Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > LBA Projects > Twinsuniverse > Encyclopedia Twinsunica

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Encyclopedia Twinsunica The Encyclopedia Twinsunica is the older version of the Twinsuniverse, about the world of the LBA games.

Old 2004-01-21, 11:37
Magic level: Ice Ball

Send a message via MSN to morshem
Whooo, great articles as usual, I'm dying to add them already!

(I'm going to PM wacko about that if he doesn't post here until the end of the week).
Quote:
Originally Posted by D`Sparil
Note:
When writing this, I assumed that the large 'ring' around the Well of Sendell was Polar Island. So, if you were to look on the holomap, most of the giant blob on top of the world. I did this because there's no real line where Fortress Island ends and Polar begins. Furthermore, I believe that when you are in the construction site, it says you're on Polar Island (I'm not entirely sure on that though, someone might want to find out). If so, we should move the 'Construction Site' page from Fortress to Polar Island.
Heh, I remember aaasking once at #lba, before I finished the game, at what island the Construction Zone is. Anakin said that it's at Polar Island, and FB2K was like "WTF? ", and said that it's definetly on Fortress Island

Quote:
Also, I was thinking of another catagory for our encyclopedia. 'Events'. In other words, events that changed the face of Twinsun or Zeelich, but perhaps didn't directly relate to Twinsen himself. For example; The Rise and Fall of Dr. FunFrock, The Reintroduction of Magic (since it seemed almost non-existant in the first game, besides Twinsen himself), The Landing of the Esmers, and a couple other things. If you think this is a good idea, let wacko know and it'll be implemented. If you think it'd just be repeating what's been said elsewhere, then we don't need it.
Heh heh, I remember that in the early days of the Twinsunica in its current form, at around summer 2002, my first ever contribution to the project was suggesting things for the database. I listed many of events there, and I remember wacko saying that it's not very suitable for the encyclopedia .
Well, I guess all events can be described in the appropriate articles (e.g. FunFrock's rise and fall - in the FunFrock article, etc.).
Old 2004-01-21, 17:56
Ben Folds live

Send a message via MSN to Lucifer
Hey, great articles

Now let's hope they can be added soon...
Old 2004-01-21, 18:24
Magic Ball Master

Don't worry morshem, I do read everything here. Sorry for the lack of updates from my side, but there's simply not much to tell: I'll rewrite the Twinsunica code when I have time for it. I have a project going on for 1½ more weeks, I'm really busy until it's finished.

I'm really glad to see this project is still going. Don't worry too much about the website, everything posted here will be added eventually.

The construction site is on polar island, but in the game it functions as bridge between fortress and polar island. Check it out the map I attached, you can see the piece of land connecting the islands, I assume that is part of the construction site. After all, the construction site connects the fortress with the Well of Sendell, which is at the absolute northern pole.

Events aren't really suitable indeed. It's an encyclopedia, not a history book. Like morshem said, events could be added to existing items.

D`Sparil, lovely articles
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	3d_north.gif‎
Views:	190
Size:	26.2 KB
ID:	3145  
Old 2004-01-23, 08:42
1st of the Serpent Riders

Send a message via AIM to D`Sparil Send a message via MSN to D`Sparil
Principal Island - FunFrock's Headquarters

[official]

Unknown:

Quote:
Dr FunFrock's headquarters (Principal island)
Sign:

Quote:
Dr. FUNFROCK's headquarters. Access IS FORBIDDEN!
Unknown:

Quote:
I was arrested for sneezing in public, it's ridiculous! There's also, however, a forger in the cell to the right of general headquarters.
Unknown:

Quote:
The plans for this center are in FunFrock's personal safe. In his headquarters on Principal island. But to get in you must be able to defeat the Supergros (the nurses equipped with tablet launchers!).
[fan]

Surrounded by the harbour, ruins, library, and the Old Burg, Dr. FunFrock's headquarters was the tyrant's powerbase on the Southern Hemisphere. The large building was, quite possibly, the most heavily guarded site on all of the Southern Hemisphere during FunFrock's rule. A pair of armed quetch clones marched the streets, sometimes assisted by a tank. The front walkway leading up to the building was guarded by a machine gunner, a rabbibunny clone, and a armored turret. Additionally, mines and barbed wire were placed on the grounds and trenches dug for troops to fire from. All that was before one could set foot inside.

