Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > LBA Projects > Twinsuniverse > Encyclopedia Twinsunica

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Encyclopedia Twinsunica The Encyclopedia Twinsunica is the older version of the Twinsuniverse, about the world of the LBA games.

Old 2002-07-16, 09:22
Magic level: Ice Ball

Send a message via MSN to morshem
Garden Balsam Flower

[official]

When finding the flower:
Quote:
You just picked a Garden Balsam plant
Inventory description:
Quote:
You must bring this flower to the Rector of the School of Magic.
Mentor of the School of Magic:
Quote:
For the Test of the Balsam, you'll have to fetch me a balsam! It's a rare plant which grows in the desert.
Quote:
Mmm, I love the smell of Garden Balsam. Anyway, in exchange for the flower, here's the Horn of the Blue Triton. It'll make you a Healer.
Grobo at Desert Island:
Quote:
Well, this climate promotes the growth of this coniferous yellow flower. It's in high demand among the wizards and it only grows in rocky, hard to reach areas.
[fan]

The Garden Balsam Flower is a rare flower which grows in the desert, especially in rocky areas.

[theories]

Since there is only one Garden Balsam Flower in the whole island, it is unknown how other learners at the School of Magic complete the test.

[role]

The very first thing Twinsen has to do at his second adventure is to heal Dino-Fly. For that, he has to join the School of Magic. One of the tests Twinsen has to complete for the School of Magic is the Garden Balsam test. In this test, Twinsen must find a Garden Balsam flower and give it to the Mentor of the School of Magic. Since the flower only grows on rocks, Twinsen needs a car to complete this test. After Zoé fixes their car, Twinsen can complete this test. In return for the flower, the Mentor gives Twinsen the Horn of the Blue Triton, a horn used to heal people. With this horn, Twinsen can finally heal Dino-Fly, and then complete the third and last test for the School of Magic- the Dome of the Slate test.

[related]

School of Magic
Horn of the Blue Triton
Mentor of the School of Magic

[authors]

morshem
Old 2002-07-16, 09:42

Holomap

[official]

When finding the Holomap in Relentless:
Quote:
You've just rediscovered your Holomap! You can use it by going through your inventory with the (SHIFT) key or access it directly with the (H) key.
Inventory description in Relentless:
Quote:
Holomap (H) key. The Holomap shows your position on the planet. The arrows represent important places that were pointed out to you during your quest. They will disappear once you have completed your task in each of the corresponding places. The Holomap rotates by pressing simultaneously (CTRL) and the arrow keys. By pressing only the arrow keys, you can scroll through text corresponding to the arrows visible on the Holomap.
When finding the Holomap in Twinsen’s Odyssey:
Quote:
You just found your Holomap! To use it, look at the inventory by pressing <Shift> or simply press <Tab>.
Inventory description in Twinsen’s Odyssey:
Quote:
The Holomap is a 3-D map system. You may use several zoom factors to determine your position on the planet. There are also arrows which can point to the location of tasks to be accomplished, after some characters have given you certain information.
[fan]

The Holomap is a 3-Dimensional map that shows the exact position of the person using it. It can show the whole planet, or just the island the person is on. It also provides arrows pointing to places where the person using the Holomap needs to go to.

[theories]

In Twinsen’s Odyssey, the map can show a zoom on islands, as well as showing the whole planet, unlike Relentless’ Holomap, that can show only the whole planet. That’s weird, because nobody has improved the Holomap since Twinsen’s first adventure.
Also, in Relentless the characters seem to know about the Holomap. Many characters Twinsen meets tell him that a new location is shown on his Holomap. In Twinsen’s Odyssey, no one ever mentions the Holomap.

[role]

The Holomap isn’t necessary in completing both games, but it’s an extremely useful item. Any time Twinsen gets lost, or has a new target location, he can just look at the Holomap, and see where exactly he needs to go.

[authors]

morshem

Feel free to add some related items. I didn't find any.
Old 2002-07-16, 14:31
Magic Ball Master

Everything has been added, thanks a lot once again .

I'm currently doing all locations in order of the index page. I'm at the Mutant Factory now.
Old 2002-07-17, 04:08

Correction:
Sendell's Ball is in Green Corulla Street, and not in Safeguard Street like I wrote.
Old 2002-07-17, 04:45
Mageling at heart

i wasn't sure if the "official" section was really useful for this one, so i put the official quotes into the general fan description section. if you disagree say so i also wasn't sure where to put 'game-related' information (i.e. about funfrock's statues with no pedestal, etc), so i put them in the trivia section. do what you will with it

i think to make this complete i need some extra screenshots.

