Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > LBA Projects > Twinsuniverse > Encyclopedia Twinsunica

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Encyclopedia Twinsunica The Encyclopedia Twinsunica is the older version of the Twinsuniverse, about the world of the LBA games.

Old 2003-08-04, 18:09
Magic level: Ice Ball

Send a message via MSN to morshem
Coffee can

[official]

When finding the coffee pot:

Quote:
You now possess a coffee pot.
Inventory description:

Quote:
Coffee Pot. You must return it to one Lanktir who lives next to the bazaar on Proxima island.
Linktir:

Quote:
If you give me back my coffee maker, I'll give you a list of certain places where you can find a rare plant and some boxes. And don't ask me where I found this list!
Sphero near the museum:

Quote:
Well, well. It seems that you too have found an authentic secret map of Captain LeBorgne! Do me a favor would you? Give Lanktir, who lives next to the bazaar, back his coffee pot. I'm so ashamed, I should have given it back long ago.
[fan]

The coffee pot is a machine used to make coffee, pretty rare on the planet. It is owned by Lanktir, a grobo residing in Proxim-City at Proxima Island. With this machine, Lanktir can make himself coffee, probably his favourite drink.

[role]

Looking for information about LeBorgne the pirate, Twinsen came across the library, where a nice grobo kindly read him information from LeBorgne's log book. Asking about LeBorgne's lost treasure, Twinsen received very instructive information about how to find it. Upon following the exact steps as described in the log book, Twinsen found himself just next to the Proxima Museum. Once there, a sphero appeared, handing Twinsen the coffee pot. By returning it to Lanktir, Twinsen received as a reward a list of all places where he could find clover boxes.

[related]

List with clover boxes locations
Lanktir

[authors]

morshem
Old 2003-08-04, 18:56

Hair dryer

[official]

When buying the hair dryer:

Quote:
You've just bought a hair dryer.
Inventory description:

Quote:
Hair dryer
Hair dryer salesman:

Quote:
Can't seem to sell a single hair dryer here. One of my colleagues is already out there trying his best. If this keeps up, I'll have to move on to another island.
Quote:
30 Kashes for a hair dryer, how about that? I normally sell them door to door, but customers are sparse, and you seem nice enough.
Quote:
I've been trying to sell this hair dryer ever since I was on Principal island! Come on, I know you can use one for 30 Kashes.
Quote:
Aah, I see that you too have come to Proxima island. You remember me, I sell hair dryers. Look, I'll sell you one for only 30 Kashes, but only because it's been a slow day.
Jerome Baldino:

Quote:
I've been working on a Jet-Pack prototype for days now. It's a small reactor that harnesses onto your back and allows you to fly about. My problem is that my last test flight wreaked a bit of havoc on the garden wall. It is rather difficult to fine tune the motor's power. I need a rheostat like the one you find in a hair dryer. Do you think you can find one of those for me?
Quote:
So you found a hair dryer? Great! I'll be with you in a minute, just let me install the rheostat.
Quote:
I've been working on a Jet-Pack prototype for days now. It's a small reactor that is harnessed on the back and allows its user to fly about. My problem is that my latest flight test wreaked havoc on my Southern wall. So I'd like to borrow the rheostat in your hair dryer to fine tune the power of the motors (from looking at your hairdo, I don't think you really need the dryer, anyway). And if that works, I will have a job offer for you.
[fan]

This hair dryer is just a rather common hair dryer, used to dry one's hair. By blowing hot air, this device ensures a dry, smooth hair. They are quite unpopular around Twinsun, making the life of the poor hair dryer salesman rather difficult. If anyone is interested in buying one though, then it is quite likely to meet the salesman at your local island.

[role]

In a search for a way to walk around the Maritime Museum in complete safety, Twinsen came across Jerome Baldino's residence, where he heard about the grobo's plans of building a proto-pack. Understanding that this would ensure him flying around the museum without touching the floor, Twinsen was ready to fullfill any of Baldino's requests in order to complete the proto-pack. Since Baldino told Twinsen that he would need a rehostat like the one found in hair dryers, the quetch went out on his way searching for one.
In no time at all, Twinsen came back to Baldino's, possessing a hair dryer he was able to buy for 30 kashes from the hair dryer salesman. Twinsen handed Baldino the hair dryer, and the latter completed in a short time his work on the proto-pack. Being a bit confused maybe, the grobo suggested Twinsen 10 kashes in order to test the proto-pack. Twinsen, of course, agreed to the deal, and was thus the proud owner of a proto-pack. The quetch was then able to fly around the museum in complete safety, without being caught by the clones.

