Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > LBA Projects > Twinsuniverse > Encyclopedia Twinsunica

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Encyclopedia Twinsunica The Encyclopedia Twinsunica is the older version of the Twinsuniverse, about the world of the LBA games.

Old 2002-10-12, 18:36
Magic level: Ice Ball

Send a message via MSN to morshem
A very good article, but I would write a bit more about Dino-Fly (especially considering the fact that there's no other value in the Twinsunica for it).
Old 2002-10-12, 18:53
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
These discriptions are getting much better now
Very detailed and interesting
Old 2002-10-12, 23:36
Magic Ball Master

Alas more. I've just added this on the Pharmacist in LBA1.

Pharmacist (I)

[stats]
Size: Medium
Race: Quetch

[official]
Quote:
Twinsen! What are you doing here? I heard you were arrested only yesterday!
Quote:
Impossible! Nobody gets out of the Citadel alive!
Quetch nurse in the Citadel
Quote:
You're being held here because you are a trouble maker. An informant told us that you claim to have prophectic dreams. Calm down, we're just going to dissect... uh, I mean... take care of you!
[fan]
This guy ran the Citadel Island pharmacy for a period during the reign of Funfrock. He was the 'informant' in the nurse quote, and was responsible for Twinsen's arrest. He obviously feared Twinsen, because he was very scared when he saw that Twinsen had managed to escape. He was eventually killed by Twinsen.

[role]
No paticular role, but is the main reason why Twinsen is in the Citadel. Also tries to stop Twinsen from getting a bottle of cherry syrup, within the pharmacy.

[related]
Bottle Of Syrup
Pharmacy
Lupin Burg

[authors]
Snapman
Old 2002-10-13, 08:00

Quote:
Originally posted by wacko
Vultures: that's a nameless character, and those are not in the encyclopedia. At least not for now. If you'd like to make an other article, first check it there's an empty entry for it .
Hmmmm........
Captain is a weird name for a Franco.
Not to mention Hairdryer Salesman for a quetch.
I have also never heard of a quetch named Pharmacist (actually, I haven't heard of a quetch, period. ).
And I know how cruel rabbibunnies can go with names, but to call their children Mentor of the School of Magic or Mies van der Rooh's Father (not to mention Pharmacist or Raph's Fiance, or even Teacher) is a bit too much, don't you think?
I'm not very familiar with Zeelichian names, but I would never name my son Emperor of Zeelich, Ferryman or Priest.

Did I make my point clear?

btw, Wacko, why didn't you add my Miss Bloop's Private Museum and Baggage Claim articles?
Old 2002-10-13, 13:16
Magic Ball Master

Morshem: Well, some charecters featured in the Encylopedia Twinsunica don't have actual names, but they have important roles in the two games and have names that they can be referred to.

Also, I added your Miss Bloop Private Museum article, and your Baggage Claim article had already been added earlier.

Peg Leg Street

[official]

Sign on Peg Leg Street:
Quote:
"Peg leg Street <Principal Island>"
Julia:
Quote:
"Go see Beatrice and tell here that Julia sent you. She'll explain all that better than I can. She lives on the outskirts of the Old Burg, in a house next to the sea, on Peg Leg Street."
[fan]
Peg Leg Street is a small street located just south of the Old Burg, on the southern coast of Principal Island. There is a house there, that belongs to a rabibunny named Beatrice, and what appears to be the ruins of another building just opposite Beatrice's house. There is a small islet south of Beatrice's house, which has nothing but a box used to store clover leaves. Peg Leg Street also has a road which leads to the Water Tower, another important area of Principal Island.

[role]
None, but going through Peg Leg Street is the only way to get to the Water Tower.

[related]
Principal Island
Beatrice

[authors]
Snapman

And also this one...

Twinsen's ID Card

[official]

When finding Twinsen's ID Card:

Quote:
"You've just rediscovered your ID Card."
Inventory description:

Quote:
"Twinsen's ID Card. This card allows you to identify yourself to the authorities. Your smile is especially attractive on the photo!"
[fan]
Twinsen's ID Card is just basically any normal ID card, with Twinsen's deatils on it. It is taken from him when he is arrested and thrown into the Citadel. It allows Twinsen to identify himself to authority figures, but given the fact that he is an escapee from the Citadel, and that Funfrock wants him dead, it is generally not a good idea.

[role]
None, but can be shown to several inhabitants of Twinsun.

[related]
Twinsen

[authors]
Snapman

Last edited by Snapman; 2002-10-13 at 13:50.
Old 2002-10-13, 16:30
Magic Ball Master

Morshem: you're right, but I can't think of a good way to index nameless characters. Characters like pharmacist are just called that because they're always referred to them like that.