(The) Old Burg
LBA1 only

[fan]

The Old Burg and Principal Island formed a major part of Twinsen's first adventure (LBA1), but not his second (LBA2). Therefore the only information we have about the Old Burg comes from the reign of Dr. FunFrock.

Once the thriving centre of Twinsun under the reign of FunFrock, the Old Burg is the largest and most populous town on Principal Island. It forms a large part of the largest conurbation on Twinsun, along with the Principal Island's Port, Prison, Library, Military Camp and Fortress. Vehicles allow access from this area to the Island's Water Tower and to Port-Belooga, on the opposite side of the island.

The Old Burg is built almost completely above ground level on huge brick base, meaning that there is little greenery within the town itself (though the town does extend to Peg Leg street, on ground level by the seaside). It is organised into ascending 'levels;' during FunFrock's reign the entrance to each level was secured by a gate or by a clone. This gave FunFrock a great deal of control over the population of the town - at one point, the entire upper level of the Old Burg was sealed off from the public and guarded by clones.

However, the population of the Old Burg was not easily controlled. Its dissident network during FunFrock's reign was much stronger than that of Lupin Burg (on Citadel Island), and was able to circumnavigate FunFrock's security measures by various means (which included forging keys and seducing white Supergros). Strangers would not be helped until they had proven themselves by killing a clone.

But even though the Old Burg may have been an oppressed and dangerous place, it was seen by the Twinsunians as 'the' place to look for information. The inhabitants of Principal Island made to Twinsen comments such as "...someone in the Old Burg must know something about this... Legend," and "try going to the Astronomer's house in the Old Burg; he knows a lot..." It was also a centre for shopping (one person commented to Twinsen, "I found it [LeBourgne's book] today while shopping in the Old Burg"). Whilst in the Old Burg, Twinsen himself visited a bazaar, a locksmith, a tavern, a stable and the astronomer, as well as the houses of a number of dissidents, easily making it the Twinsunian town with the most facilities and places of interest.

[trivia]

There is a statue of FunFrock in the second raised 'level' of the city (i.e. beyond the locked white gate). It has no pedestal, so you can use Gawley's Horn on it to reveal a secret sewer area!

[related]

Peg Leg Street
Library
FunFrock's Fortress
Military Camp (no article for this - should there be?)
Harbour

[authors]

Kieron
- kirsty maccoll
Old 2002-07-17, 06:12

That's really good. I should take an example from you.
Old 2002-07-17, 08:58

Itinerary Token

[official]

When finding the token:
Quote:
You have found a itinary token. You can now use an Esmer shuttle.
Inventory description:
Quote:
The travel token allows to program the destination of an Esmer shuttle. Without it, the spacecraft cannot take off.
Twinsen if he has no token:
Quote:
There's a piece missing here, something disc-shaped. I guess it allows the shuttle to take off.
[fan]

The itinerary token is used in Esemers shuttles. Without these tokens, the shuttles can’t take off.

[theories]

Twinsen gets an Itinerary Token twice during his second adventure. In both places, there’s only one token. It’s unknown where all other travelers get their token from.

[role]

Twinsen first needs an Itinerary Token when leaving Zeelich. He gets it from Otringal’s Starport. The second time Twinsen needs a token is when leaving Island CX to Otringal. The token is required for the shuttle to take off.

[related]

Starport
Island CX Control Tower
Esmers Shuttle

[authors]

morshem
Old 2002-07-17, 10:07

Key of the passage which leads to Island CX

[official]

When receiving the key:
Quote:
You just found the key of the passage which leads to island CX.
Inventory Description:
Quote:
This key will allow you to open the doors of the passage, whose entrance is in the village of the Mosquibees, and which will allow you to go up to islet CX.
Queen Astrid:
Quote:
You are now welcome in the village of the Mosquibees and we will help you reach the island CX. I not only own the key to the passage which leads there, I will also open the doors for you as soon as we arrive!!
[fan]

This key opens up a door in the Island of the Mosquibees that leads to Island CX. This is the only way to get to this island, as access is blocked and no one dares venture there.

[role]

Twinsen must get to Island CX and stop the lunar reactors that threaten his planet. The only way to do that is from Mosquibees Island, as access to the island is blocked. Twinsen goes to the Island of the Mosquibees, where he meets the Mosquibee queen. The queen tells Twinsen she will give him the key, if he passes a challenge. After passing the challenge, Twinsen thinks he can finally get to Island CX, but then the Franco Guards attack the village, and the queen is held captive. Twinsen must get to the queen, who then gives him the key. Only then Twinsen can finally get to Island CX.