[related]

Hairdryer salesman
Proto-pack
Jerome Baldino

[authors]

morshem
Old 2003-08-04, 21:18

List with clover boxes locations

[official]

When finding the list:

Quote:
M. Lanktir gave you his list.
Inventory description:

Quote:
Locations of several clover leaves and boxes: There is a box for clover leaves in the sewers of Citadel island, and another in the basement of the tavern; one clover leaf is guarded by a soldier who is located behind sandbags. Another is guarded by a clone in the middle of the ruins on Principal island. Another one is on the roof of the Maritime Museum. Another is guarded by a groboclone to the right of the Teleportation Center's entrance. Another is guarded by a soldier in front of FunFrock's fortress.
Lanktir:

Quote:
If you give me back my coffee maker, I'll give you a list of certain places where you can find a rare plant and some boxes. And don't ask me where I found this list!
[fan]

This list is actually a small note, listing all places where one could find a clover box around Twinsun. This list was owned by Lanktir, a grobo residing near the bazaar in Proxim-City. The note looks quite old, and perhaps passed from hand to hand several times.

[role]

By returning Lanktir the coffee pot on behalf of the sphero he met near the museum, Twinsen received this list as a reward. With it, Twinsen was able to know the locations of all clover boxes around the planet, thus being able to find them much more easily. Twinsen did not find any use for the list after finding all clover boxes.

[related]

Clover leaves
Lanktir
Coffee pot

[authors]

morshem
Old 2003-08-05, 15:06
Banned

Twinsun Book Of Bu

Has anyone noticed the spelling error in ET with Book Of Bu, it is called Book Of B instead.
Is there any more failures?
Quote:
Hey, we need some music in here!
Old 2003-08-05, 15:31
Magic Ball Master

Re: Book Of Bu

Great articles as always, morshem.

Quote:
Originally posted by bunnyrabbot02
Has anyone noticed the spelling error in ET with Book Of Bu, it is called Book Of B instead.
Is there any more failures?
Yes indeed, might be a problem with morshem's Hebrew system setup. I'll correct it asap.
Old 2003-08-05, 17:47

Yeah, thought so. The computer I'm using now has some problem with Hebrew. I'll try not to touch any item with special characters while on this computer .

Thanks for the compliment about the articles, and btw, I asked there two questions which I don't think you noticed .

Last edited by morshem; 2003-08-06 at 14:20.
Old 2003-08-06, 15:47

Nitro-meca-penguins

[stats]

Effective against: all enemies
Firing rate: slow
Damage per hit: medium
Range: short

[official]

When retrieving a penguin:

Quote:
You have a Meca-Penguin.
Quote:
You just acquired a superb Nitro-Meca-Penguin. Select it in the inventory and it'll explode a few seconds later.
Inventory description:

Quote:
Meca-Penguin. Red clones just hate this stupid toy.
Quote:
You can use the Nitro-Meca-Penguins by placing them in a level and unencumbered area.
Keypad inventory description:

Quote:
Keypad that controls a digital locking system. Once placed on one door inside the Teleportation Center, it allows access to a room filled with Meca-Penguins.
Old-Burg rabbibunny:

Quote:
Someone made a mistake in the address and sent me this object by accident: it's a keypad that opens a door at the "Teleportation Center". This opens a room full of meca-penguins.
[fan]

Although looking quite innocent, these clockwork "toys" are much more dangerous than one may think. Launching a nitro-meca-penguin will result in the penguin exploding, a few seconds later. People like collecting them as weapons, or sometimes just as toys, apparently unaware of the dangers they may cause. Additionally, some of the rabbibunnies rebelling against FunFrock use them sometimes for practicing, shooting them as fake targets.
During FunFrock's reign, the evil tyrant created a technology capable of cloning the different species. For unknown reasons, the red grobo clones seemed to be very fanatic about these "toys", playing around with them at any opportunity they got.

[role]

During his two quests for defeating FunFrock, Twinsen was sometimes required to use not only the basic weapons, such as the magic ball or the sabre, but also some special weapons. For that, the nitro-meca-penguins came in handy. Although they weren't too much of a use, Twinsen was able to make some use of them at some points of the game. During his first adventure, they especially came in handy against the red grobo clones, as they disturbed these, enabling Twinsen to go past them or defeat them more easily.
To retrieve such penguins, Twinsen usually had to buy them, although he was able to find some for free around the planet.

