Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > Fan Creations > Fan Fics
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Fan Fics Place for your fan fictions

Old 2004-05-14, 20:11
View paradise and fall...

Genesis

this is the begining of something i did a while ago, thought i would post it. its was ulso prety heavily influenced by the previous things ike this, you may notice

LBA3, GENESIS OF THE STELLAR ENTITY
walkthrough

As you can tell, this game is quite influenced by the adventure genre (particularly Zelda). I imagine gameplay to be quite a bit more in this style, but otherwise I have tried to keep the original feel of the game as much as possible. lol

The game begins with a cinematic of a camera view circling around Citadel Island, take note of the locations of the biggest buildings relative to the town square: The game is a lot bigger than it used to be and you may get lost. Watch the beautifully animated shuttles come in from zeelich, this is one of the best movie sequences in the game (save the end, of course). After this is done, Twinsen, Zoe and Arthur will emerge from the spacecraft. You will see the “Twinsen” animation briefly, showing that you have started and are controlling Twinsen.

PART 1! Back Home
>>>Twinsen
Twinsen’s family has returned home from the Tarmel holiday centre on Zeelich. Zoe will comment on how Citadel island has been expanded since Twinsen had his first prophetic dream. Arthur says he wants to go and meet his friends soon, so he needs to get home and unpack quickly. Go straight ahead to the town square, then left to get to your house. Arthur will run inside, then run back out again with some different clothes on. The camera will follow him to the school, where he will meet up with his friends. Then you will see Twinsen and Zoe go into the house.
>>>Arthur
As the character control switches round, you will see a brief animation showing Arthur! Now is the time you’ve been waiting for: Arthur is fully under your control, but take some time to get used to his movement. If you leave him alone for a while, he may also start to wander around, sometimes into the water. Once you get used to moving him, take Arthur into the school. Your classmates will jump up and run to meet you inside. Your teacher will say that she’s glad your back for the first day of term. To ease everyone back into study, there’s going to be a sports day! Follow her outside and up into the bus. It’ll take you to the Cliffs. As you enter for the first time, a video sequence will circle around the area. The main part of the cliffs zone is taken up by the flowers circle, but you can also see the cliffs of the woodbridge and wizard’s lane. The first task is to run in a race around the circle. Then you must find the little red balls hidden in the field. The person with the most at the end of 30 secs wins. The final game is a target practice thing. Run to the bowl of rubber balls and pick one up. Run back to the white line and throw one at one of the targets. A motionless large red target=ten points, and a moving large red target=30. A small blue target=20, and a moving small blue=60. Hitting the fast yellow large target scores 10 points and gives you an extra ball. After 60 secs, the person with the highest score wins.
At the end, whoever won the most games gets 150 chashes and a Gold Trophy.

>>>Zoe
Watch the Zoe animation whiz by, and take control of Zoe. Baldino will call and ask you to come round and help with his new invention. First you have to go and get Arthur a new baseball bat, however. Leave the house and go towards the Town Square. When you reach it, turn left into the building with the big Penguin logo above it. Buy the Bat and then leave. Go straight forwards to the Densel Bridge, and get into a Bridge Shuttle. It will take you to the Densel Platform area. Go left and then right into the small ally. Halfway down it, two Catmen will drop from the windows above. They will come from in front and behind, so try to keep moving. Get out the baseball bat and lay into one of them until they run away. Jerome will rush out with a laser pistol and apologise. He tells you to come in and says that he dislikes the Densel Platform, but he has no-where else to live since White Leaf was evacuated. Go in, and Baldino will show you his latest invention: a Cyclone Machine. He gives you a blowtorch and you get down to some welding action

