Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > LBA Modifications > LBA Modifications - General
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Old 2012-04-19, 02:35
Quetching a Mr.

Post Alone in the Dark Modifications?

I know that this post has nothing to do with LBA, but it does with AITD. I know that there are some random posts on the MBN, so here is a random one. Anyways, onto the topic. Is there any modifications or programs to use for AITD yet? I totally know that LBA1 and 2 have some programs already. Such as LBAnimator Studio, LBArchitect, ect. (Time Commando, I think doesn't have any yet.)

So my question is, are there any programs or modifications for AITD yet or are? If there aren't yet, I would like there to be a program to open the AITD backgrounds, a model viewer for AITD models, a debug menu (Like turning on the collision boxes, boundaries of levels, ect.), and maybe even more. If any of you could make this possible, I would be really happy. I think some of the people who might be able to do this though would be Alexfontura, and some other members who work with him.

This may sound funny to you guys, but I would also like to play as the Man_0 and Man_2 Models that were used for the testing of AITD that Fred used. (Fred likes it when I call him Fred, not his full name. He told me in a comment on one of my other posts.) If any of you don't know what the model looks like, here are some pictures of the Man_2 model he used for AITD testing.

Yes, I know, they are by gamespot from Youtube, and these pictures are from the GDC that Fred hosted about AITD.

If any of you could make these programs or modifications possible, I would be more than happy use them. I don't think Fred would sue us, despite the fact that there are a bunch of programs and modifications for both LBA1 and 2. And AITD is older than both of LBA1 and 2. (Fred is awsome and so is the rest of his team. Who cares about other developers if they get jealous, that is their problem. Fred is awsome in my opinion.)
Old 2012-04-20, 19:49
Master of Degree

No idea if such programs exist (fan-made I mean), but making them is possible for sure. The problem is that most of the LBA 1 and 2 developers got busy with their jobs, families, etc, and have little or no time for this kind of stuff. I can speak only for myself, but as far as I know, Alexfont is quite busy too, these days.
Old 2012-04-21, 00:50
Quetching a Mr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zink View Post
No idea if such programs exist (fan-made I mean), but making them is possible for sure. The problem is that most of the LBA 1 and 2 developers got busy with their jobs, families, etc, and have little or no time for this kind of stuff. I can speak only for myself, but as far as I know, Alexfont is quite busy too, these days.
By this, I am assuming there may be one sometime? But we might have to wait a while because Alex is busy? If that's the case, it's fine. I just hope one will be made soon.
Old 2012-04-23, 07:20
Polly parrot

Maybe there are alone in the dark fanforums, just like MBN and LBA, have you looked that up ?
Old 2012-04-24, 05:32
Quetching a Mr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polaris View Post
Maybe there are alone in the dark fanforums, just like MBN and LBA, have you looked that up ?
Actually, I haven't. Maybe I should check that out.
Old 2012-04-24, 18:41
Master of Degree

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrQuetch View Post
But we might have to wait a while because Alex is busy?
What I said doesn't mean that Alex would be willing to work on that when he's got more time .

In this case the fastest way you could get modding software, would be probably writing one on your own .
Old 2012-04-25, 02:09
Quetching a Mr.

Quote:
What I said doesn't mean that Alex would be willing to work on that when he's got more time .

In this case the fastest way you could get modding software, would be probably writing one on your own .
Sounds tricky to me. I have never made a modification before. I don't even know how to start! Do you know how to start one off?

And I do hope Alex has time at some point. I know he will have time eventually, hopefully he might use it on an AITD modification.
Old 2012-04-25, 02:12
Quetching a Mr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polaris View Post
I have finally checked for a Fan Forum, but I can't seem to find one. The closest I have found was one about AITD, but it was not about modifications. It was just different information about the game, still pretty cool though. I hope there will be a modification sometime.
Old 2012-04-27, 07:35
Master of Degree

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrQuetch View Post
Sounds tricky to me. I have never made a modification before. I don't even know how to start! Do you know how to start one off?
Well, you have to learn some programming (Delphi, C, Java, etc.) and research the game files to find what their formats are, and how to modify things. It's not an easy task though.
Old 2012-04-27, 15:55
Quetching a Mr.

Quote:
Well, you have to learn some programming (Delphi, C, Java, etc.) and research the game files to find what their formats are, and how to modify things. It's not an easy task though.
Yeah, I think I will wait. I'll see if Alex ever thinks about doing this task, but if he never does, then I guess I'll try to learn, and find the AITD Files.
Old 2012-04-29, 20:21
Magic Ball Master

Hello,

Unfortunately I can't have time to work on tools anymore. The few time left I use to make the game I'm working on.
I still have other priorities to work on. For LBA related, I want to release a more stable LBA engine (prequengine) version. At the end of 2011 I manage to improve it a lot, but still want to finish some important things before release a public version. Still the code can be found here: http://prequengine.googlecode.com

As for AITD, yaz0r probably made tools on his own but never release to public. He did the Free In The Dark (fitd) engine and with his code you can actually do a 3D mode viewer or anything else. The engine is at beta stage and compatible for AITD 1.

TwinEngine v0.2.1 win32 beta released - open source re-implementation of the LBA 1 original engine.
[Discuss]|[Download]|[Changes]|[SourceCode]|[Issues]

The Sacred Carrot website
Old 2012-04-30, 01:29
Quetching a Mr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexfont View Post
Hello,

Unfortunately I can't have time to work on tools anymore. The few time left I use to make the game I'm working on.
I still have other priorities to work on. For LBA related, I want to release a more stable LBA engine (prequengine) version. At the end of 2011 I manage to improve it a lot, but still want to finish some important things before release a public version. Still the code can be found here: http://prequengine.googlecode.com

As for AITD, yaz0r probably made tools on his own but never release to public. He did the Free In The Dark (fitd) engine and with his code you can actually do a 3D mode viewer or anything else. The engine is at beta stage and compatible for AITD 1.
That's too bad. Anyways, do a good job on the Prequel Engine! Also, that's pretty cool what yaz0r can do! I didn't realize that until just now.

Tags
aitd, game, modification, program