Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > General
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

General The general chatting goes on in here. That means talk about the LBA games and its world.

Old 2005-11-11, 19:08
Magic Ball Master

I should use more the search engine and carefully.

TwinEngine v0.2.1 win32 beta released - open source re-implementation of the LBA 1 original engine.
[Discuss]|[Download]|[Changes]|[SourceCode]|[Issues]

The Sacred Carrot website
Old 2005-11-15, 16:04
Magic Level: Green Ball

Send a message via MSN to StraToN
I'm working on the subtitles. I've reached Sebastien Viannay. This is a hard work, but I'm trying to do it as good as possible.

As you said, I will give only the sub file, I won't merge it with the AVI (too big). More, you will have then the possibility to translate it into other languages.

It will be finished soon. I continue this evening.
Old 2005-11-15, 16:24
weee

This is great, thanks for your hard work!
Old 2005-11-15, 17:47

Send a message via ICQ to Lightwing
You did a great job with those interviews! Definitely a much clearer translation than what we had before!

Thanks a lot!!!
Old 2005-11-18, 10:10

Here it is, the sub file is finished !!

It's for free. Please ensure the sub file has the same name as the avi file.

Have fun !
Attached Files
File Type: zip lba2final-interview.zip‎ (3.7 KB, 136 views)
Old 2005-11-18, 11:01
Magic level: Ice Ball

Send a message via MSN to morshem
Wow. EXCELLENT work dude, this is really really great . Well done.

I think El should add this to the Files section on the site.
Old 2005-11-18, 11:08
Magic Ball Master

Simple great. I'll review now the movie

TwinEngine v0.2.1 win32 beta released - open source re-implementation of the LBA 1 original engine.

Old 2005-11-18, 12:57
Welcome to Zirla!

Send a message via ICQ to Battler Send a message via AIM to Battler Send a message via MSN to Battler Send a message via Yahoo to Battler
- StraToN: As soon as I come home today, I'll translate those subs into Slovenian, Italian, Portuguese (Brazilian), Russian and Spanish. And I'll give them to a friend of mine from Japan to translate them to Japanese.

So, expect me to upload the translations on Sunday.
Old 2005-11-18, 16:00

No problem. You do whatever you want with this file ^^

Glad to see all is ok ^^
Old 2005-11-18, 16:10
weee

Wow this was great. Really exciting watching that interview and understanding it.

El should really add it to the MBN site
Old 2005-11-20, 16:21

Lol ^^

Thank you all Dunno if I really diserve all those compliments (is it the good word ? uuh), but it make me proud of myself lol.

If I found any other interview in French, it would be a pleasure to translate it ^^.
Old 2005-11-20, 17:20
weee

If you really want to help, there's the official LBA2 site (here).
The "Team" section only has the French pages and it was never translated to English, so if you translate those pages to English I can insert them to the html pages and hopefully El would be kind enough to add them to the English version of the site

Of course you should only do it if you really want to.
Old 2005-11-21, 03:54
Banned

Liik inj bhohj wquiy kju vca ljhiit oyklt nd?
Old 2005-11-21, 08:09

@chaosfish : I know this website, but it seems everything's already translated... The Team section has only an image... "Adeline Software : un certain regard". It means : "Adeline Software : a certain look"

@saigon : uuh sorry didn't understand...
Old 2005-11-21, 11:59
weee

Quote:
Originally Posted by StraToN
@chaosfish : I know this website, but it seems everything's already translated... The Team section has only an image... "Adeline Software : un certain regard". It means : "Adeline Software : a certain look"
Try clicking each eye in that image
Old 2005-11-21, 16:05

Ow ! Didn't see ! lol tks !

I see... Ok, I'll see what I can do for those pages. I just need the internet for some time.
Old 2005-11-21, 16:09
Master of Degree

I just watched it. Great job StraToN!
However my player does not support *.sub files, so I converted the subtitles to another format (don't know how it's called). And just in case someone will have same problems with sub:
Attached Files
File Type: txt lba2final-interview.txt‎ (6.7 KB, 115 views)
Old 2005-11-21, 17:45
weee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zink
I just watched it. Great job StraToN!
However my player does not support *.sub files, so I converted the subtitles to another format (don't know how it's called). And just in case someone will have same problems with sub:
What player do you have? Is this format a standard for players? My friend tried using subtitles on his mini-video player and he didn't manage.
Old 2005-11-21, 20:40
Magic level: Ice Ball

Send a message via MSN to morshem
www.bsplayer.com
enough said
Old 2005-11-21, 20:47
weee

I assumed he meant portable player of some sort

And of course BSplayer ownz.
Old 2005-11-22, 15:01

I tried it out on
Windows Media Player
Winamp
VideoLAN VLC
Totem (Linux)

and i didn't have any problem...
Old 2005-11-22, 18:11
Master of Degree

Windows Media Player supports subtitles? Wow, computers keep surprising me every... well, often

I use Subedit Player. It is a regular player, not portable.