[related]

Queen Astrid
Throne Room
Challenge Room
Island CX

[authors]

morshem

Old 2002-07-17, 13:36
Magic Ball Master

That's great Kieron, I'm glad you're still in.

Everything has been added. Also morshem's excellent articles ofcourse.

I'm starting on Fortress Island now.
Old 2002-07-18, 08:57

Pick-Ax

[official]

When buying the pick-ax:
Quote:
You just bought a pick-ax. Use it to dig or detach rocks and pieces of crystal.
Inventory Description:
Quote:
This pick-ax will allow you to dig into the ground or harder materials. With it, you can now locate objects buried underground, or extract materials.
[fan]

The pick-ax is used to dig in grassy areas. It is mainly used by the Wannies, who mine gems.

[role]

Twinsen buys the pick-ax from the bazaar at the Island of the Francos. The first time he uses it is when looking for the Francos Fragment. The pick-ax is needed there in order to dig for the fragment.
The second time Twinsen needs the pick-ax, is after getting the Laser Pistol from the dissidents. In order for the pistol to work, Twinsen must find rock crystal. After digging in the Island of Celebration for rock crystal, the pistol can work. Without it, Twinsen cannot advance in the game, as the pistol is needed to access the harbour of the Francos.

[related]

Francos Fragment
Laser Pistol
Francos Bazaar
Piece of Rock Crystal

[authors]

morshem

Old 2002-07-18, 09:20

Piece of Rock Crystal

[official]

When finding the rock crystal:
Quote:
You now own a laser-pistol in working condition. It gives you enough firepower to reach distant targets that your magical ball cannot reach.
Inventory description:
Quote:
This piece of the Crystal of Celebration is of unmatched purity. It will allow you to operate a pisto-Laser.
[fan]

The rock crystal is a crystal used to operate laser pistols. It can be found in the Island of Celebration.

[role]

In order to get to the Undergas, Twinsen must first go to the Francos Harbour. To do that, he needs a powerful weapon, like the Laser Pistol. However, the Laser Pistol won’t operate until Twinsen loads it with rock crystal. Twinsen gets to crystal from the Island of Celebratoin, and can then operate his Laser Pistol.

[related]

Laser Pistol
Pick-Ax

[authors]

morshem
Old 2002-07-18, 09:41

Portable Radio

[official]

When receiving the radio:
Quote:
You now own a portable radio. You can now receive calls from your friends.
Inventory Desctiption
Quote:
This portable radio allows you to dialogue with Baldino and Zoé when they are listening and if they are not out of range.
Zoe:
Quote:
Oh, Baldino called recently -- he says he forgot to give you a portable radio and he wants you to come by to pick it up.
Jerome Baldino
Quote:
If you swing by, I have a portable radio to give you.
Quote:
Here, this is that portable radio I forgot to give you. Sorry about the mixup, but I think you'll agree it was worth waiting for!
Quote:
I could've called it an "integrated super dynamo circuitry mechanism" but I decided to go with "portable radio". A little catchier, huh?
[fan]

The portable radio, created by Jerome Baldino, enables contact between two people if they are not out of range.

[theories]
Twinsen is able to receive calls with the radio, but he is unable to call others.
Until Twinsen gets the radio, Zoe doesn’t bring the car to Desert Island.

[role]

Twinsen gets the Portable Radio from Jerome Baldino. Until getting it, Zoe will never bring the car to Desert Island, and Twinsen won’t be able to complete the Garden Balsam test.
The next time Twinsen gets a call in the radio, is when Baldino contacts him from Emerald Moon. Baldino tells Twinsen about the plans of the Esmers, and tell Twinsen to go to Emerald Moon.
Baldino also calls Twinsen a few times while on Otringal, reminding him to get the gazogem.

[trivia]

Baldino contacts Twinsen from Emerald Moon. That means the radio can be used over long ranges.

[related]

Jerome Baldino
Zoe

[authors]

morshem
Old 2002-07-20, 12:05
I may LOOK innocent

morshem>Maybe you can say how much the pick-ax costs. Believe it was 20 zlitos.

Can I do the waepons? I also`ll try the fragments and maube some other inventory items.
Who become unhappy mothers
And fathers of unhappy kids
And why's that?
'Cause they've forgotten how to play
Old 2002-07-20, 16:09
Magic Ball Master

Twinsal: you can pick anything not written about yet, I believe some weapons have already been done.