[related]

Groboclones

[authors]

morshem

Wow, I did a weapon article!
Old 2003-08-07, 11:54

FunFrock's Sabre

[stats]

Effective against: all enemies
Firing rate: slow/fast (depending on behavior)
Damage per hit: lots
Range: melee

[official]

When finding the sabre:

Quote:
You've just stolen Dr. FunFrock's saber!
Inventory description:

Quote:
Magic Saber, once the Saber is in hand, key to strike. It is the most powerful weapon on this planet. You can use the Magic Ball again by reselecting it.
[fan]

During FunFrock's reign, the evil tyrant used to own a sabre, an extremely powerful sword like weapon, capable of defeating most creatures on the planet. FunFrock, however, did not use the sabre very often. Instead, he preferred to lock it inside a safe at FunFrock's headquarters in Principal Island. This safe was guarded by a few clones, sometimes even a clone of FunFrock himself.
The way one uses this sabre may vary, and depends on his behaviour:
Normal: Hitting the enemy by walking forward and cutting.
Athletic: Jumping back once, then forwards to hit the enemy.
Agressive: Acting extremer than in Normal mode, also jumping and turning a couple of times at the enemy.
Discreet: Using the sword as silent as possible, acting the least aggresive.

[role]

Coming to FunFrock's headquarters to look for the plans of the Teleportation Centre, Twinsen came across the safe at which the sabre was stored. After defeating FunFrock's clone, as well as a red grobo clone that was also in the room, Twinsen was able to safely reach the safe. By freeing a grobo that was captured in the headquarters, Twinsen retrieved the key to the safe as a rewrd, and could then open the safe where the plans of the Teleportation Centre were supposed to be found. Instead of the plans, he found there FunFrock's sabre, as well as a note from his own neighbour addressed to FunFrock. Twinsen probably realized that the sabre could come in extremely useful, and therefore decided to steal it from the dictator.
The sabre, as Twinsen thought, came in very handy indeed. With its aid, Twinsen was able to defeat some creatures he wasn't able to bit beforehand, such as the red clones. The sabre came in handiest at the Well of Sendell. Since FunFrock was only beatable with the sabre, Twinsen had to use his tricks and smarts in order to defeat the evil tyrant and save his planet.

[related]

FunFrock
FunFrock's Headquarters

[authors]

morshem
Old 2003-08-07, 13:03
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
Originally posted by morshem
Thanks for the compliment about the articles, and btw, I asked there two questions which I don't think you noticed .
The "anything related?" questions you mean? I should check on that
Old 2003-08-07, 13:04

No, I meant these:
Quote:
wacko, I looked at some parts of the thread, and realized you said at a few points what percent of the articles is written already. How exactly do you know that? Did you just check manually, or is there another way to know?
Just wondering what percent is currently done .
Quote:
Hey, no Southern Hemisphere article? I just looked at the Southern Hemisphere item... Doesn't really look like an article... especially when comparing it to the big, extended Northern Hemisphere one...
Old 2003-08-07, 15:26
Magic Ball Master

Aha, sorry.

1) I did a query selecting all empty articles, and divided that by the total number of articles. That gave a rough percentage. Right now that's about 20%, so 80% of the articles have *some* content. Not bad at all

2) It was probably never properly finished. Feel free to add more, but that's for all articles.
Old 2003-08-07, 16:33

Blowgun

[stats]

Effective against: yellow enemies
Firing rate: fast
Damage per hit: little
Range: medium

[official]

When receiving the blowgun:

Quote:
You now have a blowgun. It fires darts fast and accurately.
Quote:
The Blowgun provides rapid firepower. You can reload it with small projectiles, such as berries.
Mentor of the School of Magic:

Quote:
Bravo Twinsen, you have earned this blowgun. It provides accurate and rapid shots.
Quote:
To practice for your Blowgun Test, simply go through this door at the back of this room. You'll then have a limited time to shoot all the targets.
Aristide:

Quote:
I can't, I just can't!!! I heard some alien dudes landed on Twinsun, and I didn't even see them! I tried for days to do that blowgun test!
[fan]

The blowgun is a small metallic tube, which is used as a pretty handy weapon, although being pretty rare around the planet. By reloading it with various projectiles, such as berries for example, it is possible to fire fast and accurate shots. These weapons are given as rewards to any pupil of the School of Magic who successfully passes the Magic Ball test. The object itself is long and thin, coloured red and grey.

