Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > LBA Modifications > LBA Modifications - General
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Old 2004-05-24, 11:38
Welcome to Zirla!

Send a message via ICQ to Battler Send a message via AIM to Battler Send a message via MSN to Battler Send a message via Yahoo to Battler
Question LBA 2 ILE/OBL editing

Well... I already told you about an Island Height Viewer. Well... I would like to make a complete Island Editor instead. Most imporantly: how to draw a 3-D thing in Visual Basic 6.0. Then, how to display the textures. And at last, how to specify, where does a certain building appear. Please, help!!!
Old 2004-05-24, 14:47
Magic Ball Master

Don't know notthing of VB6 so I can't help.

About the buildings, see the attachement Citadel.zip that contain Citadel.ile, Citadel.obj descriptions for LBAPackEd. Maybe this can help a little.
Attached Files
File Type: zip citadel.zip‎ (1.3 KB, 173 views)

TwinEngine v0.2.1 win32 beta released - open source re-implementation of the LBA 1 original engine.
[Discuss]|[Download]|[Changes]|[SourceCode]|[Issues]

The Sacred Carrot website
Old 2004-05-24, 15:29
weee

That would be awesome! Too bad I can't help you out...
Old 2004-05-25, 12:09
Welcome to Zirla!

Send a message via ICQ to Battler Send a message via AIM to Battler Send a message via MSN to Battler Send a message via Yahoo to Battler
Thanks, alexfont, but I know, which files contain the height information (they have the disk size of 8450 bytes), and so on. But it will still be useful. Actually, I would prefer some source code (even in C). But, thanks a lot again.
Old 2004-05-25, 23:10
Code Wizard

Here is part of the code of my island viewer. It'll give you the idea on what the data is.

Completly unsupported of course :P
Attached Files
File Type: zip ileHandler.zip‎ (7.0 KB, 324 views)
Old 2004-05-28, 17:40
Code Wizard

So, is it of any help ?
Old 2004-05-28, 19:02
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
OB ~ Rather then making a 3D editor, a 3D convertor would be easier I guese. Theres already plenty of freeware 3D software that can edit formats like X,DFX,3DS ect.
Convert to one of them
Old 2004-06-06, 18:51
Magic Ball Master

So OBras, do you have some news about this?

TwinEngine v0.2.1 win32 beta released - open source re-implementation of the LBA 1 original engine.

Old 2004-06-06, 19:05
Welcome to Zirla!

The height (ILE) viewing will be in my latest project: LBA RESS Explorer, which will be a thing for viewing/editing RESS.HQR, and .ILE files. So, stay tuned.
Old 2004-06-06, 19:10
Magic Ball Master

Btw, do you know some info that we don't have in the Ress.HQR (LBA2)? Will be nice if we discover all like we made with lba1 ress file.

Old 2004-06-06, 19:39
Welcome to Zirla!

Yes. There is another model just before the Game Over model. But I don't know the model format, so I don't know, what this model is about. Anybody's help would be appreciated.
Old 2004-06-07, 20:56
View paradise and fall...

i treied transplanting the gameover model into yazors model viewer, it crashed. badly.
so that doesnt seem to work for now.
speaking of converting, i just took c.40 screenshots from Its a Clones Life and theyre all in pcx format, paint cant open them, windows pic viewer cant, Idraw cant, so is there anything that can change these to jpegs or pngs all at a time?
EDIT
got, it paint shop can open them
thnx anyway, for whatever u wud hav done if there had been a problme. but there isnt. but if there had, thnx for that
yeah... i think that makes sense.
so thnx

So what if I have to have control over every situation? It's only because you would screw it up.
Two carefully balenced hypocrits could make a perfect world. All I need is another hypocrit now...
Old 2004-06-08, 08:44
Welcome to Zirla!

The Game Over model is in a different format than the other models. This is why yaz0r's model viewer crashes in this case.
Old 2004-06-09, 23:05
View paradise and fall...

i hadnt realy expected anything else but hey
u gota do what makes ur computer have to be forcibly turned off
is that right?

So what if I have to have control over every situation? It's only because you would screw it up.
Two carefully balenced hypocrits could make a perfect world. All I need is another hypocrit now...