Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > LBA Projects > Twinsuniverse > Encyclopedia Twinsunica

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Encyclopedia Twinsunica The Encyclopedia Twinsunica is the older version of the Twinsuniverse, about the world of the LBA games.

Old 2002-07-08, 13:23
Magic level: Ice Ball

Send a message via MSN to morshem
Kashes

[stats]

[official]

Quote:
” It is the exchange currency of your planet Twinsun. It allows you to buy the articles you are interested in”
[fan]

Kashes are the currency in Twinsun, Twinsen’s planet.

[role]

Twinsen used Kashes in order to buy anything he was interested in.

[related]

Zlitos

[authors]

morshem
Old 2002-07-08, 13:46
Magic Ball Master

Added, thanks
Old 2002-07-08, 18:32

Zlitos

[official]

Quote:
” It is the exchange currency of planet Zeelich. With it, you can buy the articles you are interested in on planet Zeelich.”
[fan]

Zlitos are the currency of Zeelich, planet of the Esmers.

[role]

With the Zlitos, Twinsen bought anything he was interested on in Zeelich.

[related]

Kashes
Zeelich

[authors]

morshem
Old 2002-07-08, 18:49
Magic Ball Master

Added, thanks again.

I did the Northern Hemisphere & Southern Hemisphere.
Old 2002-07-08, 18:57

Horn of the Blue Triton

[official]

Quote:
” It lets you draw in hearts (Life points) and store them. You can then use them to treat yourself or someone else.”
[fan]

The Horn of the Blue Triton makes people healers. The Horn can store hearts, used to heal people.

[role]

The very first thing Twinsen has to do, from the beginning of the game, is to find a way to heal Dino-Fly. So, Twinsen goes to the School of Magic, where he gets the Horn after completing the Garden Balsam Plant test. With this Horn, Twinsen can finally heal Dino-Fly. Without this Horn, Twinsen isn’t able to get to the Dome of the Slate and complete the third test for the School of Magic.
The Horn also comes in handy when Twinsen is about to lose a life. By using the Horn, Twinsen can store life points, and then throw them whenever he needs any,

[related]

Dino-Fly
Mentor of the School of Magic
School of Magic
Garden Balsam Plant
Island of the Dome of the Slate

[authors]

morshem
Old 2002-07-08, 21:37
Magic Ball Master

M'kay.
Old 2002-07-09, 13:30

Pearl of Incandescence

[official]

Quote:
”By dipping this pearl in the Weather Wizard's cauldron, you will be able to create a ring of lightning.”
[fan]

The Pearl of Incandescence is a pearl found on the desert inside a giant clam. These pearls are highly prized by magicians. They enable to complete spells.

[role]

The Sendell’s Ball is locked inside a frozen ball. In order to release it, Twinsen must get the Ring of Lightning. To get the Ring of Lightning, Twinsen must put a Pearl of Incandescence in Bersimon’s cauldron. The Menotr of the School of Magic tells him to get the Pearl of Incandescence from the cave in the cliffs. Twinsen goes to the cave, gets pearl, puts it in the cauldron, and then goes to Sendell’s Ball and release it. This gives Twinsen the third level of magic: red ball.

[related]

Cave of the Pearl of Incandescence
Ring of Lightning
Sendell’s Ball
Bersimon
Mentor of the School of Magic

[authors]

morshem
Old 2002-07-09, 14:37
Magic Ball Master

Added, keep 'em coming
Old 2002-07-09, 21:01
Gee, it's been a while.

// BEGIN

Laser Pistol

[stats]

Effective against: all enemies
Firing Rate: slow
Damage per hit: lots
Range: long]

[official]
Quote:
I already have a crystal, so now I'll be able to use this laser pistol.
Quote:
Go get a rock-crystal from the Island of Celebration. It'll allow you to operate the laser pistol of Zarnon.

[fan]
This is a metalic object, with a trigger, once charged, it has a green crystal along its top, it fires green ,rays that explode upon contact, a great long range weapon, doing lots of damage to any opponent!