[role]

Upon passing the Magic Ball test as part of his studies at the School of Magic, Twinsen received the blowgun as a reward. With it, he was able to walk around more safely around the planet, capable of defeating the rival esmers more easily. Although using this weapon very occasionally, it could come in handy sometimes.
Once reaching the Mosquibees Village, Twinsen had to pass the Test of Truth as a proof his good intentions. By passing this test, he earned as a reward a blowtron, a similar to yet more powerful weapon than the old blowgun, thus replacing the no-longer needed blowgun.

[trivia]

After fully graduating from the School of Magic, Twinsen was able to come back to the room at which he passed the Magic Ball test. With his blowgun in his possession, the quetch found the test much easier, being able to reverse the magical symbols more conventiently thanks to the fast shot provided by the blowgun.

[related]

Blowtron
School of Magic
Mentor of the School of Magic

[authors]

morshem
Old 2003-08-07, 17:21

Quote:
Originally posted by wacko
1) I did a query selecting all empty articles, and divided that by the total number of articles. That gave a rough percentage. Right now that's about 20%, so 80% of the articles have *some* content. Not bad at all
Hmm... I think it's mainly because all these items to which I added the related threads...
Old 2003-08-07, 17:54

Blowtron

[stats]

Effective against: green enemies
Firing rate: fast
Damage per hit: small
Range: medium

[official]

When finding the blowtron:

Quote:
You just found the blowtron. Use it to shoot faster and more powerfully.
Inventory description:

Quote:
With the blowtron, you now dispose of a much higher firing rate.
Queen Astrid:

Quote:
Excellent Twinsen! You just grabbed the blowtron! This weapon makes you our equal. You are now welcome in the village of the Mosquibees and we will help you reach the island CX. I not only own the key to the passage which leads there, I will also open the doors for you as soon as we arrive!!
[fan]

Pretty similar to its "twin weapon", the blowgun, the blowtron provides an even faster firing rate, making it a slightly better weapon. Its widest aperture, as well as it's thicker size, enable it to be loaded with larger berries. These weapons cannot be found anywhere around Twinsun, and are also pretty rare around Zeelich as well. They can only be found down in the Under-Gas, in the Island of the Mosquibees. Whoever passes the mosquibees' Test of Truth will be rewarded with such a weapon, making him an equal of them.

[role]

Desperately searching for a way of reaching Island CX, Twinsen reached the Mosquibees Village, where he encountered Queen Astrid. So that he could prove the suspicious queen of his good intentions, the young quetch had to pass the Test of Truth. Upon passing the hard challenge, Twinsen received the blowtron, making him an equal of the mosquibees. Twinsen then threw away his old blowgun, which he no longer needed.
The blowtron could come in handy sometimes, although it's hard to point an exact place where it was extremely vital in the quetch's adventure.

[related]

Blowgun
Queen Astrid
Challenge room

[authors]

morshem
Old 2003-08-07, 18:18

Weapos

I thought it would be cool to have a Weapons article .

[fan]

Any item that falls under the category of weapons, is capable of causing a certain amount of damage upon the enemies, beinging them closer to death. One exception is the Wannies Glove, classified as a weapon as it enables throwing back fire balls at the rivals.
With the aid of these items, one is able to wander around more safely, as they ensure him a specific level and opportunity of defence. Each of the weapons causes a different amount of damage, and each one has its advantages as well as disadvantages.

[role]

Being under a constant threat, either as part of a whole planet, or simply as an escapee, Twinsen could not have survived if it wasn't for the weapons. Without them, the clones, the esmers, or any other enemies would have been able to defeat the quetch pretty easily. With the aid of the weapons, Twinsen was eventually able to defeat his opponents, using his tricks and smarts.
Twinsen acquired different types of weapons throughout his two adventures. From small darts to deadly sabres, each weapon was special in its own way. Extended info about each specific weapon may be found in the articles dedicated to them.

[related]

Blowgun
Blowtron
Darts
Emperor's Sword
FunFrock's Sabre
Laser-pistol
Magic Ball
Nitro-Meca-Penguin
Wannies Glove

[authors]

morshem
Old 2003-08-08, 19:01

Quote:
Originally posted by wacko a long time ago...
I've been moving articles around a bit... the species and characters are seperated again, and I'm going to link the quotes to the characters so you'll always see every quote of a character, and you can look up who said what. This way I'll also have to add the nameless characters, I'll just give them a small description. It's going to be huge .