Thanks for the articles, morshem. Everything has been added.
Old 2002-07-20, 21:01
I may LOOK innocent

I believe only the lasterpistol is done. I`m working on the darts and umbrella right now. And I want to make something about the space suit. It doesn`t count as an object but I think you can call it one. (this also counts for the car)

(you say the book of Bu only appears in LBA1 but that`s not true. It also is in Miss Bloop`s museum.)
And why's that?

Last edited by Twinsal; 2002-07-20 at 23:39.
Old 2002-07-20, 21:52
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Twinsal
(you say the book of Bu only appears in LBA1 but that`s not true. It also is in Miss Bloop`s museum.)
Yeah... but I meant the Book of Bù as an object, not just as an artifact.
Old 2002-07-21, 00:31
I may LOOK innocent

Darts

[official]

When receiving the Darts:
Quote:
You have found three darts.
Inventory description:
Quote:
You can throw these darts at any time by selecting them in the inventory. To retrieve them, you only have to touch them.
Buying it in Citadel Island`s shop:
Quote:
Three darts cost 4 kashes.
Buying it in Desert Island`s shop:
Quote:
Three darts will cost you 4 kashes.
For the Duck-shooting game.
Quote:
Would you like 3 darts and try some duck shooting? The price is 4 kashes.
[fan]
The darts are one of the weapons you can get in LBA2.

[role]
The darts are Twinsen`s second weapon and the only from the weapons with no big importance for the game. Twinsen gets 3 of them at a time and only when he doesn`t have any others left. Twinsen can find them for free in the back room of his house, but everywhere else he has to pay 4 kashes for them. The darts soon don`t have any effect on the ennemies anymore. In the back of Twinsen`s house he also finds a statue of Funfrock and a dartboard. Hit these things with the darts to get life and magic points. And at the Temple of Bù Duck-shooting he`ll need them to win the balloons in order to get in the pit.

[related]
Twinsen

[authors]
Twinsal
And why's that?

Last edited by Twinsal; 2002-07-21 at 19:53.
Old 2002-07-21, 00:33
I may LOOK innocent

Is this good? I didn`t know anything related to it and I also wouldn`t know how to do that. (means you can click on it and go to it)
And why's that?
Old 2002-07-21, 10:56

You forgot to write about the darts' role in the Temple of Bù.
Old 2002-07-21, 12:43
I may LOOK innocent

Good this time?
wacko>how can I do that related stuff? And do you need also info about characters?
And why's that?

Last edited by Twinsal; 2002-07-21 at 13:16.
Old 2002-07-21, 13:36
I may LOOK innocent

Wizard`s Diploma

[official]

Grand Rector of the School of Magic:
Quote:
You can bring me the result of each test at your leisure, but I will give you your wizard`s diploma and your new level of magic only after you succeed in all 3 tests.
Quote:
Now then, meet me at the School of Magic. I`ve got a surprise for you.
Quote:
Bravo Twinsen. You now bear the title of wizard.
Twinsen:
"I hold a wizard`s diploma"

When receiving the Wizard`s Diploma:
Quote:
You just received your wizard`s diploma. Plus you just earned a new level of magic: green Ball.
Inventory description:
Quote:
Your diploma in magic has allowed you to reach the green ball level of magic.
On the prickboard:
Quote:
Honor roll of most recent wizard graduates: Aril van Koow, Hougo Dolphar, Carnogeel, Twinsen.
Chedil Amiradoo:

"My dear sir, my goods are only available for fully licensed wizards."

[fan]
The Wizard`s Diploma is the proof Twinsen is a wizard.

[theories]
Twinsen only needed to pass one test to become a healer so he could cure Dino-Fly. He had no reasons to do all the tests, so why did he do it?

[role]
Twinsen becomes a wizard after succeeding the three tests. He then receives this diploma. With the diploma he gets a new level of magic and after showing it to Chedil Amiradoo he gets a wizard`s parade outfit. Later, he can sell it to the shop on Otringal for 25 Zlitos.

[related]
Magic Ball
Wizard`s parade tunic

[authors]
Twinsal
And why's that?

Last edited by Twinsal; 2002-07-21 at 19:52.
Old 2002-07-21, 14:01
I may LOOK innocent

Wizard`s Parade Tunic

[official]

Grand rector of the School of Magic:
Quote:
I don`t have any spare wizard`s parade tunics left. But there is a peddler on the island. I`ll contact him and ask him to give you one. Go find him. Also, let your beard grow.
Quote:
You have to find a peddler who lives on the island. I advised him to provide you with a hat and your wizard`s parade tunic.
On the prickboard:
Quote:
Looking for a costume or magic accessories? Well, Chedil Amiradoo has a deal that`ll make your head spin. Low, low prices and after-sales service. Currently doing the rounds on your island.
Chedil Amiradoo:
Quote:
Ah, you must be Twinsen. Congratulations for passing your examination. If you want a magician`s tunic it`ll cost you 50 kashes. We`ll throw in a false beard to make you look like an old magician. Interested?
When receiving the Wizard`s Parade Tunic:
Quote:
You just found a parade outfit for the wizards. It`ll make you look like an old wizard.
Inventory description:
Quote:
This parade outfit is accessible only to Twinsun`s graduated wizards. It makes you a bona fide magician.
[fan]
Twinsen gets the parade outfit after showing it to Chedil Amiradoo. It makes the Esmers stop shooting at him.

