Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > LBA Modifications > LBA Prequel
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

LBA Prequel The goal of this project is to make a prequel of LBA1 using the original engine. (homepage)

Old 2012-12-11, 21:10
New efforts! :)

Great and bad news. I would like to show you my appreciation for releasing the demo, new LBA content and of great quality I haven't been able to play it too much though, my netbook doesn't run some games on DosBox.
May I add a link to the download page on the LID blog? Thanks.

I would really like to see the project completed and I understand your decision, but I must say: Thank you so much for your work both on the Prequel and LBArchitect

Take a look at the blog!

LBA:LID Demo v1.0 HERE
Report bugs here! Thanks Alexfont!
----------------------------------------
Take a look at Vindish's mod!
Old 2012-12-12, 01:17
the legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carajo View Post
it sucks not having a credit card to purchase the gog version. Third world problems.
Same here my friend.

LATRINA AMERICA !

Polaris: "And what is a guitar doing in the middle of an asteroïd anyway?"
sgk: Think of it this way: it's like a message in a bottle. In our world, we put a message inside a bottle to protect it while it travels through the oceans to reach some other island. In other worlds, they put a message inside an asteroid to protect it while it travels through space to reach some other planet. In this case it is a gift, a guitar, rather than just a message.
Old 2012-12-12, 16:05
Fruto di tutti frutti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necdilzor View Post
May I add a link to the download page on the LID blog? Thanks.
Of course you can
Old 2012-12-12, 18:06
Magic Level: Yellow Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceGuitarist View Post
Same here my friend.

LATRINA AMERICA !
Rare... Actually in almost any country you can get a Debit Card (Not Credit), and associate with PayPal or an International Visa/MC Card.
Old 2012-12-12, 20:08
New efforts! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TransDiv View Post
Rare... Actually in almost any country you can get a Debit Card (Not Credit), and associate with PayPal or an International Visa/MC Card.
I don't doubt you can get it, the problem is that it's not that easy to get it AND make it an international card to link with PayPal.

@Zink

Already posted it on the blog and the download section Thanks!

Take a look at the blog!

LBA:LID Demo v1.0 HERE
Report bugs here! Thanks Alexfont!
----------------------------------------
Take a look at Vindish's mod!

Last edited by Necdilzor; 2012-12-12 at 20:25.
Old 2012-12-12, 22:04
Polly parrot

Do you have a bank account ? If needed you can transfer the money to mine, then I'll buy the game for you.
Old 2012-12-13, 02:47
Magic Level: Purple Ball

The demo is great! It feels really really good playing new content of LBA, thanks for taking all the trouble of at least finishing the demo! And congratulations to all who took part on it. It' just... great!
I still have to find a couple of places, like the secret door on the pharmacy and the cellar of the bar.
Yeah, it took 8 years to do this, but you have to take into account that you had to develop all the tools to do it, that takes a lot and pays off. I hope in the future the project could be uncancelled or took by another team or something.
Old 2012-12-15, 01:16
Lapichon Melba forever !!

Hello !
What a good surprise to have this demo after all these years !
Even if we definitely won't have the full version of the game, I think we just should be glad to have this nice demo with so funny dialogues !

I finished the demo and discovered every secret : I'm sure of this because I used LBArchitect to analyse the files to be sure that I discovered every maps . It was sometimes well-hidden places !!

As a member of the French website "Planète Aventure" (about adventure games), I spoke about this demo of "LBA Prequel" in an article, to spread the news outside from the MBN Network and to wake up the old fans ! This is the link : http://planete-aventure.net/article.php?id=92
And you can see the first lines on the home page of the website : http://planete-aventure.net/
I made a special thanks to Zink and Alexfont in this article, and I reiterate it in this post : thank you very very much for this, and for the hundreds of hours you spent on this game !!! This demo is the best Christmas gift I could have this years (I can say this with a little bit of advance) ! This is fantastic to play again with Twinsen (sorry, Hegesippe!) after all these years !

I really enjoyed this demo, and I hope to have new surprises like this in the coming years (maybe from LID ?).

Thank you again !
Old 2012-12-15, 04:41
Zebrazilla

Fantastic demo! The atmosphere is absolutely LBAtastic! Sure wish there was more, a lot more, but I understand the predicament and the choice to end the project.

In other good news, this has inspired me to go for a playthrough of LBA. Enjoying it as always. It's been years now. Good times.

Also, the credits sequence was delicious and different. Nicely done!

LBA Speedruns
Personal Best - LBA 1 - Any% PC - Time: 01h 04m 23s
Personal Best - LBA 1 - Any% Android - Time: 01h 04m 35s
Old 2012-12-16, 17:11
Polly parrot

There's a credit sequence ?
Old 2012-12-17, 00:59
Previously Link

That's indeed very cool to be able to play a new LBA game after all those years. Good job guys, too bad we won't see the full game !
I could only find 19 of the grids. Maybe a hint on how to find the credit sequence ?
Old 2012-12-17, 04:31
Quetching a Mr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Link View Post
That's indeed very cool to be able to play a new LBA game after all those years. Good job guys, too bad we won't see the full game !
I could only find 19 of the grids. Maybe a hint on how to find the credit sequence ?
Here's a hint. Go to the forest on the very top of the island. (There is a man digging for treasure, and a gigantic tree.). Now go to the grove of trees to the right of the grid, and look for a hidden passage way. Note: The passage way is hidden in the wall.

