Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > Administration > Graveyard > LbaX
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

LbaX LbaX is an unofficial non profit sequel of Little Big Adventure 1 and 2 (homepage)

Old 2007-07-12, 14:32
Boobs!

LbaX is back?

Thanks to Quetch, apparently LbaX is back. Any news about this recent discovery?
Old 2007-07-12, 17:37
Or Emi (was StreGGy)

Send a message via MSN to Streg
What? Where?
Old 2007-07-12, 17:50
Magic level: Ice Ball

Send a message via MSN to morshem
http://www.madaeon.net/LbaX/Home.htm

?
Old 2007-07-12, 17:58
Or Emi (was StreGGy)

hmm i like the old site better :P
now that i think about it its thanks to lbax i found the mbn.. there was a link to this forum on lbax' site...
old memories ;P
Old 2007-07-12, 18:21
Free-lance designer

Send a message via ICQ to Horadrim
Quote:
Originally Posted by SebZ View Post
Thanks to Quetch, apparently LbaX is back. Any news about this recent discovery?
What does this mean?
Old 2007-07-12, 20:06
Boobs!

I thought you'd know.
Old 2007-07-12, 20:22
Or Emi (was StreGGy)

* StreGGy calls Quetch Fred Flinston style.
Old 2007-07-12, 21:03
Free-lance designer

No, I don`t know anything. Especially what Quetch did. If mad_aen have had any plans he`d probably share them with me, but he didn`t. I haven`t hear anything from him for months.
Old 2007-07-12, 21:06
Twinsunian Quetch

Send a message via MSN to Quetch Send a message via Yahoo to Quetch
lol nope what SebZ wanted to say is that I've seen the news update and I have informed him about it
"Because we don't know when we will die, we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well, yet everything happens only a certain number of times, and a very small number, really. How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood, some afternoon that's so deeply a part of your being that you can't even conceive of your life without it? Perhaps four or five times more, perhaps not even that. How many more times will you watch the full moon rise? Perhaps twenty. And yet it all seems limitless." --- Paul Bowles
Old 2007-07-12, 21:33
Free-lance designer

Well, in this case, I`ll have to disappoint you all, there`s nothing new around the project. I see that Daveide now has a serious buisness and I think that the chance to turn back to LBAx is very minimal now.
Old 2007-07-12, 21:54
Magic Ball Master

Send a message via MSN to LBAWinOwns
Daveide = mad_aeon?

So, Horadrim, do you have possibility to continue with the coding?

LBA Image Creator project
(image by leoboe! )

Get the Jump-Save-Bug graphically explained here
Old 2007-07-12, 22:41
Twinsunian Quetch

Horadrim, can you PLEASE check and see if u have any working LBAX demos I never got to play LBAx cause of that stupid crashing bug please please please
"Because we don't know when we will die, we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well, yet everything happens only a certain number of times, and a very small number, really. How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood, some afternoon that's so deeply a part of your being that you can't even conceive of your life without it? Perhaps four or five times more, perhaps not even that. How many more times will you watch the full moon rise? Perhaps twenty. And yet it all seems limitless." --- Paul Bowles
Old 2007-07-12, 23:20
Or Emi (was StreGGy)

im sure his name is Davide :P
do you mean that the whole project is dead? or do you have the files to continue working?
Old 2007-07-13, 10:07
Magic Level: Red Ball

Ah lbaX...
It's been a long time since I've heard of it.Well it was a cool project 3 years ago,but again nothing special to me.We need to see the job that has been done in this project and anyway you need people to help you in this.