[theories]
Perhaps the laser pistol ws created on Island CX, as an experimental tool for the destruction of Twinsen, yet this is simply asmall model of the very large laser.

[role]

Twinsen had to use this to get past the guards and open the door at the passage to the elevator, it did a great deal of damage, and was therefore a very good weapon to use. It was the only thing that Twinsen was given by the Desidents.

[trivia]

[related]
http://wacko.free.fr/lba/index.php?id=244

[authors]
FireBall

//END

Last edited by Fireball; 2006-06-02 at 19:54.
Old 2002-07-09, 21:04

The Laser Pistol is alos related to Gems and to the Wannie dissidents who gives it to you.
Old 2002-07-09, 21:12
Gee, it's been a while.

how is it related to gems?
I know its related to the dessidents, but the LBA Compedium doesnt have a page on them yet.
Old 2002-07-09, 21:14

Sorry, not to gems, to the pick-ax.
Old 2002-07-09, 21:27
Magic Ball Master

As you can see I edited it quite much:
http://wacko.free.fr/lba/index.php?id=139
Let that be a good example to you.

morshem: I don't think the pick-ax is directly related to the laser-pistol, actually only the piece of rock crystal is. And the dissidents, but they're not in the encyclopedia (perhaps an idea to add those, as well as the rebels and other groups if they exist?).
Old 2002-07-09, 22:03
Gee, it's been a while.

// BEGIN

Magic Ball (Yellow, Green, Red, and Fireball)

[stats]
Weapon
Effective against: yellow-all enemies
"Firing" rate: slow
Damage per hit: little-lots
Range: depends on your amount of magic points
[official]
Inventory Description (LBA 2) :
Quote:
You just found your Magic Ball! When you wear your ancestral Tunic you'll be able to bounce it at your enemies!
Mrs. Bloop:
Quote:
By the way, don't forget that the trajectory of your magic ball changes with your behavior!
When you find the magic ball in your house (LBA 1):
Quote:
You've just rediscovered your Magic Ball! Try using it on the clones!
Inventory Description (LBA 1):
Quote:
Magic Ball key. Each time you reach a higher level of magic, the Magic Ball's striking power will increase. Its trajectories will also become more effective with each new level, as long as you have enough magic in stock! The Ball will use up magic each time it is thrown.
When you find Senell's Ball:
Quote:
You just found Sendell's Ball. Now you have reached a new level of magic: Red Ball. It will also enable Sendell to contact you in case of danger.
When you find your Ansestral Tunic and Sendell's Medallion:
Quote:
You have just found your ancestral Tunic and Sendell's Medallion. By storing Magic, it will enable you to bounce your ball at your enemies.
[fan]
Twinsen's primary weapon, it is upgradable from Yellow, then to green, then to red, then to fireball, it is used to pass one of the tests in the school of magic and to deactivate the lasers in the Undergas. It becomes more powerful when upgraded. It uses up magic points when fired. Once fired, it recharges slowly.
[theories]

[role]
The most used weapon in LBA 1 and 2, the most upgradable as well. In LBA 2, it is the only way to hit the trigger to deactivate the lasers in the undergas, it is also required to pass a test in the school of magic.
[trivia]

[related]
Sendell's Ball
Sendell's Medalion
Sendell

Ancestral Tunic

[authors]
FireBall

//END

Last edited by Fireball; 2006-06-02 at 19:54.
Old 2002-07-10, 09:02

Protection Spell

[official]

Quote:
“Be careful, the devastating power of this ring consumes a great deal of Magic.”
Quote:
” This Tunic, bequeathed by your ancestors, now gives you protection besides storing Magic. To use the shielding spell, press Enter from the Inventory. This spell consumes some Magic, just like throwing the Ball and using several other magic objects.”
[fan]

The Protection Spell is one of two spells Twinsen gets during the game. It allows Twinsen not to lose any life points at all while he’s using it. The spell consumes plenty of magic points, and Twinsen can use it until his magic points are over.

