Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > General
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

General The general chatting goes on in here. That means talk about the LBA games and its world.

Old 2013-05-13, 22:29
You Only Live Twice

Send a message via AIM to Twinsan Send a message via MSN to Twinsan
Citadel island

What was it called before the citadel? We will never know for sure, probably not.

so before FunFrock likely had it renamed most likely

what do you think it would be called?

I think it would have been called Début Island
Old 2013-05-13, 22:31
You what?!

It was called Long Island.
Old 2013-05-13, 22:37
Welcome to Zirla!

Send a message via ICQ to Battler Send a message via AIM to Battler Send a message via MSN to Battler Send a message via Yahoo to Battler
Maybe Alpha Island? Remember, in real life we have the stars Alpha Centauri and Proxima Centauri, so maybe on Twinsun there were Alpha Island and Proxima Island, with Alpha Island being renamed to Citadel Island under the FunFrock regime and the name kind of stuck ever since.
Old 2013-05-13, 22:41
You Only Live Twice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battler View Post
Maybe Alpha Island? Remember, in real life we have the stars Alpha Centauri and Proxima Centauri, so maybe on Twinsun there were Alpha Island and Proxima Island, with Alpha Island being renamed to Citadel Island under the FunFrock regime and the name kind of stuck ever since.
i like to think it was still under the trend of the islands having a name that matches their purpose or something to do with the island like proxima being close to citadel island aka proximate, principle bing the main island, desert is a desert, tippiet has tips for the game on it, polar is at the poles.

i chose the name of début island because it's french for fist or beginning i believe
Old 2013-05-14, 00:14
Magic Level: Green Ball

Maybe the Citadel was there all along, just not a fortress for funfrock or something?
Old 2013-05-14, 00:19
Welcome to Zirla!

Send a message via ICQ to Battler Send a message via AIM to Battler Send a message via MSN to Battler Send a message via Yahoo to Battler
Well, Alpha also means first - it's the very first letter of the Greek Alphabet, and the most important one as it's the home of the Heir.
Old 2013-05-14, 00:58
You Only Live Twice

Quote:
Well, Alpha also means first - it's the very first letter of the Greek Alphabet, and the most important one as it's the home of the Heir.
Alpha sounds a little out of place in my opinion
Old 2013-05-14, 08:51
Polly parrot

Even in the sewer under FF's statue, the blue panel says that it's citadel island, even though no one could access that place...
Leads me to think it was called Citadel Island for a long time already...
Old 2013-05-14, 10:55
Fruto di tutti frutti

Lanyar Island.

Why? Because it has this name in the Prequel (demo)
Old 2013-05-14, 12:16
Welcome to Zirla!

Lupin Island.

Why? Because it has this name in Lupin Island Destiny, and that's a more recent (in terms of Twinsunian chronology) prequel.

Also, I wonder what was the name of Rebellion Island before the FunFrock era? I remember we called it [Censored] (will only disclose if I get permission from Zink et al.) in the LBA Prequel, and in LBA: The Great Rebellion, which is set between LBA 1 and LBA 2, the post-LBA 1 name is Kroptman Island, in honor of Colonel Kroptman from LBA 1.
But maybe the original name was Green Island? Let's see... it's about as close to the Hamalayi Mountains as Greenland is to the Arctic on Earth.
Old 2013-05-14, 13:25
Fruto di tutti frutti

Quote:
(will only disclose if I get permission from Zink et al.)
It's no problem with me, you can disclose it. (I don't even remember what the name was ).
Old 2013-05-14, 14:01
Welcome to Zirla!

Well ok, the LBA Prequel name for Rebellion Island was Teltile-Gib Island (an anagram of Little Big, though with one "e" too many), as a nod to the "... Glb" part of that broken sign on the island Twinsen unsuccessfully tries to read in LBA 1.
BTW, I am seriously considering changing the Island's TGR name from Kroptman Island to Freedom Island, since it was indeed the island that fought for freedom during the FunFrock era. Though Icy Island is another name I'm think of, because it's much like the real-life Iceland, a (relatively) green island next to the coldest part of the planet, and like Iceland, noone except for its original inhabitants has ever been able to conquer it.
Old 2013-05-14, 17:30
Pim! Pim!

i sent an email to fred about that a while ago
he said that before the 4 civilized races took over the island, the tralu were the superior creatures there, so the most appropriate name would be "tralu island"
Old 2013-05-14, 17:32
You Only Live Twice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimmin View Post
i sent an email to fred about that a while ago
he said that before the 4 civilized races took over the island, the tralu were the superior creatures there, so the most appropriate name would be "tralu island"
I am afraid I am going to have to ask you for proof.
Old 2013-05-14, 20:39
Or Emi (was StreGGy)

Send a message via MSN to Streg
don't be so suspicious Twinsan
So, Tralus are like... dinosaurs? And Twinsen killed the last one of them? What a prick
Old 2013-05-15, 01:21
Polly parrot

But then, why didn't we see any Tralü in LBA1 ?
Old 2013-05-15, 02:28
Panta rei

Probably the citadel was covering the Tralu's lair. They were thought to be extinct but when the citadel was destroyed the lair was opened and the Tralu began eating people.
Old 2013-05-17, 16:43
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styx View Post
Probably the citadel was covering the Tralu's lair. They were thought to be extinct but when the citadel was destroyed the lair was opened and the Tralu began eating people.
I'd buy that. Seems plausible enough
And tralus are probably a mutation of some animal, they don't look like dinossaurs...
Old 2013-05-17, 17:15
Welcome to Zirla!

But why did noone even mention the Tralü in LBA 1? Surely, people, especially older people, would have had memories about the Tralü from before FunFrock ruled the world.
Old 2013-05-17, 21:04
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zink View Post
Lanyar Island.

Why? Because it has this name in the Prequel (demo)
Said!!

The Sacred Carrot website
Old 2013-05-17, 22:17
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
But why did noone even mention the Tralü in LBA 1? Surely, people, especially older people, would have had memories about the Tralü from before FunFrock ruled the world.
I have no idea. Obviously the people who created LBA1 hadn't invented the Tralü yet, but that doesn't explain the plot holes...

Btw, we should have a thread about Plot holes on LBA... Or does it exists already?
Old 2013-05-17, 22:25
Panta rei

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcosmapf View Post
Btw, we should have a thread about Plot holes on LBA... Or does it exists already?
We have discussed everything in one way or another, it's just a matter of digging it up
Old 2013-05-18, 03:15
Welcome to Zirla!

To be honest, Lupin Island makes the most sense, as the town there is Lupin-Burg, similar to how there's Proxim-City of Proxima Island.
Old 2013-05-18, 03:18
You Only Live Twice

Quote:
To be honest, Lupin Island makes the most sense, as the town there is Lupin-Burg, similar to how there's Proxim-City of Proxima Island.
i guess thats true
Old 2013-05-18, 17:39
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
Agreed. I think Tralü Island would make no sense. Why would they name an island after a monster that Inhabited it? That is, IF the Tralü inhabited it before they came to the Island, taking the fact that he is not even mentioned on LBA1