Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > SpeedRunning > LBA1 Speedrunning
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

LBA1 Speedrunning Just how fast can LBA1 be done?

Old 2015-09-28, 00:14
Magic Level: Yellow Ball

Sub 1hr finally cracked - 57:09 WR!

This time kind of amazed me. I was hoping to get under an hour but nearly 3 minutes under is quite outrageous. There is definitely 1-2mins to save in this, plenty of mistakes ... next goal sub 55min?

This runs includes a few new tricks and glitches, including the maze skip / blue card skip. Unfortunately I screwed up the building site skip at the end, that alone accounts for 1min of saveable time. But, after this weekend I don't think I'll be running for a bit, plenty of time for someone else to beat this

Edit: fixed video
http://www.twitch.tv/docpaisley/v/18219881

Last edited by serializer; 2015-09-28 at 22:30.
Old 2015-09-28, 10:18

Congrats !!
Old 2015-09-28, 10:46
Magic Ball Master

Wow, nice stuff.
I'm gonna check it later

The Sacred Carrot website
Old 2015-09-28, 19:18
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
Neato!
Old 2015-09-28, 22:29

The video I linked was wrong! Here is a new cut with the first (broken) run removed: http://www.twitch.tv/docpaisley/v/18219881
Old 2015-09-29, 10:16
Zebrazilla

Wow, amazing Pete! Congrats to getting that sought after sub 1 hour! I have been busy with RL lately but will make a point of to watch the whole of the run as soon as possible.

LBA Speedruns
Personal Best - LBA 1 - Any% PC - Time: 01h 04m 23s
Personal Best - LBA 1 - Any% Android - Time: 01h 04m 35s
Old 2015-09-29, 18:15
FreemanQC

Send a message via MSN to gravel22
Oh damn was there online to watch. Total awesome run you deserve this Pete it's just really hard getting everything in a single run. That said I'm probably out as it will cost me too much in keyboards to crack this score haha.
Little Big Adventure Former World Record Holder (53:40:80) see on Twitch below

I'm a LBA speedrunner find me on and SPEEDRUN.COM subscribe to my twitch channel.
Old 2015-09-30, 00:19

Thanks guys! Yeah this was a super hard run ... of course, I have this secret technique called "not smashing up my keyboard every time I make a mistake" Otherwise I think the world would be out of keyboards by now
Old 2015-10-03, 00:11
Welcome to Zirla!

Send a message via ICQ to Battler Send a message via AIM to Battler Send a message via MSN to Battler Send a message via Yahoo to Battler
Woah, very nice!

Now, if you managed to do LBA 1 in less than 1 hour, I really want to see you doing LBA 2 next. Who knows, you might be able to do under 40 minutes there, as LBA 2 is much less of a grind than LBA 1.
Old 2015-10-05, 00:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battler View Post
Now, if you managed to do LBA 1 in less than 1 hour, I really want to see you doing LBA 2 next. Who knows, you might be able to do under 40 minutes there, as LBA 2 is much less of a grind than LBA 1.
Well ... the problem is that LBA 2 speedrunning has generally been a lot more active for the last few years, so almost all the possible time saves have already been found. Sure there might be a thing or two that could save seconds here and there, but something really major would have to be found to get it as low as 40 minutes. kuki_bro who set the current 44 min record is also a really good runner, it would be very hard to match that time. He also found some meca glitches which is how he got the time that low. It's also very hard learning an entire run of this length, and I don't know LBA 2 as inside out as I know LBA 1 (since I only played 1 originally when they came out, I never actually got LBA 2 until much more recently). We managed to take about 30 mins off the old LBA 1 route purely because glitches and skips hadn't been explored in depth by anyone. The new meca stuff allows numerous very big time saves, and there are tons and tons of little things I found that added up to a lot over the course of the game.

So, I don't know if I'll ever get around to running 2, but it would certainly be nice to be able to do both I'm certainly going to stick at LBA 1 until I've got 55 mins at least!