Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > First aid
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

First aid The forum for getting help to run or complete the LBA games. Note: could contain spoilers.

Old 2009-03-29, 18:12
Magic Ball Master

Send a message via MSN to LBAWinOwns
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosFish View Post
When you play with DOSBox you must play without FunnyFrog's patch applied.
Indeed.

But having the identical bug for dosbox too is quite odd. I bet you have problem with your CD.

LBA Image Creator project
(image by leoboe! )

Get the Jump-Save-Bug graphically explained here
Old 2009-03-29, 18:24
Magic Level: Yellow Ball

You know, I think you're right. It's been years since I played, so I forgot that it actually did tend to freeze at certain point and I guess 5 years in a box in the attic didn't do it much good either. So I guess it's Ebay then! Thanks you for that clever deduction, now I wont have to waste anymore time messing around with it
Old 2009-03-29, 18:27
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alleycat View Post
You know, I think you're right. It's been years since I played, so I forgot that it actually did tend to freeze at certain point and I guess 5 years in a box in the attic didn't do it much good either. So I guess it's Ebay then! Thanks you for that clever deduction, now I wont have to waste anymore time messing around with it
I strongly recommend downloading it, you seem like at least decent computer user. So I guess you know how to do it.

(image by leoboe! )

Old 2009-03-29, 19:20
Or Emi (was StreGGy)

Send a message via MSN to Streg
what would LBA2 without Funny Frog making it possible for houndreds of people to play LBA2? u.u
Old 2009-03-29, 19:42
Twinsunian Quetch

Send a message via MSN to Quetch Send a message via Yahoo to Quetch
simple answer to your problem: since in both Windows and DosBox versions, the freezing occurs at the same time and since you also remember that years before you had similar problems in other areas in the game, it's quite obvious that the reason why your game freezes now is because the background music at the menu cannot be read properly. That way, with the engine continuously struggling to loop the melody, your I/O interface gets to hang.
"Because we don't know when we will die, we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well, yet everything happens only a certain number of times, and a very small number, really. How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood, some afternoon that's so deeply a part of your being that you can't even conceive of your life without it? Perhaps four or five times more, perhaps not even that. How many more times will you watch the full moon rise? Perhaps twenty. And yet it all seems limitless." --- Paul Bowles
Old 2009-03-29, 19:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBAWinOwns View Post
I strongly recommend downloading it, you seem like at least decent computer user. So I guess you know how to do it.
I just might get over my conservative phobea of not owning the disc and download it, I actually didn't know it was possible to purchase it online now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quetch View Post
simple answer to your problem: since in both Windows and DosBox versions, the freezing occurs at the same time and since you also remember that years before you had similar problems in other areas in the game, it's quite obvious that the reason why your game freezes now is because the background music at the menu cannot be read properly. That way, with the engine continuously struggling to loop the melody, your I/O interface gets to hang.
Sounds plausible, but are you saying that the problem then possibly lies with the sound and not th'old scrathed up disc?
Old 2009-03-29, 20:10
Magic Ball Master

No, it's not because of the sound. He means the fault is in the sound file, it's corrupted so it's unreadable and the program never stops reading and it freezes.

I think he meant it that way, which is quite logical. But I might be wrong

(image by leoboe! )

Old 2009-03-29, 20:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBAWinOwns View Post
No, it's not because of the sound. He means the fault is in the sound file, it's corrupted so it's unreadable and the program never stops reading and it freezes.

I think he meant it that way, which is quite logical. But I might be wrong

Ah, I see, oh well, I've already placed a bid on Ebay for a replacement, so I guess Scratchy McScratch here just goes in the bin.

But thanks for to everyone for your replies, at least there's still hope of making the game work at some point
Old 2009-07-20, 22:09

Question

I cant run the patch because I'm using Vista 64bit, what should I do?
Old 2009-07-21, 00:53
Magic Ball Master

Use DosBox to emulate the game. There's a guide here. DosBox works on Vista. There might be a few problems with DosBox not recognizing your CD. If that happens, create a CD image and use that.
Old 2009-07-21, 01:40
weee

You don't have to use the patch, you can download the already patched EXE.
Old 2009-07-21, 11:57

Thanks
Old 2009-07-21, 12:29

Now I got another problem. The picture is good, but the game cant recognize the cd. And I've tried to make an image file, but it does nothing.
Old 2009-12-17, 10:51

Help

How do i apply the patch to twinsen!? It says twinsen.exe or the original.exe cannot be found?! someone please help!
Old 2009-12-17, 11:08
weee

I already helped you in the other thread.
Old 2009-12-17, 11:54

strange

I copied the disc's contents into a folder then put the patch in that folder. It seemed to work but then froze and only showed a picture of twinsen and zoe? help please?
Old 2017-02-22, 22:12
Magic Level: Green Ball

Hey there.
Can somebody make a zipped file of the files, contained in this patch? Can't run it using Win10 x64
Old 2017-02-23, 01:09
weee

It doesn't contain files afaik, it just contains patch code. You can get the exe with the patch applied here. Don't think it will run well on Windows 10 though, but give it a try. DOSBox is the more reliable option.
Old 2017-02-24, 01:50
Magic Level: Green Ball

Thanks, DOSBox works great, but looks like it uses more battery than native app. My daily driver is Surface pro 3, and sometime I stay far from wall outlet for long period of time
Old 2017-02-27, 20:44
Welcome to Zirla!

Send a message via ICQ to Battler Send a message via AIM to Battler Send a message via MSN to Battler Send a message via Yahoo to Battler
I really wouldn't run the game directly on the host - even if you patch it with this, you'll still have sound problems, and the patch introduces problems of its own such as the unsteerable car, and making the wizards already free when you reach that scene.