Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > Administration > Graveyard > LBA DM
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

LBA DM The general discussion about the LBA-DM Half Life MOD. [homepage]

Old 2003-07-29, 19:27
Magic level: Ice Ball

Send a message via MSN to morshem
Red face What is this project?

Sorry, but I'm apparently really dumb. A few questions:
What is Half-Life? Is it some computer game? What kind of a game?
What's a Half-Life mod? And what exactly will the LBA mod include?

Also, how far is the project so far? (just interested)

And considering all these dumb questions, do you think I can help somehow with this project?
Old 2003-07-29, 20:12
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
/me looks at first question

O_o

Im too speachless to answere.
Old 2003-07-29, 20:32
Magic Level: Red Ball

You are joking, right?
Old 2003-07-29, 20:54
Lauren...

Seriously, you need to get out of that kibbutz more, this is just...
well...

Just google for answers, please.

Intensity
Integrity
Intelligence

The 100.000th post on the MBN is made by me!
Old 2003-07-29, 20:56

Hmmm...
How about also answering me instead of continuing with stupid comments like these?

Quote:
Seriously, you need to get out of that kibbutz more
This comment was completely not in place, since I have seen about everyone in my school playing it.
Old 2003-07-29, 20:57
Lauren...

Quote:
Originally posted by morshem
since I have seen about everyone in my school playing it.

If you have seen it, why do you ask these questions, then?!

And why don't you look @ the LBA-DM homepage?!
</silly suggestions>

Intensity
Integrity
Intelligence

Old 2003-07-29, 20:59

Quote:
If you have seen it, why do you ask these questions, then?!
Because seeing people playing it doesn't mean you know what a kind of a game it is.
Quote:
AND WHY DON'T YOU SEARCH THE LBA DM HOMEPAGE?!
Beacuse it doesn't explain there what Half-Life is.
Old 2003-07-29, 21:09
Lauren...

Quote:
Originally posted by morshem
Because seeing people playing it doesn't mean you know what a kind of a game it is.
Of course it is! If you see just 1 minute of a game of Half-Life, you'll know it's a SHOOTER.

And, like my first comment. Just type: Half-Life in google and you'll get loads of info.

Furthermore, Half-Life is arguably the best game ever created and has gotten A LOT of awards, I can't believe you haven't heard of it.

===

And seriously, if you browse the LBA-DM homepage (you can't really have looked at it, since you'd click ABOUT if you don't know what it is and there it answers almost every question you ask, but it will cost you the effort of clicking a few links.

Intensity
Integrity
Intelligence

Last edited by HomerSimpson; 2003-07-29 at 21:15.
Old 2003-07-29, 21:16

Quote:
Of course it is! If you see just 1 minute of a game of Half-Life, you'll know it's a SHOOTER.
And what do you think, that I've got nothing better to do than just watch other people playing? What I meant is that I heard them talking about the game and playing it, I didn't watch them play.
Quote:
And, like my first comment. Just type: Half-Life in google and you'll get loads of info.
And would it just really hurt you to just explain me what Half-Life is, instead of leaving me to look at millions of pages?
Actually, Homer, this is something I noticed about you recently. Look at Evil Angel's nicknames thread for example, where you are the top poster with 7 replies, and at none of them you answered the question of the thread.
Quote:
Furthermore, Half-Life is arguably the best game ever created and has gotten A LOT of awards, I can't believe you haven't heard of it.
Maybe because I'm not very interested in computer games?
Quote:
And seriously, if you browse the LBA-DM homepage (you can't really have looked at it, since you'd click ABOUT if you don't know what it is and there it answers almost every question you ask, but it will cost you the effort of clicking a few links.
WTF? Of course I looked in the About section... where else do you think I would look for if I wanted information about the project?
Old 2003-07-29, 21:40
Lauren...

You've just proven my point (yet again).

In the about section, the questions you've asked are answered. The progress it there, what will be in the mod is there.

Also, there are handy links, the first one, for example, is the one which links to the page of one of the biggest Half-Life communities. Where, well this is going to be a very unusual thing, you can find out what Half-Life is.

Plus, if you say: I've SEEN kids play it, it is not really strange people take that as "morshem has SEEN people play the game", since that is what it says.
No one will think by reading that sentence: Oh, morshem has HEARD about it.

Furthermore: Do I need to remind you that wacko is a great helper at this forum, and I have some sort of reputation of being the 2nd link provider. Probably not.

Really sad btw, that you use Evil Angel's thread as a reference, since I only pointed out the forum rules and (also sad I need to point this out AGAIN), I answered the question in one of the threads I posted in my FIRST post.
It was YOU who started to make a big deal out of it. And it was YOU who actually said RUDE things to a REAL new guy (triplefiltered) who was also not aware(?) of the forum rules. Angel should been, since she's here for a few months now.

Has this something to do with the fact that he is a guy, and she's a girl? Most likely...