Part 2! Bu’s Hoard
>>>Twinsen
You’ll see the Twinsen cameo, so get ready to Zoe will come in and ask if there’s any way to relocate Baldino to a better house. Twinsen says that if they could just get the storms on Desert Island to stop, all the people could move back. He also mentions that the Cabet Caves are now being populated and industrialised, so maybe people can temporarily live under the desert. Suddenly a police Grobo will bust through the door and tell Twinsen that Cabet Caves have lost their connection with Citadel Island. He gives you a Citadel-Cabet Shuttle Pass. Head towards the Town Square, but take the first turning on the left. Go to the big building in the harbour area, and give the officer there your ticket. He will let you through into the Shuttle Bay, where you can board the capsule. As you enter Desert Island, You will see the camera zoom over White Leaf, but you won’t be able to see anything because of the huge sandstorms. The view drops into the sea, and you’ll see your shuttle hurling by. You will enter the Cabet Caves Area. Here, another little animation quickly circles the first cave. Watch the Grobos fire down the cliff onto the Insect/crab monsters. There are three main parts to this first cavern: the bottom ledge, swarming with beasties; the middle ledge with the shuttles (the monsters cant get up yet) and a path from the middle leading to the top; the Grobos up there have sub-machine guns and mortars. Run up the path, dodging the falling rocks and pitfalls, and talk to the Grobo in the black suit. He will explain that while expanding the caves the diggers broke into a part of the Temple of Bu from where the monsters came out. The creatures have already taken the lower levels, and for every one killed two more appear (this is literally true: every time you kill a monster in the cave, two more will appear from an entrance on the screen). At this moment, another kind of monster (a burrower) will pop up from the floor by the Shuttle. A flood of monsters will come up the path, so the Grobos block it off with boulders and then run. Do the same the end this little screen
>>>Zoe
The Zoe animation plays! While Twinsen has been forced deeper into Cabet Caves, the monsters followed the Shuttle path back to Citadel Island. Zoe takes Funfrock’s old Sabre and runs to the harbour. You have the Sabre and a Blowtorch. When lots of the insect-crabs come out, use the blowtorch as a flamethrower as they will set each other alight and die very quickly. When the big armoured borrowers come, use the sabre to inflict decent damage. Jerome and a band of people with either rifles or shotguns will stand back and attack. The shotguns are almost always instant kill, but are painfully slow, whereas the rifles do little damage very fast. After a while of squishing bugs, a bunch of burrowers with more arms and giant fangs will pop up between you and your support gunners, and herd you forward. They do far too much damage too fast too kill, so let them push you into the Shuttle Bay. Inside you will find the first ‘boss’ of the game: ”Crustasect”. It has six tentacle arms, which pop up from the ground, and have heavy shielding on one side. If you try to attack the head while the Tentacles are still alive they will block at lightning speed, to kill them first. They keep their invincible armour towards you at all times, so hack at them with the sabre until they point up in the air and go blue. This means they’re stunned, so nip behind ‘em and get out the blowtorch. When the last one’s dead, the head will extend its neck and chase you around the room, spewing acid. Run around it in a circle to make it spray acid on its own body, the ignite the goo with the torch. It will go blue and writhe around on the floor. Slash at its eye to damage it. After doing this three times, it will die. Well done!
>>>Arthur
This little chapter takes place as Zoe is taken inside. Baldino’s gunners will form a circle under the little walkway over the harbour gate. You are on top of that bridge. Jerome will tell you to run to the Museum and get your father’s Magic Ball. The island is now crawling with insectycrab things, and the super-burrowers will block you in many places, so you can only get to the museum. Use the bat Zoe gave you to splat the small monsters and run as fast as you can to left and through the big gates. Once through, Arthur will shut the gates to prevent anymore creatures coming in. Get into the building and get Twinsen’s magic ball. A new kind of beastie will drop through the ceiling. This one has invincible armour all around its body except on its head. It will follow four attack patterns: 1: It will run around you very fast, occasionally spewing acid. Go into sporty mode to hit it, otherwise it’ll be too quick. 2: The monster will leap back out of range while spewing acid. Only in aggressive mode can you get the necessary reach to kill it. 3: It will bend back its next so that its body is always between you and the head. Use discrete mode to lob it over its body and hit the head. It’ll die eventually. Run back to Baldino and he will say that the swarm has been stopped on Citadel Island, but Twinsen must still be in Cabet Caves, Trapped! Baldino says that you must take the Magic Ball to its owner.

Part 3! Biohazard
>>>Twinsen
You’re trapped in the Tunnels, overrun with the monsters, and more are constantly flooding through via a breach in the Temple of Bu! Other than that, they seem quite easy to kill. The way forward is obvious! Plug up the hole where the things are coming out of. Trouble is, the area is packed with the beasties. Suddenly, Baldino will come zooming into the cavern via a hole in the wall. He has perfected the Protopack with the Esmers’ help, and he’s brought you something: Your magic ball and ancestral tunic! He also gives you some light body armour to wear under it. He will tell you that when you are ready , he can take you to the creatures tunnels which are linked to the Temple Breach. Yay for Baldino. Run around the cave, and buy a Mecha-Penguin. The insect creatures always go crazy around them, they are going to be very useful. Talk to Baldino to have him jet you into a new area: The Hoard’s Tunnels! For this part of the caves, you will control Baldino to move and Twinsen to attack. The jetpack does have a fuel limit, so be careful. Go from ledge to ledge, while using Twinsen’s magic ball to clear the next landing place. Half way through the cave, a huge swarm of flying creatures will flood though a hole in the floor. They follow a set movement pattern, many clouding around one ledge. Try to take as many of them out as possible as you go, but don’t stay in one place too long or some will start chasing you. One at the other side, go though the hole in the wall to find the entrance to the Temple of Bu. In this area, you will see hundreds of insect beasts coming out of the entrance to the temple, which oddly seems to be glowing. Luckily they can’t get up, but a small group of flyers will try and knock you down the cliff. Jerome will let you down onto a long ledge and tell you that he’s going to try and create a rockslide to close off the Temple. Unfortunately this leaves you to defend him while the flying swarm attacks. If Baldino takes too many hits, he will fall down the cliff and you will get the game over screen. After a while, during which a few of the larger fliers and one VERY large one will attack, he will set of a bomb, which sends a huge rock crashing down the cliff and seals the temple. As soon as the light from Bu’s Temple is cut off, the creatures all stop moving. Coincidence? No.

