Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > Fan Creations > Fan Fics
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Fan Fics Place for your fan fictions

Old 2004-08-28, 19:52
You what?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightwing
So I'll just give you my tip of the day: It would be nice to have as much characters as possible that have not been mentioned too many times already. What I mean by that is, don't put FunFrock and Twinsen into the story because frankly, I for one am really tired of them. Same goes for Baldino and the rest of the lot.

Instead, try to make up your own heroes and characters and give them your own personality.
I agree. It's at least time for some of Twinsen's descendant to take the spotlight. Why wont he die?

Last edited by ChaosFish; 2004-08-28 at 21:08. Reason: fixed [qoute] tag
Old 2004-08-28, 22:24
What is this place?

Send a message via ICQ to Atresica Send a message via AIM to Atresica Send a message via MSN to Atresica
not even that. Twinsun is a large planet, so is Zeelich, one can always do something with the 10 million other people
Old 2004-08-28, 22:34
weee

ehm did you just say Twinsun is a large planet?
Old 2004-08-29, 00:52
What is this place?

Send a message via ICQ to Atresica Send a message via AIM to Atresica Send a message via MSN to Atresica
yes I did, in case you fail to notice, there is a slight but subtle difference between Twinsen and Twinsun. The former being a character, the latter being a planet.

I don't know what your definition is of large, but I can tell you I find it large
Old 2004-08-29, 00:58
weee

I know the differences between Twinsen and Twinsun

But Twinsun is really small, it's about the size of a town (especially in LBA2).
Old 2004-08-29, 07:30
Magic level: Ice Ball

Send a message via MSN to morshem
Yeah, its population is like no more than a couple of hundred citizens.
Old 2004-08-29, 10:42
What is this place?

I strongly doubt that, you don't get to the whole of each island.
'Realistically' speaking, there are much more.
Old 2004-08-29, 12:37

Actually, in LBA 1 we do see the whole planet.
Old 2004-08-29, 13:17
What is this place?

No you don't, you don't travel to every part of the planet, not even every part of a city.

Thinking logically, a population of the size you considder it to be cannot exist, it would have died from inbreding.
I think that if they had the time and technology, Twinsun would be a far larger and far more populated world.
Old 2004-08-29, 14:39
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
I think the logical view is both there is many you dont see, and they live vastely longer then us.
A reasonable population of twinsen could be between 10,000 and 1 million, imo.
Anything larger would require stuff that isnt even hinted at in the game.
(underwater/underground cities, ect).

Longer lifetimes would reduce the nesscery size for the population.
Also i think they have tri-band helixs for their DNA which increases the rate of mutation, and thus makes them more resistant to inbreading
Old 2004-08-29, 15:52
View paradise and fall...

how exactly can you die of inbreeding? apart from genetic ailments etc

So what if I have to have control over every situation? It's only because you would screw it up.
Two carefully balenced hypocrits could make a perfect world. All I need is another hypocrit now...
Old 2004-08-29, 16:13

I think she meant that eventually you'll have no one to reproduce with, and preserve your species.
Old 2004-08-29, 16:34
You what?!

it is really small though i remember thinking about that being probably the most dissapointing part of the game. if you think about it, in LBA2 the holomap is better and you get 2 c all of citadel island (e.g) and you do c all of it. It is really like a small town. also you dont see many people in the streets, and the few that you do c...where do they live?
Old 2004-08-29, 18:12
What is this place?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golemboy
how exactly can you die of inbreeding? apart from genetic ailments etc
The more inbreeding, the more likely a race will be filled with genetic ailments, the less people will reach their puberty, the less people there are to 'breed' with.

I just saw I wrote 10 million, that's a bit too much I admit, but I say at least the same amount as DF presumes.
Old 2004-08-31, 00:04

Send a message via ICQ to Lightwing
95% of the entire Hamalayi range is uncharted. Assuming people could live there, that's a lot of space.