A standard... no, there is no standard of subtitles format for players, but most of them support many subtitle formats.
Old 2005-11-22, 22:27
Magic Ball Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zink
Windows Media Player supports subtitles? Wow, computers keep surprising me every... well, often
If you install VobSub for example and the file had the same name as the movie, VobSub will add in the movie buffer screen the subtitle.

Old 2005-11-26, 19:49
The Snipa Masta

Send a message via AIM to Sniper Master Send a message via MSN to Sniper Master
Corrected the English.

FREDRICK RAYNAL

There is a lot more dialog in LBA2 - the story is much more "twisted".
LBA1's story was more simple, so there's now more story - but there's also more action because we doubled the surface on Zeelich, but the game is only slightly bigger. In this way, the player may explore a bit more, but above all we have a better repartition of things.
In LBA1, you had to fight every time to progress, now it's more outdoor-based, I'm going somewhere, when you come in it's more "moving".

I think we have fixed the progression, with some moments a little more thrill-less, fights, and more reflection etc.

Outdoors we were giving you space to run around, but indoors you got hurt when you ran into the walls. This was boring for the player, so now you can run eveywhere and just 'slip' on the walls. It's less realistic, but it makes the game more playable. In the same mind, we have accepted the critics about the fact that you can only interact when you are in normal mode, so we thought it was possible to stay in Sporty mode for these actions; we just added a key so you can look around, talk, search etc. while staying in other modes.

Another important thing we've fixed is the holomap. The holomap permits you to see the planet - it's the same planet as LBA1, Twinsun, and what we've added is that you can use the arrow keys to turn the planet. When you learn something important to the story, a red arrow is placed on the map where the player has to go, and there's another section of the holomap where you see the precise island you are on. So I'm in Twinsens house here, and here is the important point, the Pharmacy. In the story, the Dino-Fly crashed himself down, so you have to find something to help him.

So this is made to simplify the players life, because when you've got some large outdoor ares, we didn't want the player to spend all his time searching for where to go - so this method is more direct.

So this is the tool that allows you to edit the places where you're supposed to go. For example you have the number of polygons - well it doesn't concern the houses but it's about 300-400 polygons for all the objects on the map.

We test al chipsets, we are on a Pentium, UMX (Unix?), Cyrcix etc. and according to the chipset, the game will use routines adapted for the computer. We will certianly try to make a 3DFX version, everything will be included in the program.

SEBASTIEN VIANNY

In fact we are using this coding tool, which is made to help programmers use data resources brought in by the musician, sceneartists, etc. so the coders use this tool. When the maps are built with the scenes, coders can add a character in the scene, using the mouse, by a double click where they want to add it. So here I'm going to (music), here it is, I've placed a character in the scene, and this character can be programmed.

Each character has two windows of coding, one to edit moving phases (right window), so we add flags like this to make it move from one flag to the next. Next we have an events part (left window) where we program his reactions to events such as Twinsen trying to talk to him or Twinsen attacking him.

For example, a character 'warrior' will have the job of guarding a door, and Twinsen will kick another guard, and the one that has been kicked can say "Attention, someone's here!", so he'll receive a new 'job' to run to Twinsen and shoot him, and if Twinsen escapes, he will go back to guarding the door.

The hero is programmed too, for each scene, so it can launch events according to his position. For example, if I go near this point, and if I own a certian object in the inventory, then it opens this door. All those things are programmed in the Hero's life where we tell him "If you are in this zone and you chose this obkect in the inventory, then open the door".

ARBAUD LHOMME

So this is a tool that allows us to build models - limiting us to 530, which is a reasnonable number to make fluid animations.

When we finish the character, we must animate it. We can set the position of each limb, record it, and the tool can make an animation using those "Key positions", and you can see here those key positions. You can see that we have 6 positions, this one for example, well I have ruined the first one by moving the arm, but when the start the animation, the engine creates more frames by calculating the movement to get from one key position to the next.

FREDERUC LAQUET
First of all, the leader gives us all the information, lets us participate in the projects elaboration, for technical things too, because we must know if what we can do can be done. In fact, we can do everything - we have some production orders, we must finish in time so we try to do the maximum number of things we can and must keep a certian coherence. If it needs a big calculating time, then we sometimes do other things at the same time. For example I've been working on this scene for 6 months, but I als o repair some databases, or if I find a problem on an obkect, I tell it to the graphic artists.

PHILIPPE VACHEY

I tried to keep the same mind in LBA2 as I did in LBA1. It is always options like Orchestry music. The difficulty in video games in comparison to movies, is that in movies, music depends on the moment it is played, the scene, and the problem was to create music that "moves" that is "emotive", to make the player support the repetition.

The creation and composition side is made here, and the final artistic production is made in Delphine Studios in Paris.
Old 2005-11-27, 01:38

That's really cool ! Thanks a lot for corrections !
But you'd have better to correct directly the Sub file... Maybe I'd do it, if i got the time for...

Tags
lia, quotes