[role]
Twinsen is asked to help in the search for the missing wizards. He therefor goes undercover as a wizard by being one and look ing like one. the Esmers don`t recognize him and think he`s just a harmless wizard they can wizardnapp. Nobody of the Esmers recognizes him untill Joe betrays Twinsen. He then loses his wizard`s costume

[related]
Wizard`s diploma

[authors]
Twinsal
And why's that?

Last edited by Twinsal; 2002-07-21 at 19:51.
Old 2002-07-21, 18:32
I may LOOK innocent

Umbrella

[official]

Leone:
Quote:
Here`s the deal. I will tell you how to treat your Dino-Fly, if you would bring back my umbrella. Use your smarts but remember that, in life, haste makes waste...
Twinsen:
Quote:
The umbrella please.
Quote:
I have an umbrella.
Thief:
Quote:
But that`s my umb...Oh!!! excuse me...I thought it was mine. Boohooo, I`m so embarrassed...I keep making mistakes.
When receiving the umbrella:
Quote:
You just found the customer`s umbrella.
Inventory description:
Quote:
This umbrella belongs to a pharmacy customer.
[fan]
By giving this umbrella back to Leone, she`ll give you a hint for how to treat Dino-Fly. Twinsen can also keep it and sell it on Otringal.

[role]
At the pharmacy, Twinsen is witness of the stealing of this umbrella. Leone, the rightful owner, wants to help Twinsen curing Dino-Fly, but only if he brings back her umbrella first. Twinsen has to sneak to the thief. Leone will help Twinsen also without bringing back her umbrella. Twinsen can keep it and sell it on Otringal for 20 Zlitos.

[related]
Leone

[authors]
Twinsal
And why's that?

Last edited by Twinsal; 2002-07-21 at 19:51.
Old 2002-07-21, 19:25
I may LOOK innocent

Pyramid Shaped Key

[official]

Neighbour:
Quote:
The gallic acid has revealed a text previously invisible. It mentions a small pyramid that was in my possession. Here! It`s yours!
Map of the sewers:
Quote:
In the secret room, in the center of the sewers, there is an enchanted globe. The Weather Wizard put it there. According to him, it has to do with the prophecy of Sendell. I preferred to lock this room: it can be opened only with the small pyramid.
When receiving the Pyramid Shaped Key:
Quote:
Your neighbour just gave you a Pyramid Shaped Key.
Inventory description:
Quote:
This Pyramid is a key. If you put it in the right place, it will activate a mechanism giving you access to a secret place.
[fan]
This key allows Twinsen to reach the cage of ice surrounding sendell`s Ball.

[role]
After giving the Flask of Gallic Acid to his neighbour, Twinsen gets the Pyramid Shaped Key. He must then go to the middle of the sewers and use it on the same coloured shape on the ground. The door to the secret room with Sendell`s Ball will open.

[related]
Sendell`s Ball
Flask with Gallic Acid
Bersimon

[authors]
Twinsal
And why's that?

Last edited by Twinsal; 2002-07-21 at 19:50.
Old 2002-07-21, 19:49
I may LOOK innocent

Translator

[official]

Twinsen:
Quote:
What`s he saying??
Jerome Baldino:
Quote:
Hey, Twinsen, take this translator, and you will conveniently understand the language of Zeelich!!
When receiving the Translator:
Quote:
You have found a translator. Now you`ll be able to understand the Esmer language.
Inventory description:
Quote:
This translator allows you to understand everything said by the visitors from Space. In discreet mode, you can even spy on conversations.
[fan]
With the translator Twinsen understands the Esmer language.

[role]
Twinsen must get a translator to understand the Esmers. He can get it 2 times in a space shuttle, in the prison on Otringal and eventually from Baldino. If he doesn`t have one before going to Emerald Moon, he won`t understand what the Moon Base asks and therefor, he won`t answer. The guards outside will then try to kill him.

[related]
Jerome Baldino

[authors]
Twinsal
And why's that?