Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > General
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

General The general chatting goes on in here. That means talk about the LBA games and its world.

Old 2014-04-25, 20:31
Magic Level: Yellow Ball

Dinofly Theories

So! After playing LBA1 and 2, some theories ocurred me...

Theory 1: Teleportation and cloning, same thing!
I've read a topic here about what kind of scientist Funfrock could be (since cloning and teleportation are very different areas). And another about the nature of clones (organic or mechanic?).
In the latter, the idea of "clone" used meaning "copy" is mentioned. So I thought...

When teleporting, you basically desintegrate something and recreates it somewhere else. What if you used the information that is used to recreate something... without the desintegration part? You'd get a copy! Or a clone.

It gets a bit trickier when you think of the organic/mechanic part. It could be that Funfrock managed to alter the information used to create the clones to switch a few parts for mechanic parts. That way he'd guarantee that the clones he created would follow his orders.

Besides that, he might have left the Quetch clones mostly organic due to them being his own species (some sense of superiority?). The Grobos were already pretty strong, but as Rabbibbunies and Spheros aren't that strong they were more deeply modified in order to better serve him.
But leaving the Grobos more organic also allowed that Groboclone on Principal Island to be seduced by that Rabbibunny, and that other one in Tippet island to sell information.

Ok, this is already to long, better post the other theory later xD
Old 2014-04-26, 18:47
Party animal

Send a message via ICQ to Reek Send a message via MSN to Reek
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagazzard View Post

Besides that, he might have left the Quetch clones mostly organic due to them being his own species (some sense of superiority?).
wait, which quetch clones are you thinking of?
the yellow ones at the end of the game don't seem mostly organic to me. or are you thinking about the guards with the green uniforms?
Old 2014-04-26, 22:23
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reek View Post
the yellow ones at the end of the game don't seem mostly organic to me. or are you thinking about the guards with the green uniforms?
Zoé?!

TwinEngine v0.2.1 win32 beta released - open source re-implementation of the LBA 1 original engine.
[Discuss]|[Download]|[Changes]|[SourceCode]|[Issues]

The Sacred Carrot website
Old 2014-04-26, 23:47
Polly parrot

THEY ARE ALL ORGANIC !!! Seriously, what makes people think that they may not be organic ? There are helmetless and armorless clones on Tippett Island who sound just like normal grobos !
Old 2014-04-27, 00:20
Magic Level: Fire Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polaris View Post
THEY ARE ALL ORGANIC !!! Seriously, what makes people think that they may not be organic ? There are helmetless and armorless clones on Tippett Island who sound just like normal grobos !
Eh... There are rabbibunny clones whose heads make a 360 degree turn. That's quite unusual for an organic creature, if you ask me.
Old 2014-04-27, 00:42
Party animal

yeah, the rabbibunny and sphero clones seem incapable of speech, and make robotic noises when they move. they seem to just be robots really.
Old 2014-04-27, 01:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reek View Post
Well, I was thinking of all of them, I think (the terrain soldiers, Zoé, Funfrock...). Yellow ones at the end? O.o What, at the construction site?
Old 2014-04-27, 09:24
Party animal

Yes. Anyway while the zoe clone indeed seems to be 1 to 1, the ones at the construction site seem pretty robotic (iirc one type seems to have a robotic jaw or something), and as for the green soldiers, I don't even know if those are quetch clones. The only reason to think so is because of that poster where it says young quetch seeks female rabbibunny, etc.
Old 2014-04-27, 17:50
Polly parrot

Those green soldiers can't much else than quetches...
Old 2014-04-27, 17:54
Magic Ball Master

I'm pretty sure they are quetches, all the other races have triats that makes it easy to identify them...
Old 2014-04-27, 21:44

Rabibunny

Well, regardless, the "meat" of the theory was the possibility of the cloning and the teleportation being the same thing xD
There are a few points agains that though, like Twinsen's clone... But maybe that's why the clone wasn't very successful?
I guess if LBA3 is made we'd probably find out. I remember reading on a topic here that Fred said that in LBA3, more of the backstory of Funfrock would be explored...

Anyway, here goes another one:

Theory 2: The descendant of Bu
So, there is no official word on who/what "Bu" is, right? I think there was a topic where Fred said that the name of the temple is related to "headache" because it was a hard part of the game. But the meaning in game is still a mystery.
Well, there is a Book of Bu which contains a Prophecy relating to Sendell... What if Bu was, then, a Prophet, who wrote the book?

Maybe then the Old Wise Rabbibunny could be a descendant of Bu. There are plenty of Rabbibunnies skeletons in the cave, it may be a cript for descendants... Maybe that's the reason he seems to be the only one in Desert Island in LBA1 (except for soldiers), he felt it was his duty to stay with the temple. And that explains how he knows so much, about the Temple, the Book, the Flute, the School of Magic...

Of course, it might be much more simple. It might all be explained just because he is old. Maybe all those stuff was common knowlegde when he was young, and he didn't want to leave Desert Island because he lived there all his life, for many decades.

But anyway, I thought I'd share the theory xD
Old 2014-04-28, 09:48
Polly parrot

But if teleportation and cloning are the same, why are there two different buildings for it ?
Old 2014-04-28, 13:30

Hmm... Good point!
Maybe the technology is basically the same, but different things are important depending on what your goal is. If you are cloning, you need to worry about the mechanical parts (creation and maintenance) while if you're teleporting to places all over the world, where you are going (and keeping tabs at the alarms) is more important.

I checked an image of the Cloning Room: http://lba.wikia.com/wiki/File:Secre...oning_Room.jpg
There are telepods there which could be used for cloning, but it is also possible that they are just used to bring the clones to the teleportation center when done.
Old 2014-04-28, 13:56
Polly parrot

Now that I think of it, for a whole cloning facility this room is surprisingly small... And non-automatic...
Old 2014-04-29, 15:36

I think maybe they had to make things smaller in LBA due to resources limitations. A lot of the facilities seem smaller, to me at least, then what I'd think they'd be. The cloning facility is the smallest, possibly due to it being later in development...

Tags
cloning, funfrock, teleportation, theory