I didn't add those articles because I probably missed them. I think Snapman now added everything.

Snapman: little thingy, after a header [tag] you should add an extra enter. Mainly because I did this on all before articles, and I'd like to have each article the same layout.

So not
Quote:
[tag]
text
but
Quote:
[tag]

text
Merci bien, mon ami.
Old 2002-10-13, 19:34
Magic Ball Master

No problem Wacko.

I also made this 200x200 .gif image of Peg Leg Street which I thought could be fairly useful. I made it in the similar style to the other pics used within the directory.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	peglegstreet.gif‎
Views:	306
Size:	24.3 KB
ID:	1411  
Old 2002-10-13, 20:15
Magic Ball Master

Excellent, I'll put it up.

[edit] tadaa

If anyone else would like to make pictures (icons) for the top-right corner pictures that's fine. Maximum should be 200x200 pixels, and if not transparent, a black border is nice. Use the id of the article as filename, for example Peg Leg Street is 150 (http://wacko.free.fr/lba/index.php?id=150) so that would be 150.gif/jpg.
The image should show the article's subject at one glance, so you immediately see what it was again.
Also, you don't need to make images for articles for which it has been done already, unless you feel you've made something better.

Last edited by wacko; 2002-10-13 at 20:23.
Old 2002-10-13, 21:03
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
I might start making some
Thing is, think we should keep "official" pictures and fan art seperate no?
Old 2002-10-13, 21:51
Magic Ball Master

Yes. But this is only about the 'icons', other pictures are not welcome yet . The icons should always be official anyway, usually a cropped/resized screenshot from the games, but for some characters there are better images available like the portraits from the official LBA2 site (all those have been added already).
Old 2002-10-13, 23:37

Well, I can't thing of any role the Teacher or Raph's Phiance have.
Old 2002-10-14, 15:17
Magic Ball Master

I've been moving articles around a bit... the species and characters are seperated again, and I'm going to link the quotes to the characters so you'll always see every quote of a character, and you can look up who said what. This way I'll also have to add the nameless characters, I'll just give them a small description. It's going to be huge .

(little sidenote: I've made a mass-move script only for this little work of characters moving around )
Old 2002-10-14, 16:36

Send a message via ICQ to Lightwing
The teacher tells you what happened to the kids when you speak to her after the crash. And Raph's fiance tells Twinsen more information about Raph so that you can track him down quicker.
And even if they're not important at all, its our job to take almost every single entity out of the game and index it in the encyclopedia.

Btw, me the editor is going pshyco. I don't know if I can keep up with all these articles. Keep 'em comming anyway though

P.S. Also, I have been contacted by various person(s) that there have been complaints reguarding my editing. If that ever happens, please instead of telling it to other people, the authors have it told to me. Just note the article(s) and problem and I'll be more then happy to discuss it. You see, i'm not perfect either, but I still want to dedicate towards this project. So if your not sure about something, or dissagree then feel free to call me.

Last edited by Lightwing; 2002-10-14 at 16:45.
Old 2002-10-14, 21:39
Magic Ball Master

OK, two more articles added, related to Principal Island:

Ruins
Port-Belooga

I'll make a picture for the Ruins a bit later.

I like the new idea wacko, having other charecters too, but wouldn't they be better filed under Generic Charecters? It'd make these charecters easier to find in the directory and would keep things tidier.
Old 2002-10-14, 22:46
Magic Ball Master

Right now I'm throwing everything into one directory called Characters. Later on I might split it up again. It's easier to index the quotes.

Note that there are about 2300 quotes still to be indexed, I'll call for help later, once the script is nicely working.
Old 2002-10-15, 02:57

Send a message via ICQ to Lightwing
Alright, but when you create the brief descriptions for all these characters don't include the quotes in the actual articles. Otherwise thats going to mess up the entire system.
Old 2002-10-16, 15:11

Why is Species separated from Characters again? It just makes it harder to browse through the characters' list.