[role]

Twinsen gets the Protection Spell from the Island across the Hacienda. Even though the Protection Spell isn’t necessary for completing the game, it can be very useful at some points.

[related]

Island of the Protection Spell
Ring of Lightning

[authors]

morshem

Old 2002-07-10, 23:51
Magic Ball Master

Fireball: you should try to get to the real point of the item. Go much deeper into details, but not more than neccesary (like the very specific things you mentioned about the magic ball, he does a lot more than just passing the test and deactivitating the lasers in the undergas with the magic ball). I edited it and added a lot, you can find the result here.

Morshem: except for some details, very good again . Final result here.
Old 2002-07-11, 02:16
Gee, it's been a while.

ok, I'm still learning, but I'm getting it more and more now... I'll do another tommorrow
Old 2002-07-13, 16:10

Ring of Lightning

[official]

Quote:
” Be careful, the devastating power of this ring consumes a great deal of Magic.”
Quote:
” You just found the Ring of Lightning! Use it to find Sendell's Ball.”
Quote:
By dipping this pearl in the Weather Wizard's cauldron, you will be able to create a ring of lightning.”
[fan]

The Ring of Lightning enables killing some enemies within the site of the person using it, depending on the level of magic. Full magic points are needed in order to use it. It can kill any enemy in the game, except for the Hussars Guards.

[role]

Twinsen has to meet Jerome on Emerald Moon. But for that, he needs a new level of magic, in order to defeat the esmers. The way to obtain the new level of magic is by getting Sendell’s Ball. However, the ball is locked. Twinsen needs a Lightning Spell in order to get it. In order to get the Lightning Spell, Twinsen needs to put a Pearl of Incandescence in the Weather Wizard’s cauldron. Twinsen gets the pearl from the Cave of the Pearl of Incandescence. Once he puts the pearl in the cauldron, he’s got the Ring of Lightning. He can then go to Sendell’s Ball and break it.

[related]

Sendell’s Ball
Pearl of Incandescence
Bersimon

[authors]

morshem
Old 2002-07-13, 17:35
Magic Ball Master

Okay, thanks
Old 2002-07-14, 08:11

Sendell’s Ball

[official]

Quote:
” You just found Sendell's Ball. Now you have reached a new level of magic: Red Ball. It will also enable Sendell to contact you in case of danger.”
Quote:
” Thanks to Sendell's Ball, you just reached your third level of magic: red ball. With its help, Sendell can come and talk to you in case of danger.”
[fan]

The Ball of Sendell enables the person who’s got it to be contacted by Sendell. It also promotes the level of magic into red ball.

[role]

Before he meets Jerome on Emerald Moon, Twinsen must reach a new level of magic, so that he can defeat the esmers. In order to get it, Twinsen must have a Lightning Spell. After putting the Pearl of Incandescence in the Weather Wizard’s cauldron and getting the Ring of Lightning, Twinsen goes to the hidden room in the sewers. He needs a Pyramid-Shaped Key in order to open the door where the Ball is hidden. The Ball promotes Twinsen’s magic level into red ball.

[related]

Sendell
Ring of Lightning
Safeguard Street
Magic Ball

[authors]

morshem

Old 2002-07-14, 10:10

Burgermaster’s Key

[official]

Quote:
”You just found the Francos Burgermaster's key.”
Quote:
” It is the key that the burgermaster lost before he was eaten by a monster from the gas. Nobody has ever used it since.”
[fan]

The Burgermaster’s Key opens the Burgermaster’s cupboard at the house of Roger de la Fontaine’s brother. This cupboard contains the instructions of how to find the Francos’ Key Fragment.

[role]

Twinsen must find the four key fragments and unite them so that the celebration can begin. However, the Francos’ Key Fragment is hidden, and no one knows where it is. Twinsen finds in the den of a clockwork owl a key that opens the cupboard with the instructions of how to find the fragment. He follows these instructions, and finds the Fragment.

