Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > General
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

General The general chatting goes on in here. That means talk about the LBA games and its world.

Old 2014-11-03, 15:49
Magic Level: Green Ball

Review of LBA on Russian television in the mid 90s

This very funny TV show about computer games was broadcast on Russian television from the mid 90's and still exists.

Content review of LBA 2

Content review of LBA 1
Old 2014-11-04, 17:18
Magic Level: Red Ball

Send a message via ICQ to ras maxim
Strange, I remember commenting these videos yesterday, now my reply is gone. I said I remember the show, but haven't seen this episode and thanked you for the find. By the way, this "review" is really odd and is not is much of a review. They compare Twinsen with "The Good Soldier Švejk" by Jaroslav Hašek. They call the Spheroes "Lizards" and the Rabbibunies "Jerboas".
Old 2014-11-04, 18:53
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
How go you get from Sphero to lizard

Anyway, fun find.
Old 2014-11-05, 02:07

Send a message via ICQ to Lightwing
This is very funny.

Does anybody want a translation of the LBA bits?
Old 2014-11-05, 03:25
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
yes!
Old 2014-11-05, 05:47

Jokes and words of these guys are very difficult to translate. But I tried to translate video with LBA2. Maybe you can not understand what I wrote here. Their reviews - similar to the dialogue between them. The name of first guy is "Gameover" and next "Bonus".

Bonus: Hey! I ask all the same without naughtiness!

Gameover: With your permission, we will present to you the next game. This long awaited sequel of adventures of someone Twinsen - the character of "Little Big Adventure" serie.

Bonus: The second part is called "Twinsen's Odyssey". Genre of this game...genre of this game - a "quest", that is to say "adventure".

Bonus: It seemed to us that the word "odyssey" not quite suitable for this game. Because, what is "odyssey"? It's like campaign of responsible citizens, who clearly distinguished in the fog his only goal. But Twinsen is different.

Gameover: Or rather, "different" - will be a players, who try manage it. The essence of our campaigns best explains soldier Švejk - "this is journey disorderly people who are motivated primarily desire to mock themselves and others". Švejk called it - "anabasis".

Bonus: We are gone too far. (I don't know how best to translate this proverb-phrase maybe "We are tо make the cup run over".)

Gameover: ...too far. (...run over".)

Gameover: In the first game Twinsen saved planet from dictatorship and saved the compatriots from oppression. Apparently his exploits were appreciated, In sequel we will be able to visit the museum, the exhibition which shows the story of Twinsen's heroic deeds.

Bonus: But Twinsen not the same. Since that time, he became a respected citizen. He matured. And his wife, as you can see is pregnant. That is, to new adventures, he is not prepared. Well he is not ready and that's it.

Gameover: Need a good reason to ordinary citizen go into breaking bad. And such reasons was found. Flying in a thunderstorm, favorite dragon was struck by lightning. Apparently he did not consider the potential difference.

Bonus: Smoked animal fell on the house. It soon became clear, for the treatment of the dragon, you must get a rare medication located only abroad. Tender-hearted wife equips Twinsen to the road. Of course it is clear, Twinsen's adventure is not limited by searching of medication and it is likely to once again have to save the world.

Gameover: This we'll tell you when we themselves complete the game "Twinsen's Odyssey".

Last edited by NickZah; 2014-11-05 at 06:47.
Old 2014-11-05, 09:10

Translation for LBA1...

Gameover: Now we'll talk about the game called "Little Big Adventure".

Bonus: Liiitle, Biiig, Adventure.

Gameover: The game is very beautiful and should like to all and even to children.

Bonus: Furthermore the children cope with such tasks easier, because this game is not simple.

Bonus (kid voice): On a one distant planet, lying on the side of the busy space runs, in full accord lived four races. Or rather, even, four species of intelligent beings. Elephants, jerboas, humans and lizards. And all was well. and they lived well so far, if not there would be a once came a Mr. Funrock who began to manage others and to set his rules. Funrock name in literally translation means "fun rock".

Gameover (grandpa voice): And now kids, the protagonist goes to prison for dissent. And your first task will be - get out of jail and take part in further developments.

Bonus (kid voice): But we will not let ourselves be lulled by apparent Funrock's lightheadedness.

Gameover (grandpa voice): He maintains power by two ingenious inventions, teleportation and bio cloning.

Bonus (kid voice): But as it?

Gameover (grandpa voice): Using the first, and the last appearing anywhere and inhibit expression of discontent.

Bonus (kid voice): Wow!

Gameover (grandpa voice): Traveling across this muppet country, you will encounter quite with the harsh realities.

Bonus (kid voice): What realities?

Gameover (grandpa voice): Haaarsh...