(little sidenote: I've made a mass-move script only for this little work of characters moving around )
Hmm....
Since you didn't link yet, and I don't see it coming in the close future, wouldn't it be a good idea to re-divide the characters into species?
Old 2003-08-08, 19:25

Tim

[stats]

Size: medium
Race: rabbibunny
Age range: adult

[official]

Tim:

Quote:
Hi, Twinsen. With this storm, I've got lots of customers and I don't have one minute to myself.
Quote:
I don't have the time, Twinsen. Ask Luc, the boss!
Quote:
Twinsen, you have no business being here!
Quote:
What a story, those guys showing up from the Emerald Moon, what a story!
Twinsen:

Quote:
Hello Tim.
[fan]

Tim is a pretty reckless rabbibunny working as a waiter in Chez Luc at Citadel Island. He seems to be a very dedicated waiter, always willing to happily serve the demanding cutsomers. It seems he would work in any conditions, even in the storm or in hot days. Additionally, it is recommended not to sneak into the basement of the pub, as an unpleasant experience would be Tim trying to kick you out of there. Tim seems to be the only worker at Chez Luc, except for Luc himself, of course. Luc, the manager and the bartender of the pub, seems to be pretty fond of Tim.

[role]

Perhaps due to him being a bit busy with the demanding customers of the pub, who especially came in during the storm, Tim was not able to help Twinsen very much. Unlike most of the characters the quetch met during his adventures, Tim was not able to give Twinsen any useful hints, not even about Raph's whereabouts.

[trivia]

Using some of his tricks, Twinsen was able to steal some money from Tim. Since Fab's way of paying Tim was to throw the kashes towards him, Twinsen managed once to sneak in, and steal the money before Tim even realized what was going on.

[theories]

It is unknown why, but every time Tim ran up or down the stairs of the pub, he dropped and fell on his back. The mysterious rabbibunny refused to reveal the real answer for these mysterious falls.

[related]

Chez Luc
Luc

[authors]

morshem

Last edited by morshem; 2003-08-08 at 19:30.
Old 2003-08-10, 20:39

Characters

[fan]

Both Twinsun and Zeelich are, of course, the home to many different characters. Each character has got its own race, gender, age and, of course, personality. The characters are divided into eight main races, four races on each planet. The four main races of Twinsun are quetchs, grobos, rabbibunnies and spheroes, while in Zeelich the four main species are sups, francos, mosquibees and wannies. Additionally, there are some other characters, who don't fall under any of these categories. These characters are classified as "Others", and are usually pretty rare around the two planets.
Extended information on every single character may be found in the items dedicated to them.

[role]

When reviewing Twinsen's adventure, we are able to divide the dozens of characters he met into four main groups. Each group contains characters who had a role more or less suitable to the type of the group.
The first group contains characters who had no role at all in Twinsen's adventure. They were just there, not being able to help the quetch with anything particular. Two examples of these might be Kurtz or the teacher of the school.
Also, there were people who could give Twinsen just small hints about his current mission. When searching for the lighthouse keeper, for example, Twinsen asked around the island for any possible information about him. Many characters, like Pat or Fab for example, could give Twinsen small hints about his whereabouts. This motive of hint searching repeated itself many times during his two adventures. Also in this group, we can fit bazaar sellers, who sold Twinsen some goods, but were not vital in his adventure.
The third type of characters the quetch met were of a bit further importance. These people helped Twinsen carrying out a certain mission, or sometimes even more than one mission. Without these people, the quetch could not have carried on in his quests. Chedil Amiradoo, for example, sold Twinsen a wizard parade outfit, without which the quetch could not have gone to Zeelich and continue his adventure.
Then, in the fourth group, we meet those characters who were extremely vital in Twinsen's adventures. These people were of a great importance, forming big parts of the adventure. Without them, the adventures would have looked completely different. In this category, we can fit Zoé, Baldino, Dino-Fly, and, of course, the evil tyrant himself, FunFrock, to name a few.
To sum up, we can spot four different groups of characters that Twinsen met, each one containing characters who had different roles in the quetch's adventures.

