Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > General
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

General The general chatting goes on in here. That means talk about the LBA games and its world.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #101  
Old 2020-02-23, 14:43
wannie's Avatar
wannie wannie is offline
Magic Level: Yellow Ball
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Edinburgh
Posts: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quetch View Post
I see we're now 3 backers for the 799 pledge. Who's the other one ? Sorry for always asking, but I just wanna have a little list for ourselves in case the project gets the funding and we'll get to go to Lyon as a mini MBN team
Here I am, hello
Reply With Quote
  #102  
Old 2020-02-24, 11:59
Quetch's Avatar
Quetch Quetch is offline
Twinsunian Quetch
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Citadel Island
Posts: 4,518
Send a message via MSN to Quetch Send a message via Yahoo to Quetch
Question to all who got the 799 EUR option: I assume you have received the first e-Mail from them saying where and when the meeting with Phillipe V will be. But did you get any other info after you replied to their e-Mail? Cause I asked them to confirm the date and location, sent my e-Mail twice and still no answer back. I'm a bit annoyed just because with each day the prices are going sky high so I'd want to book my flight and hotel as early as possible, but then again if for whatever reason (like not many people being able to be there on that date and location) they choose to pick another date or location, I'm wasting all my money away since I won't have reimbursement.
__________________
"Because we don't know when we will die, we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well, yet everything happens only a certain number of times, and a very small number, really. How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood, some afternoon that's so deeply a part of your being that you can't even conceive of your life without it? Perhaps four or five times more, perhaps not even that. How many more times will you watch the full moon rise? Perhaps twenty. And yet it all seems limitless." --- Paul Bowles
Reply With Quote
  #103  
Old 2020-02-24, 21:41
wannie's Avatar
wannie wannie is offline
Magic Level: Yellow Ball
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Edinburgh
Posts: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quetch View Post
Question to all who got the 799 EUR option: I assume you have received the first e-Mail from them saying where and when the meeting with Phillipe V will be. But did you get any other info after you replied to their e-Mail? Cause I asked them to confirm the date and location, sent my e-Mail twice and still no answer back. I'm a bit annoyed just because with each day the prices are going sky high so I'd want to book my flight and hotel as early as possible, but then again if for whatever reason (like not many people being able to be there on that date and location) they choose to pick another date or location, I'm wasting all my money away since I won't have reimbursement.
I received two emails. The first one already announced the date and the city. I did not understand from the email that the date was still to be confirmed, so I went ahead and booked my flights. Having said that, I received a second email today just saying that the date indeed was the one initially announced.
Reply With Quote
  #104  
Old 2020-02-25, 14:43
SpaceGuitarist's Avatar
SpaceGuitarist SpaceGuitarist is offline
the legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Brasil
Posts: 7,109
You guys should all stay at the same hotel!
__________________

