Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > Off topic

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Off topic General off-topic chat goes in here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #51  
Old 2002-11-16, 20:03
Medur's Avatar
Medur Medur is offline
LBA fan
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: São Paulo, Brazil
Posts: 2,778
Maybe because the WC thread was too good and the ones that came after it were barely interesting? -_-
-
BTW, Snap, that comment about me and Atresica was very unhappy.
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 2002-11-16, 20:05
Atresica Atresica is offline
What is this place?
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Somewhere far far away
Posts: 12,024
Send a message via ICQ to Atresica Send a message via AIM to Atresica Send a message via MSN to Atresica
Quote:
Originally posted by Double-J
WTF? Because Medur is a friend of mine and Atre is a mod?
Oh great, I might be acting tough alright but do you really think I'd be doing mod actions if you complain about me?

Only when you try to correct my spelling ^_^
__________________
*Blub*
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 2002-11-16, 21:16
Axx's Avatar
Axx Axx is offline
The return of
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Jerusalem, Palestine
Posts: 4,449
oh its now less heated (damn good one jj when you replied lightly to my opinion.. that was nice one:P)

hmz maybe because they only liek football but find sex not interisting:P

P.S. at one point the creator of the board agreed it was going downhill:P i thought so too last year.. my reason was that it wasnt interisting.. so after that i started visisting the offtopic rather than general, and eversince im only on this thread (offtopic):P

morden is jj in disguise:P (or just an extreme friend because jj likes uk therefore likes me but hates palestine therefore hates me but puts in between saudi arabia there fore dosnt hate nor like me:P)
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 2002-11-16, 23:16
Double-J's Avatar
Double-J Double-J is offline
Magic Ball Master
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 14,979
Quote:
Originally posted by Morden279
Snapman, Gustav, please answer the question;

WHY DO YOU THINK THE MBN HAS GONE DOWNHILL SINCE THE WORLD CUP?

Regards,
Morden

I don't think I could make it any clearer, Snap/Gustav.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 2002-11-17, 01:28
Gustav Sweden's Avatar
Gustav Sweden Gustav Sweden is offline
Hello
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Oresund Region
Posts: 7,724
Send a message via MSN to Gustav Sweden
I gave Double-J a truce at IRC earlier on today, but he didn't want to take it. So therefor I have to answer the question that you keep wanting me to.

If you read closely in the source that Double-J provided in the thread post #3, you see that I never said that actually. In my unpermanent state of condition I said "It (the MBN downhill run) started before (the World Cup)". So basically you just can't read your sources.

Snapman said this, but I am sure that he didn't mean it literally. Double-J got all this all wrong, and didn't understand that it wasn't the occation to create a thread.

About members that joined after the World Cup: I dont know any of them apart from Anakin who I spoke a slight bit too, and I didn't dislike him at all. I don't see why you, apart from us, keep using arguments that you just "take from the air". It is unnecesary. Very.
__________________
People like Coldplay, but they don't love them. People like U2, but they don't love them. But people fucking love Oasis. That's the way it is. It's more than the music.
-Noel Gallagher
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 2002-11-17, 02:49
Double-J's Avatar
Double-J Double-J is offline
Magic Ball Master
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 14,979
For petes sake, just answer the question! Why do you think the MBN has gone downhill since the friggin' world cup thread (and I guess before according to you)? You might not have said it, but you seemingly agreed with it. Stop tapdancing around and blaming me and just answer the friggin question, and this can end.

Edit: Well, since Gustav lieks to post my links, I see no problem posting one of his "shining moments" threads." http://forum.magicball.net/showthread.php?threadid=3191

Hey Gustav, is he still a fucker?

Last edited by Double-J; 2002-11-17 at 03:04.
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 2002-11-17, 03:38
CS2x's Avatar
CS2x CS2x is offline
inharmonic explorer
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: London
Posts: 1,998
I am the only one here who is keeping this forum in order. If it wasn't for my wonderful and lovely threads about turtles and seaside resorts, everyone would have left by now.