[authors]

morshem
Old 2003-08-14, 17:40

Mies van der Rooh's pass

[official]

When taking the pass:

Quote:
You now have the Architect's pass.
Inventory description:

Quote:
M. Mies van der Rooh's pass. This pass will grant you access to the Teleportation Center. You will still have to use Gawley's Horn on the left, after the first guard post.
Mies van der Rooh:

Quote:
You will need my card to get into the center. It is on the drawing table. If you do succeed in catching this vandal with his weird Horn, I would appreciate it if you would kick his rear end for me!
[fan]

Being quite a respected architect among FunFrock and his army, Mies van der Rooh owns this pass. This small card grants him access to the Teleportation Centre at Brundle's Island. The rabbibunny usually keeps this pass at his desk, on which he also draws his architecture plans. The card itself contains a photo of Mies van der Rooh, as well as his personal details.

[role]

Searching for the plans of the Teleportation Centre, Twinsen reached FunFrock's secret fortress, where he hoped to find the desired plans. Instead, along with FunFrock's sabre, he found a note from Mies van der Rooh, saying he took the plans for his house to work at. Wasting no time at all, Twinsen immediately made his way to Bug Street, where he managed to find the architect wandering around the street. The rabbibunny then invited the quetch over to his house, so that they will look at the plans together.
Once inside the house, Mies handed Twinsen his pass, and sent him to the Teleportation Centre. Upon reaching there, Twinsen handed the card to the nurse guarding the centre. He was then able to pass through the gate and enter the place, as the nurse accepted the pass and opened the gate for him.

[trivia]

By reading the description of the card in the inventory, Twinsen was able to gain a very useful clue- the description said that he would need to blow the Horn of Gawley at the sign in the wall.

[related]

Mies van der Rooh
Teleportation Center
Van der Rooh's residence

[authors]

morshem
Old 2003-08-14, 22:38

Key to the Heir's Room

[official]

When finding the key:

Quote:
You've just found the key lost by your ancestor Hégésippe.
Inventory description:

Quote:
Ancestral Key. Opens the secret compartment in Twinsen's house.
Sign outside the Heir's Room:

Quote:
"This room contains information and weapons that were amassed for generations to help the Heir who will, one day, be chosen from our descendants. The key to the room was passed down from generation to generation, but our ancestor Hégésippe was the last family member to retain the key. He was attacked and killed by the ruthless pirate LeBorgne during a sea voyage. Nobody knows where Leborgne's treasure, which undoubtedly contains the golden key to the room, is today."
Sign at the museum:

Quote:
" Captain LeBorgne's treasure. This chest contains the fruits of a lifetime of dishonesty. It was seized by the IRS, the only predator known to this terrible pirate. "
[fan]

This ancient key was passed throughout the generations at the Heir's family, until, one day, an ancestor of the family name Hégésippe was attacked and killed by the famous pirate LeBorgne while possessing the key. LeBorgne kept the key with him until the day he died, and eventually hid it somewhere among his treasure. However, until the days of FunFrock's reign, no one had any idea where the treasure was, as LeBorgne's log book was lost. Due to that, many people were looking for LeBorgne's lost treasure.
This golden key opens the door which leads to the Heir's Room, a room at which magical items were left to the Heir by his ancestors. The story of the key's loss is described in details at a sign outside the room, which was likely to be written by another ancestor, a short time after Hégésippe's death.

[role]

After finding the Book of Bù in the deadly Temple of Bù, Twinsen heard from the old hermit outside the temple that his family must have left information for him in his house. The quetch wasted no time, and immediately made his way towards his house, at which he found the secret cave near it. Reading the sing outside the locked room, Twinsen understood he has to find LeBorgne's lost treasure, and thus started asking most of the characters he met about information regarding LeBorgne.
Eventually, Twinsen reached the bazaar in the Old Burg, where he heard from the seller that at that very morning, LeBorgne's log was sold to the library. Looking for information in the library, Twinsen found a very instructive explanation about most of the things he ever wanted to know about the ruthless pirate, including detailed information about the treasure's location.
Following the instructions he read in the log book, Twinsen found himself just outside the Maritime Musem. After investigating a bit, it eventually turned out that he would need to activate the museum's alarm, as well as owning a proto-pack so that he could fly around safely without touching the ground. Once achieving both these things, Twinsen was ready for the actual "attack".
He entered the museum through a grate from the sewers, which he earlier made sure would be down there. Once inside, the quetch flew around slowly and silently, trying as hard as he could not to touch the ground. He eventually reached the upper level of the museum, where, at the corner of the room, he found LeBorgne's treasure. It took Twinsen only a few seconds of searching through the chest in order to find the desired key. Once possessing the key, Twinsen quickly left the museum, having no business there any more.
The next thing Twinsen did was going back to his house, opening the locked room. Inside, he found Gawley's Horn and Sendell's Medallion, as well as a sign telling him about the locations of the three Runic Stones around the planet.
Twinsen possessed the key until the end of his adventure, although he had no further use with it.