With good cause, FunFrock kept his headquarters well guarded. While on the outside it was a display of his power, on the inside was a warehouse for his secrets. All the more reason to beef up security. In addition, he kept prisoners there, though no one is certain why they were not shipped to the Citadel.

[role]

Twinsen was able to gather valuable information from Dr. FunFrock's headquarters. During the early part of his mission, Twinsen learned a secret password from one of the prisoners; "Amos". This enabled him to get a red card from the prisoner's brother on Proxima Island. And later, he was able to find out where he could obtain access to the teleportation center. Additionally, he stole FunFrock's sabre, which he ultimately used to defeat the dictator in the final confrontation.

[related]

FunFrock
FunFrock's Sabre
Red Magnetic Card

[authors]

D'Sparil

"I can't believe it! There are two of 'em in this cell! Open the doors! I'm gonna put the funny one in his own cell." - Security guard on Otringal
Old 2004-01-23, 09:06

Principal Island - Harbour

[official]

Sign:

Quote:
Welcome to Principal Island.
[fan]

Principal Island's harbour is usually the first stop for those visiting from Citadel Island. While some space his devoted to storage, the rest is an ideal stroll for those who love the sea. The great inflow of passengers even caused a lapse in Dr. FunFrock's security, as the clones would just wave by anyone who got off the boat. The harbour also features a small detention area and a ticket office.

[role]

When Twinsen first escaped from the Citadel, and left Citadel Island, he took the ferry to Principal Island. While nothing of great importance ever occured in the harbour, the lax security near the drop-off area allowed Twinsen easy access to the interior of the island. Of course, for Twinsen to ride the ferry, he had to have a ferry ticket, which was often counterfeit.

[related]

Prison
Ticket office
Ferry captain
Harbour
Ferry ticket

[authors]

D'Sparil

Note: While it pains me to point this out, I noticed that many of the related links on articles from the old site still link back to the old site. Though a headache, we should try to update the links as soon as we can.

"I can't believe it! There are two of 'em in this cell! Open the doors! I'm gonna put the funny one in his own cell." - Security guard on Otringal
Old 2004-01-23, 09:24

Principal Island - Harbour: Ticket office

[official]

Ticket seller:

Quote:
A ferry ticket costs 10 kashes. However as I have a WANTED poster in my office, you will have to pay 30 Kashes to make me overlook the fact that you look a lot like the guy on it.
[fan]

Connecting the upper and lower portions of the harbour is the ticket office. The building itself is large, though the counter from which one buys a ticket is ironically small. A rather unscrupulous quetch runs the counter, as his love for money appears greater than his love for his state.

[role]

Twinsen did not have the luxury of obtaining counterfeit tickets while on Principal Island. As such, when he needed one, he got it here, at the ticket office. The quetch running the stand noticed that he looked like the picture on his Wanted poster (which in fact featured Twinsen). So, he charged Twinsen triple the cost of a normal ticket.

[theories]

Once Inter-Island Ferry started their services, it is likely they moved their personel as well. It is possible that the quetch running the ticket office on Principal Island moved to the Inter-Island Ferry offices on Citadel Island.

[related]

Ferry ticket

[authors]

D'Sparil

Old 2004-01-23, 10:01

Great articles, as usual .
Quote:
Originally Posted by D`Sparil
Note: While it pains me to point this out, I noticed that many of the related links on articles from the old site still link back to the old site. Though a headache, we should try to update the links as soon as we can.
Don't worry, wacko said that he will fix that ASAP .
Old 2004-01-23, 17:44
Magic Ball Master

Yeah. Even when the Twinsunica's admin panel is back, don't bother updating the links manually (), I'll simply run an update script to refresh all the links.
I forgot to drop by the sysop this week, I needed to ask something...
Old 2004-01-23, 19:06
!!!!!

wacko- While you're at it, perhaps make in the related threads, all "el-muerte.student.utwente.nl/lba" to change to "magicball.net", all "threadid=" change to "t=" and all "&s=" deleted?
Old 2004-01-23, 19:49
Magic Ball Master

Good one, I'll think about it when I have mastered regular expressions
Old 2004-01-24, 20:08

Proxima City - M. Lanktir's Residence

[official]

Sphero in front of Maritime Museum:

Quote:
Well, well. It seems that you too have found an authentic secret map of Captain LeBorgne! Do me a favor would you? Give Lanktir, who lives next to the bazaar, back his coffee pot. I'm so ashamed, I should have given it back long ago.
M. Lanktir:

Quote:
If you give me back my coffee maker, I'll give you a list of certain places where you can find a rare plant and some boxes. And don't ask me where I found this list!
Inventory:

Quote:
M. Lanktir gave you his list.
Inventory:

Quote:
Coffee Pot. You must return it to one Lanktir who lives next to the bazaar on Proxima island.
[fan]

Directly across from Proxim-City's harbour is an area enclosed by a gate. Within this courtyard is a bazaar and the residence of one M. Lanktir. The house itself is very standard with a kitchen area, a set of table and chairs, and a bed.

[role]

During Twinsen's quest for Captain LeBorgne's treasure, he was given these instructions which were found in the captain's diary:

Quote:
"To find Captain LeBorgne's treasure, the voyager who arrives at the port of Proxima island must use the closest mooring post as a guide. With his back to the docked boats, he must follow these instructions in DISCREET mode: 6 steps to the North (straight ahead), then 6 steps to the East (to his right), following the gradual slope. 2 steps to the North (straight ahead) until he reaches the metal garbage can, 3 steps to the East (to his right) until he arrives at a light post. He must stand EXACTLY between the 2 lamp posts, and then take 8 steps to the North until he arrives at a gate. Captain LeBorgne's treasure is in the building behind the gate."
If he completed each step of this, he would meet a sphero who would give him Lanktir's coffee pot. Twinsen, then, was able to return the pot to Lanktir and recieve a list that held the locations of clovers and clover boxes.

[related]

Lanktir
Coffee pot
List with clover box locations

[authors]

D'Sparil

Old 2004-02-14, 20:43
On top of the Well

I have a submission for the Encyclopedia Twinsunica -
http://www.angelfire.com/ultra/races...pal_Island.jpg
That is a link to the image i made long ago of the whole of Principal Island. To the oldies here - The reason i havent visited here for months is that i have had so much schoolwork, and just forgot about this place.
Old 2004-02-15, 01:23
strange dreamer

hi im new and in this and i want to add one article but dont know how to someone tell me how to do it?

i want to make about the (surprise! ) space guitar! ive seen that it isnt there.
A few years ago, under the guise of protecting the population, Dr. FunFrock herded the planet's habitants into the southern hemisphere. The repression is harsh. Every day brings more and more arrests, and the people slowly begin to lose hope. In an effort to keep their spirits up, the people sometimes evoke an ancient legend along with the name of a goddess, Sendell. The mentioning of the legend or Sendell has since been forbidden by Dr. FunFrock. Meanwhile... a young quetch named Twinsen has been having strange dreams...
Quote:
" If you have no success with one type of behaviour, try another. " - LBA 2 Manual
Old 2004-02-15, 02:09
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceGuitarKid
hi im new and in this and i want to add one article but dont know how to someone tell me how to do it?

i want to make about the (surprise! ) space guitar! ive seen that it isnt there.
How an article should be formatted is described in the first post of this thread. You should read other articles to get an idea of how and what to write.

This doesn't comply for you since you already checked if the article has been written yet, but in general:
Make sure you're not writing an article that's already been written (although it's perfectly fine if you come up with additions or changes). The Twinsunica itself is not completely updated at the moment, so check this thread for the latest articles.

Looking forward do your article .
Old 2004-02-15, 08:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by McKay
I have a submission for the Encyclopedia Twinsunica -
http://www.angelfire.com/ultra/races...pal_Island.jpg
That is a link to the image i made long ago of the whole of Principal Island. To the oldies here - The reason i havent visited here for months is that i have had so much schoolwork, and just forgot about this place.
Hey, wasn't that in the Images Directory once?
By the way, wacko, what's going on with this direcrory?

I haven't wrote anything for quite some time, might write something today .
Old 2004-02-16, 04:08

You know, I've been wanting to write things as well. Problem is the lack of updates to the Encyclopedia kinda makes it a dead effort. However, I'm trying to work my creative resources into writing a pen-and-paper role-playing game as well.

Old 2004-02-16, 19:26
Magic Ball Master

I explained here what's with the image directory. I need to recode the entire structure of it before it works again, something I unfortunately don't have time for at the moment.

