Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > General

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

General The general chatting goes on in here. That means talk about the LBA games and its world.

Old 2006-01-17, 22:02
The return of

LBA3 interest

I havnt made a news article, and i dont plan to.

However, I can let you all know that I have recieved an email from a Russian publisher today who read the recent article "New Ludoid team - LBA3 presented to several publishers" and has taken interest in disscussing licensing agreements with Frederick Raynal regarding the publishing of LBA3.

This is very very good news, it shows interest in LBA3, and that on mention of LBA3 people are going to Fred to get LBA3 published, and not the other way round. This will also likely have an effect on Freds decision as to which game he would work on.

Keep your fingers crossed, hopefully this works out.
Old 2006-01-17, 22:07
/ʤæmfɪʃ/

That is absolutely BRILLIANT news!
My fingers are crossed... makes it damn hard to type...
Old 2006-01-17, 22:24
Member #174

Send a message via MSN to Assassin
Great news indeed! Let's hope this works out!
Old 2006-01-17, 22:41
Master of Science & Magic

odd... never knew publishers were searching for new games to publish in this way
Old 2006-01-17, 23:33
why do people hate Tralü?

I'm stunned...don't know what to say...the news keeps improving lately!
GREAT!! (still have my fingers crossed )
Old 2006-01-17, 23:56
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
Fantastic

Their is sane people left in the industry after all!

Fred still has quite a reputation amongst those in the industry so maybe that's whats causing the backing.
Old 2006-01-18, 00:00
!!!!!

Oh Em Gi.

LBA3... now tell me, wouldn't that be like, *totally* WEIRD? It's like, a fairytale prophecy
Old 2006-01-18, 00:03
/ʤæmfɪʃ/

Weird?? In what way? It is like a fairytale phrophecy, and it's all coming true. Was LBA 1 weird? Was LBA 2 weird? Why would LBA 3 be weird?
Old 2006-01-18, 00:04
!!!!!

I mean good weird, surrealistic weird. I didn't wait 10 year for LBA2...
Old 2006-01-18, 00:08
/ʤæmfɪʃ/

Neither did I. In fact, I didn't wait at all, because I had LBA 2 first!! LBA 1 came later...

And I suppose it would be quite surreal to have LBA 3 there, after such a long time...
Old 2006-01-18, 06:41
The return of

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Muerte
odd... never knew publishers were searching for new games to publish in this way
His email is verified, he wrote to me using his company email. Also, he wrote some details so that i may forward the entire email to fred, and i have done so. He mentioned other details, however im not posting them for the simple reason i shouldnt! If something works out, he'll let me know im guessing, and then ill make an official article.
Old 2006-01-18, 07:24

Send a message via ICQ to Lightwing
Russian, huh?
Old 2006-01-18, 07:38
Returning after 5 years!

Talking

Me, wait, LBA3, come out, buy, be happy.
Old 2006-01-18, 07:58
Look beyond reality.

I just had a conversation with link a few days ago, about lba3.
That Raynal should be emailed much more, instead of a list of questions every 3 months.
I guess you are going to inform Raynal though. I heard anyone here has his telephone-number (although that was years ago), maybe that's a better way telling him?
Well, indeed fingers crossed very tightly.
Old 2006-01-18, 08:39
The return of

Emailed any more and it would be harrasment, do you realise were one of the only fans who get to get direct news from the developer they are a fan of. Also, what more information could he possibly give me, and as you can see, he usually lets me know before hand when i should contact him next, e.g. in his last email, he hinted for febuary.

In any case, im preparing something for febuary, youll find out by then!
Old 2006-01-18, 14:32
!!!!!

No. I don't agree with you Axx.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axx
do you realise were one of the only fans who get to get direct news from the developer they are a fan of.
That is not true. True, Tomb Raider fans probably don't get that privilege, but back in the days the Fallout developers set up a forum where all fans could ask direct questions to them about the upcoming game. I posted there myself a few times and I got direct answers from Chris Taylor himself (the creator of Fallout).

Emailing more often will not be a harassment. That's the problem right there - treating Fred like he's holy. He is a great man and I'm a great fan of him but he is not actually holy. In fact, SpaceGuitarKid sent him an email about a fan creation and reported back he enjoyed the email.
I think Fred would actually like it if we be in more contact with him - and even if he might not like it - that doesn't mean we shouldn't try.
Old 2006-01-18, 14:41
The return of

Fair enough, lets say we email him more often, what will we ask him? See theres a difference, LBA3 isnt in production, and the work frederick raynal does at the moment is of no relevance to us, so personally i dont see the reason, and i didnt get his email for nothing. Politness, no one wants to hear the same damn questions everyday, even with long periods inbetween, there still isnt much new stuff. Only recently has there been al lot happening. Anyway, if LBA3 makes it into production, im sure we'll have more news. And anyway what im doing in febuary is better than 100 emails.
Old 2006-01-18, 14:47
!!!!!