===

Yep, DF and Tricky couldn't believe your questions either, probably because it's all over the internet to find.
BECAUSE: If you click on the FIRST result of GOOGLE when searching for Half-Life, and then click on Half-Life on that site, you'll get your answers:

Taken from planethalflife.com:
"Originally released in November 1998, Valve Software’s debut title shocked pretty much everybody by delivering a truly groundbreaking, engrossing, single-player game along with a surprisingly fun and stable online experience. Half-Life went on to win over 50 "Game of The Year" awards from various publications and spawned a variety of successful modifications, add-ons, and mission packs. Today, Half-Life is still by far the most popular first person shooter online.
In Half-Life, you take on the role of Gordon Freeman, an innocent scientist who gets caught in the middle of a government experiment that goes tragically wrong, flooding the Black Mesa Research Facility with aliens and monsters. Fortunately, the government sends in the Marines. Unfortunately, they want to wipe out everything, including you."

So, if you did what I ANSWERED in the FIRST post, you wouldn't have to be so... so... morshem.
Mind you, I was the first one who actually gave you a suggestion on where to find answers.
---
NOTE: I'm still really nice to you (no name calling, or WTF's or anything).

Intensity
Integrity
Intelligence

Last edited by HomerSimpson; 2003-07-29 at 21:45.
Old 2003-07-29, 21:50

Hmmm.... I wonder if this is how you treat every person who says he wants to help with this project, or it's just because it's me .

You know what- forget it. I see no reason to even want to help you any more.
Old 2003-07-29, 22:00
Lauren...

No, it's not because of you, but if people start asking these questions, and you give answers, and they get all wind up about it etc. And drag other threads in it and make a huge deal out of it, etc. It starts to annoy you, just a bit.

Look at some other threads in this forum, and see what I said to other people who wanted to help, they didn't start being angry and calling me stupid. As much questions as they had, I answered them, so if you did that too, I would have been happy to help you.
But you're acting a bit like "it's me against the world" and that's not the case, man.

Intensity
Integrity
Intelligence

Old 2003-07-29, 22:07

Oh, really? Just look at your attitude. I came here asking shamely what Half-Life is, because I really wanted to help this project (since I'll do about anything for LBA). I had to wait 5 posts until someone bothered answering my question, and even then, it was with quite a rude attitude (believe me, it wouldn't hurt you to just explain what Half-Life is).
Therefore, I see no real reason to still want to help with this project. I wish you good luck in finishing it.

(apart for the fact that I still don't understand what a Half-Life mod is)
Old 2003-07-29, 22:16
Lauren...

Seriously, yet again: in my first post I already gave you an answer:
Google. It had the perfect match at the FIRST hit. That site where you were pointed to has ALL the information you want.

Besides, if you don't even know what Half-Life is, you can't be very usefull to the project anywayz, since you need to understand the HL editing tools, or you need to know how to make 3d models (which I assume you don't since you haven't helped the RMP for example, providing 3d models).

---

MY attitude wasn't rude AT ALL, btw. If you start being rude, you can't expect people to be all nice to you. BUT: I was, so that really cool from my side.
NOTE: I was the one who gave you a copy/paste answer later on, since you didn't click those buttons yourself, so if you want to be mad at me, please bear in mind I was the one who helped you.

======

And let me say again:
I'm NOT mad at you, or anything.

Intensity
Integrity
Intelligence

Last edited by HomerSimpson; 2003-07-29 at 22:52.
Old 2003-07-30, 15:04
into Dreams

Send a message via MSN to nights000
ok so we have found out that new commers really have no
commitment (not that im one to talk) but when i fisrt tried
to restart this mod i got a lot of stupid answers before getting
anywhere you need perserverance if you (morshem) actually want to
work on a project like this although not totally like this as its going no where but still something like this was meant to be
so if you have an attituded like that you will never be of any use
to any project i have let a few people on to this project
who where a lot of talk at first then went quiet and did jack
for tha project and i think you are one of thouse people.

Many a newbie has complained that we never help anyone to join this
project well i did and i got jack from it so i decided to let anyone
who wants to join to help themselves first (by looking at the homepage
finding out about things that they need to know, doing a few tutorials
to learn how to edit hl) then i would help them as much as they needed

but you cant just come to a board with a half hearted attempts to make us (well the project team not me anymore) feel bad just
because you want to build up a reputation of being a helpful guy/girl
all you will turn out to be is a person no one trusts (eg Chissy i think thats the name) and so i hold you in very low regard.