And what's with the Generic Character and Signs in Chracters?
Old 2002-10-16, 16:02
Magic Ball Master

morshem-
Quote:
Originally posted by wacko
I've been moving articles around a bit... the species and characters are seperated again, and I'm going to link the quotes to the characters so you'll always see every quote of a character, and you can look up who said what. This way I'll also have to add the nameless characters, I'll just give them a small description. It's going to be huge .
The 'Generic characters' article is to bind all useless quotes to, like "Hello Twinsen" and "good day". The Signs entry is to bind quotes that Twinsen reads from signs.
Old 2002-10-18, 14:28

You didn't explain why they are separated.
Old 2002-10-19, 14:59
Magic Ball Master

That's so the characters are in one directory which makes it a lot easier. They'll probably be moved back when the quotes are done.
Old 2002-11-01, 06:56

Host is down again?
Old 2002-11-11, 21:41
1st of the Serpent Riders

Send a message via AIM to D`Sparil Send a message via MSN to D`Sparil
My first article submission: The Citadel

[fan]

The Citadel is a state-of-the-art detention facility which houses those who speak out against the will of Dr. Funfrock. It is, in fact, a copy of a portion of Funfrock's own fortress on Fortress Island in the Northern Hemisphere. It's personel consists of five nurses, each armed with nightsticks, two doctors, neither are armed, and one Super-Grobo clone. On the outside, it is protected by two quetch clones, each armed with a multi-shot rifle.

After the fall of Funfrock, the denizens of Citadel Island destroy the Citadel. It's ruins can be found amongst the cliffs, a mere shadow of what terror it used to represent.

[Role]

The Citadel is where Twinsen's adventure begins in LBA 1. He is placed in the second cell and is soon visited by a nurse who states infamously, "Stop sqiurming, prisoner Twinsen". After dispatching the nurse, and the doctor at the opposite end of the room, Twinsen proceeds through the monolith of metal and rock.

Eventually, he finds a nurse's outfit and proceeds to the upper floors to deal with the final nurse and doctor and escape to his freedom.

[Related]

Funfrock's Secret Fortress
Cliffs

[Author]

D'Sparil

(Edit: Making it proper submission style as per page 1)

"I can't believe it! There are two of 'em in this cell! Open the doors! I'm gonna put the funny one in his own cell." - Security guard on Otringal

Last edited by D`Sparil; 2002-11-12 at 04:41.
Old 2002-11-11, 22:33
1st of the Serpent Riders

Send a message via AIM to D`Sparil Send a message via MSN to D`Sparil
Rebellion Island, Harbour, and Rebel camp

Rebellion Island-

[fan]

The crescent shaped island located in the Southern Hemisphere of Twinsun is Rebellion Island. Subject to constant bombings by the forces of Funfrock, the rebels have waged an ongoing war, tearing down the teleportation pads, destroying all the clones, and vanquishing the presence of Funfrock from it's shores. However, their freedom comes at a costly price since much of the island has been destroyed.

[trivia]

The original name of Rebellion Island is unknown since most of the signs on the island have been destroyed.

[author]

D'Sparil

Harbour-

[fan]

During the war, access to the harbour of Rebellion Island was only possible if one was bearing a flag with the mark of skull and cross-bones. If the flag was not presented, those attempting to approach the island would be driven off by machine-gun toting rabbibunnies. Under heavy bombardment, the harbour is all but destroyed. The rebels have built trenches and a protected docking platform as to better protect the grounds and mobilize troops on the high seas.

[role]

Twinsen, and a group of rebels, depart from the harbour to the Hamilayi Mountains to free Colonal Kroptman. On this mission, Twinsen is allowed passage to the Northern Hemisphere.

[related]

Kroptman
Okojo Pass
Rebel camp

[author]

D'Sparil

Rebel camp-

[fan]

Located at the center of the island, the rebel camp is where new recruits are brought to train their marksmanship and use of explosives. The entire based is camoflaged and therefore bombing is kept to a minimum.

[role]

Twinsen arrives here looking to assist the rebels in any way necessary. When Twinsen arrives he is given the mission to free Colonal Kroptman from the Funfrock base at the Okojo Pass.

[trivia]

According to the game, the camp is located at the center of the island. However, when Twinsen drives there in his buggy, it is clear that the camp is at the end of the island, not the center.

[related]

Kroptman
Okojo Pass

[author]

D'Sparil

"I can't believe it! There are two of 'em in this cell! Open the doors! I'm gonna put the funny one in his own cell." - Security guard on Otringal

Last edited by D`Sparil; 2002-11-12 at 04:48.
Old 2002-11-12, 06:36

*stares at the screen for a few minutes*

Oh my god, that's amazing writing!
Well done for these articles.
Old 2002-11-12, 11:44
Magic Ball Master

Excuse me for the late response, didn't notice those.

Thanks for those articles, I'll add them in a sec.

Done. Indeed very nice written articles, love it.
Small side note: next time use [authors] and not [author] .

Last edited by wacko; 2002-11-12 at 11:51.