Hope this helps!
Old 2012-12-17, 16:37
Polly parrot

Thanks

That credit sequence is beautiful.
Old 2012-12-17, 17:41
the legend

That's it. I'm defintely gonna install LBA 1 again just to try this demo.

sgk: Think of it this way: it's like a message in a bottle. In our world, we put a message inside a bottle to protect it while it travels through the oceans to reach some other island. In other worlds, they put a message inside an asteroid to protect it while it travels through space to reach some other planet. In this case it is a gift, a guitar, rather than just a message.
Old 2012-12-18, 13:47
Fruto di tutti frutti

Thanks you all for the good words . And thanks LFP for sharing the news.
Old 2012-12-18, 23:29
Previously Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceGuitarist View Post
That's it. I'm defintely gonna install LBA 1 again just to try this demo.
Want my gog.com account info to get it ?
Old 2012-12-18, 23:31
Previously Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrQuetch View Post
Here's a hint. Go to the forest on the very top of the island. (There is a man digging for treasure, and a gigantic tree.). Now go to the grove of trees to the right of the grid, and look for a hidden passage way. Note: The passage way is hidden in the wall.

Hope this helps!
Oh ? I didn't see no forest up there... Only the horses...
Old 2012-12-19, 00:47
Magic Level: Purple Ball

Hegesippe can talk to horses without the book of Bù
Old 2012-12-20, 07:48
Magic Level: Yellow Ball

Great work! Installing LBA1 again, have to try this!
Old 2012-12-20, 12:29
Polly parrot

"Howdy Kiddo, how goes it ?"
Old 2012-12-21, 17:52
the legend

Very good!
I'm proud to have explored almost all parts of the game on my own without reading tips here.

A few observations / comments / questions:

Spoiler:

- How do I ride the horse? is this possible? also I couldn't talk to any horse.
- I still couldn't get to the tavern basement, there's a serious bug there. Hitting enter or not during dialogues did not help.
- I wish I could've met the magician who dwells in that place of the credits sequence. He'd have some interesting story to tell!
- The lighthouse was superb, nice work. There was only one strange bug, near one of the benches right at the entrance where I fell into nowhere and died, an empty tile I guess.
- Hilarious dialogues and signs!!!
- The empty cave was pretty sad. You guys could've put something there.
- Jesse, I really liked your music here! Gave a whole new atmosphere.
- The toy shop - WHY CAN'T I BUY ANY OF THOSE COOL STUFF?
- Can I has the artwork of the grobo pirate featured in the begginning? please! ^^

Old 2012-12-21, 19:04
the legend

Also, since you guys obviously have knowledge of the right tools, could you take care of this request?

http://forum.magicball.net/showpost....37&postcount=1 (If you can get those in other languages too that would be awesome!)

Old 2012-12-22, 12:11
Fruto di tutti frutti

SpaceGuitarist:

Spoiler:

- How do I ride the horse? is this possible? also I couldn't talk to any horse.
You have to get hay from the stable (do an action near the green bales), then use the hay near the horses. You can't talk to them.

- I still couldn't get to the tavern basement, there's a serious bug there. Hitting enter or not during dialogues did not help.
Do you hear the key unlocking sound?

- I wish I could've met the magician who dwells in that place of the credits sequence. He'd have some interesting story to tell!
Not possible.

- The lighthouse was superb, nice work. There was only one strange bug, near one of the benches right at the entrance where I fell into nowhere and died, an empty tile I guess.
Yes, there are some bugs.

Probably for the same reason you can't get any of the Nitro-Mecha-Penguins in the LBA 1 secret room .

- Can I has the artwork of the grobo pirate featured in the begginning? please! ^^
The author should be asked for that (LukeNoNumbers), but he seems to be absent. Otherwise, I can send you a version with the Prequel logo, if that suits you.

Last edited by xesf; 2012-12-25 at 00:32. Reason: reverted spoiler region edtir
Old 2012-12-22, 14:17
the legend

I do hear the unlocking sound, the golden door opens, I went in and explored every bit (particularly the corner) and there's no place to go from there. :s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zink View Post
The author should be asked for that (LukeNoNumbers), but he seems to be absent. Otherwise, I can send you a version with the Prequel logo, if that suits you.
That'd be great.

Last edited by SpaceGuitarist; 2012-12-22 at 17:59.
Old 2012-12-22, 16:38
Polly parrot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zink View Post
Probably for the same reason you can't get any of the Nitro-Mecha-Penguins in the LBA 1 secret room .
In the teleportation center ? You can get them...