Articles will be added eventually, once it will be working again. It's not a dead effort...
Old 2004-02-17, 04:15
strange dreamer

hey wacko where and who gets the quotes from?

uve quoted all speeches in both games!
A few years ago, under the guise of protecting the population, Dr. FunFrock herded the planet's habitants into the southern hemisphere. The repression is harsh. Every day brings more and more arrests, and the people slowly begin to lose hope. In an effort to keep their spirits up, the people sometimes evoke an ancient legend along with the name of a goddess, Sendell. The mentioning of the legend or Sendell has since been forbidden by Dr. FunFrock. Meanwhile... a young quetch named Twinsen has been having strange dreams...
Quote:
" If you have no success with one type of behaviour, try another. " - LBA 2 Manual
Old 2004-02-17, 21:40

Principal Island - Harbour: Prison

[official]

Twinsen:
Quote:
Mister, mister! There's a loose stone in the back wall. I might be able to escape.
Prison Nurse:
Quote:
A loose stone? Let me see that.
Patrolling Guard:
Quote:
What are you doing there, who are you?
[fan]

Across the harbour from the ferry dock is the Principal Island prison. This is a small room divided in two, one half being the cell, the other half being for the on-duty nurse. There are two cots inside the cell. There is a storage locker for prisoner belongings and a desk for interrogations.

Just outside the building is a walkway that goes along the water. Also, a bench for sitting is backed against the building, just to the right of the door.

[role]

While FunFrock was in command, he had several prisons made to detain those who were deviant. One such prison was found in Principal Island's harbour, adjacent to the ticket office. Here, Twinsen was able to trick the nurse into believing there was a loose stone, through which he would escape. When the nurse came to inspect the wall, Twinsen knocked him out, took back his belongings, and fled out the side window.

Once outside, he was seen by a quetch clone patrolling the area. When asked what he was doing there, Twinsen claimed he was fixing the TV antennas. Satisfied, the clone continued on down the street. As a futher precautionary measure, whenever a person was being held in this prison, a Supergro was waiting just outside the door, ready to "escort" the escapee back into custody.

[related]

Groboclones
Quetch Clones
Doctors and Nurses

[authors]

D'Sparil

Old 2004-02-17, 22:11

Principal Island - Library

[official]

Holomap:
Quote:
Library (Principal Island)
Sign:
Quote:
Opening hours for the Principal Island library: More or less, all the time.
Unknown:
Quote:
There is a library on Principal Island, but I don't know if they have any books about the Legend there.
[fan]

Behind Dr. FunFrock's fortress is the Principal Island library. With books on just about every imaginable subject, it even has a restricted section where only those cleared by the librarian are allowed access. The building itself is massive, rivaling that of the Maritime Museum found on Proxima Island. Books line the walls and can be found in free-standing book cases as well. In addition to the books, there are many places where one can sit and read, and they even have a theater which shows all the latest movies. The library is currently run by a rabbibunny and his assistant.

[role]

After performing a favor for the librarian, Twinsen was allowed to view the Censored Publications Department in the basement. Here, he found an ancient tome which spoke of the Legend and the key to finding the Book of Bù. Additionally, Twinsen tracked down the log of Captain LeBorgne, written for the captain by his cook.

[related]

Legend of Sendell
Rabbibunny Librarian
Key to the Heir's room

[authors]

D'Sparil

Old 2004-02-18, 01:02
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceGuitarKid
hey wacko where and who gets the quotes from?

uve quoted all speeches in both games!
There's an option to export to text files in LBADeCOMP, all to do after that is to import them into the database.
Old 2004-02-18, 03:31

Principal Island - Military Camp

[official]

Twinsen:
Quote:
To the military camp.
[fan]

The military camp was the stomping grounds for FunFrock's troops while they were stationed on Principal Island. Situated off the fortess' right flank, the military camp served as both barracks and training grounds for the soldiers while off duty. The tertiary objective of the camp was also to regulate traffic between Port-Belooga and the Old Burg.

[role]

The military camp did not play a major role in Twinsen's adventures. It primarily served as a go-between for him as he made his way to Port-Belooga and back again.