Part 4! Desert Storm
>>>Zoe
Back on Citadel Island, things are looking up. Baldino thinks he knows why the bugbeasts stopped moving; something inside the Temple of Bu was controlling them. To find out what, the Storms on White Leaf Desert need to be clamed so that a team can safely enter through Temple Park. Baldino has been moved into a huge new lab to finish off his Cyclone Machine, but he needs something magical to power the strange magical power keeping the storms going. He asks you to go around the islands to find the wizards and finally return the desert to normality. He gives you a Travel Chip the Esmers gave to him for help on research into shuttle streamlining. Go outside and find your way to the Densel Platform area. Go straight ahead to get to the Citadel Island Spaceport. This is one of the coolest places in the game, and you will have lots more business here later on. Inside you will find a group of Catmen that have come to track down Felix Nox, the leader of the Feline Night gang. They seem very angry, as one of their members has disappeared. When they recognise you, however, they warm up and come to greet you. You have other things to attend to, however, so you make your excuses and go into the Landing Pad area. Get onto a spaceship and give the flight attendant your Travel Chip, who will then let you aboard. You get to see the shuttle lifting off and flying what used to be Funfrock’s fortress, but is now the landing strip for those going towards Polar Island: named Triumph Island after Twinsen’s victory. Once you touchdown, make your way up to the Polar Spaceport exit, and up to the giant floating face. It asks you what you need, you tell it where your going, etc. It will suddenly turn blue and you will fly up into the air to be catapulted to Polar Island. Watch the little cameo as the viewpoint follows Zoe’s flight onto the huge magical pillow. A little Sphero wizard will pop up and ask you what you want. Zoe will explain the goings on so far, and the mage will be surprised that this happened under the noses of the Wizards. He gives you a Red Emerald and a Green Ruby, which have been developed to work in conjunction with each other and Baldino’s Cyclone Machine to calm down Desert Island. He then disappears to report back to his fellow magic-users. Zoe wonders how to get back, until she abruptly is shot up into the air again by a magical spring under the super-sized pillow. It will take you straight back to Citadel Island, and you will lightly touch down right by the Spaceport. As soon as you try to leave the platform and get onto the Densel Bridge, two Catmen ninja-bandits appear and knock you senseless. Its cool to watch them whirling around you though. When you wake up, however, the Ruby and Emerald are gone! Oh No!

So what if I have to have control over every situation? It's only because you would screw it up.
Two carefully balenced hypocrits could make a perfect world. All I need is another hypocrit now...
Old 2004-05-14, 20:40
weee

--> fanfics

I started reading it, really nifty!

I'll read the rest later. I wonder who gave you the idea
Old 2004-05-14, 20:41
Magic level: Ice Ball

Send a message via MSN to morshem
Nice!

(didn't read it all, but still )
Old 2004-05-15, 00:06
Hmm, a smile??

Send a message via ICQ to T@!!&$ Send a message via MSN to T@!!&$
Lol, very big!!! But I start to read, like the other guys, and it semms interesting!

ALL MBN SMILES!

Still love ya guys! =**.
Bye, maybe someday I come back...
"Who is" is alive yet!! Omg
Old 2004-05-15, 00:27
What is this place?

Send a message via ICQ to Atresica Send a message via AIM to Atresica Send a message via MSN to Atresica
Argh, why do I see this so late?!

It'll be the first thing I'll read tomorrow :-x
Old 2004-05-15, 01:05
View paradise and fall...

its mostly taken from purpl sheep and the Authurs adventure thread, but i just went over it. it didnt take that long, but then agin i really can remember

EDIT:
i tell a lie the thread i was thinking of was chaosfish's, not purpsheeps, or meby both of them

So what if I have to have control over every situation? It's only because you would screw it up.
Two carefully balenced hypocrits could make a perfect world. All I need is another hypocrit now...

Last edited by Golemboy; 2004-05-15 at 01:10.
Old 2004-05-15, 10:31
What is this place?

Send a message via ICQ to Atresica Send a message via AIM to Atresica Send a message via MSN to Atresica
Quite original
Old 2004-05-19, 02:23

Send a message via ICQ to Lightwing
Its pretty cool -_-

I like how its written in such a way as if the game is actually released
Old 2004-05-29, 20:37
dig me now, fuck me later

Send a message via MSN to lembo
heh, that's badassed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golemboy
Get out the baseball bat and lay into one of them
i love that idea the thought of Zoe laying into somebody with a baseball bat really made me laugh for some reason...! and her and baldino 'getting down to some welding action' too

www.disassembly.co.uk
Old 2004-06-27, 23:47

Send a message via ICQ to Xakep_INC
Wow! This is pretty nice.