[related]

Twinsen's house
Maritime Museum

[authors]

morshem
Old 2003-08-15, 18:13

Little Vachond Street

[official]

Sign at the street:

Quote:
"L.B.A. Lupin-Burg sewer service Little Vachond street"
Helpful rabbibunny:

Quote:
Do what I do: gather up the clover leaves and the boxes. You need one box to hold each clover leaf. Each clover leaf will give you another chance when you are in an extremely dangerous situation.
[fan]

Little Vachond is a small street at the sewers services of Citadel Island. Located just under the top of the cliffs, this street used to be the only sewers street during the times of FunFrock's reign. This street was pretty deserted at that time, perhaps due to the hard times, or maybe simply because the inhabitants of the island had no business around the stinky sewers. Either way, it was rumored that some precious items could be found in the street, such as life candies, kashes, or even a clover box.

[role]

Escaping the Citadel and arriving to Lupin-Burg, Twinsen found himself just outside Little Vachond street. By jumping on the grate that lead into the sewers, he was able to reach the street. Once inside, the quetch met a helpful rabbibunny, who taught him about how useful clover boxes could be. Furthermore, it was in this street that Twinsen found a clover box for the very first time. He was also able to retrieve a few life candies and kashes from the barrels that stood in the corner of the street.
To sum up, the street had no major role at all in the quests of the quetch, although he was able to retrieve a clover box and a few other consumable items there.

[trivia]

By the time of Twinsen's second adventure, the sewers' size grew dramatically. Little Vachond Street was ruined, and Green Corulla Street was built there instead.

[related]

Sewers

[authors]

morshem

Last edited by morshem; 2003-08-15 at 19:07.
Old 2003-08-15, 18:56

Ticket Office

[official]

Grobo clone:

Quote:
You need a ticket to board the ferry. You can buy one next door.
Ticket seller:

Quote:
Good day, one ticket for... Sound the alarm! It's the escapee!
When buying a ticket:

Quote:
You have a Ferry Ticket.
Ticket seller:

Quote:
Welcome to the Inter-islands Ferry, Mr. Twinsen!
Quote:
Why don't you read the posters. And if you are interested in a destination, you tell me.
[fan]

The Ticket Office is a small building managed by a single person, used for selling ferry tickets to anyone interested in boarding from Citadel Island to another island. As such, this building is an integral part of the island's port, and is, of course, owned by the Inter-Island Ferry Services. Whoever wishes to travel to another island must first pay a visit to the office first, and buy a ticket for the decent price of 10 kashes.
During FunFrock's reign, the place was managed by a nameless rabbibunny, and was inaccessible to visitors- you could only talk to the rabbibunny through a small window at the building. After the tyrant's disappearance, however, the place was renovated, visitors entrance was permitted, and a nameless quetch was put in charge of the place, as well as a rabbibunny secretary- Mrs. Brune.

[role]

During his two adventures, Twinsen found the use of inter-island transportation vital. For that, he needed a ticket, which he could buy from the ticket office at the port. During FunFrock's reign, however, Twinsen was a wanted escapee, and was therefore attacked by a grobo clone whenever he tried getting even near the office. To solve that proble, he bought counterfeit ticket from a sailor working at the port.
During his second adventure, Twinsen could come to the place more safely, being able to buy a ticket from the helpful seller. He could then use the ticket to board to the Island of the White Leaf Desert.

[trivia]

After the Emers invaded the planet, inter-island transportation was ceased, and the building was thus empty during that time.
Another thing to mention was that by managing to kill the grobo clones sent to defeat him during FunFrock's tyrany, Twinsen could steal the key to the office, thus scaring away the rabbibunny seller, as well as finding a clover leaf at the place.

[related]

Harbour
Ferry ticket
Brune

[authors]

morshem
Old 2003-08-16, 14:33

Warehouse

[official]

Sailor grobo:

Quote:
I've had it up to my trunk! There are 4 crates in the warehouse that I cannot seem to arrange on the 4 crosses painted on the ground. I would gladly give a ferry ticket to anyone who could help me out of this mess.
Quote:
The crates are arranged correctly this time. Thank you, and please accept this ferry ticket as a token of my gratitude.
Unknown:

Quote:
Asks one of my colleagues working in the warehouse on the port. He will know about this LeBorgne.
[fan]

Located at the east of Citadel Island's harbour, this warehouse is used for storing boxes shipped to the island from other islands around the planet. These boxes usually contain food or common bazaar items, transported later to the pharmacy, the tavern and the bazaar. Until transported, the crates are stored in the warehouse under cool conditions.
The building itself, for unknown reasons, is built in a maze-like shape. It requires some logic in order to push the crates around the warehouse wisely. The storehouse belongs to the Inter-Island Ferry services, and is managed by a local sailor grobo.

