Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > Off topic
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Off topic General off-topic chat goes in here.

Old 2005-06-24, 03:27
Hello

Send a message via MSN to Gustav Sweden
When you meet a new person...

What is the first thing you notice in a person when you first meet him/her? How do you judge them? What makes you back off and thinking "this person seems to be a fucking idiot"?

Personally, I think that I unconciously value people out of their social class and presumed ideological belongings. Of course clothes also play an important role. I could talk shit here for a couple of lines, but Im going to bed now so you can answer the thread for yourself.
Old 2005-06-24, 03:33
Magic Level: Yellow Ball

lol

Race, intelligence and clothing I guess.

I also unconciously value people, but mainly after their clothing and look. I think that pale "white" girls with black hair, make up and clothes are the most valuable human.

Last edited by operating; 2005-06-24 at 03:38.
Old 2005-06-24, 03:41
Magic Ball Master

What do I look for? Oftentimes, it's the little things. Whether someone is polite, courteous, etc. Manners are important. It sounds a tad weird, but I watch someone before I usually go and say something to them if they pique my interest (esp. girls ). I like someone who doesn't bullshit around what they have to say, someone who speaks their mind. Political opinion is often something I kind of subliminally detect just by listening to the way they talk, but depending on who it is, it usually doesn't matter much.

What classifies someone as a fucking idiot for me are a few of the following parameters:

Someone who...

- Wants to see your homework assignment because they got mad smashed/stoned last night and couldn't do it.

- Wants to study with you because you actually do the work for the class and they think they can learn by mooching off you.

- Talks out of their ass and pretends to actually know what they are talking about.

- Doesn't act honestly. Won't look you in the eye, or keep the conversation, etc.
Old 2005-06-24, 03:43
Hello

Send a message via MSN to Gustav Sweden
Quote:
- Talks out of their ass and pretends to actually know what they are talking about.

- Doesn't act honestly. Won't look you in the eye, or keep the conversation, etc.
I definitely agree on this, and would like to add people who only talk about themselves. Egocentrics who just tell you their life story and uninteresting things and show no interest at all in yourself.
Old 2005-06-24, 03:47
Magic Ball Master

Yes. Anyone who uses "I" or "My" as every other word in a sentence is clearly not worth talking to, unless you want to bask in admiration at Mr./Mrs. Wonderful.
Old 2005-06-24, 03:51
The return of

Im in line with the first part of double-j, as for the second, fucking hell it happens al lot, 99% of the time im getting asked not asking. I dont really give a damn, cause were all like that in college, a friend in need is a freind indeed. Depends ont he person asking, i have some next level friends who id do anything for cause were real close, they can ask me everyday for all i care.
Old 2005-06-24, 03:57
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axx
a friend in need is a freind indeed.
"A friend with weed is a friend indeed!" - The Hollywood Knights

Old 2005-06-24, 04:05
Registered Schnitzel

The size of her boobs.
Old 2005-06-24, 04:15
The return of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-J
"A friend with weed is a friend indeed!" - The Hollywood Knights

Fuck hell no, lol. Actually it does work out that way.
Old 2005-06-24, 04:20
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnitzel-Man
The size of her boobs.
"I like to see girls of that...caliber. By caliber, of course I'm referring to both the size of their guns and the quality of their character, mwahaha." - Dr. Evil
Old 2005-06-24, 04:25
The return of

I hate big tits, i mean a A 32 C is more than enough...
Old 2005-06-24, 05:07
Magic Ball Master

Well, yes, I don't think girls with huge knockers are any more attractive than a girl with average ones. Especially when they feel the need to flap them around in your face like the neighborhood skank.
Old 2005-06-24, 05:38
the legend

totally agree!

but may i add: the person's face and expressions. Thats the most important. And by this i mean beauty also, ofcoruse.

cos there are some poeple that seems like real zombies, they talk, but the face is still, like, dead...