Old 2007-07-13, 10:34
Twinsunian Quetch

I would be glad to help if this project would still continue !!!
Old 2007-07-13, 12:22
Free-lance designer

I keep everything I made. Old and new files, storyline and so on. I studied GLScene for some time, but I don`t feel capable to continue with the coding, besides, LBAx is mad_aeon`s project and I can`t just take it under his nose. I tried several times to ask him for the sourcecodes and if he`s agree to pass the project to me, but I got no answer. I have many ideas for this game but I need a team. axxeleration and gobbles were very good conceptual artists, I do concepts too. The main problem is the programming. Since everything until now was done in delphi, I wish to continue in the same way.
Old 2007-07-13, 12:59
Twinsunian Quetch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horadrim
I keep everything I made. Old and new files
so are there any chances u still have the old 1.01 patch or some working demo ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horadrim
Since everything until now was done in delphi, I wish to continue in the same way.
in my opinion Delphi is a bit outdated now for 3D games ( very slow FPS ) and has limited capabilities but u can continue using it anyway. I would recommend DarkBasic though cause it's easy to learn and very powerful ... I can help u guys with DBasic if u want ... anyway u could also try and do what I did with LBA 1.5 cause when I took it over from Link, I re-made EVERYTHING regarding coding ... the only stuff I used were the models and sounds so u can actually start the project yourself from scratch believe me, it's fun

P.S. : on 24-31 July I will leave for Bulgaria cool, huh ?
Old 2007-07-13, 13:55
Free-lance designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quetch View Post
so are there any chances u still have the old 1.01 patch or some working demo ?

in my opinion Delphi is a bit outdated now for 3D games ( very slow FPS ) and has limited capabilities but u can continue using it anyway. I would recommend DarkBasic though cause it's easy to learn and very powerful ... I can help u guys with DBasic if u want ... anyway u could also try and do what I did with LBA 1.5 cause when I took it over from Link, I re-made EVERYTHING regarding coding ... the only stuff I used were the models and sounds so u can actually start the project yourself from scratch believe me, it's fun

P.S. : on 24-31 July I will leave for Bulgaria cool, huh ?

No, thanks. If I must choose anything different from GLScene, I`ll choose Irrlicht ( open source C++ engine ). I don`t think to took over any projects, without persmission, even if I`m the lead designer of the project.
BTW, I will no more post links to the LBAx demos I`ve got.
Old 2007-07-13, 16:24
Twinsunian Quetch

oohhhhh I really wanted to play a demo, no matter how old it was well I respect your decision anyway and as a suggestion : Torque might be useful for u if u know C++
Old 2007-07-13, 20:43
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
Do you even know what Delphi is

(image by leoboe! )

Old 2007-07-14, 10:25
Or Emi (was StreGGy)

Yeah i was thinking the same thing
Old 2007-07-14, 10:28
Twinsunian Quetch

lol of course I know ... it's the slowest thing for 3D games, BASIC comes next, then C++ is the fastest ( sort of )
Old 2007-07-14, 11:06
Free-lance designer

I think that this is very frivolous statement. The performance of any game depends from the engine and the computer itself. You can`t say that Delphi is slow or C++ is fast. It`s just a programming language, besides Delphi is based on pascal which is very easy to learn and flexible language. There is no such thing as fast or slow programming language. There are only good and bad game engines.
Old 2007-07-14, 12:25
Twinsunian Quetch

BASIC - very easy to learn ( easiest in fact ), but very slow processing
Pascal ( also Delphi ) - hybrid between the C and BASIC statement, mid-easy to learn, medium processing
C ( also C++ ) - hard to learn, very fast processing, the best for cross-platforming
Java - C++ hybrid, easier to learn than C++, very fast processing, very useful for cross-platforming

so, my mistake, Delphi is a little bit above BASIC regarding processing speed, but it is a known fact that the low-level structure data used by each language differs and also the way in which they handle OpenGL and DirectX is very different ... anyway, for the games we are trying to make, those are not a problem for now no matter what we use, LBA we want

P.S. : Horadrim, do you know if OpenGL can be used with some BASIC interpreter ? cause I don't know Delphi ... also, is Delphi hard to understand for someone who only knows Turbo Pascal and Basic ???
Old 2007-07-14, 18:53
Magic Ball Master

C++ is not the best for cross-platforming as far as I know. Java is the best for cross-platforming I think. But that really depends on the IDE the programmer uses.

(image by leoboe! )