Oh, and Double-J's views on America are very similar to mine. Did I say that already? Oh, ok.

And, I think you should beware that...."he" is comming...yes...he is...."he" is going to make sure you eat the wood.



La.
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 2002-11-17, 03:42
Double-J's Avatar
Double-J Double-J is offline
Magic Ball Master
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 14,979
Quote:
Originally posted by CS2x


Oh, and Double-J's views on America are very similar to mine. Did I say that already? Oh, ok.

Hehe....so lets see, thats like 4 people who actually agree with me!


Quote:
Originally posted by CS2x
And, I think you should beware that...."he" is comming...yes...he is...."he" is going to make sure you eat the wood.



La.
"He"?

OMG.....no way...."HE!?!" IS COMING???? OMFG!!!! AND HE'S GONNA GIVE ME WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 2002-11-17, 06:39
Reek's Avatar
Reek Reek is offline
Party animal
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: israel
Posts: 8,801
Send a message via ICQ to Reek Send a message via MSN to Reek
Quote:
Originally posted by Double-J
Hehe....so lets see, thats like 4 people who actually agree with me!


Has it occured to you that this "person" is out of his mind?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceGuitarist
This is work of higher intelligences, who take other, esoteric and psychological sciences into account than we are normally used to even consider, numerology being one of them, because everything for them is ritualistic and everything is meant for a deep programming of our psychological state. One day witchcraft and science will collide.
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 2002-11-17, 06:44
Double-J's Avatar
Double-J Double-J is offline
Magic Ball Master
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 14,979
I think that depends on how you look at it...on one hand, he's a crazy assed d00d who makes electronic music and claims "he" is coming to make us eat wood. On the other hand, he is incredibly sane and sensible individual, a real political mastermind if you will.
Reply With Quote
  #61  
Old 2002-11-17, 10:38
Axx's Avatar
Axx Axx is offline
The return of
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Jerusalem, Palestine
Posts: 4,449
Quote:
Originally posted by CS2x
I am the only one here who is keeping this forum in order. If it wasn't for my wonderful and lovely threads about turtles and seaside resorts, everyone would have left by now.


Oh, and Double-J's views on America are very similar to mine. Did I say that already? Oh, ok.

And, I think you should beware that...."he" is comming...yes...he is...."he" is going to make sure you eat the wood.



La.
me too!!!! i also think the same... but i delete and replace us with amc... All muslim countries:P

you kept this forum in order... your "art" and "restorts" threads have havocked this forum... gilotien for you my friend
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 2002-11-17, 13:14
Gustav Sweden's Avatar
Gustav Sweden Gustav Sweden is offline
Hello
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Oresund Region
Posts: 7,724
Send a message via MSN to Gustav Sweden
Quote:
Originally posted by Double-J
For petes sake, just answer the question! Why do you think the MBN has gone downhill since the friggin' world cup thread (and I guess before according to you)? You might not have said it, but you seemingly agreed with it. Stop tapdancing around and blaming me and just answer the friggin question, and this can end.
Again you show that you can't read. Let me quote myself:
Quote:
If you read closely in the source that Double-J provided in the thread post #3, you see that I never said that actually. In my unpermanent state of condition I said "It (the MBN downhill run) started before (the World Cup)". So basically you just can't read your sources.
Also: About the link you posted: Why do you bother digging up threads like that for no reason? That was the last of mine and ghost's showoffs. It was mostly an act, but why dig them up? You had no reason but the fact that I digged up one of yours. The difference between the two dig-ups is that my digup tried to prove a point, (If your hasty critisism shall be taken seriously) while your one just come with a stupid question.
__________________
People like Coldplay, but they don't love them. People like U2, but they don't love them. But people fucking love Oasis. That's the way it is. It's more than the music.
-Noel Gallagher
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 2002-11-17, 14:52
Double-J's Avatar
Double-J Double-J is offline
Magic Ball Master
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 14,979
Obviously you are the one who can't read:

Quote:
Why do you think the MBN has gone downhill since the friggin' world cup thread (and I guess before according to you)? You might not have said it, but you seemingly agreed with it.
So a.) learn how to read yourself and b.) answer the friggin question.
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 2002-11-17, 14:55
Double-J's Avatar
Double-J Double-J is offline
Magic Ball Master
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 14,979
Quote:
Originally posted by Gustav Sweden
The difference between the two dig-ups is that my digup tried to prove a point, (If your hasty critisism shall be taken seriously) while your one just come with a stupid question.
Right...

you were trying to prove a point with this statement :

Quote:
Originally posted by Gustav Sweden in the beforementioned thread
YOU ARE A FUCKER!
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 2002-11-17, 15:01
Snapman's Avatar
Snapman Snapman is offline
Magic Ball Master
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 1,525
Double-J, to answer your question:

The World Cup thread was my fave thread ever on these forums. No other thread has matched the greatness of that thread for me. Also around that time, the overall quality of threads was very high. Since then, due to lack of any real news on Trium Planeta, and the fact that everything LBA related has been discussed, the quality level has dipped somewhat. Once more info about TP arrives, things will most likely improve.

Now, it is my turn to ask YOU the questions.

Q. Why did you create this thread? People have complained about the MBN before, and they never had people make threads about them, trying to turn people against them. So why?

Q. Why did you use lies in order to get people against me and Gustav? You always said, despite the fact that you had no proof, that we had something against new members of the forum. Despite the fact that I told you twice that this was not true, you still persisted. Were you trying to make us look bad deliberatly?
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 2002-11-17, 15:14
Gustav Sweden's Avatar
Gustav Sweden Gustav Sweden is offline
Hello
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Oresund Region
Posts: 7,724
Send a message via MSN to Gustav Sweden
Double-J: I didn't agree, since I said "it started before". Once again you haven't read...
__________________
People like Coldplay, but they don't love them. People like U2, but they don't love them. But people fucking love Oasis. That's the way it is. It's more than the music.
-Noel Gallagher
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 2002-11-17, 15:18
Double-J's Avatar
Double-J Double-J is offline
Magic Ball Master
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 14,979
Quote:
Originally posted by Snapman
Double-J, to answer your question:

The World Cup thread was my fave thread ever on these forums. No other thread has matched the greatness of that thread for me. Also around that time, the overall quality of threads was very high. Since then, due to lack of any real news on Trium Planeta, and the fact that everything LBA related has been discussed, the quality level has dipped somewhat. Once more info about TP arrives, things will most likely improve.
Now was that so hard? Thank you Snapman, I appreciate you answering the question.

Quote:
Originally posted by Snapman
Now, it is my turn to ask YOU the questions.

Q. Why did you create this thread? People have complained about the MBN before, and they never had people make threads about them, trying to turn people against them. So why?

Q. Why did you use lies in order to get people against me and Gustav? You always said, despite the fact that you had no proof, that we had something against new members of the forum. Despite the fact that I told you twice that this was not true, you still persisted. Were you trying to make us look bad deliberatly?
1.) I created this thread because I am sick and tired of people bitching about the slump the MBN is in. Maybe (definately) you all just rubbed me the wrong way that day, and I'd had enough. Let's put it this way- I just would prefer that people stop complaining about the MBN if they aren't going to do something about it. (Once again, however, you sig quiz is a good start.)

2.) Lies? Why, because Gustav said the forum is so "n00b"? And even if you didn't physically say "I AGREE 100% with Gustav", you didn't deny it. I really dislike the way that people interpret n00bs. Because they quite frankly are the lifeblood of a forum such as this, with old members fading, new ones come to take their place. And as "old skool" members, I think that you should welcome them rather than condemn them. (I have been erred however, it appears that you don't feel this way, so I will retract comments made towards you and the n00b ideas.)
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 2002-11-17, 15:21
Double-J's Avatar
Double-J Double-J is offline
Magic Ball Master
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 14,979
Quote:
Originally posted by Gustav Sweden
Double-J: I didn't agree, since I said "it started before". Once again you haven't read...
Holy shit. Please, do as Snapman has done, and ANSWER THE FRIGGIN QUESTION!!!!