Although, LBA2 kind of killed the possibility of Twinsun being a large planet. Desert Island, which I thought could have been a lot bigger, was shown as really small. That was only due to what Adeline had time and money to make. I predict though, that if LBA3 ever does come out, the dimentions of Twinsun will be proportional to (if not greater than) that of Morrowind. In other words, it'll be BIG. And since the world of Twinsun is condensed, chances are that most of the territory won't consist of merely valleys, rocks, trees, and random generated animals :P
Old 2004-09-01, 23:54
Cap'm

Send a message via AIM to Blues
I know I made this topic years ago...

But aren't you guys foolish for arguing the size of a fictional planet? :P It could be as big as, or as little as anyone wants it to be! That's the best thing about it being a game...!

This storyline...it makes me laugh when I read it back. :P
Old 2004-09-02, 07:29

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!*

* morshem's reply when hearing for the 10,000th time that Twinsun is not real
Old 2007-12-15, 04:14
Cap'm

Send a message via AIM to Blues
That post I made made me feel like an ass. XD

I wonder if I could make this storyline work still?
Old 2007-12-16, 12:17
Magic Level: Fire Ball

Send a message via MSN to proto-pack Send a message via Yahoo to proto-pack
good story but a bit predictable. in all of the lba games there has been somthing to do with stealing sendall's power i will try and make up a new story

A few days after baby arthur was born twinsen and zoé decided to go to the chez luc for a drink to celebrate baby arthurs birth. Twinsen looked out the door and saw a sold sign on there neighbors house and he thought i wonder who could have bought it?

Twinsen,Zoé and baby Arthur headed home he looked on the door of there neighbors sold house. He saw a sign on the door saying "rocknuff's house".Twinsen couldn't get to sleep he kept thinking about the name Rocknuff. he kept on repeating it in his head and knew it sounded familier but still couldn't figure it out.

When twinsen first got to sleep he was woke up by zoé who said "wake up its 9 am arthur needs his feed". Twinsen struggled to get out of bed and when he did he had bags under his eyes arthur laughed. Twinsen walked to the pharmacy but on the way he saw a removel van and he saw a fat man in a purple gown signing somthing.

on the way to the pharmacy he saw the baggage claim for sale. He ignored it and went into the pharmacy and got arthur his milk. The rabbibunny on the scooter looked at him and said "mister twinsen you look tired can i give you a lift back to your house?" Twinsen nodded his head like a teenager with a hang over.

Twinsen waved to the scooter guy when the scooter guy was riding away to the light house. He walked into his house and saw zoé looking for somthing while arthur was playing with his toy ball. Zoé said dr. rocknuff was inviting everyone round his house for a welcoming party and she was looking for a present. Twinsen told zoe that he was going to visit jerome baldino on desert island she said ok and carried on looking.

He bought a ticket from the office and sat on board the ferry he was sitting next to a mosquibee who was asleep twinsen didn't know whether to wake him up or not. when the ferry arrived at desert island he took his car and went to jeromes house. twinsen walked in and saw jerome inventing another part to the proto-pack he called jerome down and told him about the new neighbor. jerome thought he sounded a bit familier aswell and asked if he could come to the house warming party aswell to find out more about the new neighbor. A few hours later jerome and twinsen took a ferry to citadel island again and went to twinsens house he saw zoe with a big parcel in wrapping paper.

Jerome,twinsen and zoé went to dr rocknuffs party lots of people were there and some music was playing from a machine from the corner of the room. dr rocknuff was a fat man with a purple gown with a stern face. just after he announced that he bought the baggage claim. Twinsen and jerome thought that was weird what would he want with the baggage claim?

later on that night he had a dream that a hooded man sneaked in and took arthur but when he woke up arthur was gone!

Vote for lba on good old games!

http://www.gog.com/en/wishlist/

Watch my video about it!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=P4dZH7Mmdno

Multi bunny owns!
(\__/)
(O.O )
(> < )
Old 2007-12-17, 10:57
Banned

Sounds interesting!
Old 2007-12-22, 12:47
Magic Ball Master

Offtopic: Where's Atresica?!

TwinEngine v0.2.1 win32 beta released - open source re-implementation of the LBA 1 original engine.
[Discuss]|[Download]|[Changes]|[SourceCode]|[Issues]

The Sacred Carrot website