Go Back   the Magicball Network > Forums > MBN Main Forums > General
Buy LBA1/Relentless from GOG.com Buy LBA1/Relentless from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from DotEmu Buy LBA2/Twinsen's Odyssey from GOG.com Buy Little big Adventure from GOG.com or DotEmu Buy Little big Adventure 2 from DotEmu or GOG.com

Welcome to the Magicball Network.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

General The general chatting goes on in here. That means talk about the LBA games and its world.

Old 2010-04-10, 03:34
The return of

Little-Worlds goes mainstream!

A year and 2 months ago I had a telephone conversation with someone connected to the former Adeline Team. He mentioned that they had a large scale next gen project in the works, but where still looking/negotiating with publishers for financing/publishing.

Well ladies and gentlemen, its now official. They're developing a next gen game for the 360/PS3 platforms, using the Unreal 3 Engine. To quote their official site...

We are official Microsoft’s Xbox 360 developer.

Besides developing an original concept using Epic’s Unreal 3 technology, several XBLA projects are also on the way.

Contact us for any retail or digital work-for-hire projects.

We are official Sony’s Playstation 3 developer.

Besides developing an original concept using Epic’s Unreal 3 technology, several PSN projects are also on the way.

Contact us for any retail or digital work-for-hire projects.
Old 2010-04-10, 05:44
LOLwut?

F@ck yeah!!!

I hope it will be a great game

Let's wish for more details in the coming months.

See people? The LBA team is slowly coming back to life, even if they are a little splitted away from each other.

Nice one Axx!

(And this one is not an april fool's joke) :P

Old 2010-04-10, 06:07
Magic level: Ice Ball

Send a message via MSN to morshem
Erm, sorry for my ignorance, but what's Little Worlds?
Old 2010-04-10, 10:12
You what?!

A company set up by some of the old Adeline members (most of them except Fred I think).

http://www.little-worlds.com/

I suppose this is good news, no point getting too excited until there is something to be excited about though.
Old 2010-04-10, 13:45
The return of

Quote:
Originally Posted by morshem View Post
Erm, sorry for my ignorance, but what's Little Worlds?
Where have you been since 2006?
Old 2010-04-10, 15:58
Magic level: Ice Ball

Send a message via MSN to morshem
I never really bothered following all the "works" of the Adeline team... Delphine/F-4 Toys/Little Worlds/Whatever Studios... All sound the same to me. Not like any of them did anything interesting.
Old 2010-04-10, 16:08
The return of

LBA3 relies in its entirety on the success of the IP's Fred and Vachey are separately working on. It will also be interisting to see what they come up with, as both Ludoid (Fraynal) and Little Worlds Studio (Vachey & Chomard) are working on projects they promise to be unique and of particular interest to the LBA fans.

My "Source" did infact comment that the game Little Worlds is working on will be particularly enjoyed by LBA fans.
Old 2010-04-10, 16:10
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
Soul Bubbles is a really nice game. Even if there isnt that much of an LBA connection there.
Old 2010-04-10, 21:39
Magic Level: Yellow Ball

Nice!

I look forward to hearing more.
Old 2010-04-11, 20:55
Lemonhead

Guys!

- Fred probably wants to make LBA3
- If Little Worlds is primarily made up of the old Adeline team, they probably want to make LBA3

If this game is succesful, what's stopping them from buying / renting the rights to LBA (who the hell owns them?) and making a third game? (aside from finding a publisher)

Obviously Fred is busy at Ubisoft, but in the coming years who knows what will happen! I for one am excited.

---

Plus, whatever game they're making might be good Although, assuming this is in its early stages, aren't they a bit late? Shouldn't we be expecting a new generation of consoles soon?

Last edited by Jast; 2010-04-11 at 21:05.
Old 2010-04-11, 22:22
Magic Ball Master

Fred said that the rights for LBA3 are no longer a problem.
Old 2010-04-11, 22:33
The return of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jast View Post
Plus, whatever game they're making might be good Although, assuming this is in its early stages, aren't they a bit late? Shouldn't we be expecting a new generation of consoles soon?
This generation hasn't even reached its peak. Technologies for the PC are rapidly improving (Just Cause for the PC utilizes the GPU for shaders/processes otherwise unavailable for the 360/ps3), but most people aren't particularly concerned.