Gameover (grandpa voice): Black space around the stage as if emphasizes the limited field of view of the hero.

Bonus (kid voice): And who has limited his the field of view?

Gameover (grandpa voice): Not "who"! "What"! Natural human capabilities.

Bonus (kid voice): Aah!

Bonus (kid voice): Kind jerboa taught you how to hide in a garbage truck and leave the protected area.

Gameover (grandpa voice): Periodically appears plaque - symbolizes the four possible mode of action. Normal, athletic, aggressive and sneaking.

Bonus (kid voice): Wow!

Bonus (kid voice): This one of jerboas, all of which were very nice.

Gameover (grandpa voice): In this game we are amazed and shocked by the behavior of elephants. Our people used to trust to elephants, from childhood. Remember the gentle songs and poems dedicated to this ostensibly good-natured animal.

Bonus (kid voice): Once there was an elephant,
Who tried to use the telephant -
No! no! I mean an elephone
Who tried to use the telephone.

Gameover (grandpa voice): In "Little Big Adventure" elephants have proven as faithful companions of Funrock and his henchmen for dark affairs.

Bonus (kid voice): Speaking very easy - they are very angry. And the game is very interesting.
Old 2014-11-05, 16:55

Send a message via ICQ to Lightwing
Nick, thanks!

After I made my original post, I finished watching the videos though, and realized that the LBA commentary is actually the least funny part. That's probably because there's little to make fun of about LBA.

Dark Forces and a few other games had interesting commentaries.
Old 2014-11-05, 17:39

More reviews...now Time Commando and Alone In The Dark and more Alone In The Dark.

Time Commando

Alone In The Dark

Alone In The Dark
Old 2014-11-05, 20:42

Oh my Godness... Why Jerboas? "Туффканчики" O_o

I think they made such a rewiev because they don't speek English.
I did not spoke English too at the time I played LBA II first time, so I ask my mom and dad to translate me the dialogs
Old 2014-11-06, 11:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroll View Post
Oh my Godness... Why Jerboas? "Туффканчики" O_o

I think they made such a rewiev because they don't speek English.
You just do not understand their humor. He talks like a little kid, who does not understand all situation in world of this game. Any of their review is a joke, this is not a boring review, where reveal the whole plot and other gameplay things information from the rear side of the jewel-box.
Old 2014-11-06, 12:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightwing View Post
Nick, thanks!

After I made my original post, I finished watching the videos though, and realized that the LBA commentary is actually the least funny part. That's probably because there's little to make fun of about LBA.

Dark Forces and a few other games had interesting commentaries.
Dark Forces -

Bonus: Recently in the world of show business there has been a new phenomenon - interpenetration of movies and computer games

Gameover: Known that in the near future will begin shooting the film based on the video game "Street Fighter" with Jean-Claude Van Damme

Bonus: And some members of the government have agreed to participate in the filming of the popular game "Crisis in the Kremlin".

Gameover: But today we have the reverse case - "Dark Forces" game

Bonus (sing): Dark forces oppress!

Gameover: Based on the "Star Wars" movie.

Bonus (sing): Star wars come!

Bonus (commander voice): Game extremely demanding on computer resources! And why?! Unclear! We did not detect a great surprises in the game! However the game has one advantage over other arcades! All missions have a specific goal! Get the secret plans! Activate secret generator! Steal secret enemy scientist! Etc!

Bonus (commander voice): Recall that the usual meaning of the game of this class is - kill everything and maim all that you see.

Gameover: However in "Dark Forces" you too will not succeed without murders. Faithful soldiers of dark empire will try to prevent the implementation of our plans and put a sticks in your wheels.

Bonus (commander voice): Foolish! They rush to meet his death

Gameover: What mysterious wind-up toys...why it is necessary for fighters of the dark empire?

Bonus (commander voice): To play! Moron!

Gameover: The game contains some illogical...for example if you kill soldiers in the room, after a while, they can self-arisen again. And the soldiers did not have talent of self-opening doors. Apparently only high commanders have this talent.

Bonus (commander voice): It naturally!

Bonus (commander voice): In between missions you'll see a short cartoons! On topics: Lord Vader dissatisfied, Lord Vader is angry, Lord Vader talks with Dmitry Yazov former minister of defense, Lord Vader furious!

Gameover: After you received a new mission to destroy enemy communications, destruction of defense, disinformation and disinfection - you can go on a mission.

Bonus (commander voice): As befits a soldier!
Old 2014-11-13, 05:17

Another Russian TV show with Gameover
Little Big Adventure (5:32-7:42)
Old 2014-11-13, 12:21
Classic

wow, awesome
We really should put these all somewhere.