley!!!!

/me --->
Old 2003-06-07, 11:56
A few steps behind you...

Sounds like an intresting idea actually.. and with many languages thats very good
Old 2003-06-07, 12:56
the Cursed

Send a message via ICQ to CrOvAx
A very good and interesting idea, allthough the MBN alone could also be good enough, as allrdy some people said.

Can't you just join forces with El? Can't we just 'all' help El out where possible to make the MBN a number one site for not only LBA die-hards but also the less dedicated newbe's only to spread the word of the greatness of LBA all around the world?
I'm sure that there are plenty enough people who have ideas, can and want to help making MBN an even greater site then it allrdy is. As long as it is coordinated by the site-maker himself the MBN won't loose any of it's greatness but will only grow. And it will save El some work.
So when we team up there could be additional sections about the things Axx mentioned on a central place which has allrdy be discovered by many gamers. The other languages can be done by the people from those countries. Furthermore you allrdy have a good url and layout, which you can't easily beat.

So I should say; let's team up and make the MBN an even greater and more indepth site then it allrdy is !
Old 2003-06-07, 15:44
weee

For first step, El should give me the power to add fan art to the MBN!!!
Old 2003-06-07, 16:19
Somewhere

Send a message via AIM to ellimac Send a message via MSN to ellimac Send a message via Yahoo to ellimac
Hum...

Having a lot of different and independant websites all around the world is very interesting too. It shows the personnal vision that each of us has for Little Big Adventure, wich is more constructive imho.
Don't you think it would mean the end of all of them if a single ultimate site would be done ?

LinX:
* vote for LBA here !!!
* find out what raynal said A LONG TIME ago here !!!
* get to listen to my midi version of LBA's Theme here !!! (or (the beginning of) my own LBA's Theme mp3 version??)
* See my 1st Franco parade drawing here !!! (and relentlessly encourage me to finish the 2nd one!)
* Wish me happy birthday more than 6 months late here !!!
Ok elli, let's just STOP here, ok???
Old 2003-06-10, 19:18
Magic Level: Fire Ball

Quote:
Originally posted by ellimac
Hum...

Having a lot of different and independant websites all around the world is very interesting too. It shows the personnal vision that each of us has for Little Big Adventure, wich is more constructive imho.
Don't you think it would mean the end of all of them if a single ultimate site would be done ?

maybe it's better if the info about lba is in more languages but i guess this site is already a bit "the mekka" for lba fans. Because i never saw a site like this one about lba. Much more to find here why should you wanted to create another one?
Old 2006-12-09, 18:33
The Gangster

Send a message via MSN to RickMelo
well good luck for do that
more sites its better =p
Old 2006-12-09, 18:39
Master of Science & Magic

don't revive ancient threads.