Thank you.

[edit: stay of the CRTL-V next time]

Last edited by Atresica; 2002-11-17 at 18:58.
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 2002-11-17, 15:32
Gustav Sweden's Avatar
Gustav Sweden Gustav Sweden is offline
Hello
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Oresund Region
Posts: 7,724
Send a message via MSN to Gustav Sweden
If Snapman disagreed on the last line in your source we do not know, since we don't see what he answered. What I meant with "the threads now are so n00b" was, if you had been inserting more into the source, the say something bad/good threads, which were fucking silly. (I still participated, you have to be silly sometimes).

Still, I can't answer that question since I never said that the forum went downhill after the World Cup.
__________________
People like Coldplay, but they don't love them. People like U2, but they don't love them. But people fucking love Oasis. That's the way it is. It's more than the music.
-Noel Gallagher
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 2002-11-17, 15:41
Double-J's Avatar
Double-J Double-J is offline
Magic Ball Master
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 14,979
Quote:
Originally posted by Gustav Sweden
If Snapman disagreed on the last line in your source we do not know, since we don't see what he answered. What I meant with "the threads now are so n00b" was, if you had been inserting more into the source, the say something bad/good threads, which were fucking silly. (I still participated, you have to be silly sometimes).

Still, I can't answer that question since I never said that the forum went downhill after the World Cup.
Well then just answer perhaps why you think the MBN has gone downhill in general?
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 2002-11-17, 18:54
Morden279 Morden279 is offline
Magic Ball Master
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 1,619
Quote:
Originally posted by Double-J
Well then just answer perhaps why you think the MBN has gone downhill in general?
GUSTAV, ANSWER THE QUESTION.

Morden
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 2002-11-17, 19:00
Atresica Atresica is offline
What is this place?
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Somewhere far far away
Posts: 12,024
Send a message via ICQ to Atresica Send a message via AIM to Atresica Send a message via MSN to Atresica
Keep your bloody tone down yes? we're not standing at a highway

As far as I know, when gustav said the threads of these days were N00B it means that they are bad, it has nothing to do with new members
There is a difference between n00bish and newbie'ish if you ask me

thank you for listening.
__________________
*Blub*
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 2002-11-17, 19:07
Morden279 Morden279 is offline
Magic Ball Master
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 1,619
Quote:
Originally posted by Atresica
Keep your bloody tone down yes? we're not standing at a highway
Hey, it works for Jeremy Paxman. He asked Michael Howard to answer a question that he put 14 times on Newsnight.

At the moment, it seems like its the only way to conclude this controversy. On another thread, I've explained why I'm a conservative. Therefore, it shouldn't be too hard for Gustav to explain why he thinks the MBN has "gone downhill" recently.

Simple question really. Kind of suspicious that he can't seem to answer it.

Regards,
Morden
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 2002-11-17, 19:37
Gustav Sweden's Avatar
Gustav Sweden Gustav Sweden is offline
Hello
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Oresund Region
Posts: 7,724
Send a message via MSN to Gustav Sweden
Now, a new question that has to be answered. You weren't happy with the answer you two got on the last one? Apparently not. Sad that I won't answer now. I have to evaluate the possibilities first. I'll think of that on my way back to Höganäs.
__________________
People like Coldplay, but they don't love them. People like U2, but they don't love them. But people fucking love Oasis. That's the way it is. It's more than the music.
-Noel Gallagher
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 2002-11-17, 19:47
Double-J's Avatar
Double-J Double-J is offline
Magic Ball Master
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 14,979
Quote:
Originally posted by Gustav Sweden
I'll think of that on my way back to Höganäs.
From where? Leningrad? Stalingrad?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 21:23.


News Feed
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, the Magicball Network