Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > General
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

General The general chatting goes on in here. That means talk about the LBA games and it's world.

Old 2009-06-15, 11:55
Magic Level: Yellow Ball

Twinsen Hi and Waybuloo

I've been a frequent visitor to this site as a guest for many years (and at one time, a member under the name 'darklord'). I mostly check it out for any news about LBA3. As with most of you, the LBA series remain among my favourite games of all time (Along with the Oliver Twins' 'Dizzy' series, FFVII and Draken on the PC). However, one morning last year, I awoke to find I was 31 years old, married and with a with a baby on the way. I came to a decision to sell my remaining collection of games, which I did (these included Copies of LBA1 + 2 for PC, and LBA1 for PS1) I also came to the sad conclusion that sadly LBA3 will never, ever be. That is of course my opinion, which you may or may not agree with.

Anyway, the reason for me signing up is to do with the aforementioned baby - she's 1 this month, and obviously, our TV is now permanently programmed into the CEEBEEIES channel (UK BBC run childrens TV for the under 6's for those not from the UK). Anyway, I was sitting there yesterday watching a programme called WAYBULOO (kind of another Teletubbies clone) with my daughter, and I was suddenly struck with how similar the music (or at least the style of music) was to the LBA games. So much so, that whilst I was silently thinking of this, my wife (who is not into computer games at all) said to me 'Doesn't that music sound like Twinsen?'. Weird. I tried looking it up, but couldn't find the composer of the music. I wondered if it mught be the same person who did the LBA Music. If any of you get the chance, or have children of your own - check it out.

Anyway, as a direct result of the memories it stirred, I'm off to hunt Ebay for LBA1 and 2 and to devolve into a teenager again...
Old 2009-06-15, 13:44
Magic Ball Master

See, I told you guys LBA were kiddy games.
Old 2009-06-16, 17:54
LBA2 Maestro

That's why LBA is very popular among the planet without people even knowing it
Old 2009-06-16, 18:26
Magic level: Ice Ball

Send a message via MSN to morshem
Can you post links maybe? I tried YouTube and found nothing.
Old 2009-06-17, 14:25

Everyone's being brainwashed.
here's the BBC iPlayer link:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/cbeebie..._Toks_Naracar/

Still don;t know if it's the same composer, although more likely whoever wrote it was inspired by LBA (or it could just be a coincidence).
Old 2009-06-17, 14:26

BBC iPlayer may be UK only I can;t say for sure, as I've never tried it outside of the UK.
Old 2009-06-17, 14:27

Oh, and yes - you DO have to sit through the whole 20 minutes to get a 'feel' for what I'm saying.
Old 2009-06-17, 20:25
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklord1977 View Post
Oh, and yes - you DO have to sit through the whole 20 minutes to get a 'feel'
That's a long time to wait for just a feel...