Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > Off topic > Member Announcements
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Member Announcements Announcements like "I'm leaving", "I'm new", "Happy Birthday", etc. goes in here.

Old 2008-07-14, 01:15
Magic Level: Yellow Ball

Twinsen Newbie!...new information?

Hi everyone im Rob.

I bought LBA 1 absolutely ages ago and became addicted (i must have completed it at least 10 times) Once i was done with it i had to find out the story of LBA1 but i could never get it to work on my PC and both games have just been collecting dust for the last few years.

Recently I noticed a PS1 version of LBA1 on ebay and I have been playing it relentlessly (escuse the pun but theres no doubt that its called reletless for a reason) for the last few days now.

rarely is there a game so brilliant that even 14 years after its release people are still playing and discussing it. Im verry exited about the potential for another sequell especially now that we have just moved into the next generation of gaming, and I would love to see next generation remakes of the first 2 games.

I have just one question...all of the information about LBA3 seems to have been posted a few years ago and no more has emerged since. if this is the case then it would seem as though the new game may never be created. could someone just confirm when this information was posted and give me a new hope!
Old 2008-07-14, 02:07
You what?!

Welcome aboard.

Yes you are correct, most of the "news" is quite old now, but if you read then you will have found out Fred intends to begin work on LBA3 after finishing his current project (someone please verify, correct me if I am wrong). While some people don't think it will happen, I don't think all hope is lost yet.
Old 2008-07-14, 13:17

I do hope your right!

But is there enough of a LBA fan base for anyone to want to make a new game? I can see from this site that there are a lot of fans but are there enough?

It seems as though current games need the repore of Super Mario or GTA or Halo etc to be successful.

Am i mistaken? Is LBA better known than i think it is?
Old 2008-07-14, 15:00
Magic Ball Mister

Kit - AFAIK you are correct.
Axx is the only one that we know of that has a solid connection with him (has met him on various occasions and talked to him)

Rob - Welcome and enjoy your stay here.
Some people have wanted to create the next LBA on a number of occasions but none that we know of have continued production. They lasted about a year or two then died.

There are currently 6 games in production (LBA Prequel, LBA: The Great Rebellion, LBA: Lupin Island Destiny, LBA Remake, LBA Variety Show and Twinsen) and each don't have an ETA on when they're done.

As Kit said, Fred is working with UbiSoft at the moment and his project should be completed soon [citation needed] and then he's promised LBA3 to be in production if his project is a success.[citation needed]

LBA (in Australia at least) isn't very well known but I have found a few people who have played the game (About 2/1000), so at least there's some reception. Mind you, it's been over 10 years since it came out...
Old 2008-07-14, 22:32

well thanks for the info. im just gonna keep my fingers crossed i think.

ive only heard of "twinsen" and "lba : Preqel" and ive only seen pics of those 2. could you tell me where i can read up on them and the others?
Old 2008-07-14, 22:48
Father of Shoda

here you go http://lbaprequel.xesf.net/

Listen to my band's EP on one of the following links!

Check it out:
https://soundcloud.com/inglorious-da...orious-days-ep
http://ingloriousdays.bandcamp.com/
http://open.spotify.com/album/3C1idn10yT06VK0qPiusku
Old 2008-07-15, 00:42
You what?!

Check the Fan Games forum, it's probably not that easy to navigate but you can get a feel for what is going on at least.
Old 2008-07-15, 05:27
Magic Ball Mister

LBA Prequel - Website Forum
LBA: The Great Rebellion - Website Forum
LBA: Lupin Island Destiny - Forum
Twinsen - Thread
LBA Remake - Thread
LBA Variety Show - Thread
Old 2008-07-24, 10:28
LOLwut?

Welcome newbie!!!

Enjoy your stay on our school of magic