Polaris: "And what is a guitar doing in the middle of an asteroïd anyway?"
sgk: Think of it this way: it's like a message in a bottle. In our world, we put a message inside a bottle to protect it while it travels through the oceans to reach some other island. In other worlds, they put a message inside an asteroid to protect it while it travels through space to reach some other planet. In this case it is a gift, a guitar, rather than just a message.
Reply With Quote
  #105  
Old 2020-02-26, 19:37
Quetch's Avatar
Quetch Quetch is offline
Twinsunian Quetch
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Citadel Island
Posts: 4,518
Send a message via MSN to Quetch Send a message via Yahoo to Quetch
Booked mine too, see you guys there
__________________
"Because we don't know when we will die, we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well, yet everything happens only a certain number of times, and a very small number, really. How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood, some afternoon that's so deeply a part of your being that you can't even conceive of your life without it? Perhaps four or five times more, perhaps not even that. How many more times will you watch the full moon rise? Perhaps twenty. And yet it all seems limitless." --- Paul Bowles
Reply With Quote
  #106  
Old 2020-03-01, 17:09
lba1&2's Avatar
lba1&2 lba1&2 is offline
Lba1+2=3
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: On Ruby moon.
Posts: 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quetch View Post
Same here, but I asked if they are 100% sure about the date and the location and no reply back. I need to know man, since for me it'll be super expensive and non-refundable since it's on such short notice and I really would appreciate a yes/no from them, it's already been a couple of days...
I've gone ahead and booked after I got a second email saying the date was definite!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannie View Post
I guess I'll see you there then
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quetch View Post
Booked mine too, see you guys there
Looking forward to meeting you both! We should setup a group Whatsapp chat or something in case we want to meetup before / after - I'll be in Paris the night before.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosFish View Post
Press ctrl, and change from aggressive/defensive mode to lighthearted/friendly mode.
^^^
Reply With Quote
  #107  
Old 2020-03-03, 21:00
Quetch's Avatar
Quetch Quetch is offline
Twinsunian Quetch
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Citadel Island
Posts: 4,518
Send a message via MSN to Quetch Send a message via Yahoo to Quetch
same here!! even if we don't manage to meetup before (who knows how we'll mange to sync), it's still worth having the group for the meeting itself, to make sure we all arrive at the same spot, help someone out in case they're lost, etc.
__________________
"Because we don't know when we will die, we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well, yet everything happens only a certain number of times, and a very small number, really. How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood, some afternoon that's so deeply a part of your being that you can't even conceive of your life without it? Perhaps four or five times more, perhaps not even that. How many more times will you watch the full moon rise? Perhaps twenty. And yet it all seems limitless." --- Paul Bowles
Reply With Quote
  #108  
Old 2020-03-10, 16:29
Quetch's Avatar
Quetch Quetch is offline
Twinsunian Quetch
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Citadel Island
Posts: 4,518
Send a message via MSN to Quetch Send a message via Yahoo to Quetch
Phil just confirmed that next week they'll start recording! Also Kickstarter confirmed that the COVID-19 situation is still not affecting the event, they just asked us not to touch each other seems legit
__________________
"Because we don't know when we will die, we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well, yet everything happens only a certain number of times, and a very small number, really. How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood, some afternoon that's so deeply a part of your being that you can't even conceive of your life without it? Perhaps four or five times more, perhaps not even that. How many more times will you watch the full moon rise? Perhaps twenty. And yet it all seems limitless." --- Paul Bowles
Reply With Quote
  #109  
Old 2020-03-12, 19:34
lba1&2's Avatar
lba1&2 lba1&2 is offline
Lba1+2=3
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: On Ruby moon.
Posts: 242
I wonder if it's actually going to go ahead given the US has just banned travel from Europe

Feel like Paris might end up in lock down before Thursday.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosFish View Post
Press ctrl, and change from aggressive/defensive mode to lighthearted/friendly mode.
^^^
Reply With Quote
  #110  
Old 2020-03-13, 22:27
wannie's Avatar
wannie wannie is offline
Magic Level: Yellow Ball
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Edinburgh
Posts: 35
Yep, I think I've never been uncertain about a trip until so close to the actual date! But for now... stock up on those hydroalcoholic handgels folks :P
Reply With Quote
  #111  
Old 2020-03-14, 11:20
Quetch's Avatar
Quetch Quetch is offline
Twinsunian Quetch
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Citadel Island
Posts: 4,518
Send a message via MSN to Quetch Send a message via Yahoo to Quetch
don't know but I'm already stressed out of my mind since France travel is not yet banned, but I can see 100 scenarios where we go there but we can't meet anymore, or public transport is closed or we're put into quarantine God knows where or they won't let us travel back, or stop us half-way through (for example I'm coming with a flight which has 1 stop in Germany), etc. ... couldn't have been worst timing unfortunately ... let's just hope all will be ok though :/
__________________
"Because we don't know when we will die, we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well, yet everything happens only a certain number of times, and a very small number, really. How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood, some afternoon that's so deeply a part of your being that you can't even conceive of your life without it? Perhaps four or five times more, perhaps not even that. How many more times will you watch the full moon rise? Perhaps twenty. And yet it all seems limitless." --- Paul Bowles
Reply With Quote
  #112  
Old 2020-03-15, 13:28
Quetch's Avatar
Quetch Quetch is offline
Twinsunian Quetch
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Citadel Island
Posts: 4,518
Send a message via MSN to Quetch Send a message via Yahoo to Quetch
Guys, quick question: would you all agree/think about asking Wayo and PhilV to postpone this event? I'm asking because already flights have many restrictions and Paris as well enforces more and more measures every hour and the worst thing would be to go there and not be able to gather or not be able to commute, etc. Already they are closing down shops, restaurants and they are beginning to ask people to stay in their homes. And 3 days ago it was all good, so I can only imagine next week it's going to probably get nastier. Please let me know what you think, as flight companies and hotels are able to cancel due to the coronavirus and I'd much rather have a great experience 2-3 months from now than worry about all these problems right now and not quite enjoy the whole thing. What do you say?!
__________________
"Because we don't know when we will die, we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well, yet everything happens only a certain number of times, and a very small number, really. How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood, some afternoon that's so deeply a part of your being that you can't even conceive of your life without it? Perhaps four or five times more, perhaps not even that. How many more times will you watch the full moon rise? Perhaps twenty. And yet it all seems limitless." --- Paul Bowles
Reply With Quote
  #113  
Old 2020-03-15, 14:35
Quetch's Avatar
Quetch Quetch is offline
Twinsunian Quetch
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Citadel Island
Posts: 4,518
Send a message via MSN to Quetch Send a message via Yahoo to Quetch
Hmm guys, don't know about you but my last message from Wayno was the one about "everything for 19 is still ok, we just ask you not to touch and have your hydro alcoholic gels with you".