i have given my two cents good bye and good luck morshem
Old 2003-07-31, 10:12

Apart from not understanding even a quarter of what you're trying to say, I just have to comment on this:
Quote:
you will never be of any use to any project
Hmm... perhaps this explains why I posted at the RMP forum more than half a year before I even realized that the MBN has an off-topic section (I never considered myself a part of this project, but still I tried to help. And believe me, the "Project is going nowhere" thread was only with good intentions. Don't worry, I don't hold these opinions any more ), why I went over all of ChaosFish's LBA 1 translation and suggested improvements, why I'm currently translating LBA 2 (don't worry ChaosFish, I didn't forget about it yet ), but, above all these, why I'm currently the only active Twinsunica writer, the one who wrote more articles to it than anyone else, and the one who contributed to it more than anyone else (except for wacko, of course). Furthermore, no one in the entire forum contriubuted to any project he's not the leader of more than I contributed to the Twinsunica.
Old 2003-07-31, 11:00
into Dreams

Send a message via MSN to nights000
hello nice to meet you

well as long as you believe it will all be ok
won't it?

have fun with whatever you are doing
i didnt realise you were such a fundamental part or the forum
sorry to of offeneded the god o'this forum

toodles
Old 2003-08-01, 17:36
Hello

Send a message via MSN to Gustav Sweden
Well, most of you act stupid. If he doesnt know what it is, why dont you guys just answer him instead of just pretending to be HUGELY amazed of the fact that morshem doesnt know what HL and modding is (I dont think that was a very big surprise aight?). Also morshem, as usual, keeps nagging until it gets really annoying. Homer helped him out very well.
Morshem, you dont need to be rude whenever a person doesnt write 100% gramatically accurate and say taht you dont understand. I mean, if you dont understand what nights000 wrote there you suffer from autism or something, it wasnt really hard to figure what he was saying, and I think both you and I know that you knew what he was saying, but just needed to be rude because of the fact that he critisized you?
Old 2003-08-01, 22:27

Yeah, indeed, sorry. I was a bit rude. But still, make sure you're right before coming with such statements.
About the grammar- well, sorry, but anyone who knows me just a bit knows that I need a full diagram, otherwise I don't understand what you want to say .
Old 2003-08-13, 19:36
Back from the dead

well i aint posted for a while, so to keep up appearances...

lba-dm, is a mod for h/l which is deathmatch lba style.

plz dont rant cus i aint bothered to read the thread and dont really know what goin on
Old 2003-08-13, 19:40

I'll give you a small summarize:
I asked what Half-Life is, what a Half-Life mod is, and what an LBA Half-Life mod is.
For some reason, people preferred expressing their amazement over the fact that I have no idea what Half-Life is, instead of simply answering my questions.

So, I still have no idea what a Half-Life mod is.
Old 2003-08-14, 11:25

Just one more thing:
Quote:
Originally posted by HomerSimpson
And it was YOU who actually said RUDE things to a REAL new guy (triplefiltered) who was also not aware(?) of the forum rules.
Allow me to quote a private message I received from wacko a few months ago:
Quote:
This forum is not based on rules, those are just general stuff. What the forum is really all about is COMMON SENSE.

You DON'T have to reply every time you see a possibility. Before you post, think for yourself: is what I'm going to post a good addition for the thread? If not: DON'T POST. Try not only to see for yourself, but for the people in the thread.
This almost perfectly suits triplefiltered's posting behaviour.
Old 2003-08-14, 15:22
Back from the dead

right,
1st... Half-life is a game.. FPS, made in 1998, and was very well recieved. has 3 official add on packs. learn more by searching for this on google.

2nd.. A half-life mod is 'mod'ified files of half life which can change weapons, levels, basically anything.. even all of them.

3.. the lba - dm mod is a 'mod'ification of the half-life game in deathmatch, to make it more lba themed. by which i mean new weapons, meca penguin replace grenade, new characters, twinsen instead of gordon (the main person), and deathmatch maps like playing dm, in funky town.

i hope this has cleared up sum things. and mor i dont think ur 'that' retarded and did this for the sake of conversation (which i hope or ill sound like a dumbass)

hey look how much ive typed!
Old 2003-08-14, 18:42
Lauren...

Seriously morshem, why do you have to make such a useless post yet again. The forum rules aren't there for nothing, man.
Also, wacko didn't contact YOU for nothing.

===

Please do not reply to this fact, or statement because you know it isn't necessary.
And since Squirrel3of8 explained (yet again) what you wanted to know, please, only thank him or something and let this thread be.

Intensity
Integrity
Intelligence

Old 2003-08-14, 21:11

Quote:
Seriously morshem, why do you have to make such a useless post yet again.
What the fuck are you trying to say?
Quote:
The forum rules aren't there for nothing, man.
Are you purposely ignoring what wacko said there?
Quote:
Also, wacko didn't contact YOU for nothing.
Duh!

Quote:
Please do not reply to this fact, or statement because you know it isn't necessary.
I have no idea what you're talking about.
Quote:
And since Squirrel3of8 explained (yet again) what you wanted to know, please, only thank him or something and let this thread be.
Indeed. Thanks Squirrel, that explained pretty well what I wanted to know .
And no thank you Homer, for not answering my questions throughout a whole page . What Gustav said there is quite right actually.