[related]

Port-Belooga
Old Burg

[authors]

D'Sparil

Old 2004-02-18, 04:04

Principal Island - Old Burg: Bazaar

[official]

Wadbull:
Quote:
Welcome, dear customer! I don't have any more cherry flavored syrup, but there is a pharmacy open on Citadel Island. Move in front of the item that interests you and use the ACTION command.
Quote:
Ha, ha! You too are looking for his treasure? Well, I sure once had an old dusty book about LeBorgne, but a customer bought it this morning. It was a rabbibunny. I know that he works over at the library.
Tavern owner:
Quote:
LeBorgne! Since he didn't know how to read, he had his cook write the Captain's log. I know that it is for sale at the bazaar next door.
[fan]

Located on the second level of the Old Burg is the bazaar. Next door to the tavern, the bazaar seems to run out of the very thing you want, just as you are looking for it. Per usual, there is gas, magic power, life powder, and meca-penquins for sale. This particular bazaar seems to have rarities pass through it now and again, so collectors should be watchful of what is currently for sale as to not be forced to waste time searching elsewhere.

[role]

While all the bazaars were veritable safe-havens for Twinsen where he could refill his life or energy if need be, this bazaar doubled as a source of information. Notably, the owner told Twinsen where he could get some cherry syrup and later, the location of Captain LeBorgne's log.

[related]

Bottle of syrup
Flasks of magic powder
Life candy
Gas
Nitro-Meca-Penguin

[authors]

D'Sparil

Last edited by D`Sparil; 2004-02-19 at 01:16. Reason: Found the owner's name.
Old 2004-02-18, 04:21

Twinsun Principal Island - Old Burg: Bob Vortix's house

[official]

Unknown:
Quote:
I have not seen this young lady. But go over to the Astronomer's house. Even though he is not allowed to leave his own house, he knows everything. He lives in the last house on the hill overlooking the city.
Bob Vortix:
Quote:
I am Bob Vortix, astronomer under house arrest. What are you doing in town, apart from beating up clones?
Quote:
This young girl must be someone important if that tyrant FunFrock is holding her outside of Citadel Island. Something funny is going on with this forbidding of any talk about the Legend: this must be some kind of weakness in his power! Find out what is behind this Legend, it's your only hope of seeing your friend again. If you need to leave the island, I know a friend who can help you at Port-Belooga (check your holomap). Tell him that I sent you. And be discreet in your quest.
[fan]

One of the last buildings atop the Old Burg is Bob Vortix's house. Sentenced to house arrest for unknown reasons, the astronomer's house was partolled to the extreme. The only way inside was through a grate in the roof. Inside is quite spacious, though it could be that most of Bob's belongings were seized by FunFrock during his sentencing.

[role]

In his search for his wife, Twinsen was directed by many people of the Old Burg to seek out the guidance of "the astronomer". After moving through a dizzying pattern, and recieving help from many of the locals, Twinsen was finally able to meet with the sphero. He assists Twinsen by giving him a contact at Port-Belooga who will take him to the Island of the White Leaf Desert.

[related]

Bob Vortix
Port-Belooga

[authors]

D'Sparil

Last edited by D`Sparil; 2004-02-18 at 05:17.
Old 2004-02-18, 04:57

Principal Island - Old Burg: Julia's House

[official]

Julia:

Quote:
We don't trust people easily here. Prove that you don't work for FunFrock, clobber a clone!
Quote:
I've got to tell you something. It's awful! My best friend (Beatrice) is in love with Steven. But Paul, Steven's half brother, left Cindy when Linda got out of the clinic after her bobsleigh accident. But not for Linda, for Tatjana! Only Serge (who secretly admires Steven) has been trying for months to win the love of Tatjana who refuses to talk to Christy since she died. All the while Stephanie - who remarried Serge - discovered the letter from Paulina in which she explained where was the box of clover leaves left behind by Roy. So, evidently, Beatrice wonders if Linda knows about the accident. You get all that?
Quote:
Go see Beatrice and tell her that Julia sent you. She'll explain all that better than I can. She lives on the outskirts of the Old Burg, in a house next to the sea, on Peg Leg Street.
[fan]

Located on the ground level of the Old Burg is Julia's house. She owns a big screen television which she watches religiously. Otherwise, her house is relatively normal.

[role]

While Julia said a lot, she and her house had little impact on Twinsen's adventures. She informed him that in order to gain the trust of the Old Burg citizenry he had to prove that he wasn't an agent of FunFrock. Also, after her trust had been won, she told him a long winded story which was ultimately about a clover box, located on an islet off Peg Leg Street.

[related]

Julia
Beatrice
Peg Leg Street
Clover leaves

[authors]

D'Sparil