But apparently, when asking if it's really really still ok for next week, I understood there has been another message, which I did not receive strangely enough.. Therefore if any of you have the same problem as I did with not getting the last message, here it is:

Quote:
Very surprisingly, the French government decided yesterday evening that all the gathering locations have to be closed for an indeterminate period, except the food markets, pharmacies and banks.

Unfortunately, we cannot maintain the meeting with the guests (scheduled in a bar in a private room) because everything is closed. Also, we are waiting for the decision of the venue where we will do the recording.

I am very sorry, but at this point, nothing can assure us that things can’t get worse by next Thursday.

If your journey is cancellable, please cancel it, because we don’t know if we can meet you and maintain the recording.

We will schedule another meeting to give you all the products in premiere, in the presence of the maximum of guests from the game, later this year.

Be safe!
So I'll proceed with cancelling my flight and accommodation, as they suggested. Let's hope this whole craziness will stop in a few months and we'll be able to travel safely and have a blast
__________________
"Because we don't know when we will die, we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well, yet everything happens only a certain number of times, and a very small number, really. How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood, some afternoon that's so deeply a part of your being that you can't even conceive of your life without it? Perhaps four or five times more, perhaps not even that. How many more times will you watch the full moon rise? Perhaps twenty. And yet it all seems limitless." --- Paul Bowles
Reply With Quote
  #114  
Old 2020-03-15, 16:29
SpaceGuitarist's Avatar
SpaceGuitarist SpaceGuitarist is offline
the legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Brasil
Posts: 7,109
Omg... what a bad timing for this pandemic to happen; we've waited ALL OUR LIFES to have lba's music recorded with an orchestra and now when it is FINALLY going to happen, bang, this.