[role]

Unable to buy a ferry ticket, as the ticket seller sounded the alarm as soon as he saw him, Twinsen had no choice but fullfilling the request of the sailor grobo of arranging the four boxes in the warehouse on the four crosses at the corner of the room. By doing so, promised the sailor, Twinsen would receive a counterfeit ferry ticket as an award.
Upon entering the building, Twinsen realized that this would not be as easy as he thought. However, after a few trials, the quetch was able to develop the correct tactics of arranging the crates. The tricky part turned out to be pushing the last crate into its place. Apparently, the quetch was not able to push the crates sideways, but only forwards. Therefore, he had to push the crate to an exact spot, at which he could go near it, but also leave enough space on the other side for him to go and push it a bit backwards. After doing so, Twinsen was able to push the last crate to its cross, thus having the four boxes arranged in their spots.
After completing the puzzle, Twinsen left the room, and received the promised fake ticket from the sailor. The warehouse served no further use in his adventures, though.

[trivia]

By the time of Twinsen's second adventure, the harbour was renovated, and the warehouse was gone. Instead, a ticket office was built where it used to stand.

[related]

Harbour
Ferry ticket

[authors]

morshem
Old 2003-08-17, 16:15

Ferry captain

[stats]

Size: medium
Race: Rabbibunny
Age range: adult

[official]

Ferry captain:

Quote:
Welcome aboard! You have picked a wonderful day for travelling, the weather is beautiful!
[fan]

The ferry captain is a nameless rabbibunny working for the Inter-Island Ferry services as a captain. Every time a ferry is ready to take off, it is his job to sail the ferry to its desired destination, as well as conducting the passenger's tickets. He seems to be pretty friendly towards his passengers, perhaps due to the fact that hard times resulted in very few inter-island travellers.

[role]

While in the Souther Hemisphere, Twinsen travelled several times from Citadel Island to Principal Island in a ferry. Upon reaching the ferry, he was encountered by the captain, who made sure he had a proper ticket (a job he apparently failed to fullfill, as Twinsen's ticket was actually counterfeit sometimes), and then sail the ferry to the desired destination.
Once buying his catamaran, Twinsen found no further use of the ferry services, resulting in not meeting the captain any more.

[theories]

By the time of Twinsen's second adventure, the captain was nowhere around any more, and his job was taken by a grobo named Mr. Paul. It is unknown where the rabbibunny has disappeared.

[related]

Harbour
Harbour
Ferry ticket

[authors]

morshem
Old 2003-09-03, 15:15

Dr. FunFrock square

[official]

Sign at the sewers:

Quote:
"L.B.A. Lupin-Burg sewer service Dr FunFrock Square"
[fan]

Dr. FunFrock's Square is a small street at the sewers Citadel Island. Located in the middle of Lupin-Burg, this street is hidden to pedestrians, and is considered quite a big secret. A marble statue of FunFrock is on top of the street's entrance, convering any possibility of unwanted visitors to enter the street.
On the inside, the street contains two barrels, each one containing a large sum of money. Additioanlly, a grobo-shaped fountain is located at the corner of the street, just near the sewers tunnel. Altering the fountain correctly will result in an unlimited supply of life candies. A small ladder at the east of the street is the way back to the streets of Lupin-Burg.

[role]

Dr. FunFrock's square played no major importance in Twinsen's adventures. The street contained nothing of real interest, except, of course, the money and the life candies found there. Twinsen was able to use them to recharge his power.
To enter the street, Twinsen had to blow the Horn of Gawley against the statue, resulting in the statue disappearing, leaving the entrance clear.

[theories]

Since the street is considered to be a secret, it is possible that it was built as a secret base for FunFrock and his forces.
However, Twinsen was lucky enough not to encounter any of these while paying a little visit there.

[trivia]

By the time of Twinsen's second adventure, the sewers were renovated, and Dr. FunFrock's square was destroyed. Green Corulla street was built there instead.

[related]

Sewers

[authors]

morshem