Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > LBA Modifications > LBA Modifications - General
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Old 2004-05-29, 17:42
Magic Ball Master

get the xmi files to play in lba (yaz0r you may be able to work this one out)

ok heres all the things i've tried:

1. converted midi's into xmi using miles studio, when put into hqr, it doesn't work, just no sound
2. converted tstandard midi into differents types, 1, 2, and 3, then converted it to xmi, still no sound
3. then i renamed all of them from .mid to .xmi, game shuts down as soon as you open it

i tried eveything, and it don't work. theres no sound when you convert it to xmi, and it shuts down the game straight away when you put normal midi's in.

also whats weird is when i extract an lba file, and on mile studio select file type, it tells me it's a standard midi, not an xmi one, when with the one i converted it tells me there xmi midi's.

does anyone know the problem, and could make a converter, or tell me if there are any older midi 2 xmi converters in which i can try out?

Xchanger is there such a tool?

Or just the imagination of a boy...

amygdala

Old 2004-05-31, 00:11
Magic Ball Master

i've tried everything, and there aren't a lot of programs out there to do the conversion.

And the ones that do, they just don't play.

amygdala

Old 2004-05-31, 10:39
Welcome to Zirla!

Send a message via ICQ to Battler Send a message via AIM to Battler Send a message via MSN to Battler Send a message via Yahoo to Battler
1. Do you hear the music with the original XMI's (I mean in LBA)?
2. If not, then you're not alone. I too don't hear any MIDI music from any DOS game (including LBA and Wolfenstein 3-D). Then, use LBAWin.
If yes, then it's a file format problem. Maybe there are many XMI formats, try all of them.
Old 2004-05-31, 22:07
Magic Ball Master

it's a file format problem.

I'm using lba win, and know i'm editing the right hqr file as i have moved the files around inside it, and it does change the music.

but when i add my own xmi file created by Mile Sond Studio, it doesn't work, the game doesn't crash, it just doesn't play

amygdala

Old 2004-06-01, 08:47
Welcome to Zirla!

Send a message via ICQ to Battler Send a message via AIM to Battler Send a message via MSN to Battler Send a message via Yahoo to Battler
Maybe the Miles Sound Studio supports various XMI formats. Be sure to choose the right one (test with all of them).
Old 2004-06-01, 13:07
Magic Ball Master

nope it don't have any other options, otherwise i would of tried them.

this is really a hard thing to do, since all the programs are limited out there, i was hoping yaz0r could give me some kind of info on it.

but thnx for the help o brasilo

amygdala