[related]

Burgermaster’s Notes
Francos Fragment
Roger de la Fontaine
Roger de ka Fontaine’s Brother

[authors]

morshem

Old 2002-07-14, 10:51

Burgermaster’s Notes

[official]

Quote:
”With my eyes focused on the center of the bazaar, my back is glued to a natural parasol where I'd love to take a nap, but I must keep a sportive mood. It seems there are enough light posts and arches in the village to count the correct number of steps. Once there, the fences to my left point in the wrong direction. It's on the other side, down in the basin near the gas that my buried treasure lies.”
Quote:
” You just found the Francos Burgermaster's notes. They'll help you find the Francos fragment.”
Quote:
” These notes contain the enigma which leads to the fragment of the Francos. They give a clue to the location where the fragment was buried is revealed.”
[fan]

The Burgermaster’s notes provide instructions as to where the Francos Fragment is found. They were written by Roger de la Fontaine, the keeper of the fragment, who was eaten by a gas monster.

[role]

Twinsen has to find and unite the four Key Fragments. In his search for the Francos Fragment, he finds Roger de la Fontaine’s brother, who tells him Roger left instructions for finding the fragment. Twinsen finds the key to the cupboard where the instructions are locked, and takes the instructions.

An explanation of the notes:
Quote:
“With my eyes focused on the center of the bazaar, my back is glued to a natural parasol where I'd love to take a nap”
He is facing the bazaar, with his back facing the palm tree.

Quote:
“but I must keep a sportive mood”
Stay in sporty mode, to get the length of the steps.

Quote:
“It seems there are enough light posts and arches in the village to count the correct number of steps.”
The number of lampposts, and arches is the number of steps you should take.

Quote:
“Once there, the fences to my left point in the wrong direction. It's on the other side, down in the basin near the gas that my buried treasure lies.”
Don't following the fences to the left, follow right to the basin near the gas.

[related]

Burgermaster’s Key
Francos Fragment
Roger de la Fontaine
Roger de la Fontaine’s Brother

[authors]

morshem and Darkflame (instructions explanation)

Old 2002-07-14, 11:11

A few comments about the Gallic Acid

• Bersimon hasn't concealed the lightning spell, he's concealed Sendell's Ball.
  • Does it really matter the bottle is colourful?
  • You wrote "hiven" instead of "given"
  • In return for the Gallic Acid, Twinsen's neighbour gives him the Pyramid-Shaped Key
Old 2002-07-14, 12:25
Magic Ball Master

Thanks for the comments. The colors do matter, an object can have a description how it looks like.

Oh btw, if you quote things, you don't have to add extra " thingies.

Thanks for the submissions, I'll add them through the day.
Old 2002-07-15, 22:42

Ferry Ticket

[official]

When buying a ticket:
Quote:
You have a ferry ticket.
Inventory description:
Quote:
This ticket allows you to travel aboard the ferry which links Citadel Island and White Leaf Desert Island.
Mr. Paul:
Quote:
You need a ticket to board the ferry, Mr. Twinsen.
Quote:
Your ticket is in order, Mr. Twinsen, you may board. Have a nice trip!
[fan]

The ferry ticket is used for traveling from island to island around Twinsun’s Southern Hemisphere.

[role]

During his two adventures, Twinsen had to travel a lot. Until buying the catamaran or finding/healing Dino-Fly, his way to travel is by ferry. The cost of the ticket varies, depending on where Twinsen buys it. At the beginning of his first adventure, Twinsen escapes from the citadel, and therefore when he speaks to the ticket seller, the seller calls a grobo clone that kills Twinsen. Twinsen’s way of getting a ticket then is to complete a sokoban-like puzzle for a sailor grobo, who in return gives Twinsen the ticket.

[related]

Citadel Island Harbour
Inter Islands Ferry building
Principal Island Harbour
Mr. Paul

[authors]

morshem