HD Tellies still have a way to go before becoming the standard in all homes, and we also have PS3 Move/360 Natal on the way that will breath new life into next gen consoles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobold
Fred said that the rights for LBA3 are no longer a problem.
He did, others have told me it has in fact remained a problem. The man who owns the rights is Paul De Senneville, though they're hoping he loses interest so they get it at a good price.
Old 2010-04-11, 22:44
Classic

Send a message via ICQ to Darkflame Send a message via AIM to Darkflame Send a message via MSN to Darkflame
Reminds me, I once saw someone on a GoogleTalk argueing in favour of copywrite/patent law only determining royalties, not preventing people from making things.
So, basically, if you own copyright and arnt doing squat with it, you cant stop others from using it. (but youd still claim royalties if other people do)
Old 2010-04-12, 08:06
Lemonhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkflame View Post
Reminds me, I once saw someone on a GoogleTalk argueing in favour of copywrite/patent law only determining royalties, not preventing people from making things.
So, basically, if you own copyright and arnt doing squat with it, you cant stop others from using it. (but youd still claim royalties if other people do)
Doesn't sound like a good idea to me. That would mean that any fool can make a crap game and ruin your franchise / overshadow your own games.
Old 2010-04-12, 12:11
You what?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jast View Post
Doesn't sound like a good idea to me. That would mean that any fool can make a crap game and ruin your franchise / overshadow your own games.
Agree. People might not realise it's from a separate creator, or they can take a lot of success when you've put in all the groundwork.
Old 2010-04-12, 13:08
Classic

Then you could sue for slander. People would still have to be very clear its not from the original creator. Only it means the original creator couldn't complete block development of something using their IP.
So, say, FanFilms/Games would be legal then. But if you sale any of them, you have to give %% money back to the source.

I dont think they could "take the success" though. The IPs creator could set the royalties as, like, 90% or something. So they still get the vaste majority of the profit.

(the problem with the idea I think is putting sensible limits on the royalty rate. Fanfilms and such dont mater much, but drug-licenses for 3rd world country's? Being able to make medicines owned by a big pharmaceutical company's could profoundly effect things...but the royalty rates would need to be reasonable based on countrys average income or something)
Old 2010-04-13, 08:30
Lemonhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axx View Post
This generation hasn't even reached its peak. Technologies for the PC are rapidly improving (Just Cause for the PC utilizes the GPU for shaders/processes otherwise unavailable for the 360/ps3), but most people aren't particularly concerned.

HD Tellies still have a way to go before becoming the standard in all homes, and we also have PS3 Move/360 Natal on the way that will breath new life into next gen consoles.

He did, others have told me it has in fact remained a problem. The man who owns the rights is Paul De Senneville, though they're hoping he loses interest so they get it at a good price.
Is that guy aware of the MBN?
Old 2010-04-13, 18:26
Polly parrot

Loses his interest in what ?

Also, I don not own any consols (except from game boy/NDS), so, I hope that they'll do a computer game ^^
Old 2010-04-13, 20:37
the legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by morshem
I never really bothered following all the "works" of the Adeline team... Delphine/F-4 Toys/Little Worlds/Whatever Studios... All sound the same to me. Not like any of them did anything interesting.
Yeah, that seems to be true; what they've done in all these years? only 3rd party work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axx
Is this the rich guy who financed the LBA's to be able to exist?

Polaris: "And what is a guitar doing in the middle of an asteroïd anyway?"
sgk: Think of it this way: it's like a message in a bottle. In our world, we put a message inside a bottle to protect it while it travels through the oceans to reach some other island. In other worlds, they put a message inside an asteroid to protect it while it travels through space to reach some other planet. In this case it is a gift, a guitar, rather than just a message.