We *should* be in contact with Fred, even if we don't make it productive. Reading letters from Fred to us irrelevantly to what he says in them will make our community stronger.
Whatever you're doing in February, how is it relevant to this matter?
Old 2006-01-18, 14:54
The return of

what?! Whats the point if it isnt productive, just to see some text he typed out? I disagree with you strongly. That is just harrasment to the point of being a niusence, emailing fred with no reason. For gods sake, he dosnt know anyone of us personally enough to tolerate it. Your the one treating him like he's holy, not me.

What im doing in febuary is productive, its going to give people something they want, and give fred something he wants to, everyones happy. Thats stratigical thinlking.
Old 2006-01-18, 14:59
!!!!!

I did say "more often", not "every day".

I think we should make a thread every month for gathering questions from MBN forum members. At the end of the month we filter all the pointless questions posted in the thread and send him an email with all the good questions posted.
Actually I'm gonna go with that idea.
Old 2006-01-18, 15:00
Hello

Send a message via MSN to Gustav Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosFish
We *should* be in contact with Fred, even if we don't make it productive. Reading letters from Fred to us irrelevantly to what he says in them will make our community stronger.
Whatever you're doing in February, how is it relevant to this matter?
Why would a mail from Fred make the community stronger? What is there to discuss with him that hasn't got to do with LBA3?

On the other hand, I don't get this "he will be annoyed" thing. It is not like personal "fan mails" from different guys who happen to be members of the forum will kill off Fred's contact with the MBN and axx. And it's not like he is David Beckham, I am sure he appreciates some "fan mails" since he doesn't get too many.

I think that I have to say that what we've heard now is the best news since 1998 on the LBA3 front. I look forward to february's news.

Btw, how come so many people know his adress? I have no idea what it is. Except the old [email address] . I never e-mailed the guy in all those years actually.
Old 2006-01-18, 14:03
The return of

save it till we get LBA3 sorted out first. Out of all the times to complain, this is the worst time. When febuary comes you can have all the questions you want to ask answered, and im talking about the little silly questions like whats the point of that bridge on citadel island in lba2, but for now do you mind being patient.
Old 2006-01-18, 14:06
!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustav Sweden
Why would a mail from Fred make the community stronger? What is there to discuss with him that hasn't got to do with LBA3?
Speaking for myself now, I'm not only an LBA fan but also a Fred fan. I'm not saying we should ask him "what did you eat for breakfast this morning?" but ask him questions about the progress of his companies, LBA3, etc.
I don't like it the way it is now, having a spokesman (with all the respect Axx). That's why I'm saying he isn't holy.
Old 2006-01-18, 14:11
!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axx
save it till we get LBA3 sorted out first. Out of all the times to complain, this is the worst time. When febuary comes you can have all the questions you want to ask answered, and im talking about the little silly questions like whats the point of that bridge on citadel island in lba2, but for now do you mind being patient.
Why is this the worst time? We're running late with that, we should have done that 4 years ago. From all times to come, this is the perfect time.

Oh and, "complain"??
Old 2006-01-18, 14:12
The return of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustav Sweden

On the other hand, I don't get this "he will be annoyed" thing. It is not like personal "fan mails" from different guys who happen to be members of the forum will kill off Fred's contact with the MBN and axx. And it's not like he is David Beckham, I am sure he appreciates some "fan mails" since he doesn't get too many.

I think that I have to say that what we've heard now is the best news since 1998 on the LBA3 front. I look forward to february's news.

Btw, how come so many people know his adress? I have no idea what it is. Except the old [email address] . I never e-mailed the guy in all those years actually.
See thats the point. When he sets up a company, email him all you want, when he's busy setting up a company and trying to get LBA3 into development, its not gonna get us anywhere.

I still think once a month of questions is ludacris, what the hell could we possibly ask him? See theres a difference between fan mail and questions. Fan mail is what everyone loves, who dosnt like it. Fan questions is a different story.

And i REALLY REALLY dont want to get febuary fucked up. Not this time, this isnt for me alone, this is for the whole damn community. And this time its gonna take time and money, and it wont be everyday that i can do what im planning on doing. And weve never had anything like it.

Not so many people know his address, and the person who leaked it deserves a smack on the ass cause its his private email that people seem to be getting hold of from someone i must have told. And the fact of the matter is, unless fred gave you that email, you shouldnt even think about emailing him on it. He'll have a work address soon when Ludoids website goes up. For example, didier chanfray has a work email, and a private email. I stopped using his private email when Little Worlds was set up. Again, he'll actually have to give it to you. Alternativly you could email the normal Little worlds website, and make sure you make it clear you want didier to read it.

Oh btw people, Little worlds just released 2 more games for DVD.