But yeah its definitely for the best to postpone things.
__________________

Polaris: "And what is a guitar doing in the middle of an asteroïd anyway?"
sgk: Think of it this way: it's like a message in a bottle. In our world, we put a message inside a bottle to protect it while it travels through the oceans to reach some other island. In other worlds, they put a message inside an asteroid to protect it while it travels through space to reach some other planet. In this case it is a gift, a guitar, rather than just a message.
Reply With Quote
  #115  
Old 2020-03-15, 17:35
Quetch's Avatar
Quetch Quetch is offline
Twinsunian Quetch
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Citadel Island
Posts: 4,518
Send a message via MSN to Quetch Send a message via Yahoo to Quetch
I know, I was so stressed these last 2 weeks cause I could see how this ridiculous timing was getting closer and closer to our event, by the day, almost like orchestrated (if Funfrock exists, I'm sure it's his doing, as a joke to lighten up the mood). But really, I prefer to have it this way and know I won't need to deal with all the COVID-19 hassle and mania on top of the event. This way, next time we'll do it it's gonna be just the awesome experience with Phil and Didier.
__________________
"Because we don't know when we will die, we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well, yet everything happens only a certain number of times, and a very small number, really. How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood, some afternoon that's so deeply a part of your being that you can't even conceive of your life without it? Perhaps four or five times more, perhaps not even that. How many more times will you watch the full moon rise? Perhaps twenty. And yet it all seems limitless." --- Paul Bowles
Reply With Quote
  #116  
Old 2020-03-16, 23:15
Polaris's Avatar
Polaris Polaris is offline
Polly parrot
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Tippett Island
Posts: 5,899
"very surprisingly"
Frankly, it was the most sensible thing to do. I don't know why they held mayor elections last sunday...
__________________
<((((((((((((([[[========================]]])))))))))))))>
Reply With Quote
  #117  
Old 2020-03-17, 10:35
Quetch's Avatar
Quetch Quetch is offline
Twinsunian Quetch
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Citadel Island
Posts: 4,518
Send a message via MSN to Quetch Send a message via Yahoo to Quetch
What I'm bothered about is that they still didn't announce this officially (even Phil didn't say anything, his last message is from last week saying they'll start recording). If I wouldn't have asked out of common sense, right now I would be packing my bags. They said they've sent an e-Mail but I didn't receive it and probably others are in the same situation. I only found out cause I nagged them. Very unprofessional from their side (Wayo). I've also dropped a message on the project discussion thread on Kickstarter, asking them to officially announce that the event is being cancelled, not to risk having people still struggling to go there, despite all the restrictions. No reply, no Yes, no No, nada. I'm really disappointed with the way they're handling this.
__________________
"Because we don't know when we will die, we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well, yet everything happens only a certain number of times, and a very small number, really. How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood, some afternoon that's so deeply a part of your being that you can't even conceive of your life without it? Perhaps four or five times more, perhaps not even that. How many more times will you watch the full moon rise? Perhaps twenty. And yet it all seems limitless." --- Paul Bowles
Reply With Quote
  #118  
Old 2020-03-17, 14:27
Polaris's Avatar
Polaris Polaris is offline
Polly parrot
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Tippett Island
Posts: 5,899
Eh, hard to handle an unusual situation the first time...
They could've still done better though.
__________________
<((((((((((((([[[========================]]])))))))))))))>
Reply With Quote
  #119  
Old 2020-03-17, 15:02
Quetch's Avatar
Quetch Quetch is offline
Twinsunian Quetch
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Citadel Island
Posts: 4,518
Send a message via MSN to Quetch Send a message via Yahoo to Quetch
Yeah but that's the thing, all the hard things are for us who have to fight over e-Mail and phone with hotels, air lines, insurance companies, etc. to get our money back (couldn't get mine back btw, just a postponement which I hope will stay valid). All they had to do is give a statement. 1 message, that was it. Have in mind we're 1 day prior to the event and nobody said anything. We have 7 backers who were supposed to go to this event and to be honest I'm not 100% sure all of them are aware of the cancellation, that's why I'm making a big fuss everywhere, hopefully to get noticed and notify people in turn.
__________________
"Because we don't know when we will die, we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well, yet everything happens only a certain number of times, and a very small number, really. How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood, some afternoon that's so deeply a part of your being that you can't even conceive of your life without it? Perhaps four or five times more, perhaps not even that. How many more times will you watch the full moon rise? Perhaps twenty. And yet it all seems limitless." --- Paul Bowles
Reply With Quote
  #120  
Old 2020-03-18, 11:22
Quetch's Avatar
Quetch Quetch is offline
Twinsunian Quetch
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Citadel Island
Posts: 4,518
Send a message via MSN to Quetch Send a message via Yahoo to Quetch
Oh, NOW they've announced... how thoughtful... sadly this gives a huge slap across the face with backing projects on platforms like Kickstarter, since I'm always kind of reluctant with these "gimme the money now and hope you'll get what I promised next year" things but oh well...

But what I don't like is that it's associated with our beloved LBA and it leaves a very nasty taste with the way they're handling things. I'll be honest, obviously I jumped right ahead with the highest backing possible to support my favourite game of all time and it wasn't even a new game, it was just a music-related thing. But if LBA3 would get announced and asked to be backed on Kickstarter, I'd highly doubt if I should even back 20 bucks at the moment and that's what makes me angry, that it inadvertently changes my stance with doing such things in the future.