Polaris: "And what is a guitar doing in the middle of an asteroïd anyway?"
sgk: Think of it this way: it's like a message in a bottle. In our world, we put a message inside a bottle to protect it while it travels through the oceans to reach some other island. In other worlds, they put a message inside an asteroid to protect it while it travels through space to reach some other planet. In this case it is a gift, a guitar, rather than just a message.
Old 2005-06-24, 12:09
formerly just angry

I think the way people talk - the manner of it (difficult to explain) as well as how and why they laugh are always good indicators imo
Old 2005-06-24, 15:42
The return of

If the face and good, fuck the base, if the base is no good, fuck the face! (or somthing like that)
Old 2005-06-25, 00:57
Magic Ball Master

The people I meet who are most annoying (you may classify them as 'fucking idiots' if you'd like ) are the people who:

- Talk a lot, but don't listen
- Talk in a slow retarded way, trying to act cool and/or funnay
- Constantly stare at me with big eyes, and smiling, appearently waiting for a clown to come out of my ear or something (ok, I actually know only one or two persons who do this)
- Make jokes, then laugh about them while making snorting sounds (unix sysops and helpdesk dudes are widely known for this behaviour)
Old 2005-06-25, 01:13
master of electronica

I'm bored of normal people. So if I meet someone new these days, I like them to be a bit on the odd and interesting side. I don't care how shit their clothes are (in fact, the more lame the better, as it shows they don't give a crap about how they look or are so insane that they can't dress themselves properly) and all I need is some nice-ish manners, intelligence, and strong logical opinions. Preferably opinions I don't agree with but are well-reasoned, so I can have a nice friendly argument. Yes.
Old 2005-06-25, 01:32
Still in a dream...

What I like in a person I meet?
- Sense of humour. I like people whowill make me laugh and who I can have a laugh with.
- Substance in their personality; someone who isn't thick and blunt, and all "me me me!"
- I guess like Gustav the whole social class thing subconsciously. If I see someone who looks or acts like, say, a chav, I won't be in a position to want to talk to them and will probably be like "No." if they try to be funny/acting cool.
- I hate people who act like they are hard and strong, but aren't. People who are all words but no actions.
- Like CS2x said, original people. Not someone who is fake and mainstream, but someone who is themself and not trying or aspiring to be someone else.

What annoys me?
- People who think they know what they talk about when they so obviously don't.
- People who don't listen to you when you talk.
- People who think they are "ghetto" and speak like fucking retards.

Theres probably more :P
Old 2005-06-25, 02:51
master of electronica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandy
- People who don't listen to you when you talk.
I am sometimes guilty of this. Stoner-Boy, eh?
Old 2005-06-25, 09:38
Still in a dream...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CS2x
I am sometimes guilty of this. Stoner-Boy, eh?
Well, you know
Old 2005-06-25, 09:50
The Asian

Send a message via ICQ to Blissful Send a message via AIM to Blissful
What annoys me:
- General stupidity (stupidity is cool sometimes, but it can definitely get out of hand)
- People who think they're better than you and probably are so it just sucks
- Unwanted flirting
- Pretty much all what Pandy said annoyed him

Minako says:
I'm your bitch.
Old 2005-06-25, 10:26
Look beyond reality.

I'll look if she's "breezah", don't know if that's an english term also..

Butt Thej DreZ L1kE Wh0rez &nD t4Lk L1k3 R3tarrdz..

Theire only watching theire clothes and boys, and how to speak the most bizarre on the internet, theire ego is huge, and the only thing they think about is if theire make-up colors well to theire jeans or something stupid like that.

Blegh; the most annoying thing is that 90% of the pretty girls that I know of seems to be like them
Old 2005-06-25, 10:36
Magic Ball Mister

Mine... would be some one, who I now don't like!
Old 2005-06-25, 11:49
What is this place?

Send a message via ICQ to Atresica Send a message via AIM to Atresica Send a message via MSN to Atresica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blissful
What annoys me:
- Unwanted flirting
Hear, hear!
Especially when you just meet each other and the guy insists on continuing flirting.

My peeves are:
- Stupidity, any kind of. I think I have an anti-stupidity radar.
- People who make no effort to have a conversation
- And of course, people who talk but don't listen.
Old 2005-06-25, 12:49
Tomorrow burns!

Send a message via MSN to Illumina
I respect those who respect me a little. For those who doesn't respect me, I'll try to respect them so they can do the same to me.
I think that it's wise to question anyone or anything who thinks that they have the answer. The ultimate sum of all natural laws comprise the concept of God. And I'd have to be smarter than I am to describe it. The only way to enjoy life is to enjoy it and not to try to spend your time to deconstruct it. Ultimately, on the most of tombstones it should read: "Humans: Fretted, worried, prayed, procreated, sacrificed, died anyway." - Devin Townsend