I was supposed to be in Paris for 4 hours already and now they decide to announce that you should not come, juuuuuussst at the last moment, like it took them by surprise and they didn't already know for a week now. Very professional...
__________________
"Because we don't know when we will die, we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well, yet everything happens only a certain number of times, and a very small number, really. How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood, some afternoon that's so deeply a part of your being that you can't even conceive of your life without it? Perhaps four or five times more, perhaps not even that. How many more times will you watch the full moon rise? Perhaps twenty. And yet it all seems limitless." --- Paul Bowles
Reply With Quote
  #121  
Old 2020-03-19, 10:10
Neko's Avatar
Neko Neko is offline
Neko
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Posts: 8,609
they should have postponed it a week ago. at least.
Reply With Quote
  #122  
Old 2020-03-19, 12:59
Quetch's Avatar
Quetch Quetch is offline
Twinsunian Quetch
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Citadel Island
Posts: 4,518
Send a message via MSN to Quetch Send a message via Yahoo to Quetch
thank you exactly... hope nobody went though, that's why I made all this fuss about after all, to alert whoever didn't know.
__________________
"Because we don't know when we will die, we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well, yet everything happens only a certain number of times, and a very small number, really. How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood, some afternoon that's so deeply a part of your being that you can't even conceive of your life without it? Perhaps four or five times more, perhaps not even that. How many more times will you watch the full moon rise? Perhaps twenty. And yet it all seems limitless." --- Paul Bowles
Reply With Quote
  #123  
Old 2020-04-30, 09:38
Quetch's Avatar
Quetch Quetch is offline
Twinsunian Quetch
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Citadel Island
Posts: 4,518
Send a message via MSN to Quetch Send a message via Yahoo to Quetch
Don't know what the situation is with Kickstarter, but here's what Phillippe posted today on his FB page
Quote:
Hi everyone !
Time has come...
We have an appointment together ! We’re back to sound and music !
We’ll be probably amongst the first who will re-open the way to Parisians studios for a live session.
The recording of the Lba Symphonic is scheduled to 15th May.
I’ll put all my dedication, faith, light, joy, hope, energy to record what has to be born, here and now !
We stay in touch !
Life is a gift to protect in any form. Hope you’re doing good...
Stay safe, take care of your friends, family, and yourself !
It'sTime to change something..
Much love
See u soon.
PhilV
From what I understand they'll start recording 2 weeks from now... But the restrictions are still not lifted and what about the Kickstarter meeting? Did you guys receive any e-Mail from Kickstarter? Just asking cause last time they've sent one they failed to include me...
__________________
"Because we don't know when we will die, we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well, yet everything happens only a certain number of times, and a very small number, really. How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood, some afternoon that's so deeply a part of your being that you can't even conceive of your life without it? Perhaps four or five times more, perhaps not even that. How many more times will you watch the full moon rise? Perhaps twenty. And yet it all seems limitless." --- Paul Bowles
Reply With Quote
  #124  
Old 2020-04-30, 14:12
Lupin's Avatar
Lupin Lupin is offline
Previously Link
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Paris
Posts: 2,772
The restrictions will be lifted on May 11th here in France.
Reply With Quote
  #125  
Old 2020-04-30, 15:11
Quetch's Avatar
Quetch Quetch is offline
Twinsunian Quetch
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Citadel Island
Posts: 4,518
Send a message via MSN to Quetch Send a message via Yahoo to Quetch
Probably, but it's a global problem since the restrictions also have to be lifted by other countries in order to be able to come I've asked Phil and he said they will record on May 15th, but schedule the event later in the year, so it should still be held.

Then soon after, the guys from Kickstarter wrote and said that indeed they need to record in May since it cannot be delayed anymore, but we will have the meeting later in the summer, they estimate most probably August, to get together with Phil and chat, listen to the record, etc.. But they said it might be Paris, it might be Lyon, which I don't really like since I still didn't get my money back from the hotel AND flight and they kept it for a future visit, so I'm stuck to Paris. Also, they offered to give us video recordings for those who backed the 800 EUR option and some early shipping of the Sendell's Medallion.

To be honest it's not that bad, but only if the meeting will still be held (and in Paris for me at least, as I spent shitloads of money already and I won't get them back). Otherwise, if this gets dropped and they'll hope to just replace it with some crap bonus goods or video recording, etc., I'll kind of be really pissed, since for the money I could've taken 2 x the 400 EUR pledge and have everything twice with also not losing the other $$ on the hotel and flight, but I hope it won't go there.
__________________
"Because we don't know when we will die, we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well, yet everything happens only a certain number of times, and a very small number, really. How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood, some afternoon that's so deeply a part of your being that you can't even conceive of your life without it? Perhaps four or five times more, perhaps not even that. How many more times will you watch the full moon rise? Perhaps twenty. And yet it all seems limitless." --- Paul Bowles

Last edited by Quetch; 2020-04-30 at 15:26.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Some new LBA artworks by Didier Chanfray dyno News 12 2017-10-15 17:04
LBA 3 hint from Didier Chanfray jimnastics General 2 2015-09-28 20:53
Didier Chanfray SARL Renesans General 13 2011-12-08 21:00
New interview ( Didier Chanfray ) Archas General 11 2011-10-13 21:32
New LBA3 concept art from Didier Chanfray! Darkflame News 1 2011-08-01 04:36


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 19:50.


News Feed
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, the Magicball Network